inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What will 2019 pop culture be like?

Written By: the2001 on 04/12/16 at 9:02 pm

anyone?

Subject: Re: What will 2019 pop culture be like?

Written By: #Infinity on 04/12/16 at 9:09 pm

It's too early to tell. Probably the Marvel Cinematic Universe will still be a major thing and the Nintendo NX will be pretty established, but otherwise we'll have to wait and see what surprises the coming two years have in store before we can fully picture the end of this decade.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/12/16 at 9:25 pm

It's too early to tell. Probably the Marvel Cinematic Universe will still be a major thing and the Nintendo NX will be pretty established, but otherwise we'll have to wait and see what surprises the coming two years have in store before we can fully picture the end of this decade.

Oh it will, Captain America: Civil War is almost out and it will kick off phase three of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Phase two just ended last year with Ant-Man. There's already many MCU phase three movies being planned up through 2019. The DC comic shows will still be going strong too, like the Flash and maybe some new ones along the way. Arrow or Gotham might be ended. Not so sure about Supergirl of course. We might be having a live-action Justice League or (Teen) Titans series in a few years. The Walking Dead will be on its 9th and 10th seasons by then. I feel like the millennial generation has had comic book shows (specifically DC & Marvel) at its best our whole lives. We had all of the best DC and Marvel cartoons on our favorite kid stations when we were younger, and now as adults we have all these good live-action movies and TV series based off the DC/Marvel comics, that's been a lot better than years past. Probably the best it's ever been. 

Written By: bchris02 on 04/12/16 at 10:12 pm

My guess is music will keep improving.  Movies will mostly be what they are today; superhero movies, dystopian fiction, and reboots of '90s classics, and Star Wars Episode IX.  Virtual reality will be much more widespread on the technology front.  Politics could be the same or very different depending on who wins the next election.  We are only three years from 2019.  Culture will be mostly similar to what we have now but will be more evolved.  I doubt there will be another 2008-09 style shift until well into the '20s.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/12/16 at 11:52 pm

I think 2019 will look very different than now. I think music will have a different sound, fashion will be different, tech will be different, etc. I think we will be in the next decade culturally in 2019. I think there will be a big shift in 2018. I think the things that are popular today will start to look dated. It will feel like a totally different era and it will feel like we're in the future, kinda like 2008-2009 was. We didn't have a huge amount of changes this decade so far, so that's why I think 2019 will be very different than now. I think we will notice a huge difference in technology. There are so many new exciting pieces of tech being developed now that we will be able to use. Hololens is an example as the release date for consumers is 2019 I believe. The way we use tech will evolve in 2019. As for music and culture I don't know exactly but I do think it will be much more upbeat and fun than now. I think fashion is gonna look wacky again, not sure what trends exactly but I think it will be interesting. I have a feeling the next couple of years will be changeful. But we shall wait and see.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/12/16 at 11:55 pm

Another teen pop phase?

Written By: #Infinity on 04/13/16 at 12:24 am

I think 2019 will look very different than now. I think music will have a different sound, fashion will be different, tech will be different, etc. I think we will be in the next decade culturally in 2019. I think there will be a big shift in 2018. I think the things that are popular today will start to look dated. It will feel like a totally different era and it will feel like we're in the future, kinda like 2008-2009 was. We didn't have a huge amount of changes this decade so far, so that's why I think 2019 will be very different than now. I think we will notice a huge difference in technology. There are so many new exciting pieces of tech being developed now that we will be able to use. Hololens is an example as the release date for consumers is 2019 I believe. The way we use tech will evolve in 2019. As for music and culture I don't know exactly but I do think it will be much more upbeat and fun than now. I think fashion is gonna look wacky again, not sure what trends exactly but I think it will be interesting. I have a feeling the next couple of years will be changeful. But we shall wait and see.

I don't think we'll be in the cultural 2020s as soon as 2019, mostly due to aforementioned things like the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Star Wars sequel trilogy still likely being extremely relevant that year. Also, the mid-2010s have been a longer decade sub-era than average, with the consensus being that 2013 was the first predominantly mid-2010s year (with many influences even going back to 2012), while 2016 is probably going to be the last. I think whatever culture emerges around the late 2016 and all of 2017 will still be in its prime through at least 2020, perhaps still being mostly dominant in 2021 as well.

I thought the 2016 revival of the Powerpuff Girls would turn out to be one of the definitive kid cartoons of the late 2010s, but so far it's gotten lukewarm ratings at best, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it cancelled sometime next year or maybe even sooner. Now that Gravity Falls and The Penguins of Madagascar are over, I'm not sure what fads are going to fill in the void for kid television shows. As for more adult programs, I'm sure The Walking Dead and House of Cards will continue to reign supreme into the 2010s, in addition to the MCU original series, but I'm especially interested to find out what shows will be premiering in autumn and if they're gonna be successful.

I am hoping that the late 2010s will see virtual reality become mainstream, Pokémon GO turn out to be a revolutionary success, and genuine individuality emerge as the major focal point of social discussions. Still, this is strictly wishful thinking.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/13/16 at 12:38 am

I don't think we'll be in the cultural 2020s as soon as 2019, mostly due to aforementioned things like the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Star Wars sequel trilogy still likely being extremely relevant that year. Also, the mid-2010s have been a longer decade sub-era than average, with the consensus being that 2013 was the first predominantly mid-2010s year (with many influences even going back to 2012), while 2016 is probably going to be the last. I think whatever culture emerges around the late 2016 and all of 2017 will still be in its prime through at least 2020, perhaps still being mostly dominant in 2021 as well.

I thought the 2016 revival of the Powerpuff Girls would turn out to be one of the definitive kid cartoons of the late 2010s, but so far it's gotten lukewarm ratings at best, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it cancelled sometime next year or maybe even sooner. Now that Gravity Falls and The Penguins of Madagascar are over, I'm not sure what fads are going to fill in the void for kid television shows. As for more adult programs, I'm sure The Walking Dead and House of Cards will continue to reign supreme into the 2010s, in addition to the MCU original series, but I'm especially interested to find out what shows will be premiering in autumn and if they're gonna be successful.

I am hoping that the late 2010s will see virtual reality become mainstream, Pokémon GO turn out to be a revolutionary success, and genuine individuality emerge as the major focal point of social discussions. Still, this is strictly wishful thinking.

I see 2014 as the first full mid 2010's years and 2013 was transitional. 2012 was totally early 10's and the very beginning of 2013 was early 10's too. I really can't see any similarities of now and 2012 but I do see a lot of similarities between now and late 2013. Anyways, I don't think we will have a major transition yet but I definitely do think we will see hints very soon of the major shift. Probably late 2016 we will start to see the first hints of what the next culture will be like. Kinda like in 2006 we saw hints of changes coming but the full transition into the cultural 10's didn't occur until 2008. But I do think most of the culture we have now will remain popular until 2018. This is just what I believe but nobody knows for sure of course haha.

Written By: musicguy93 on 04/13/16 at 1:17 am

Honestly, it's hard to say. I'm sure movies will pretty much be the same. The superhero craze seems to still be going strong, as much as I hate to admit. On the plus side, I do look forward to seeing the rest of the Star Wars sequel trilogy, during the remainder of this decade. As for music, honestly, it's really hard to say. 2016 so far is still very mid-2010s music-wise. It's the same with fashion, as the whole hipster style is still dominant. Though that is to be expected, as we are still in the 2015-2016 school year. I'm sure around the fall (or winter) of this year, we will begin to see the first signs of late 2010s trends. At least with music and fashion. Hopefully it will be more appealing than the music/fashion of the mid 2010s. As for T.V. shows, this one is the hardest to predict. I'm really hoping that T.V. becomes entertaining again, as it was in previous decades. I know I'm a minority, but I do NOT think the 2010s are the "golden age of television". I personally enjoy T.V. shows from the 90s and early-mid 00s a lot more than T.V. shows from the 2010s. Though, as much as I hate to admit, it's possible that the current state of T.V. will remain largely the same in the next 3 years. Or we may see a significant shift away from the "serialized cliffhanger dramas" that have dominated the decade thus far. As for technology, I hope for something really impressive, and not just trendy apple/google gadgets. Hopefully, virtual reality takes off, as everyone has already stated.

Written By: #Infinity on 04/13/16 at 5:01 am

I see 2014 as the first full mid 2010's years and 2013 was transitional. 2012 was totally early 10's and the very beginning of 2013 was early 10's too. I really can't see any similarities of now and 2012 but I do see a lot of similarities between now and late 2013.

2012 is mostly early 2010s, but there were still already a lot of new influences coming into being, like EDM music, touchscreen devices reaching the point of ubiquity, Wii U, Gravity Falls, fade cuts and side buzzes becoming common, and the first Avengers and Hunger Games movies.

2013 was also a pretty transitional year, but it was still mid-2010s on an overall level. By spring of that year, our current SJW culture became inescapable, and would only be compounded by the George Zimmerman decision that summer. The disco revival movement also took off in summer 2013, thanks to "Blurred Lines" and "Get Lucky." Breaking Bad ended in September, while Orange Is the New Black and House of Cards premiered around the same time. Online video services like Netflix were practically standard. The last Twilight movie had already come out late the previous year. November saw both the true beginning of the eighth generation of gaming, as well as the premiere of Frozen, the definitive kid franchise of the mid-2010s (and which will probably remain a huge seller for several years to come).

Written By: Slim95 on 04/13/16 at 10:30 am

2012 is mostly early 2010s, but there were still already a lot of new influences coming into being, like EDM music, touchscreen devices reaching the point of ubiquity, Wii U, Gravity Falls, fade cuts and side buzzes becoming common, and the first Avengers and Hunger Games movies.

2013 was also a pretty transitional year, but it was still mid-2010s on an overall level. By spring of that year, our current SJW culture became inescapable, and would only be compounded by the George Zimmerman decision that summer. The disco revival movement also took off in summer 2013, thanks to "Blurred Lines" and "Get Lucky." Breaking Bad ended in September, while Orange Is the New Black and House of Cards premiered around the same time. Online video services like Netflix were practically standard. The last Twilight movie had already come out late the previous year. November saw both the true beginning of the eighth generation of gaming, as well as the premiere of Frozen, the definitive kid franchise of the mid-2010s (and which will probably remain a huge seller for several years to come).

I still see as 2012 purely early 10's. I remember when people at that time called it a changing year and I was like "What? The year was so boring."  ;D

Written By: the2001 on 04/13/16 at 11:56 am

The mid 2010s are longer than mid 2000s you are saying?

Written By: mqg96 on 04/13/16 at 12:11 pm

I still see as 2012 purely early 10's. I remember when people at that time called it a changing year and I was like "What? The year was so boring."  ;D

I'm with #Infinity. Spring & Summer 2012 was still purely early 10's culture with a lot of mid 10's influences coming in, but Fall 2012 is when the transition from early 10's to mid 10's began, which continued throughout Spring & Summer 2013, and by Fall 2013 the transition into mid 10's culture was complete. Personally IMO I think Fall 2010-Summer 2011 was the peak of early 10's culture, at least here in the United States. The culture throughout decades change gradually. Sometimes the cultural decade can begin before the decade, sometimes it can begin after the decade. Same goes for parts of the decade. It's about the majority of the time the pop culture peaks.

2012 was a great year for my personal life. Since a lot of good movies came out that year and my sports teams in college football and NFL had really great years. I was still a sophomore in high school for a good chunk of that year when high school was still a lot easier for me, my 2nd semester of sophomore year was really fun and it was the last semester the best/lenient principal was still at my school. Throughout the summer I spent time playing the XBOX 360 a lot of my friends and cousins on games like Call of Duty: Black Ops, NCAA Football, Madden, Assassin's Creed 3, and much more. Your 2013 was like my 2014, but Summer 2011 is still my favorite so far, because of visiting family and new places in Ohio and New York.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/13/16 at 1:01 pm

I am curious as to what you think will drive a major shift in 2018. Major cultural shifts are generally 15-20 years apart. The things that culminated in the late 2008 shift had been building for quite some time. I don't see anything like that on the horizon right now. Even with the SJW backlash, as of 2016 a majority of the country is still trending leftward. Music is getting better but I don't see anything really transformative on the horizon. The next big musical shift will likely come when a currently underground genre goes mainstream.  Is there anything on the horizon?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/13/16 at 1:04 pm

I agree, the mid 10s influences didn't really show until the fall of that year!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/13/16 at 1:06 pm

I see 2013 as the first core 10s year but not MID! That would have been 2014.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/13/16 at 1:09 pm

I'm with #Infinity. Spring & Summer 2012 was still purely early 10's culture with a lot of mid 10's influences coming in, but Fall 2012 is when the transition from early 10's to mid 10's began, which continued throughout Spring & Summer 2013, and by Fall 2013 the transition into mid 10's culture was complete. Personally IMO I think Fall 2010-Summer 2011 was the peak of early 10's culture, at least here in the United States. The culture throughout decades change gradually. Sometimes the cultural decade can begin before the decade, sometimes it can begin after the decade. Same goes for parts of the decade. It's about the majority of the time the pop culture peaks.

2012 was a great year for my personal life. Since a lot of good movies came out that year and my sports teams in college football and NFL had really great years. I was still a sophomore in high school for a good chunk of that year when high school was still a lot easier for me, my 2nd semester of sophomore year was really fun and it was the last semester the best/lenient principal was still at my school. Throughout the summer I spent time playing the XBOX 360 a lot of my friends and cousins on games like Call of Duty: Black Ops, NCAA Football, Madden, Assassin's Creed 3, and much more. Your 2013 was like my 2014, but Summer 2011 is still my favorite so far, because of visiting family and new places in Ohio and New York.

I think Fall 2010-mid 2012 was the all time peak of early 2010s culture. Fall of 2013 didn't feel completely mid, it was the completion of CORE 10s culture. Now, 2014 that was when the mid 2010s culture was complete.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/13/16 at 1:13 pm

It sounds like you're confusing core with mid!

Written By: mqg96 on 04/13/16 at 1:14 pm

I think Fall 2010-mid 2012 was the all time peak of early 2010s culture. Fall of 2013 didn't feel completely mid, it was the completion of CORE 10s culture. Now, 2014 that was when the mid 2010s culture was complete.

Fall 2010 through all of 2011 can get a pass as the peak of early 2010's culture, but not Spring & Summer 2012. While Spring & Summer 2012 were still early 2010's, it certainly wasn't the peak anymore since a lot of mid 2010's influences started coming in. Like the Treyvon Martin shooting from Zimmerman, 2010's cultural movies like The Avengers, The Hunger Games, 21 Jump Street, Ted, and The Amazing Spider-Man had come out. The trap rap era of hip-hop music had began, which we're still in today. The electropop era of music while still relevant was soon to come to an end and the modern teen pop and disco revival was on its way. Facebook's popularity started shifting over to Twitter and Instagram towards mid 2012, which are still relevant today. Shows like Jersey Shore and Breaking Bad while still going on, only had under a year or two left in the series, so it was no longer at its peak or center. All of these weren't enough to kick off mid 2010's culture, but there were too many mid 2010's influences coming in throughout 2012 for it to be the quintessential early 2010's anymore.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/13/16 at 1:17 pm

Fall 2010 through all of 2011 can get a pass as the peak of early 2010's culture, but not Spring & Summer 2012. While Spring & Summer 2012 were still early 2010's, it certainly wasn't the peak anymore since a lot of mid 2010's influences started coming in. Like the Treyvon Martin shooting from Zimmerman, 2010's cultural movies like The Avengers, The Hunger Games, 21 Jump Street, Ted, and The Amazing Spider-Man had come out. The trap rap era of hip-hop music had began, which we're still in today. The electropop era of music while still relevant was soon to come to an end and the modern teen pop and disco revival was on its way. Facebook's popularity started shifting over to Twitter and Instagram towards mid 2012, which are still relevant today. Shows like Jersey Shore and Breaking Bad while still going on, only had under a year or two left in the series, so it was no longer at its peak or center. All of these weren't enough to kick off mid 2010's culture, but there were too many mid 2010's influences coming in throughout 2012 for it to be the quintessential early 2010's anymore.

Well, having lived through it here in Missouri, that late 2010-mid 2012 period still is to me; and you aint changing my opinion.

Written By: #Infinity on 04/13/16 at 2:36 pm

It sounds like you're confusing core with mid!

I'm not, I actually think the "core" 2010s began around the end of 2011, after which the Arab Spring had occurred, Bin Laden was dead, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones were on television, classic 2000s shows like The Office weren't that popular anymore, the Iraq War ended, music started to trend more towards EDM, touchscreen phones were basically more popular than Blackberries, tablet devices were becoming popular, and lingering 2000s rock genera like emo and post-grunge was completely gone from the mainstream. In my opinion the peripheral early 2010s were spring 2009 to autumn 2011. There really weren't any distinctly 2000s influences left at all by 2012.

As for 2013, I'll accept it as mostly early 2010s, since it was still quite transitional, but I still think the mid-2010s influences were more apparent. The mid-2010s began on time.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/13/16 at 6:02 pm

I'm not, I actually think the "core" 2010s began around the end of 2011, after which the Arab Spring had occurred, Bin Laden was dead, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones were on television, classic 2000s shows like The Office weren't that popular anymore, the Iraq War ended, music started to trend more towards EDM, touchscreen phones were basically more popular than Blackberries, tablet devices were becoming popular, and lingering 2000s rock genera like emo and post-grunge was completely gone from the mainstream. In my opinion the peripheral early 2010s were spring 2009 to autumn 2011. There really weren't any distinctly 2000s influences left at all by 2012.

As for 2013, I'll accept it as mostly early 2010s, since it was still quite transitional, but I still think the mid-2010s influences were more apparent. The mid-2010s began on time.

Oh ok! :) 2011 and 12 core.... that's debatable. But hey, it's to each his own. ;)

Written By: #Infinity on 04/13/16 at 6:31 pm

Oh ok! :) 2011 and 12 core.... that's debatable. But hey, it's to each his own. ;)

Or her. :P

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/13/16 at 6:33 pm

Or her. :P

Oops, my bad! ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 04/13/16 at 6:43 pm

I didn't notice any change Fall of 2012. If you look at the Billboard charts and compare the January and Decemeber 2012 charts, you will notice music sounds very similar. But if you compare January 2013 to December 2013, the change in music is very noticable.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/13/16 at 6:45 pm

2013 can be considered a mid 10's year. I just don't think 2012 has any mid 10's in it personally. 2011 and 2012 were similar years to  me.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/13/16 at 6:51 pm

2013 can be considered a mid 10's year. I just don't think 2012 has any mid 10's in it personally. 2011 and 2012 were similar years to  me.

I'm not saying that 2012 was the start of mid 2010's culture. I agree that 2012 was still an early 2010's year, while 2013 was when mid 2010's culture started, but it's just that 2012 did in fact give us the earliest mid 2010's influences though as I already stated on one of my previous posts. 2010 and 2011 on the other hand, were the ultimate early 2010's years that still had some leftover late 2000's influences. 2012 was the elderly early 2010's year with the earliest mid 2010's influences. 2009 was the baby (young) early 2010's year.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/13/16 at 7:11 pm

anyone?

I think it'll be early 2020s pop culture. I don't know. It seems like I want the late 2010s/early 2020s to better, since I wouldn't have to deal with overrated pop culture maybe.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 04/13/16 at 10:13 pm

anyone?

Like NewYorkEagle said, the final pop culture properties for the early 2020s will be introduced in 2019. 2019 will be more like 1989, but it probably will not be as great a year as '89, though.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/13/16 at 11:49 pm

Who knows.  '10s culture could continue until 2021 or 2022.  We really won't know until 2024 or 2025 when exactly the '10s transitioned to the '20s.  These kind of things are hard to predict until after the fact.

Written By: ralfy on 04/14/16 at 4:10 am

Will likely be influenced by current crises amplified.

Written By: Redhairkid on 04/14/16 at 5:49 am

Given the age I will be in 2019, I will be too old to care!

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 04/14/16 at 9:04 am

Who knows.  '10s culture could continue until 2021 or 2022.  We really won't know until 2024 or 2025 when exactly the '10s transitioned to the '20s.  These kind of things are hard to predict until after the fact.

By '10s culture, would you be referring to the culture started in the 2010s (I.e. custom all over print unisex sweatshirts, Orange is the New Black, and Minecraft) or the pop culture that came out of the 2000s for the '10s (I.e. slang like "epic fail", Angry Birds, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, and the Transformers movies)?

Written By: Slim95 on 04/14/16 at 2:16 pm

By '10s culture, would you be referring to the culture started in the 2010s (I.e. custom all over print unisex sweatshirts, Orange is the New Black, and Minecraft) or the pop culture that came out of the 2000s for the '10s (I.e. slang like "epic fail", Angry Birds, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, and the Transformers movies)?

All those things you listed are 10's culture in my eyes.

Written By: musicguy93 on 04/14/16 at 5:47 pm

You mean core 2010s culture or late 2010s culture? I can understand late 2010s culture continuing till about 2021/2022. But core 2010s culture? I doubt it. I have a hard time imagining guys still dressing like this in 2021/2022:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/02/17/25C4EC5D00000578-2957742-image-a-8_1424210623438.jpg

https://vonzwei.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/p1016154.jpg

How these styles got popular in the first place is beyond me.  8-P

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/14/16 at 5:59 pm

Late '10s culture, I could get. But not core '10s.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/14/16 at 6:00 pm

Late '10s culture, I could get. But not core '10s.

Nobody knows anything about the future though. I too seriously doubt it, but anything can happen in the future.

Written By: Toon on 04/15/16 at 5:19 pm

You mean core 2010s culture or late 2010s culture? I can understand late 2010s culture continuing till about 2021/2022. But core 2010s culture? I doubt it. I have a hard time imagining guys still dressing like this in 2021/2022:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/02/17/25C4EC5D00000578-2957742-image-a-8_1424210623438.jpg

https://vonzwei.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/p1016154.jpg

How these styles got popular in the first place is beyond me.  8-P

Whenever I look at past decades I'm always finding the old fashion of those decades to be very weird. The 2010s is the first decade where the fashion is current yet I already found it to be weird. I don't see the fashion of this decade being around much longer. I'd assume the 10's fashion to disappear by the late '10s/early '20s.

Now I do get into the 2010's skater fashion everyone now and then as I find it to be kind of cool.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/5sosuktour2014_%28cropped%29.jpg

Written By: musicguy93 on 04/15/16 at 7:24 pm

Whenever I look at past decades I'm always finding the old fashion of those decades to be very weird. The 2010s is the first decade where the fashion is current yet I already found it to be weird. I don't see the fashion of this decade being around much longer. I'd assume the 10's fashion to disappear by the late '10s/early '20s.

I agree. The styles I posted above will age horribly.

Now I do get into the 2010's skater fashion everyone now and then as I find it to be kind of cool.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/5sosuktour2014_%28cropped%29.jpg

It's pretty decent. Better than the styles I posted. It would be better if they weren't wearing skinny jeans, however.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/15/16 at 8:01 pm

I think (and hope) smartphones are gonna look very different in 2019. If we still even use smartphones at all. I'm hoping they will have flexible and foldable displays. Also, I hope they will be able to convert into tablets or desktop computers. We're already getting this with the HP smartphone.

Written By: whistledog on 04/15/16 at 8:11 pm

What will 2019 pop culture be like?

Your mom in the sack

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/15/16 at 8:27 pm

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/zombies_zpshggabcix.gif

Written By: Toon on 04/15/16 at 8:51 pm

Welp! Looks like 2019 is going to be a sh**ty year. I'll blame Trump for all this.

Written By: Toon on 04/15/16 at 9:09 pm

I agree. The styles I posted above will age horribly.

It's pretty decent. Better than the styles I posted. It would be better if they weren't wearing skinny jeans, however.

Yeah, I also figured that the 2010's fashion styles won't very well. Kind of wondering how they even got in style/popular among people. As for that Skater Fashion I think it's pretty cool, but I don't wear the skinny jeans as I don't like skinny jeans. I just wear normal jeans.

I think (and hope) smartphones are gonna look very different in 2019. If we still even use smartphones at all. I'm hoping they will have flexible and foldable displays. Also, I hope they will be able to convert into tablets or desktop computers. We're already getting this with the HP smartphone.

I assumed that we'd have the flexible smartphones AND the transparent smartphones by 2019 or in the 2020s.
OIu1_zoLRgEpF73DsR5jMY

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 04/15/16 at 9:14 pm

Nobody knows anything about the future though. I too seriously doubt it, but anything can happen in the future.

People in the year 2031 will probably look back on the early 2020s and call them "the residual 2010s". That is a guarantee.  ;D

Written By: cool123 on 04/15/16 at 9:26 pm

Yeah, I also figured that the 2010's fashion styles won't very well. Kind of wondering how they even got in style/popular among people. As for that Skater Fashion I think it's pretty cool, but I don't wear the skinny jeans as I don't like skinny jeans. I just wear normal jeans.

The skaters where I live like wearing boot cut jeans instead of skinny jeans.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/15/16 at 10:25 pm

This is a bastardization of real skater fashion... 8-P

Written By: 80sfan on 04/15/16 at 11:54 pm

So we're all gonna be diseased from the Black Plague?

Written By: Toon on 04/16/16 at 12:13 am

This is a bastardization of real skater fashion... 8-P

It ain't as good as the real Xtreme! skater fashion, but when it comes to 10's fashion it's the best to me.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ntTuVeFEhIQ/T-N5EDj4xUI/AAAAAAAAADU/URHUUmxAPIE/s1600/2003+(this+one).jpg
The early 00's Mcfly skater look.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/16/16 at 12:58 am

It ain't as good as the real Xtreme! skater fashion, but when it comes to 10's fashion it's the best to me.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ntTuVeFEhIQ/T-N5EDj4xUI/AAAAAAAAADU/URHUUmxAPIE/s1600/2003+(this+one).jpg

Haha, holy sh!t, I forgot McFly ever existed. I don't like the band but man was that style ever cool. Even 2003 was still all about the 1998 skate styles before it got really bland and lame. Look at the guy's shorts, too! Dickies!! Man, that rules...

Avril and her original band had the look down too:

http://static.tvgcdn.net/mediabin/galleries/celebrities/a_f/aq_az/avril_lavigne/1/avril_lavigne03.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1b/bd/8f/1bbd8f58bd839523ac6f3f91b02a258e.jpg

That one guy's even got white boy dreads. Those were huge at the time!

Simple Plan and Sum 41, of course, did the style correctly as well:

http://i.skyrock.net/5388/41945388/pics/3017863485_1_3_VMNY2xVT.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Aaq7yXXgDBY/TWTY0TLwPnI/AAAAAAAAAAk/dleJrB_Uc4A/s1600/Sum41.jpg

Sw1tched, KoRn and Papa roach are perfect examples of how Nu Metal kids dressed:

http://www.deftonesworld.com/pics/shirts/sw1tched.jpg

http://static.tvgcdn.net/mediabin/galleries/celebrities/m_r/pa_pat/papa_roach/1/papa-roach4.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/db481aeb1923798247554c5b3bea6db1/tumblr_nfu006ab0k1qgl9l6o1_500.jpg

Even Post-Hardcore bands like Finch had the look:

http://www.stereoboard.com/images/stories/new/finch_eb_221012.jpg

Funny how back then an "Emo" (Finch isn't really Emo but some people might say they are so I put quotes) or Post-Hardcore band could look exactly like a Nu Metal skate band.

It seemed like every second kid dressed like this even if they weren't into the music or skateboarding. It was just the in thing. Man, skaterboarding, Pop Punk and Nu Metal culture/fashion was probably one of the hugest trends back then.

Written By: Toon on 04/16/16 at 1:19 am

I'm curious on what music will sound like in 2019. What new trends or genres will pop up. I'm also hoping that the late '10s will be upbeat.

Written By: Howard on 04/16/16 at 7:33 am

I'd love to see that.

Written By: Howard on 04/16/16 at 7:35 am

People in the year 2031 will probably look back on the early 2020s and call them "the residual 2010s". That is a guarantee.  ;D

That's 20 years from now.

Written By: Howard on 04/16/16 at 7:36 am

I'm curious on what music will sound like in 2019. What new trends or genres will pop up. I'm also hoping that the late '10s will be upbeat.

I'm not sure but I'm sure I'll hate it.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/16/16 at 9:15 pm

At my middle school ca. 2000, your only choices were either to dress like this or wear A&F.  I was going to post a picture of the Abercrombie look but its so hard to find a photo of the models where they are actually wearing clothes.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/16/16 at 10:01 pm

Given the age I will be in 2019, I will be too old to care!

How does it feel to be in your 60s?! :o

Written By: 2001 on 04/19/16 at 8:00 am

2019 will be very different. There's a lot of new technologies on the horizon and most are slated for 2018-2020 releases.

Written By: 2001 on 04/19/16 at 8:16 am

The skaters where I live like wearing boot cut jeans instead of skinny jeans.

Boot cut jeans are more popular than skinny jeans at my campus, and it still looks ugly as f*ck. I can't believe I was obsessed with boot cuts in the mid/late 2000s. I wanted to look like Numbuh 4 on Codename Kids Next Door and all my old pictures are just ugly.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/kndroleplay/images/1/15/Numbuh-4-numbuh-4-of-the-knd-16355376-302-284.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120313182241

Written By: musicguy93 on 04/19/16 at 12:03 pm

Boot cut jeans are more popular than skinny jeans at my campus, and it still looks ugly as f*ck. I can't believe I was obsessed with boot cuts in the mid/late 2000s. I wanted to look like Numbuh 4 on Codename Kids Next Door and all my old pictures are just ugly.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/kndroleplay/images/1/15/Numbuh-4-numbuh-4-of-the-knd-16355376-302-284.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120313182241

No way. Can I switch places with you? Where I'm from, people are still totally into skinny jeans and hipster fashion. Which isn't too surprising since I literally live a few blocks away from Apple's headquarters, much to my dismay (Silicon Valley is nice scenery wise, but it's a very, very trendy town). So I guess it makes sense that mid 2010s styles are still going strong here.

Written By: 2001 on 04/19/16 at 12:23 pm

No way. Can I switch places with you? Where I'm from, people are still totally into skinny jeans and hipster fashion. Which isn't too surprising since I literally live a few blocks away from Apple's headquarters, much to my dismay (Silicon Valley is nice scenery wise, but it's a very, very trendy town). So I guess it makes sense that mid 2010s styles are still going strong here.

It looks awful dude. Everyone's jeans are bootcuts but their hair is still mid 2010s with the manbuns and slick/oily-looking pompadours and the buzzcuts, and of course beards. Only now their jeans look like Walmart instead of True Religion.  :\'(

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 12:25 pm

It looks awful dude. Everyone's jeans are bootcuts but their hair is still mid 2010s with the manbuns and slick/oily-looking pompadours and the buzzcuts, and of course beards. Only now their jeans look like Walmart instead of True Religion.  :\'(

Boot cuts are truer to 90's nostalgia than skinny jeans. It's like 1997 all over again! ;)

Written By: musicguy93 on 04/19/16 at 12:35 pm

Bootcut jeans with hipster fashion? How does that work?  ???

Written By: 2001 on 04/19/16 at 1:59 pm

Bootcut jeans with hipster fashion? How does that work?  ???

Boot cut jeans, leather jacket, pomade overload on the side swept hair (looks way too shiny), thick rimmed glasses. I saw about 3 or 4 people who looked like that the other day. Either that, or they're wearing a hat with long hair, some floral or plaid shirt and boot cut jeans.

Either way, it looks bland. I want to go back to 2011-12 when matching colours was still a thing. Does black go well with grey?? NO you fools  >:( Black goes well with orange or light turquoise! Only early 10s kids know.

Written By: Howard on 04/19/16 at 3:41 pm

2019 will be very different. There's a lot of new technologies on the horizon and most are slated for 2018-2020 releases.

I'm looking forward to it.

Written By: cool123 on 04/19/16 at 5:34 pm

Boot cut jeans, leather jacket, pomade overload on the side swept hair (looks way too shiny), thick rimmed glasses. I saw about 3 or 4 people who looked like that the other day. Either that, or they're wearing a hat with long hair, some floral or plaid shirt and boot cut jeans.

Either way, it looks bland. I want to go back to 2011-12 when matching colours was still a thing. Does black go well with grey?? NO you fools  >:( Black goes well with orange or light turquoise! Only early 10s kids know.

I think you meant "only early 10s teens know." Early 10s kids were born from 2003-2006.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 5:39 pm

It sounds like the Emo revival is really getting is hold on college kids. Make sure you buy your jeans from the Gap... Oh! And pop out those lenses! Don't forget to buy your sweater vest at the thrift store and make sure it's too small to look like you don't care. Leather jacket? Nah, you need a beat up indie rock jean jacket. Also, don't wash or cut your hair since it shows you don't care about nothing. Man, what would you do without me? ;) You'll be so fashion forward in no time!

Written By: cool123 on 04/19/16 at 5:41 pm

It sounds like the Emo revival is really getting is hold on college kids. Make sure you buy your jeans from the Gap... Oh! And pop out those lenses! Don't forget to buy your sweater vest at the thrift store and make sure it's too small to look like you don't care. Leather jacket? Nah, you need a beat up indie rock jean jacket. Also, don't wash or cut your hair since it shows you don't care about nothing. Man, what would you do without me? ;) You'll be so fashion forward in no time!

Dumb old man thinking there will ever be a emo revival.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 5:43 pm

Dumb old man thinking there will ever be a emo revival.

There already is an Emo revival, you little Fetus.

Written By: cool123 on 04/19/16 at 5:45 pm

There already is an Emo revival, you little Fetus.

A sh*tty emo revival you old sack of sh*t.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 5:46 pm

A sh*tty emo revival you old sack of sh*t.

Yeah, I agree it's sh!tty but you're being an awfully rude fetus today. How are you even typing from the womb??

Written By: cool123 on 04/19/16 at 5:47 pm

Yeah, I agree it's sh!tty but you're being an awfully rude fetus today. How are you even typing from the womb??

Was that the best insult you could fester from your fading mind you stupid old man.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 5:49 pm

Was that the best insult you could fester from your fading mind you stupid old man.

No, but I know the children of today are really sensitive so I hold back to not bruise your fragile self-esteem.

Written By: cool123 on 04/19/16 at 5:51 pm

No, but I know the children of today are really sensitive so I hold back to not bruise your fragile self-esteem.

This is you holding back huh. Lay on me old man don't be such a p*ssy.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 5:52 pm

This is you holding back huh. Lay on me old man don't be such a p*ssy.

How am I a "pussy"? I'm not of your generation. ;)

Written By: cool123 on 04/19/16 at 5:54 pm

How am I a "pussy"? I'm not of your generation. ;)

Epic burn bruh. Try puting a little more effort into that insult next time.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 5:55 pm

Epic burn bruh. Try puting a little more effort into that insult next time.

It would be a burden on my conscience if I were to hurt the fragile self-esteem of today's youth.

Written By: cool123 on 04/19/16 at 5:57 pm

It would be a burden on my conscience if I were to hurt the fragile self-esteem of today's youth.

Ok bruh sure it would. I just think your too much of wuss.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 6:00 pm

Ok bruh sure it would. I just think your too much of wuss.

I hope you got an adult's permission before going on the computer. It sure would be a shame if your mommy found you posting rude things on the net. ::)

Written By: cool123 on 04/19/16 at 6:03 pm

I hope you got an adult's permission before going on the computer. It sure would be a shame if your mommy found you posting rude things on the net. ::)

Sure dude a teen needs permission to use the Internet.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 6:14 pm

Sure dude a teen needs permission to use the Internet.

You're a shining example of why. ;)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 6:20 pm

And you're a great example of why old men shouldn't be running there mouths on the Internet. F*cking re*ard

Aww, did I hurt you wittle feewings? It's so sad to see such a fragile butterflies self-esteem get bruised by hurting words... :\'(

Written By: cool123 on 04/19/16 at 6:21 pm

Aww, did I hurt you wittle feewings? It's so sad to see such a fragile butterflies self-esteem get bruised by hurting words... :\'(

My heart is so f*cking heart right now. I'm going to go listen to BVB and cut myself.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 6:22 pm

My heart is so f*cking heart right now. I'm going to go listen to BVB and cut myself.

Wuss.

Written By: cool123 on 04/19/16 at 6:23 pm

Wuss.

Cracker

Written By: 2001 on 04/19/16 at 6:25 pm

I think you meant "only early 10s teens know." Early 10s kids were born from 2003-2006.

Early 10s kids are born 1990-1993 breh. People who were in university in 2011-12. :P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 6:27 pm

Cracker

Woah, woah, woah! Come on, man, that type of language is just not allowed! >:(

Early 10s kids are born 1990-1993 breh. People who were in university in 2011-12. :P

He's too young to even remember the early 10's. ::)

Written By: cool123 on 04/19/16 at 6:28 pm

Woah, woah, woah! Come on, man, that type of language is just not allowed! >:(

He's too young to even remember the early 10's. ::)

a. I was a in the early 10s b. fudge you dumb cracker.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 6:30 pm

You were too busy blowing spit bubbles at mommy to even remember the early 10's...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/O-GjBFbKkhU/maxresdefault.jpg

::)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/19/16 at 6:30 pm

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/155/834/plz-stop-post.jpg

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 6:40 pm

Ok f*g.

Oh wow, I'm so upset by your mean words... ::)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/16 at 6:45 pm

How about you go back to your ugly ass wife Jordan.

At least I have a wife. ;) Maybe if you showered and cleaned up your language you'd find a woman, too. But I guess it's hard being a fetus, especially one that's, you know, genetically disadvantaged (three arms ain't normal!). ;)

Maybe some good ol' early 00's music will help you during these hard times:

_GOR5gvQwDI

Written By: Howard on 04/20/16 at 8:00 am

;D

Written By: Howard on 04/20/16 at 8:01 am

And you're a great example of why old men shouldn't be running there mouths on the Internet. F*cking re*ard

could you please stop it!

Written By: Howard on 04/20/16 at 8:01 am

Cracker

Ritz

Written By: snozberries on 04/20/16 at 10:10 am

Please stop replying to Cool123

I have seen the racist posts and romped what I could find and I have reported this person the ChuckyG

No more exchanges you're just feeding the troll.

Written By: snozberries on 04/20/16 at 10:11 am

I know I am.

Howard i removed the original post I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner.

I've reported this jerk for his behavior on the boards

Written By: snozberries on 04/20/16 at 10:12 am

Locking this thread

Check for new replies or respond here...