inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kindergarten Cop 2

Written By: bchris02 on 05/16/16 at 2:49 pm

It looks like "Home Alone: Taking Back the House" and "Jingle All The Way 2" have met their match.  Look for this on a "10 Worst Direct-to-DVD Sequels that Surprisingly Exist" list in a few years.

NkfKechADow

Subject: Re: Kindergarten Cop 2

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/16/16 at 3:00 pm

Never knew that movie would get a sh*tty direct-to-DVD sequel. I always thought no one cared about the first one.

Written By: bchris02 on 05/16/16 at 3:05 pm

Never knew that movie would get a sh*tty direct-to-DVD sequel. I always thought no one cared about the first one.

A lot of people who were children in the early '90s have fond memories of it and this is trying to capitalize on that nostalgia.  I am surprised these kind of movies are still being made considering the way entertainment is consumed today.  Back in the heydey of the direct-to-video sequel, they made most of their money tricking uninformed consumers into renting a low-budget B-list movie with a familiar title and logo while browsing the New Release section at Blockbuster.

Written By: Howard on 05/16/16 at 3:44 pm

SMH, why does Dolph have to do comedy?  ::)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/16/16 at 4:02 pm

A lot of people who were children in the early '90s have fond memories of it and this is trying to capitalize on that nostalgia.  I am surprised these kind of movies are still being made considering the way entertainment is consumed today.  Back in the heydey of the direct-to-video sequel, they made most of their money tricking uninformed consumers into renting a low-budget B-list movie with a familiar title and logo while browsing the New Release section at Blockbuster.

I don't think a lot of early 90s kids should watch this, since everything about it seems way too immature. Hell, I don't even think the people who watched this in the early 90s wanted a sequel. It's actually sad for them, because only five year olds would want to watch it. Besides, it's not even a cheesy direct-to-DVD sequel as Hunchback of Notre Dame 2, The Lion King 1 1/2, or Lilo & Stitch 2. It's just as bad as the Baby Geniuses sequels.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/16/16 at 4:03 pm

SMH, why does Dolph have to do comedy?  ::)

He probably did the role just so he could get a quick buck.

Check for new replies or respond here...