inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mixed reviews for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/16 at 1:54 pm

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has received mixed reviewed from critics ahead of its release this weekend. The film had been widely praised by fans after its first screening in New York last week. But critics have not been so positive about the long-awaited movie, which stars Ben Affleck as Batman and Henry Cavill as Superman.

Full report:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35898450

Subject: Re: Mixed reviews for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Written By: cool123 on 03/25/16 at 1:56 pm

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has received mixed reviewed from critics ahead of its release this weekend. The film had been widely praised by fans after its first screening in New York last week. But critics have not been so positive about the long-awaited movie, which stars Ben Affleck as Batman and Henry Cavill as Superman.

Full report:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35898450

Man everyone knew that movie was going to suck.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/16 at 1:57 pm

Man everyone knew that movie was going to suck.
I ask, why merge the two superheroes?

Written By: cool123 on 03/25/16 at 1:59 pm

I ask, why merge the two superheroes?

That's a good question. The whole Batman vs Superman has already been done to death so many times.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/16 at 2:00 pm

That's a good question. The whole Batman vs Superman has already been done to death so many times.
My son will be viewing it tomorrow, I will get his view on it later on.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/25/16 at 3:36 pm

Not sure if I will see this movie, but it certainly won't be this weekend. I was hyped for Deadpool and caught it during the first weekend on a Saturday, and it was worth it. I know I'm gonna have to see Captain America: Civil War on the first weekend though.

Written By: #Infinity on 03/25/16 at 7:40 pm

I kind of wish this got better reviews, just because I want the promise of a more riveting competition between Marvel and DC superhero films. Of course, what I would really like is more films featuring diverse leads that are still competent. I'm supportive enough of the superhero blockbuster trend, I just wish females, racial minorities, sexual minorities, etc. played a larger role and weren't just relegated to sidekick or tv status every time.

Written By: 2001 on 03/26/16 at 1:52 am

My friend paid $18 to see this in IMAX. Sucker. I'ĺl be waiting for the Netflix version and even then I might not watch it. ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 03/26/16 at 2:01 am

I'm not surprised. I saw the trailer and was like 'meh'.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/16 at 3:17 am

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has taken $424m (£300m) at the box office worldwide in its first five days despite poor reviews. The global total - the fourth-highest ever - included $170.1m in the United States, a record for a March debut and the sixth-highest US opening weekend. Dawn of Justice took £15.5m in the UK - also a record for March. The film bringing the two superheroes together for the first time is a welcome success for Warner Bros. The studio has been hit by a series of expensive failures such as Jupiter Ascending and Pan in recent months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35909299

Check for new replies or respond here...