inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Official: Fred Durst to front AC/DC (April Fool's!)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/31/16 at 7:12 pm

http://www.billboard.com/files/styles/review_main_image/public/media/acdc-dodger-stadium-2015-billboard-650x650.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1epDhbpVokk/VkzwrNktnbI/AAAAAAAAQlE/E5rMezWLNUc/s1600/fred_durst_2000_01_01.jpg

By Leo G. Taylor

March 31, 2016

Amid ongoing rumors as to who will replace Brian Johnson, legendary rock group AC/DC has officially announced Johnson's successor. And despite ongoing rumors, it's not Axl Rose.

"We're proud to announce Fred Durst as the new lead singer of AC/DC," the band said in a statement released Thursday. "It was tough. Everybody and their mother auditioned for us: Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, that bloke from Creed. Hell, even Lemmy came back from the dead to audition! Even Adele auditioned! Sammy Hagar; that bloke from Extreme, you know, the one who ruined Van Halen. I think that guy from INXS auditioned, J.D. Fortune, I don't remember. But Fred Durst gave it all he got. So he got the gig."

Durst is best (or worst, if you will) known for his years as the frontman for ill-reputed nu metal band Limp Bizkit.

When reached for comment, Durst had this to say: "I'm frontin' AC/DC! Word to yo mutha! We iz Back in Black!"

AC/DC's original frontman was Dave Evans, who was quickly replaced by the now-more-familiar Bon Scott. After Scott's death on February 19, 1980, Geordie singer Brian Johnson took over. Their best known album is Johnson's debut Back in Black; their most recent is 2014's Rock or Bust.

Johnson has been forced to quit touring or risk going deaf.

Source: RollingStone.com

Subject: Re: Official: Fred Durst to front AC/DC

Written By: Ripley on 03/31/16 at 9:01 pm

Has Jordan seen this?

Durst fronting a classic band? I'm not sure about this.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/31/16 at 9:26 pm

What kind of tomfoolery have I walked into? Please let this be an April Fool's Gag!

Written By: #Infinity on 03/31/16 at 9:31 pm

Bon Scott has rolled in his grave enough as is.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/31/16 at 9:52 pm

I hope this is a joke!! :o ???  Durst can NOT front this legendary band! I wonder what Jordan thinks. :o

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/31/16 at 9:53 pm

The cruelest April Fool's joke since Electronic Gaming Monthly's infamous "Sheng Long Deception" of 1992. >:(

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/31/16 at 11:09 pm

I like how you guys see this and immediately think of me.

Sorry AC/DC the Rap Metal train left in 2003 and has not returned since. I know we are awaiting a comeback of frosted tips, chain wallets and daddy issues but I don't think AC/DC is the type of band to do it. All their albums sound exactly the same, why is it now that they want to do in the Rap Metal direction!?!? Is Angus gonna cut his hair and frost his tips, too!?!?!? Is Fred gonna rap during the old songs? I hope to hear some Bizkit rhymes in the middle of Black in Black. I also hope the guys from Zebrahead and Sum 41 are also invited into the studio to do some guest raps on the nu-traxx. But... C'mon, Fred Durst? If you're gonna make this as sh!tty as possible then you might as well go all out and get Shifty Shellshock to do vocals. ::) ::) ::)

Written By: #Infinity on 04/01/16 at 1:55 am

Sorry AC/DC the Rap Metal train left in 2003 and has not returned since. I know we are awaiting a comeback of frosted tips, chain wallets and daddy issues but I don't think AC/DC is the type of band to do it. All their albums sound exactly the same, why is it now that they want to do in the Rap Metal direction!?!? Is Angus gonna cut his hair and frost his tips, too!?!?!?

At least "Behind Blue Eyes" wasn't given the rap-metal treatment, even when Bizkit covered it. That's got to count for something...right? ^^')

Is Fred gonna rap during the old songs? I hope to hear some Bizkit rhymes in the middle of Black in Black.

Actually, no joke, Nas already transformed "Back in Black" into a Y2K-style rap-metal song himself...with Santana. See for yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvgVyrIG-C0

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/16 at 5:39 am

Fred can sing about his time with Crustina Hagulera.

His first single with AC/DC will be titled "I Did it for the Nooky" and will feature that Classic AC/DC groove beat.  8)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/01/16 at 6:42 am

At least "Behind Blue Eyes" wasn't given the rap-metal treatment, even when Bizkit covered it. That's got to count for something...right? ^^')

I'm surprised Fred didn't think of doing that! He likes to set the bar high when it comes to being the worst person ever (but Shifty Sellshock gots the one up on him so that's another thing ol' Freddy can't do right) so I can't see why he didn't just cover that song but with his own raps over it. "Yo, dis song iz special to me so I added in my own work of poetry as a tribute 2 da band."

Actually, no joke, Nas already transformed "Back in Black" into a Y2K-style rap-metal song himself...with Santana. See for yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvgVyrIG-C0

We should get used to this as this is going to be the sound of the upcoming AC/DC album. Hold on, I hear someone knocking at my window...

Oh no...

"Yo homie, we hear you playing sum of tha Nu AC/DC. U gotta leak, dogg? Fred Durst will save rock."
http://www.xxlmag.com/files/2010/08/juggalos3.jpg

Perfect! A billion Nu Metal Juggalos have showed up at my window!

Fred can sing about his time with Crustina Hagulera.

His first single with AC/DC will be titled "I Did it for the Nooky" and will feature that Classic AC/DC groove beat.  8)

You're getting me hyped up already! Oh boy, the Nu AC/DC is gonna be sweet! I wonder what the album is going to be called. "Back Wit a Bad Attitude", "7 Dolla Voltage, Yall$", "You'll Need a Few Drinks Before You Listen to This, Homie!"

Possible tour name ideas could be "Even AC/DC Have Daddy Issues" or "Try and Frost My Tips" but there is festival already underway of the same name. Fortunately for us, Nu AC/DC is probably going to take a spot on the lineup.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/16 at 7:36 am

I hope this is a joke!! :o ???  Durst can NOT front this legendary band! I wonder what Jordan thinks. :o

Then who can? ???

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/01/16 at 7:39 am

Then who can? ???

Shifty Shellshock of Crazy Town seems like a good candidate.

http://img.spokeo.com/public/900-600/shifty_shellshock_2004_05_14.jpg

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/01/16 at 8:50 am

Are you HIGH? No way! LOL. I mean I liked Crazytown back in the day--I really had a rock phase from hell as a teen--but een though I'm not a fan I realize the significance of AC/DC. Let's just...stop. LOL.  ;D

Written By: mqg96 on 04/01/16 at 8:59 am

Crazy Town? Is that one of those boy bands again from the 2nd half of the 90's to early 2000's? or was it just a rock band that appealed to everyone all ages who were into hardcore rock?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/01/16 at 9:08 am

Are you HIGH? No way! LOL. I mean I liked Crazytown back in the day--I really had a rock phase from hell as a teen--but een though I'm not a fan I realize the significance of AC/DC. Let's just...stop. LOL.  ;D

You don't have to be high to realize Shift Shellshock's mighty contributions to the Rock n Roll world. AC/DC needs a hero like him to speak relevant messages to the youth. ;)

¿ʞɔoɹ ǝɹoɔpɹɐɥ oʇuı ǝɹǝʍ oɥʍ sǝƃɐ ןןɐ ǝuoʎɹǝʌǝ oʇ pǝןɐǝddɐ ʇɐɥʇ puɐq ʞɔoɹ ɐ ʇsnɾ ʇı sɐʍ ɹo ¿s,0002 ʎןɹɐǝ oʇ s,09 ǝɥʇ ɟo ɟןɐɥ pu2 ǝɥʇ uıɐƃɐ spuɐq ʎoq dod uǝǝʇ ǝsoɥʇ ɟo ǝuo ʇɐɥʇ sı ¿uʍoʇ ʎzɐɹɔ

Crazy Town are a Yo-Yo Rappy Nu Metal band from the early 2000's.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/01/16 at 10:13 am

Crazy Town are a Yo-Yo Rappy Nu Metal band from the early 2000's.

Makes sense, cause you're an expert on all of that stuff! ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/01/16 at 3:04 pm

I have no idea who he is.  ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/16 at 6:53 pm

I have no idea who he is.  ???

Shifty was a regular on Celebrity Rehab with Doctor Drew.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/16 at 7:03 pm

I'm not sure if he'll be available though. I heard that he was working on a new release of "Crazytown's Greatest Hits".

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/01/16 at 10:58 pm

I'm not sure if he'll be available though. I heard that he was working on a new release of "Crazytown's Greatest Hits".

First CD with only two songs on it! Geez whiz!

Shifty was a regular on Celebrity Rehab with Doctor Drew.

He's often seen by the local LA crack house, too.

Subject: Re: Official: Fred Durst to front AC/DC (April Fool's!)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/02/16 at 8:04 pm

April Fool's, everyone!  :D ;D

AC/DC would never, in their right mind, hire Fred Durst. That would be like Kevin Federline or Vanilla Ice fronting Deep Purple or Thin Lizzy. Nah.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/03/16 at 12:30 am

April Fool's, everyone!  :D ;D

AC/DC would never, in their right mind, hire Fred Durst. That would be like Kevin Federline or Vanilla Ice fronting Deep Purple or Thin Lizzy. Nah.

Now I'm disappointed. All this hype for nothing. :-\\

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/05/16 at 8:48 pm

I like how you guys see this and immediately think of me.

Sorry AC/DC the Rap Metal train left in 2003 and has not returned since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilZshY6uUo

If the surviving Beasties has gone along with it, this track might have been a more believable joke, especially given the history of the song.

Written By: Ripley on 04/06/16 at 3:56 pm

First CD with only two songs on it! Geez whiz!

He's often seen by the local LA crack house, too.

So many useless hits albums. He's more used to making pipe hits then rock hits. But wait... Crack is rock. So just crack rock hits then. But Butterfly is an exception. Did you hear he worked with Ice cube on that one? He had Jelly Beans in his nose. My bad. I'm ashamed I know these dope terms.  :-\\... Speaking of Dope... They had some hits at the same time as Limp Bizkit.

Written By: Ripley on 04/06/16 at 4:00 pm

Who should it be now? Why are they even looking for one? Is Brian retiring?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/06/16 at 10:44 pm

So many useless hits albums. He's more used to making pipe hits then rock hits. But wait... Crack is rock. So just crack rock hits then. But Butterfly is an exception. Did you hear he worked with Ice cube on that one? He had Jelly Beans in his nose. My bad. I'm ashamed I know these dope terms.  :-\\... Speaking of Dope... They had some hits at the same time as Limp Bizkit.

What's funny is Butterfly isn't even a Rap Metal hit! Drowning (their only other hit which was not as big as Butterfly) is much closer to da Lim Bizzle boyz. That Shifty Shellshock, he is always up to something. Him and his crack rocks. Maybe Shifty and Fred could be dual vocalists for Nu AC/DC.

Who should it be now? Why are they even looking for one? Is Brian retiring?

Scott Stapp, maybe?

Written By: Ripley on 04/07/16 at 6:24 pm

What's funny is Butterfly isn't even a Rap Metal hit! Drowning (their only other hit which was not as big as Butterfly) is much closer to da Lim Bizzle boyz. That Shifty Shellshock, he is always up to something. Him and his crack rocks. Maybe Shifty and Fred could be dual vocalists for Nu AC/DC.

Scott Stapp, maybe?

Yuck! Forget that! I can't stand his voice!

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/08/16 at 6:59 am

What's funny is Butterfly isn't even a Rap Metal hit'

Come my lady
Come come my lady
you're my honey pie
Sugar.baby
come my lady you're my
pretty baby I'll make your legs shake
you make me go crazy

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/09/16 at 10:01 am

Yuck! Forget that! I can't stand his voice!

Imagine it! "BAAHHH GINN BLAAAAHH AHHH HITT DUUHH SAAAAHHH"

Come my lady
Come come my lady
you're my honey pie
Sugar.baby
come my lady you're my
pretty baby I'll make your legs shake
you make me go crazy

Crazy Town's artistic peak was probably Revolving Door:

Now Ladies come, ladies go,
Out my revolving door
Some ladies never come back,
Most come back for more.
I’ve got a house in the hills
With a door that spins.
Goes in and out,
Out and in,
‘Round and ‘round again.

Written By: Ripley on 04/09/16 at 12:57 pm

Anthony Keidis

Check for new replies or respond here...