inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lady Gaga to play Cilla Black in Dionne biopic

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/13/16 at 5:31 am

Dionne Warwick wafted into Cannes this morning to announce a film is to be made about her life.

LeToya Luckett, an original member of Destiny's Child, will play the singer in the biopic - in which Lady Gaga will also appear as Cilla Black.

Warwick and Black had quite the rivalry back in the day, particularly when Cilla's version of Anyone Who Had a Heart eclipsed Dionne's original.

Asked on Friday why she regarded Black as her nemesis, Warwick said it was "because she stole my music".

Danny Glover will play Dionne Warwick's father in the film.

Subject: Re: Lady Gaga to play Cilla Black in Dionne biopic

Written By: gibbo on 05/15/16 at 3:15 am

Dionne Warwick wafted into Cannes this morning to announce a film is to be made about her life.

LeToya Luckett, an original member of Destiny's Child, will play the singer in the biopic - in which Lady Gaga will also appear as Cilla Black.

Warwick and Black had quite the rivalry back in the day, particularly when Cilla's version of Anyone Who Had a Heart eclipsed Dionne's original.

Asked on Friday why she regarded Black as her nemesis, Warwick said it was "because she stole my music".

Danny Glover will play Dionne Warwick's father in the film.

While I loved Dionne's interpretations of Bacharach/ David songs ... I preferred Cilla's versions of Anyone Who Had A Heart  and Alfie.

Check for new replies or respond here...