inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Captain America rules at box office

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/16 at 8:59 am

Captain America: Civil War kept the superhero bandwagon rolling by having the fifth-highest opening of all time at the North American box office.

The 13th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe grossed a mighty $181.8m this weekend.

That's nearly double the opening of the previous Captain America film, The Winter Soldier, which opened with $95m in April 2014.

Civil War focuses on a showdown between Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr) and Captain America (Chris Evans).

Subject: Re: Captain America rules at box office

Written By: 2001 on 05/09/16 at 4:29 pm

Will most likely will be watching it tomorrow!  :D Unless the seats are full, my friends really want to go to the crowded theatre on a Tuesday, I'm not optimistic for our chances  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 05/14/16 at 12:45 am

Just came back from the theatres a while ago  :D Admittedly, the first half was very boring, but once the "civil war" portion started, it got REALLY fun.

7/10 (or 4/10 for first half and 9/10 for second half).

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/14/16 at 7:59 am

I saw it last week and I enjoyed it. However, I feel like the movies in recent years (this decade) has become oversaturated with Marvel Comics movies. They start to all look and feel the same after awhile.

Written By: 2001 on 05/14/16 at 1:43 pm

I saw it last week and I enjoyed it. However, I feel like the movies in recent years (this decade) has become oversaturated with Marvel Comics movies. They start to all look and feel the same after awhile.

Yeah I need to take a break from all these Superhero movies too. (until I fall for the hype again)

Written By: mqg96 on 05/14/16 at 2:17 pm

Yeah I need to take a break from all these Superhero movies too. (until I fall for the hype again)

I don't care. I love the golden age of comic book TV shows and movies from DC and Marvel we are in as we speak. By this upcoming Fall, the CW will have 4 DC shows to watch 4 days a week, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe & the X-Men (film series) will continue to give us great story arcs and battles. I can't wait for Spider-Man Homecoming, Black Panther, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and hopefully, The Flash, Arrow, Gotham, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow will continue to give us great episodes next season.

Written By: 2001 on 05/14/16 at 3:39 pm

I don't care. I love the golden age of comic book TV shows and movies from DC and Marvel we are in as we speak. By this upcoming Fall, the CW will have 4 DC shows to watch 4 days a week, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe & the X-Men (film series) will continue to give us great story arcs and battles. I can't wait for Spider-Man Homecoming, Black Panther, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and hopefully, The Flash, Arrow, Gotham, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow will continue to give us great episodes next season.

I'm so excited for Black Panther  :D that one I'll definitely see.

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/19/16 at 11:22 pm

I love it too. Some of my more film snobby friends are hating the superhero era. I could understand if there weren't other kinds of movies being made.

Anyway, I liked Captain America but the ending was kinda flat, especially after the airport scene.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/19/16 at 11:45 pm

I love it too. Some of my more film snobby friends are hating the superhero era. I could understand if there weren't other kinds of movies being made.

Anyway, I liked Captain America but the ending was kinda flat, especially after the airport scene.

Hi, BornIn86!  :)

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/21/16 at 3:45 pm

Hi, BornIn86!  :)

Hi, Millenium Mansion!  :P

Written By: 2001 on 05/21/16 at 3:58 pm

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love Superhero movies, I've yet to watch a bad one. It's just that fatigue is slowly starting to set in for me. There's so many to watch!

Check for new replies or respond here...