inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: All bets are suspended on Tom Hiddleston becoming the next 007

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/16 at 6:40 am

A bookmaker has suspended betting on who will be named the next James Bond after a large bet was placed on Tom Hiddleston. A flurry of bets over the past day tipped the star of The Night Manager to replace Daniel Craig as the next 007, making him the 2-1 favourite. After a big gamble, his odds plummeted to 1-2 and Coral suspended betting. Earlier this week the British actor was reportedly spotted meeting with Bond movie director Sam Mendes. Nicola McGeady, a spokeswoman for Coral, said: "There is no smoke without fire, and following the big gamble on Tom Hiddleston in the last 24 hours, we've had no choice but to pull the plug on the market.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36294224/bets-suspended-on-tom-hiddleston-becoming-the-next-007

Subject: Re: All bets are suspended on Tom Hiddleston becoming the next 007

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/15/16 at 7:51 am

I thought the next 007 was supposed to be a black dude.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/16 at 8:06 am

For me, Idris Elba does not fit the role of James Bond, he does not has a Scottish accent.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/15/16 at 10:09 am

I'm not trying to be racist over here, but I think every James Bond actor should be white. I'm saying this because every James Bond actor is a white man, and if you basically have him as an African, Asian, or Hispanic, then you're gonna get confused on the entire James Bond franchise.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/16 at 10:11 am

I'm not trying to be racist over here, but I think every James Bond actor should be white. I'm saying this because every James Bond actor is a white man, and if you basically have him as an African, Asian, or Hispanic, then you're gonna get confused on the entire James Bond franchise.
I take it as how the author Ian Fleming had created the character.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/15/16 at 10:32 am

I take it as how the author Ian Fleming had created the character.

Yeah. I can tell since the books were made in the 1950s, when a lot of white people were used in the media. There were barely any minorities in movies or etc at the time.

Check for new replies or respond here...