inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jungle Book takes big bite out of US box office

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/18/16 at 7:04 am

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/17553/production/_89117559_p03q36l2.jpg
The film is a mixture of live action and animation

Disney's new version of The Jungle Book has taken a big bite out of the US box office, topping it with $103.6m (£73.1m) in its opening weekend.

Its debut was the second biggest April opening in history, behind only Furious 7's $147.2m (£104m) launch in 2015.

According to the studio, Jon Favreau's film also made an estimated $136.1m (£96m) outside the US and Canada.

Comedy sequel Barbershop: The Next Cut came a distant second, with opening weekend takings of $20.2m (£14.2m).

Disney has achieved success of late with transforming its classic cartoons into live-action remakes, including Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty makeover Maleficent.

Subject: Re: Jungle Book takes big bite out of US box office

Written By: Toon on 04/18/16 at 12:40 pm

Love the fact that Disney has been having tons of success during this decade.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/18/16 at 12:49 pm

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/17553/production/_89117559_p03q36l2.jpg
The film is a mixture of live action and animation

Disney's new version of The Jungle Book has taken a big bite out of the US box office, topping it with $103.6m (£73.1m) in its opening weekend.

Its debut was the second biggest April opening in history, behind only Furious 7's $147.2m (£104m) launch in 2015.

According to the studio, Jon Favreau's film also made an estimated $136.1m (£96m) outside the US and Canada.

Comedy sequel Barbershop: The Next Cut came a distant second, with opening weekend takings of $20.2m (£14.2m).

Disney has achieved success of late with transforming its classic cartoons into live-action remakes, including Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty makeover Maleficent.
I feel that the younger children will fine some the CGI of the animals scary.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/18/16 at 1:10 pm

I have a good feeling about the movie.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/18/16 at 1:12 pm

I feel that the younger children will fine some the CGI of the animals scary.

I have a good feeling about the movie.
It will still do very well!

Written By: 2001 on 04/18/16 at 3:42 pm

I will be watching this Tuesday or on Friday! :D One of my favourite childhood movies.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/16 at 8:19 am

I will be watching this Tuesday or on Friday! :D One of my favourite childhood movies.
I may seen eventually as I like Jon Favreau.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/19/16 at 9:47 am

I don't like the original Jungle Book, so it's obvious that I'm not interested.

Written By: 2001 on 04/19/16 at 8:47 pm

Watched it! I loved it! Its exactly as it's advertised, a CGI/realistic remake of the 1967 original. The fact that it was practically a carbon copy in terms of dialogue hurt it in some places though. The musicals felt forced and out-of-nowhere, while in the original animation they felt natural.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/19/16 at 9:30 pm

The acting and writing looks really good!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/20/16 at 3:57 am

Watched it! I loved it! Its exactly as it's advertised, a CGI/realistic remake of the 1967 original. The fact that it was practically a carbon copy in terms of dialogue hurt it in some places though. The musicals felt forced and out-of-nowhere, while in the original animation they felt natural.
The songs still OK?

Written By: 2001 on 04/20/16 at 8:06 am

The songs still OK?

Yep. Still catchy as ever O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/20/16 at 8:11 am

Yep. Still catchy as ever O0
I am looking forward to it now,

Check for new replies or respond here...