inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When Will Rap Die?

Written By: Jeremy on 03/23/16 at 11:20 am

Everyone is talking about it in the rock world due to Gene Simmons.

Subject: Re: When Will Rap Die?

Written By: bchris02 on 03/23/16 at 2:09 pm

Rap music has been around long enough that it definitely has staying power and isn't just a generational fad.  I think it will continue to evolve alongside rock, pop, and dance.  There will likely be a time, which could come in 5 years or in 20 years, where hip-hop will lose mainstream favor but it will remain popular underground as rock has during this era.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/23/16 at 2:51 pm

It would possibly die in a while. Hip-hop has certainly lost its definition during the very late 2010s (not sure). Nowadays, it's mostly about twerking, autotune, and random sh*t.

Written By: Howard on 03/23/16 at 3:01 pm

Everyone is talking about it in the rock world due to Gene Simmons.

I don't think rap will die, it just evolves.

Written By: musicguy93 on 03/23/16 at 8:22 pm

I don't think it will die. Just sort of change with the times. Though I do hope trap rap dies soon. I seriously hate that style. Hopefully what comes next in rap isn't as repulsive as trap rap.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/23/16 at 8:23 pm

I don't think it will die. Just sort of change with the times. Though I do hope trap rap dies soon. I seriously hate that style. Hopefully what comes next in rap isn't as repulsive as trap rap.

While I do kinda like trap rap, I just WISH something happens to the rap genre so it could be stable again.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/23/16 at 9:16 pm

Rap will never die. It will forever be an awesome genre.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/16 at 5:05 am

As long as there are b*tches and hoes about which to rap, beefs with rival "crews", drugs to sling, blunts to smoke and forties to pour, rap will be here to chronicle it all.  8)

Written By: ArcticFox on 03/24/16 at 9:03 am

Probably anywhere from within the next 5-15 years.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/24/16 at 9:09 am

Rap will never die. It will forever be an awesome genre.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/24/16 at 9:12 am

It would possibly die in a while. Hip-hop has certainly lost its definition during the very late 2010s (not sure). Nowadays, it's mostly about twerking, autotune, and random sh*t.

Twerking and random sh*t have been included in hip hop songs for years, long before you think it has been. It depends on what you specifically mean by "random sh*t" too.

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/24/16 at 9:50 am

I want trap rap gone, to. It was much better off with T.I. Now I even hate when the rapper mention "Trap music" in the start of his song, which slightly ruins T.I's classic trap hits for me.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/24/16 at 9:58 am

I want trap rap gone, to. It was much better off with T.I. Now I even hate when the rapper mention "Trap music" in the start of his song, which slightly ruins T.I's classic trap hits for me.

Trap rap is ok for me, but I agree. Since late 2011 and onwards trap rap has been the predominantly popular genre of hip hop music. 2010 was the last full year hip hop and R&B still had that clean feel to it. I still remember throughout 2009 & 2010 watching MTV Jams with all those hip hop and R&B videos, that along with the peak of the electropop era I miss so much. I also miss T.I. too, remember I'm Back and Got Your Back ft. Keri Hilson? Those songs were epic. At least we still have Drake, Wiz Khalifa, and Kendrick Lamar coming out with dope songs every now and then.

Written By: 2001 on 03/24/16 at 10:03 am

I don't think it will die within my lifetime.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/24/16 at 12:55 pm

Is classical music dead? There's still people that like to listen to it, buy classical music albums!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/16 at 12:57 pm

Is classical music dead? There's still people that like to listen to it, buy classical music albums!
Over here in the UK and Europe, classical music is well and truly alive!

Written By: Slim95 on 03/24/16 at 1:00 pm

Keep in mind, classical music is music from 1800s. There is a difference between classic and classical when talking about music.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/24/16 at 1:08 pm

Keep in mind, classical music is music from 1800s. There is a difference between classic and classical when talking about music.

So true! It's great to see that we're finally agreeing with a lot of stuff about music on here. There's even a difference between "old" and "classic" too. Any type of music can become "old", but only the most memorable ones that were real popular and loved by a large audience of people become "classic" one day. Isn't "classical" music that old fashioned orchestra type music?

Written By: Slim95 on 03/24/16 at 1:59 pm

So true! It's great to see that we're finally agreeing with a lot of stuff about music on here. There's even a difference between "old" and "classic" too. Any type of music can become "old", but only the most memorable ones that were real popular and loved by a large audience of people become "classic" one day. Isn't "classical" music that old fashioned orchestra type music?

Yeah exactly. Classical music is the old orchestral symphonies and Batheoven and Bach's works.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/16 at 3:39 pm

While I do kinda like trap rap, I just WISH something happens to the rap genre so it could be stable again.

like make it more fun?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/24/16 at 3:42 pm

like make it more fun?

Music is already made for fun, unless it was something for a cause.

Check for new replies or respond here...