inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Janet Jackson Pregnant!

Written By: Ripley on 05/04/16 at 5:59 pm

Pop star Janet Jackson is pregnant with her first child!

http://m.eonline.com/news/762283/janet-jackson-is-pregnant-with-her-first-child

Subject: Re: Janet Jackson Pregnant!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/04/16 at 6:15 pm

She's going to turn 50 in two weeks, and she already had her first child? Damn, I know that my mom was 36 when she had me, but being almost 50 is WAY too late for becoming a parent. Just saying.

Written By: TheKid99 on 05/04/16 at 9:39 pm

Better late than ever! :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/16 at 1:48 am

Janet Jackson delays tour again to 'plan family'

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=53479.0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/05/16 at 11:45 am

Being 50 is not too old to be a parent. However, going through childbirth at that age creates problems. Most women at 50 have entered either perimenopause or straight out menopause. When women become pregnant at that late stage in their childbearing years, there is a great chance that the baby could be born with down syndrome and other physical problems for both mother & baby.

Women at that age chose In vitro fertilization (IVF). They use a donor egg or even an egg that she "saved" when she was younger. In those cases, the chance of having a baby with down syndrome lessens. But there still could be issues.

Cat 

Written By: mqg96 on 05/05/16 at 12:38 pm

Being 50 is not too old to be a parent. However, going through childbirth at that age creates problems. Most women at 50 have entered either perimenopause or straight out menopause. When women become pregnant at that late stage in their childbearing years, there is a great chance that the baby could be born with down syndrome and other physical problems for both mother & baby.

Women at that age chose In vitro fertilization (IVF). They use a donor egg or even an egg that she "saved" when she was younger. In those cases, the chance of having a baby with down syndrome lessens. But there still could be issues.

Cat

This is exactly what I thought as well.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/05/16 at 1:44 pm

Cat

Yeah, those are the reasons why it might be a problem for a 50 year old woman to have a baby sexually. If the baby was adopted, then I'm okay with that.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/16 at 3:02 pm

Pop star Janet Jackson is pregnant with her first child!

http://m.eonline.com/news/762283/janet-jackson-is-pregnant-with-her-first-child

I wish her all the best and god bless her. :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/16 at 8:12 pm

She's going to turn 50 in two weeks, and she already had her first child? Damn, I know that my mom was 36 when she had me, but being almost 50 is WAY too late for becoming a parent. Just saying.

My Dad was 50 when I was born. As was his Dad before him.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/05/16 at 8:32 pm

It's not too old, but it does get harder as you get older.  :P

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/06/16 at 5:51 am

Ok.

Written By: Howard on 05/06/16 at 7:43 am

It's not too old, but it does get harder as you get older.  :P

imagine what will happen when she reaches her 70's. :o

Written By: 80sfan on 05/06/16 at 7:48 am

She'll still be in control.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/16 at 8:22 am

She'll still be in control.  8)
Putting pregnancy to one side, Tina Turner is still well for herself, and she is in that age bracket.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/06/16 at 9:54 am

Her baby would be 20 years old at the time. My dad would be 61 at the time I'll turn 20. That's almost a decade younger.

Written By: TheKid99 on 05/06/16 at 10:17 am

My parents had me and my brothers very very young. My mom just turned 30 when she had me and my twin brother. My mom was 26 when she had my oldest sibling in '96, 27 when she had Jake in '97 and 30 for us in '99. My Mother will be just 48 years old when my twin and I move out to college!

Written By: 80sfan on 05/06/16 at 10:43 am

Putting pregnancy to one side, Tina Turner is still well for herself, and she is in that age bracket.

I was shocked to learn that she was in her 40's in the 1980's, when What's Love.... came out. She aged very well. And she still looked great in her 50's too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/16 at 12:56 pm

But your dad didn't give birth to you. I don't have an issue with the age of parents. People in their 80s can be good parents. That isn't the issue. The issue is the age of the birth mother. With the help of modern science, older women are having babies and while some don't have complications, others do. That is just a fact of life that should be taken into consideration when a woman reaches perimenopause or menopause age.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/06/16 at 1:46 pm

Her baby would be 20 years old at the time. My dad would be 61 at the time I'll turn 20. That's almost a decade younger.

https://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/janet_jackson_3.jpg
and when she reaches her 70's, she'll still look good.

Written By: Howard on 05/06/16 at 1:46 pm

My parents had me and my brothers very very young. My mom just turned 30 when she had me and my twin brother. My mom was 26 when she had my oldest sibling in '96, 27 when she had Jake in '97 and 30 for us in '99. My Mother will be just 48 years old when my twin and I move out to college!

My Mother had me when she was in her 20's.

Written By: Howard on 05/06/16 at 1:47 pm

I was shocked to learn that she was in her 40's in the 1980's, when What's Love.... came out. She aged very well. And she still looked great in her 50's too.

She still looks good.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/06/16 at 5:51 pm

If the baby was adopted, then I'm okay with that.

::)

She's 49 now, will be 50 in 10 days. She was 23 in the last year of the 80s, not "in her 40s".

Written By: 2001 on 05/06/16 at 6:23 pm

::)

She's 49 now, will be 50 in 10 days. She was 23 in the last year of the 80s, not "in her 40s".

Millennium is talking about Tina Turner.

Written By: Ripley on 05/08/16 at 6:09 pm

My mom was 18 when she became pregnant with me and 19 when she had me. She was 23 when she had my sister.

Written By: Howard on 05/09/16 at 3:31 pm

My mom was 18 when she became pregnant with me and 19 when she had me. She was 23 when she had my sister.

My Mother was in her 20's when she had me in 1974.

Check for new replies or respond here...