inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The new Spider-Man film will be called Spider-Man: Homecoming

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/13/16 at 10:25 am

The new Spider-Man film will be called Spider-Man: Homecoming, it has been confirmed. Sony Pictures chairman Tom Rothman revealed the title at CinemaCon in Las Vegas on Tuesday evening. He said it was designed to reference its high-school-aged star, but also to show that "Peter is trying to find his way home." The film, which will star British actor Tom Holland as Spider-Man, is due to be released in July 2017. He is the third actor to take on the role, following in the footsteps of fellow Brit Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire.

Subject: Re: The new Spider-Man film will be called Spider-Man: Homecoming

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/13/16 at 1:01 pm

A pretty fitting title, since Spider-man is back where he belongs in the REAL marvel movie universe! ::) ;D ;) Now... if only Fox could give the rights of Fantastic 4 and X-MEN back to Marvel! >:( :(

Written By: mqg96 on 04/13/16 at 1:07 pm

A pretty fitting title, since Spider-man is back where he belongs in the REAL marvel movie universe! ::) ;D ;) Now... if only Fox could give the rights of Fantastic 4 and X-MEN back to Marvel! >:( :(

Disney has been owning Marvel since 2009, so I don't know if that's gonna happen. When did Disney buy rights to FOX and Saban Entertainment? Wasn't it 2001 or 2002? I'm not sure. But if it's the Marvel Cinematic Universe doing any Spider-Man or Fantastic Four movie then I don't mind. Phase 3 of the MCU begins next month with Captain America: Civil War!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/13/16 at 1:13 pm

Dammit, that's a stupid name! I'm not enthused about this at all. They should stop trying as they'll never beat the original Spider-Man...

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/spiderman-films/images/a/a7/Spider-Man_Poster_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130416061601

The greatest super hero movie ever created!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/13/16 at 1:15 pm

Dammit, that's a stupid name! I'm not enthused about this at all. They should stop trying as they'll never beat the original Spider-Man...

It's a nostalgic film, but it's not the greatest superhero movie ever! ;D  Not by a LONG SHOT! It's sequel Spider-man 2, X- MEN 2, X-MEN Days of Future Past, Captain America 2, The Avengers, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, are all MUCH better

Written By: mqg96 on 04/13/16 at 1:18 pm

It's a nostalgic film, but it's not the greatest superhero movie ever! ;D  Not by a LONG SHOT! It's sequel Spider-man 2, X- MEN 2, X-MEN Days of Future Past, Captain America 2, The Avengers, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, are all MUCH better

The Marvel Cinematic Universe as a whole beats all of the previous Marvel movies from the 2000's decade and earlier. The Dark Knight and Batman Begins were awesome! I still haven't seen Batman v. Superman yet but I need to see Man of Steel first. I'm looking forward to Suicide Squad, and Captain America: Civil War is almost here I can't wait!  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/13/16 at 1:29 pm

I am now finding that these superhero movies too much of the same. I will only be watching them on television from here on.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/13/16 at 1:30 pm

Nah, Spider Man's better than all of those. It's probably one of the greatest films of the century.

I am now finding that these superhero movies too much of the same. I will only be watching them on television from here on.

I'm with you, Philip!

Written By: #Infinity on 04/13/16 at 2:28 pm

Disney has been owning Marvel since 2009, so I don't know if that's gonna happen. When did Disney buy rights to FOX and Saban Entertainment? Wasn't it 2001 or 2002? I'm not sure. But if it's the Marvel Cinematic Universe doing any Spider-Man or Fantastic Four movie then I don't mind. Phase 3 of the MCU begins next month with Captain America: Civil War!

Technically, Deadpool is Phase 3 as well, I guess it's just that Captain America: Civil War is when stuff is about to get real.

Written By: Howard on 04/13/16 at 3:00 pm

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/spiderman-films/images/a/a7/Spider-Man_Poster_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130416061601

He even was on The Electric Company 40 years ago.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IfzMfjp5jEE/Ue_mx6iajgI/AAAAAAAAeX0/H9y4vZStFZs/s1600/SPIDER-MAN-THE-ELECTRIC-COMPANY.jpg

Written By: mqg96 on 04/13/16 at 3:28 pm

Technically, Deadpool is Phase 3 as well, I guess it's just that Captain America: Civil War is when stuff is about to get real.

LOL, actually, while Deadpool is a Marvel movie, it's not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. FOX had to do it because Disney doesn't do rated R movies. It's actually part of the X-Men film series (even though it's not an X-Men movie) which 20th century Fox does.

http://xmenmovies.wikia.com/wiki/X-Men_film_series

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_Wiki

Written By: Toon on 04/13/16 at 3:35 pm

Phase 1 is from 2008-2012
- Iron Man (2008)
- Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Thor (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Avengers  (2012)

Phase 2 is from 2013-2015
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Thor: the Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Avengers: Age of  Ultron (2015)
- Ant Man (2015)

Phase 3 is 2016-2019
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ( 2017)
- Spiderman: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War part 1 (2018)
- Ant Man and the Wasp (2018)
- Captain Marvel (2019)
- Avengers: Infinity War part 2 (2019)
- Inhumans (2019)

Phase 3 sounds like it'll be awesome.

There are also TV shows, short films, and comics that take place in this universe.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/13/16 at 3:39 pm

He even was on The Electric Company 40 years ago.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IfzMfjp5jEE/Ue_mx6iajgI/AAAAAAAAeX0/H9y4vZStFZs/s1600/SPIDER-MAN-THE-ELECTRIC-COMPANY.jpg

Spider-Man is such a great hero that he even dedicates some time to Electric Company commercials. You know that if Spider-Man endorses it, then it's probably good.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/13/16 at 3:40 pm

There are also TV shows, short films, and comics that take place in this universe.

I've always said it for many years, but for movies, it's Marvel. For TV shows, it's DC.

This has always been the case for a couple of decades now and it still is right now.

Written By: Howard on 04/14/16 at 2:51 pm

http://mrbreakfast.com/breakfast/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/b-sp-02.jpg
There's also the breakfast cereal.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/14/16 at 4:27 pm

http://mrbreakfast.com/breakfast/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/b-sp-02.jpg
There's also the breakfast cereal.

This was the best. Nothing beats the original Spider-Man movie and it's era. Super hero movies peaked with Spider-Man and have never been able to replicate the greatness of that movie and it's incredible Sum 41 Rap Rock soundtrack. I don't think we will ever again see another super hero movie of such greatness. Ever.

Check for new replies or respond here...