inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2016: A Terrible Year for World Events

Written By: #Infinity on 05/21/16 at 12:21 am

We're only about five and a half months into 2016, yet already, I feel I can say it's one of the worst years I've ever experienced in terms of news stories and other tidbits. Among them:

* The onslaught of anti-transgender legislation being passed through conservative legislatures and a Target boycott that never f'ing ends.

* As a result of the above, transphobia becoming a coherent movement for the first time, observable in everyday discussions.

* Donald Trump not only becoming the presumptive Republican nominee, but also outmatching Hillary Clinton in recent polls.
* What feels like a massacre of celebrities, especially music-related, including:
- David Bowie
- Alan Rickman
- Glen Frey
- Keith Emerson
- Rob Ford
- Chyna
- Prince
And many more, sadly.
* Nintendo stupidly announcing they won't reveal the NX at E3, in addition to Star Fox Zero flopping badly, making the company's eventual departure from the console race seem all the more likely.
* The Zika epidemic

Although 2016 has so far been a huge improvement over 2015 in my own personal life, albeit still far from perfect, I have never felt so depressed to look at the world outside as I am today. There's such a ravaging hate in society right now, with whatever innocence of the past quickly crumbling. Popular culture doesn't seem to be making solid progress either, with groundbreaking innovations still having yet to really take effect and unsavory mid-2010s cultural introductions having no end in sight. It really feels like the world is headed for disaster, and I really hope the late 2010s don't end up damaging what is already a very haphazard social arena.

Subject: Re: 2016: A Terrible Year for World Events

Written By: mqg96 on 05/21/16 at 12:26 am

Although 2016 has so far been a huge improvement over 2015 in my own personal life, albeit still far from perfect.

This is how I honestly feel about the year so far.

The celebrities deaths (including Prince) hasn't been good at all either.

Written By: bchris02 on 05/21/16 at 1:12 am

Although 2016 has so far been a huge improvement over 2015 in my own personal life, albeit still far from perfect, I have never felt so depressed to look at the world outside as I am today. There's such a ravaging hate in society right now, with whatever innocence of the past quickly crumbling. Popular culture doesn't seem to be making solid progress either, with groundbreaking innovations still having yet to really take effect and unsavory mid-2010s cultural introductions having no end in sight. It really feels like the world is headed for disaster, and I really hope the late 2010s don't end up damaging what is already a very haphazard social arena.

I was just listening to some old songs from 2010 and was thinking how though it wasn't that long ago, things were so much simpler then.  You didn't have the anger and the hate that you do today.  I mean, yeah, the polarization that led to SJW culture was under the surface then, but you didn't think about it and you didn't worry about it.  2015, except for the same-sex marriage decision, was one of the better years since 2012 in my personal life.  2016 started out strong but has taken a turn for the worse recently.

In terms of groundbreaking things in pop culture, for the most part we are still living off what the early '10s created.  I feel that 2016 will be the quintessential year in '10s culture when we look back on this decade.  Everything that has been building since 2009 is coming to a head.  I feel after Trump gets inaugurated next January, things will start to change culturally.  Honestly, I think the 2017-2020 era could be a lot like the Nixon era.

I really miss the 2009-2012 era. 

Written By: Slim95 on 05/21/16 at 1:45 am

I was just listening to some old songs from 2010 and was thinking how though it wasn't that long ago, things were so much simpler then.  You didn't have the anger and the hate that you do today.  I mean, yeah, the polarization that led to SJW culture was under the surface then, but you didn't think about it and you didn't worry about it.  2015, except for the same-sex marriage decision, was one of the better years since 2012 in my personal life.  2016 started out strong but has taken a turn for the worse recently.

In terms of groundbreaking things in pop culture, for the most part we are still living off what the early '10s created.  I feel that 2016 will be the quintessential year in '10s culture when we look back on this decade.  Everything that has been building since 2009 is coming to a head.  I feel after Trump gets inaugurated next January, things will start to change culturally.  Honestly, I think the 2017-2020 era could be a lot like the Nixon era.

I think 2013 will be the quintessential year at least so far. There is something about that year that screamed 2010s.

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/21/16 at 6:58 am

Every year has been terrible lately.

Written By: Howard on 05/21/16 at 7:23 am

This is how I honestly feel about the year so far.

The celebrities deaths (including Prince) hasn't been good at all either.

I feel the same way, it's been depressing. :(

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/21/16 at 7:37 am

We're only about five and a half months into 2016, yet already, I feel I can say it's one of the worst years I've ever experienced in terms of news stories and other tidbits. Among them:

* The onslaught of anti-transgender legislation being passed through conservative legislatures and a Target boycott that never f'ing ends.

* As a result of the above, transphobia becoming a coherent movement for the first time, observable in everyday discussions.

* Donald Trump not only becoming the presumptive Republican nominee, but also outmatching Hillary Clinton in recent polls.
* What feels like a massacre of celebrities, especially music-related, including:
- David Bowie
- Alan Rickman
- Glen Frey
- Keith Emerson
- Rob Ford
- Chyna
- Prince
And many more, sadly.
* Nintendo stupidly announcing they won't reveal the NX at E3, in addition to Star Fox Zero flopping badly, making the company's eventual departure from the console race seem all the more likely.
* The Zika epidemic

I feel the same way. To say that 2016 is the best year of the 2013-2016 era is very sad. It's better to say "least crappy" instead of "best". The Olympic years are normally good years in my personal life and the peak years of the culture that is defined in their respective eras, but 2016 does not compare with the others, even 2012 which wasn't that great either, but still better than 2013 and 14. 2016 has been a year of disappointments and let downs, including Jeb Bush not getting nominated and with Zelda for the Wii U being delayed yet again. I agree there is a lot of hate and anger out there, and pop-culture is not that much better. Rap or trap music sounds terrible, especially that one with the whiney voice (Fetty Wap). Rock music is almost non-existent, and pop sounds generic and stale. With movies, there is an absence of good quality comedies and way too many Marvel Comics (not that I don't enjoy those, but I feel like there's no balance). With video games, the Wii U lacks quality games and are nothing like the Nintendo 64, and even the Playstation 4 games do not give me the same feeling that the PS1 games gave me back in the late 90's. Maybe it's because I'm getting older (late 30's) and its natural for men my age to become less happy compared to when we were younger, but I think we live in a sad dystopian time, and I'm afraid its not going to get better.

I think the 8 years of Obama have ruined our country, and the culture of political correctness: Everything from the whole BLM movement and the Ferguson Effect, causing crime rates to surge in many U.S. cities and less arrests by the police who are now afraid to do their job. It is the same thing with ISIS. It is "politically incorrect" to kill Muslims so now ISIS is growing stronger. There also have been a lot of mass shootings lately. Then there is the issue with catering to the transgenders with the bathroom issue, and last year Caitlyn Jenner just HAD to be voted Woman of the Year just to show our political correctness. Then there is the whole SJW culture with everyone getting offended by everything, such as Confederate flags, American flags, Christmas and anything Jesus related, the lion that got killed by a dentist, etc. This is a great article that summerizes the state that our country is in:

http://newbostonpost.com/blogs/enjoy-your-transgender-bathrooms-we-just-lost-america/

I just wish we could have done better than Donald Trump (as I mentioned Jeb Bush). I just think he is still slightly better than Hilary Clinton (lesser of two evils, but still pretty evil).

I miss that era too, but even more I really miss the 1997-2000 era. I don't want to sound like a decadeologist here, but the reason I like to compare the present years to the years past is because of my desire to relive the years of my youth, even though I get disappointed when I come to realization that the years are almost nothing alike. I do get very happy at any little similarity by coincidence. The Obama era is really nothing like the Clinton era, even though they are both Democrats. That is why 2016 is nothing like the year 2000 no matter how much I want it to be. I may not be able to control the culture or politics (other than voting), but at least I can try to relive the past year in my personal life as much as possible.

Also not to sound like a decadeologist, but I think if Trump gets elected then the 2017-2020 could be like George W. Bush's first term (2001-2004), only darker which is a scary thought. It may be time for me to move back to Japan.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/21/16 at 9:13 am

Also, I totally disagree with 2016, or even 2013 being the best year of the 2013-2016 era so far. While 2013 was a pretty good year pop culturally (especially the later half of it), the early half was terrible for me and I had to quickly get adapted to the new trends that started coming in fast that year, which forced us to exit the 2009-2012 era. Now when it comes to the political/lifestyle/SJW culture I'd take 2013 and 2014 any day over 2015-present. However, personally for me 2014 has been the best year of the period so far, arguably the best year of the decade for my personal life too. I'm starting to miss late 2013 & 2014 so badly, and of course I even late 2010 through 2012 too. As much as I love college and all this freedom, the atmosphere could be much better though.

Written By: bchris02 on 05/21/16 at 10:17 am

I think 2013 will be the quintessential year at least so far. There is something about that year that screamed 2010s.

I think 2013 was the start of the core 2010s, but its too early to be the quintessential year.  More of a case can be made for 2014, since Guardians of the Galaxy came out that year and the side-buzz haircut was all the rage.  Even that though would be too early in my opinion because the SJW backlash had not come to its head yet (that happened in June 2015).  Everything in today's culture did get its start in 2013, but the "quintessential year" is the peak of a decade's culture, not when the trends began.

With three more years in the decade left to go after this one, its too early to start talking definitively what is the quintessential year, but my bets are on it being 2016.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/21/16 at 10:50 am

It's almost been six months since 2016 was around, and I have mixed feelings towards this year. At first, I thought this year was alright in February. Decent pop culture and personal life for me. But around May, it didn't felt happy. This decade in general is extremely overrated and has the most annoying pop culture in history. This still continues from what 2012-2015 had, since it's nothing new. Especially with Obama's presidency. What has he done aside from being the black Bill Clinton? Having Obamacare? Opposing the proliferation of guns? This man isn't even worth it anymore for US politics. Especially with this damn election being absolute sh*t, thanks to every presidential candidate being an idiot. I couldn't think but believing that the 2010s would live in infamy throughout my life.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/21/16 at 11:26 am

It reminds me of something that I experienced decades ago. I used to be a telephone operator when I was in the service. The system we were using was pretty archaic-the old cord board if anyone actually knows that that is. They were switching that system to a more automated one that the old cord board wasn't needed. I just happen to be working at the time that the new system went on line. The room next to the room where I was working was where all the innards of the system was located. When the switch was turned on, that room exploded in chaos. The old system was fighting with the new system and MAN was it loud! It sounded very violent. After a few minutes, the loudness quieted down as the new was taking over and then there was silence and the new system was on-line and the old system was dead. To me, that whole process seems like a good analogy of what is happening in the world today. 

I believe that we (as in Humanity) are at a crossroads. We have been for several years now. The world is changing and the there is a battle between the old and the new. There are many who are trying to hold on the old way of life-sometimes with violence. How long will this battle go on? I don't know. I wish I could say. But, I do believe-as with the telephone system, a new way of life will emerge that will be more quiet, and less violent.

BTW, I still have a rotary dial from that old cord board that I kept as a souvenir.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Slim95 on 05/21/16 at 12:04 pm

I think 2013 was the start of the core 2010s, but its too early to be the quintessential year.  More of a case can be made for 2014, since Guardians of the Galaxy came out that year and the side-buzz haircut was all the rage.  Even that though would be too early in my opinion because the SJW backlash had not come to its head yet (that happened in June 2015).  Everything in today's culture did get its start in 2013, but the "quintessential year" is the peak of a decade's culture, not when the trends began.

With three more years in the decade left to go after this one, its too early to start talking definitively what is the quintessential year, but my bets are on it being 2016.

Well I don't think SJW is 2010s culture. Just another movement. I think electro pop, bright coloured clothes and lady gaga are 2010s culture. So far 2013 had the most culture which is why I think it's the defining year. It's a mix of early 10s culture and mid 10s culture, which I see describing the 10s perfectly.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/21/16 at 12:05 pm

Well I don't think SJW is 2010s culture. Just another movement. I think electro pop, bright coloured clothes and lady gaga are 2010s culture. So far 2013 had the most culture.

I see Lady Gaga as a late 2000s/early 2010s icon, since she didn't do much after 2012.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/21/16 at 12:07 pm

I see Lady Gaga as a late 2000s/early 2010s icon, since she didn't do much after 2012.

She's early 2010s, but she's still 2010s.  ;)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/21/16 at 12:34 pm

She's early 2010s, but she's still 2010s.  ;)

But she didn't make an impact throughout the mid 2010s. For instance, Adele and Katy Perry were popular in the early 2010s, but they also made a cultural impact on the mid 2010s. Lady Gaga's last album was made in 2014, but it wasn't as famous as The Fame, The Fame Monster, or Born This Way.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/21/16 at 12:36 pm

But she didn't make an impact throughout the mid 2010s. For instance, Adele and Katy Perry were popular in the early 2010s, but they also made a cultural impact on the mid 2010s. Lady Gaga's last album was made in 2014, but it wasn't as famous as The Fame, The Fame Monster, or Born This Way.

The early 2010s belong to the 2010s. So she's still a 2010s star because she was huge in the late 00s/early 10s. Just because she made no impact in the mid 10s, doesn't mean she isn't a 10s star. She was popular in the early 10s which makes her a 2010s star.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/21/16 at 1:31 pm

When it comes to my personal life, I haven't had a year this good since 2007/2008.

When it comes to the outside world, I'm keeping sane by not reading the news so much.  :P

Written By: 2001 on 05/21/16 at 1:44 pm

It reminds me of something that I experienced decades ago. I used to be a telephone operator when I was in the service. The system we were using was pretty archaic-the old cord board if anyone actually knows that that is. They were switching that system to a more automated one that the old cord board wasn't needed. I just happen to be working at the time that the new system went on line. The room next to the room where I was working was where all the innards of the system was located. When the switch was turned on, that room exploded in chaos. The old system was fighting with the new system and MAN was it loud! It sounded very violent. After a few minutes, the loudness quieted down as the new was taking over and then there was silence and the new system was on-line and the old system was dead. To me, that whole process seems like a good analogy of what is happening in the world today. 

I believe that we (as in Humanity) are at a crossroads. We have been for several years now. The world is changing and the there is a battle between the old and the new. There are many who are trying to hold on the old way of life-sometimes with violence. How long will this battle go on? I don't know. I wish I could say. But, I do believe-as with the telephone system, a new way of life will emerge that will be more quiet, and less violent.

BTW, I still have a rotary dial from that old cord board that I kept as a souvenir.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

That's such a cool story! I'm imagining you were the operator and listening in on people's conversations  ;D

2016 has been a good year for me, especially politically since Trudeau has been a great Prime Minister. I hope it gets better for everyone else too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/21/16 at 1:56 pm

That's such a cool story! I'm imagining you were the operator and listening in on people's conversations  ;D

Naaaa, I didn't listen-but some of the people I worked with did.  :o  We could only listen to calls that came through the switchboard-mostly from overseas. Some were personal but most were duty related. We did have to monitor the personal ones-not for content but for time. Sometimes we had to check in to see if they were still on the line (there wasn't any way to tell us if they had hung up) and if they were on for too long, we broke in and told them that they had to end their call. Sometimes we had to tell them a few times. I never  pulled the plug (literally) on someone's conversation but some of the people I worked with did.

I had a few of our "regulars" tell me that I was the nicest operator of the bunch.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/21/16 at 2:25 pm

When would be a good time to discuss it?

Written By: 2001 on 05/21/16 at 2:28 pm

Naaaa, I didn't listen-but some of the people I worked with did.  :o  We could only listen to calls that came through the switchboard-mostly from overseas. Some were personal but most were duty related. We did have to monitor the personal ones-not for content but for time. Sometimes we had to check in to see if they were still on the line (there wasn't any way to tell us if they had hung up) and if they were on for too long, we broke in and told them that they had to end their call. Sometimes we had to tell them a few times. I never  pulled the plug (literally) on someone's conversation but some of the people I worked with did.

I had a few of our "regulars" tell me that I was the nicest operator of the bunch.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

This is all so fascinating! I only learnt about the old phone systems recently in my final year university Physics course, and even if it's primitive now, the science behind it is still really fascinating to me.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/21/16 at 3:21 pm

The early 2010s belong to the 2010s. So she's still a 2010s star because she was huge in the late 00s/early 10s. Just because she made no impact in the mid 10s, doesn't mean she isn't a 10s star. She was popular in the early 10s which makes her a 2010s star.

Well yeah, I could agree with that. But Lady Gaga is more likely to be remembered as an early 2010s star.

Written By: bchris02 on 05/21/16 at 3:50 pm

This.  Her popularity was much more short-lived than anybody could have imagined back in 2010.  Unless she releases a significant comeback album, she will represent the 2010s just about as much as 'NSync represents the 2000s.

Written By: #Infinity on 05/21/16 at 5:03 pm

Then there is the issue with catering to the transgenders with the bathroom issue

http://newbostonpost.com/blogs/enjoy-your-transgender-bathrooms-we-just-lost-america/

Wow, glad to see we're on the same page.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/21/16 at 5:13 pm

2016 has been a good year for me, especially politically since Trudeau has been a great Prime Minister. I hope it gets better for everyone else too.

He's good but he needs to watch his elbow.  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 05/21/16 at 5:28 pm

He's good but he needs to watch his elbow.  ;D

He violently penetrated her with his wenis!

https://media2.popsugar-assets.com/files/2013/08/20/696/n/1922283/b46b414aeafe1bf1_tumblr_lkksrcxReg1qek1a5o1_500.xxxlarge.gif

https://d.justpo.st/media/images/2016/05/20/how-ndp-claims-it-went-down-in-the-house-of-commons-justin-trudeau-accidentally-elbows-an-opposition-mp-1463768324.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 05/21/16 at 5:41 pm

He violently penetrated her with his wenis!

https://media2.popsugar-assets.com/files/2013/08/20/696/n/1922283/b46b414aeafe1bf1_tumblr_lkksrcxReg1qek1a5o1_500.xxxlarge.gif

https://d.justpo.st/media/images/2016/05/20/how-ndp-claims-it-went-down-in-the-house-of-commons-justin-trudeau-accidentally-elbows-an-opposition-mp-1463768324.jpg

Eeewwwwwwwwwww.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/21/16 at 6:13 pm

Wow, glad to see we're on the same page.

Me three. I may not be a political guy at this moment, but transgender bathrooms are basically the reason why political correctness is corrupting America. Nobody had to deal with this sheesh from past decades, so why the hell does it matter that everything HAS to be based on political correctness? Even the upcoming presidential election is filled with political correctness, since everybody wants to complain and whine about people's sexuality. I'm neutral over the LGBT community, since they're somehow controversial to not just America, but the whole world as we know it. I can't stand current politics for a lot of things, but whoever's going to win the election (I hope it's not Trump) has go to do something with the American society.

Written By: #Infinity on 05/21/16 at 6:19 pm

Me three. I may not be a political guy at this moment, but transgender bathrooms are basically the reason why political correctness is corrupting America. Nobody had to deal with this sheesh from past decades, so why the hell does it matter that everything HAS to be based on political correctness? Even the upcoming presidential election is filled with political correctness, since everybody wants to complain and whine about people's sexuality. I'm neutral over the LGBT community, since they're somehow controversial to not just America, but the whole world as we know it. I can't stand current politics for a lot of things, but whoever's going to win the election (I hope it's not Trump) has go to do something with the American society.

Actually, I was rebuking batfan05's post. He made it seem like transgender people having the rights to use facilities that correspond to their identity is a major reason for the collapse of America; just look at the title of the article he linked to. I agree that today's political correctness is overbearing and problematic, but outright disapproval of civil rights is downright vile.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/21/16 at 6:21 pm

Transgendered washrooms are a good thing.... We don't live in the 1950s anymore. It's time to support everyone's rights including those who are transgender.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/21/16 at 6:24 pm

Actually, I was rebuking batfan05's post. He made it seem like transgender people having the rights to use facilities that correspond to their identity is a major reason for the collapse of America; just look at the title of the article he linked to. I agree that today's political correctness is overbearing and problematic, but outright disapproval of civil rights is downright vile.

Oh. I never knew that you were being sarcastic at that post. But whenever it's about politics, I never know if I should be disappointed or not. Every single day, it has to be riddled with politics on the f*cking media. Whether is liberal, conseravtive, or radical. It never f*cking stops after the presidential election was in full pace. I don't even know if I should survive a Trump presidency or not because of that.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/21/16 at 6:25 pm

Transgendered washrooms are a good thing.... We don't live in the 1950s anymore. It's time to support everyone's rights including those who are transgender.

Look bro, I'm not that political. It's just that if somebody talked about current events, then I'll might be riddled by my parents' liberal ideas. I'm not even trying to be conservative, since I can't stand them at all.

Written By: #Infinity on 05/21/16 at 6:26 pm

Oh. I never knew that you were being sarcastic at that post. But whenever it's about politics, I never know if I should be disappointed or not. Every single day, it has to be riddled with politics on the f*cking media. Whether is liberal, conseravtive, or radical. It never f*cking stops after the presidential election was in full pace. I don't even know if I should survive a Trump presidency or not because of that.

I mean, politics are always the buzz, especially around election season, but the strong opinions are bombarded more heavily than ever before due to social media's ubiquity.

Written By: #Infinity on 05/21/16 at 6:30 pm

Look bro, I'm not that political. It's just that if somebody talked about current events, then I'll might be riddled by my parents' liberal ideas. I'm not even trying to be conservative, since I can't stand them at all.

I personally have no problem with you at all. You just seem like a down to earth person, so even if you aren't perfectly versed in the specifics of a current controversy, I won't look down upon you for anything.

What does bother me is when somebody says, explicitly, ardently, and without any remorse, that a certain minority should be denied basic protections because of who they are.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/21/16 at 6:30 pm

I suspected you were being sarcastic. I was like, isn't Infinity part of the demographic that the whole bathroom debate is going on?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/21/16 at 6:32 pm

I mean, politics are always the buzz, especially around election season, but the strong opinions are bombarded more heavily than ever before due to social media's ubiquity.

Not to mention that they keep them as facts. Everywhere I go, politics are bombarded by radicals, SJWs, internet feminists, idiotic people, and the presidential candidates. People say that the 2010s are a great decade, but what I see, it's covered by gigantic lies because are getting upset over EVERY. SINGLE. F*CKING. THING!

Written By: #Infinity on 05/21/16 at 6:32 pm

I suspected you were being sarcastic. I was like, isn't Infinity part of the demographic that the whole bathroom debate is going on?

It's just ironic that batfan05 stated he agreed with my OP, even though the things he complained about drove home exactly why I find 2016 so rancid.

Written By: #Infinity on 05/21/16 at 6:34 pm

Not to mention that they keep them as facts. Everywhere I go, politics are bombarded by radicals, SJWs, internet feminists, idiotic people, and the presidential candidates. People say that the 2010s are a great decade, but what I see, it's covered by gigantic lies because are getting upset over EVERY. SINGLE. F*CKING. THING!

They should look around themselves and be happy with what they have, for once. Like their romantic partners, something that isn't taken for granted if you're in my type of position.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/21/16 at 6:35 pm

I personally have no problem with you at all. You just seem like a down to earth person, so even if you aren't perfectly versed in the specifics of a current controversy, I won't look down upon you for anything.

What does bother me is when somebody says, explicitly, ardently, and without any remorse, that a certain minority should be denied basic protections because of who they are.

That's not what I want. I thought batfan2005's article was about political correctness, not discrimination against the LGBT community. If I was proud of saying that I hate LGBT people, then I wouldn't be on this site in the first place. I would be rambling about that sh*t on conservative forums.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/21/16 at 6:38 pm

They should look around themselves and be happy with what they have, for once. Like their romantic partners, something that isn't taken for granted if you're in my type of position.

I don't know if that's going to happen for them. I mean, politics are barely happy. It only happens if you agree with a certain politician, and then they get interrupted by people who hate them so much.

Written By: #Infinity on 05/21/16 at 6:39 pm

That's not what I want. I thought batfan2005's article was about political correctness, not discrimination against the LGBT community. If I was proud of saying that I hate LGBT people, then I wouldn't be on this site in the first place. I would be rambling about that sh*t on conservative forums.

Political correctness is his primary argument, but he seems to refer to the progressive leaps made under the Obama Administration as the foundation of his complaints. It's one thing to be sick of SJW culture, but it's another to call transgenders having the rights to use the restroom of their identity as part of the problem.

Written By: bchris02 on 05/21/16 at 6:47 pm

Agree with this.  Everybody right now is so angry over things they cannot control or that don't even effect them.  People take for granted what they have.  As a gay person living in a very conservative area and still in the closet, I can completely relate on the romantic partner thing.

As for the bathroom issue, I think the fact that it is such a big controversy is a symptom of the problem with '10s culture.  Everybody today is offended and outraged about everything.  Trans people have been using the bathrooms of their choice for decades and nobody has had an issue with it.  I recently found out about Christine Jorgensen and it's hard to believe how much of a non-issue she was, even in the 1950s.  It's only recently that it has become a big deal.  Why is that?  It's because the Christian Right is losing on every issue and they needed to find something to rally their base.  The conservatives will get outraged about whatever Fox News and Glenn Beck tells them they should be outraged about.

The economy could be better, but it isn't bad.  We aren't currently in any major wars.  Abortion has become a ho-hum issue and gay marriage isn't going anywhere.  What will get people outraged and cause sheeple to donate big money to campaigns?  "Men in womens restrooms...that's it!!...and we can use this issue to pass laws permitting gay people to be fired from their jobs or kicked out of their homes for coming out of the closet!! Praise the Lord!!!" </sarcasm>

Written By: 80sfan on 05/21/16 at 6:48 pm

Here is a new Time magazine cover. Very relevant for this thread.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/13232987_10209344266950371_1627209909557463774_n.jpg?oh=150d08d9faa60844cee9aa7847f1257b&oe=5743597D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/21/16 at 6:55 pm

It has NOTHING to do with politically correctness. It has EVERYTHING to do with distraction. It is how the powers want people to be divided. There HAS to be a boogieman. This year that just happens to be LGBT. Oh wait, isn't the boogieman this year Muslims? Oh, that's right it is the liberals. Wait, it has to be Plan Parenthood. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. These people want to do you harm. They are coming to take away what is yours.

If the powers that be keep yelling this stuff loud and long, people are going to believe it-and yup, people DO believe it. Does anyone really care which bathroom someone uses? I have used the men's room many times in my day. Hell, I even CLEANED men's rooms.  8-P I have also painted men's rooms. It is no big deal but people are making it a big deal. I remember one time in high school, I wanted into the girls' bathroom and there was a guy in there-smoking with a bunch of girls. I just went into a stall and did my thing. After, I went and joined them in a smoke.  :D ;D ;D ;D

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie."

~Paul Joseph Goebbels, Adolf Hitler's Propaganda Minister in Nazi Germany

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/21/16 at 7:36 pm

It has NOTHING to do with politically correctness. It has EVERYTHING to do with distraction. It is how the powers want people to be divided. There HAS to be a boogieman. This year that just happens to be LGBT. Oh wait, isn't the boogieman this year Muslims? Oh, that's right it is the liberals. Wait, it has to be Plan Parenthood. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. These people want to do you harm. They are coming to take away what is yours.

If the powers that be keep yelling this stuff loud and long, people are going to believe it-and yup, people DO believe it. Does anyone really care which bathroom someone uses? I have used the men's room many times in my day. Hell, I even CLEANED men's rooms.  8-P I have also painted men's rooms. It is no big deal but people are making it a big deal. I remember one time in high school, I wanted into the girls' bathroom and there was a guy in there-smoking with a bunch of girls. I just went into a stall and did my thing. After, I went and joined them in a smoke.  :D ;D ;D ;D

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie."

Cat

Then if there's a political boogieman, why do people get thrilled about politics? It seems rather terrifying and repetitive to see one boogieman after another, even though you wouldn't enjoy it so much.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/21/16 at 7:53 pm

Then if there's a political boogieman, why do people get thrilled about politics? It seems rather terrifying and repetitive to see one boogieman after another, even though you wouldn't enjoy it so much.

Politics is the art of the possible. It is fascinating to watch at times. But, the boogieman is NOT for the people in power. The boogieman is for the public. If the public perceives that there is a boogieman like those in power tell them, than those in power will protect the public from said boogieman. That is the reason to watch politics-so you won't fear the boogieman that the powers that be is trying to feed you. It is uninformed that fears those boogiemen. The informed KNOWS that there isn't any boogieman at all. It all a distraction by the powers that be to keep the public at odds with each other and not really pay attention to what those in power are actually doing. They don't WANT you to know what they are doing. That is why you SHOULD watch and keep an eye on them and not be distracted by their distractions.

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/21/16 at 8:11 pm

Politics is the art of the possible. It is fascinating to watch at times. But, the boogieman is NOT for the people in power. The boogieman is for the public. If the public perceives that there is a boogieman like those in power tell them, than those in power will protect the public from said boogieman. That is the reason to watch politics-so you won't fear the boogieman that the powers that be is trying to feed you. It is uninformed that fears those boogiemen. The informed KNOWS that there isn't any boogieman at all. It all a distraction by the powers that be to keep the public at odds with each other and not really pay attention to what those in power are actually doing. They don't WANT you to know what they are doing. That is why you SHOULD watch and keep an eye on them and not be distracted by their distractions.

Cat

What if I get distracted or bored by something that doesn't have to do with politics?

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/21/16 at 8:28 pm

What if I get distracted or bored by something that doesn't have to do with politics?

If you don't vote, it doesn't matter.  If you do vote, some politician will find something you do care about, and try to use that to get you to the polls.

Why do people like horror movies?  Roller coasters?  Making fun of each other on the internet?  Because it's fun!

For a significant portion of the population, it's even more fun to be scared of the Other when it's not as safe as a movie or a roller coaster or hiding behind a keyboard.  It's even more fun to beat up on them!  Doesn't matter if it's closeted self-hating theocrats beating on gays and trans people, or mayo-gendered SJWs demanding that anyone who suggests that mayonnaise is not a gender be fired from their jobs. 

PROTIP:  Sex changes aren't new.  Men and women have been sharing bathrooms with trans men and women - who are using the bathroom of their expressed gender - for decades.  If you've got a ween, you've urinated next to a man who happens to still have hoo-ha; she just uses a go-girl (like any other woman who might travel and occasionally need to urinate while standing upright), and you'd never notice unless you looked over to check really closely, and why would you do that?  If you've got a hoo-ha, you've sat in stalls adjacent to women who happen to have ding-dongs, and you'd never notice unless you stuck your head over the stall wall, and not just why, but seriously how would you do actually that?

This is only an "issue" this year because it's an election year, and one party needs something to get its religiously-minded voters to the polls beyond the thrice-married Donald Trump.

Written By: 2001 on 05/21/16 at 8:43 pm

Agree with this.  Everybody right now is so angry over things they cannot control or that don't even effect them.  People take for granted what they have.  As a gay person living in a very conservative area and still in the closet, I can completely relate on the romantic partner thing.

As for the bathroom issue, I think the fact that it is such a big controversy is a symptom of the problem with '10s culture.  Everybody today is offended and outraged about everything.  Trans people have been using the bathrooms of their choice for decades and nobody has had an issue with it.  I recently found out about Christine Jorgensen and it's hard to believe how much of a non-issue she was, even in the 1950s.  It's only recently that it has become a big deal.  Why is that?  It's because the Christian Right is losing on every issue and they needed to find something to rally their base.  The conservatives will get outraged about whatever Fox News and Glenn Beck tells them they should be outraged about.

The economy could be better, but it isn't bad.  We aren't currently in any major wars.  Abortion has become a ho-hum issue and gay marriage isn't going anywhere.  What will get people outraged and cause sheeple to donate big money to campaigns?  "Men in womens restrooms...that's it!!...and we can use this issue to pass laws permitting gay people to be fired from their jobs or kicked out of their homes for coming out of the closet!! Praise the Lord!!!" </sarcasm>

Cat

If you don't vote, it doesn't matter.  If you do vote, some politician will find something you do care about, and try to use that to get you to the polls.

Why do people like horror movies?  Roller coasters?  Making fun of each other on the internet?  Because it's fun!

For a significant portion of the population, it's even more fun to be scared of the Other when it's not as safe as a movie or a roller coaster or hiding behind a keyboard.  It's even more fun to beat up on them!  Doesn't matter if it's closeted self-hating theocrats beating on gays and trans people, or mayo-gendered SJWs demanding that anyone who suggests that mayonnaise is not a gender be fired from their jobs. 

PROTIP:  Sex changes aren't new.  Men and women have been sharing bathrooms with trans men and women - who are using the bathroom of their expressed gender - for decades.  If you've got a ween, you've urinated next to a man who happens to still have hoo-ha; she just uses a go-girl (like any other woman who might travel and occasionally need to urinate while standing upright), and you'd never notice unless you looked over to check really closely, and why would you do that?  If you've got a hoo-ha, you've sat in stalls adjacent to women who happen to have ding-dongs, and you'd never notice unless you stuck your head over the stall wall, and not just why, but seriously how would you do actually that?

This is only an "issue" this year because it's an election year, and one party needs something to get its religiously-minded voters to the polls beyond the thrice-married Donald Trump.

Great posts! So much truth.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/21/16 at 8:48 pm

Maybe you're right.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/21/16 at 11:48 pm

We've been in the dark ages since 2004.

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/22/16 at 7:21 am

Let me clear this up for the record, I have nothing against the LGBT community. What people prefer is their own business. I just think the bathroom issue is overly discussed and done to death. It's always something. Last year it was about how Confederate Flags are offensive and should be banned. An easy solution to the bathroom gender issue is to provide family restrooms; ones that have a single toilet, sink, and a diaper changing station; and the door can be locked. Either gender or mix of both can use it. Many places already have those. Like someone else mentioned, why is this suddenly becoming a big deal in 2016?

Written By: #Infinity on 05/22/16 at 7:41 am

Let me clear this up for the record, I have nothing against the LGBT community. What people prefer is their own business. I just think the bathroom issue is overly discussed and done to death. It's always something. Last year it was about how Confederate Flags are offensive and should be banned. An easy solution to the bathroom gender issue is to provide family restrooms; ones that have a single toilet, sink, and a diaper changing station; and the door can be locked. Either gender or mix of both can use it. Many places already have those. Like someone else mentioned, why is this suddenly becoming a big deal in 2016?

I can absolutely get behind family restrooms as a compromise solution as greater number of Americans are gradually educated on transgender issues, which have only been mainstream since about the time the mid-2010s took off. The irony, though, is that even Target themselves have had those for a while now.

I just think it's awkward to forcefully shove transgendered people, even those far enough in their transition to not be mistaken for the wrong gender, into the restrooms corresponding to their genetic sex and not the gender they identify as. I can honestly understand the confusion and anxiety with regards to a pre/early-transition transwoman entering a women's bathroom (which is why I pretty much never began entering the women's restroom until a year and a half into my transition and after getting facial feminization surgery), but making it a universal law is plainly absurd.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/22/16 at 8:32 am

I can absolutely get behind family restrooms as a compromise solution as greater number of Americans are gradually educated on transgender issues, which have only been mainstream since about the time the mid-2010s took off. The irony, though, is that even Target themselves have had those for a while now.

I just think it's awkward to forcefully shove transgendered people, even those far enough in their transition to not be mistaken for the wrong gender, into the restrooms corresponding to their genetic sex and not the gender they identify as. I can honestly understand the confusion and anxiety with regards to a pre/early-transition transwoman entering a women's bathroom (which is why I pretty much never began entering the women's restroom until a year and a half into my transition and after getting facial feminization surgery), but making it a universal law is plainly absurd.

The rub, of course, is how to distinguish a harmless transgender person from a prev who claims to be transgender just to get into the little girls room. The perv will cry "Discrimination!" and claim to be a transgender.

The sad truth is that the true victims will be non-transgender persons who become victims of perverts who were enabled by the cause of "transgender".

For my money, if you have a winkie you belong in the Boys Room. If you have a hoo-hah then you belong in the girls room. If you have both then I suppose you get an all-access pass.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/22/16 at 10:25 am

That was the year the apocalypse began.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 11:39 am

That was the year the apocalypse began.

It's the year when societal decay began and civilization's downfall was in near sight.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/22/16 at 12:03 pm

It doesn't matter why. The point is it's a good thing this is being discussed and debated. Transgender people are finally getting the attention they deserve and finally something is being done about it. I don't think you should be annoyed about it, I think you should be happy something is finally being done.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/22/16 at 12:27 pm

Your opinion on this and the LGBT community lines up with mine.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/22/16 at 12:28 pm

It's the year when societal decay began and civilization's downfall was in near sight.

That belongs to 2012, where everybody made sh*tty pop culture.

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 2:43 pm

That belongs to 2012, where everybody made sh*tty pop culture.

One of my favourites!  :D Dancing to Gangnam Style on December 21 to accelerate the planet's demise!  8)

Written By: Howard on 05/22/16 at 2:59 pm

for 12 years?

Written By: Howard on 05/22/16 at 3:03 pm

since last year and now this year, all they did was shove stories of Bill Cosby, The Kardashians, Jared Fogle and LGBT in our faces. It was too much saturation.  ::)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/22/16 at 3:45 pm

since last year and now this year, all they did was shove stories of Bill Cosby, The Kardashians, Jared Fogle and LGBT in our faces. It was too much saturation.  ::)

We also had many stories about celebrities dying this year.

Donald Trump winning is a good thing.  He will make America America again and rescue us from the mental disorder that is liberalism.

He will be the best president we've had since Bill Clinton.  Donald Trump 2016.

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ice_cube_wtf.gif

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/22/16 at 4:14 pm

You mad you liberal pussy?

No, it's just that I disagree with what you said over Trump as president. You are entitled to your political opinion, but it's just that I can't stand people who support Trump. What has he done throughout his entire campaign, aside from saying ludicrous things? He's basically one of the most insanely praised candidates in U.S. history, in my personal opinion. I'm not saying he's insanely praised by politicians, but for the fact that he's getting praised by f*cking celebrities who are snooty as him.

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 4:22 pm

You mad you liberal pussy?

You're going to get yourself banned again lol. Btw why did you close your mid 2000s vs early 2010s thread. I had a song ready for each era, then when I posted, you already locked the thread.  :(

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 4:23 pm

This thread is already on it's way to being hilarious. Keep it up you two.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 05/22/16 at 4:51 pm

You're going to get yourself banned again lol. Btw why did you close your mid 2000s vs early 2010s thread. I had a song ready for each era, then when I posted, you already locked the thread.  :(

This thread is already on it's way to being hilarious. Keep it up you two.
I don't think it's the same person. This user just made a post about wanting to return to the early 00s approximately 20 minutes ago. The one Jordan argued with still actually has his account and loves the late 00s; he also just haven't been on here in a few weeks.

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/22/16 at 4:57 pm

No, it's just that I disagree with what you said over Trump as president. You are entitled to your political opinion, but it's just that I can't stand people who support Trump. What has he done throughout his entire campaign, aside from saying ludicrous things? He's basically one of the most insanely praised candidates in U.S. history, in my personal opinion. I'm not saying he's insanely praised by politicians, but for the fact that he's getting praised by f*cking celebrities who are snooty as him.

I think Trump will turn us into a fascist dictatorship, and a police state where anyone who speaks against him will be arrested and tortured in prison, and even executed. He won't be anything like Reagan, which is really what we need now to make America great again. He will be worse than George W. Bush. Hillary on the other hand, will continue the same policies as Obama, except problably worse. She will turn us into a socialist dictatorship, or something like communism.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/22/16 at 5:10 pm

I think Trump will turn us into a fascist dictatorship, and a police state where anyone who speaks against him will be arrested and tortured in prison, and even executed. He won't be anything like Reagan, which is really what we need now to make America great again. He will be worse than George W. Bush. Hillary on the other hand, will continue the same policies as Obama, except problably worse. She will turn us into a socialist dictatorship, or something like communism.

I'll rather have a socialist republic than have a fascist republic. I can get of how some people don't like Clinton, because she keeps switching opinions. But I can't stand of how Trump would basically ruin our economy even worse than any president in office. I can't even imagine of what his first order of business would be, aside from trying to get rid of Muslims and Hispanics, just because they're called terrorists or rapists. Did I mention that Trump was endorsed by David Duke, who was a former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/22/16 at 6:35 pm

Sorry, if my coments came off as homophobic, but I'm sick tired of the hate Donald Trump gets.

Trump isn't a racist or a hate monger, he's a nationalist who isn't controlled by wealthy donors and globalist/foreign interests from countries like Saudi Arabia.  He wants to get our country out of the long rut it has been in.  For the first time in a long time, the American people see a candiate that has common sense.

He is right on about every issue going on in America today such as political correctness, bigotry against religion, and illegal immagration.  He also wants to protect our country from ISIS and prevent from another 9/11 from happening.  He is also right on about his comments about George W. Bush and what a mistake the Iraq War was for our country.

Any other Republican candidate in office would just be another George W. Bush and Hillary Clinton will just continue the damage Barack Obama has done to this country.  America doesn't need another George W. Bush or Barack Obama, America needs who is going to get things done and not sit on the sidelines and expect things to magically happen like Barack Obama.

It's best we not discuss politics.  It's something I take very seriously and it brings out the worse in me.

And what about all the hate that Obama gets? Or all the hate that Clinton gets? I'm sure you think that is just fine. 

Trump is a pathological liar. He changes his position 100 times over. And he is totally unqualified to be the president. His talk has absolutely no substance to it. Yeah, he is going to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it. How? He doesn't say how because he doesn't know how. He tells people what he thinks they want to hear. And as for not being controlled by wealthy donor? I have news for you. http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/donald-trump-donor-fundraising-2016-121645

And I wouldn't call someone who has declared bankruptcy FOUR TIMES a good businessman. He is an egotistical, blowhard who doesn't know his ass from his elbow. He is rude, crude, & obnoxious. He is a super thin-skinned, bully. He still goes on about what someone said about his hands 25 years ago! He is basically a baby because he can't take criticism. If you go into politics, you ARE going to be criticized. You have to know how to take it. He doesn't. He whines and throws a temper tantrum. He campaign is not about "making American great again," it is all about making Donald J. Trump great. That is the only thing he cares about-himself! 

Cat 

Written By: meesa on 05/22/16 at 7:05 pm

I know this is from a movie, but the phrase has always stuck with me. Subsitute the characters name "Bob Rumson" with "Donald Trump", and that sums up Trump's run for me:

We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you, Donald Trump is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections. You gather a group of middle-aged, middle-class, middle-income voters who remember with longing an easier time, and you talk to them about family and American values and character.

Written By: meesa on 05/22/16 at 7:21 pm

Telling you who to blame for it:

Trump isn't a racist or a hate monger, he's a nationalist who isn't controlled by wealthy donors and globalist/foreign interests from countries like Saudi Arabia.  He wants to get our country out of the long rut it has been in.  For the first time in a long time, the American people see a candiate that has common sense...Any other Republican candidate in office would just be another George W. Bush and Hillary Clinton will just continue the damage Barack Obama has done to this country.  America doesn't need another George W. Bush or Barack Obama, America needs who is going to get things done and not sit on the sidelines and expect things to magically happen like Barack Obama.

And making you afraid of it:

He is right on about every issue going on in America today such as political correctness, bigotry against religion, and illegal immagration.  He also wants to protect our country from ISIS and prevent from another 9/11 from happening.

:( :( >:(

Written By: #Infinity on 05/22/16 at 7:24 pm

The rub, of course, is how to distinguish a harmless transgender person from a prev who claims to be transgender just to get into the little girls room. The perv will cry "Discrimination!" and claim to be a transgender.

The sad truth is that the true victims will be non-transgender persons who become victims of perverts who were enabled by the cause of "transgender".

For my money, if you have a winkie you belong in the Boys Room. If you have a hoo-hah then you belong in the girls room. If you have both then I suppose you get an all-access pass.

What if a transgendered woman, like myself for example, is so far into her transition that she's never mistaken for a man in the first place? Everybody seems to just call me a tall woman, asking if I'm a good volleyball player as opposed to whether I'm really a woman. I definitely don't think most cisgendered male pervs could pass anywhere near as well as I or most other transwomen far into their transition. Even if some were, should we be discriminating against masculine-looking cisgendered women, as well? This is exactly my point. This whole debacle is just a never-ending cycle of paranoia.

I support the family restroom option, as well as the notion that transgendered women should be encouraged to use either the men's bathroom or the family one until they are far enough along in their transition that they comfortably pass as female and don't look like men in drag. I hate to support any ban at all, frankly, but at least a compromise like this would both ease the uncertainty and confusion for those still uncomfortable about the restroom issue while simultaneously ensuring that using public bathrooms is a secure experience for the trans community in general. Far and large, most transgendered people want to pass as the gender they identify with, and so they at least have something to look forward to as they transition. And for those who are intersex, gender fluid, or anything else not part of the gender binary, the family restroom is ideal. Somebody like me should not be forced to use the men's restroom because it places me in a dire situation where I could very well be sexually assaulted myself.

Written By: meesa on 05/22/16 at 7:29 pm

He is a super thin-skinned, bully. He still goes on about what someone said about his hands 25 years ago! He is basically a baby because he can't take criticism. If you go into politics, you ARE going to be criticized. You have to know how to take it. He doesn't. He whines and throws a temper tantrum. He campaign is not about "making American great again," it is all about making Donald J. Trump great. That is the only thing he cares about-himself! 

Cat

Agreed, agreed, and if he were to become our President, what is going to happen the first time he is 'insulted' by a leader of another country? An ally, an enemy, either one- What then? It's frightening.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 7:32 pm

I hate you liberals.  I hate you with all my heart and soul.  I hope you idiots are proud of destroying America.  I know you guys hate America.  You hate God, you hate Christians, you hate babies, you hate straight men, you hate patriotism, you hate fast food, you hate sounterners, and you hate anything that stands up anything.  I wish Hitler put all liberals and democrats in death camps.  Because you derserved to be put to death for the snobby immoral people you are.

And if I was a Jedi, I would take my lightsaber and wipe out every single liberal democrat on Earth like Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker.  I'll kill them, I'll kill them all.  They are all dead.And not just the men, but the women, and the children too.  They're like animals and I'll slaughter them like animals.  I HATE THEM!!!

Dude, you like things that suck. Christians? God? Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker!?!?!?!? Jesus Christ, man... There is a line (in the sand, of course) and you have crossed it.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 7:34 pm

Funny you say that because I'm not a liberal.

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 7:35 pm

Obama is my favourite president. The country is much, much better than it was in 2008. It's why I love Clinton too, I hope she continues his direction.

Written By: #Infinity on 05/22/16 at 7:36 pm

Funny you say that because I'm not a liberal.

I don't really consider myself a liberal either, I'm more a centrist with a slight lean to the left.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/22/16 at 7:38 pm

I hate you liberals.  I hate you with all my heart and soul.  I hope you idiots are proud of destroying America.  I know you guys hate America.  You hate God, you hate Christians, you hate babies, you hate straight men, you hate patriotism, you hate fast food, you hate sounterners, and you hate anything that stands up anything.  I wish Hitler put all liberals and democrats in death camps.  Because you derserved to be put to death for the snobby immoral people you are.

And if I was a Jedi, I would take my lightsaber and wipe out every single liberal democrat on Earth like Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker.  I'll kill them, I'll kill them all.  They are all dead.And not just the men, but the women, and the children too.  They're like animals and I'll slaughter them like animals.  I HATE THEM!!!

and no wonder you said you support Donald Trump

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1061/1924/products/Flushed_Face_Emoji_large.png?v=1458743778

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 7:40 pm

I don't really consider myself a liberal either, I'm more a centrist with a slight lean to the left.

I'm a centrist myself. I don't like getting all boxed in with all the "left/right/liberal/conservative" nonsense. I look at the situation and think for myself where I stand.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/22/16 at 7:41 pm

Trump is a pathological liar. He changes his position 100 times over. And he is totally unqualified to be the president. His talk has absolutely no substance to it. Yeah, he is going to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it. How? He doesn't say how because he doesn't know how. He tells people what he thinks they want to hear. And as for not being controlled by wealthy donor? I have news for you. http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/donald-trump-donor-fundraising-2016-121645

Cat

Great post overall! What I have in bold are my biggest problems with Trump. I can't even count anymore how many times he's lied about his statements or plans for this country.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/22/16 at 7:42 pm

What if a transgendered woman, like myself for example, is so far into her transition that she's never mistaken for a man in the first place? Everybody seems to just call me a tall woman, asking if I'm a good volleyball player as opposed to whether I'm really a woman. I definitely don't think most cisgendered male pervs could pass anywhere near as well as I or most other transwomen far into their transition. Even if some were, should we be discriminating against masculine-looking cisgendered women, as well? This is exactly my point. This whole debacle is just a never-ending cycle of paranoia.

I support the family restroom option, as well as the notion that transgendered women should be encouraged to use either the men's bathroom or the family one until they are far enough along in their transition that they comfortably pass as female and don't look like men in drag. I hate to support any ban at all, frankly, but at least a compromise like this would both ease the uncertainty and confusion for those still uncomfortable about the restroom issue while simultaneously ensuring that using public bathrooms is a secure experience for the trans community in general. Far and large, most transgendered people want to pass as the gender they identify with, and so they at least have something to look forward to as they transition. And for those who are intersex, gender fluid, or anything else not part of the gender binary, the family restroom is ideal. Somebody like me should not be forced to use the men's restroom because it places me in a dire situation where I could very well be sexually assaulted myself.

When I saw that picture of you, I totally thought you were a bio woman. Only recently did I realize you were transgender.

Written By: meesa on 05/22/16 at 7:44 pm

I hate you liberals.  I hate you with all my heart and soul.  I hope you idiots are proud of destroying America USA.  I know you guys hate America USA.  You hate God, you hate Christians, you hate babies, you hate straight men, you hate patriotism, you hate fast food, you hate sounterners Southerners, and you hate anything that stands up anything (not sure how to fix this one, do you mean 'anyone that stands up for anything?').  I wish Hitler put all liberals and democrats in death camps.  Because you derserved deserve to be put to death for the snobby immoral people you are (that could also be Amoral but now I am splitting hairs).

And if I was were  a Jedi, I would take my lightsaber and wipe out every single liberal democrat on Earth like Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker.  I'll kill them, I'll kill them all.  They are all dead.And not just the men, but the women, and the children too.  They're like animals, and I'll slaughter them like animals.  I HATE THEM!!!

FIFY

Written By: mqg96 on 05/22/16 at 7:48 pm

FIFY

Which reminds me, I remember in one of Trump's speeches when he didn't say a Bible verse correctly. He had misinterpreted it or something like that.

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 7:54 pm

I'm an immoral, country destroying, America hating, cultural Marxist, far-left SJW by American standards. By Canadian standards I think I'm centre-left, I agree with Conservatives about 50% of the time.

Written By: meesa on 05/22/16 at 7:56 pm

Which reminds me, I remember in one of Trump's speeches when he didn't say a Bible verse correctly. He had misinterpreted it or something like that.

Might be this one, let me see if I can get this to work: http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/01/18/donald-trump-quotes-scripture-sort-of-at-liberty-university-speech/?version=meter+at+null&module=meter-Links&pgtype=Blogs&contentId=&mediaId=&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&priority=true&action=click&contentCollection=meter-links-click

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 8:04 pm

Who cares?  People make mistakes.  Nobody is perfect.

It's called pandering lol. He doesn't care about the bible, he's not religious. Even Clinton is more religious than him LOL

Written By: meesa on 05/22/16 at 8:04 pm

Interesting comment from someone who feels half of the US population should be put in death camps and wants to take a 'light saber" to women and babies....  ???

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 8:13 pm

Also, I love the Star Wars Prequels.  Better than those lame gay piece of sheesh movies from the 70's and 80's.  And Hayden Christsen's Anakin Skywalker is better than Mark Hamill's gay piece of sheesh can't act crybaby Luke Skywalker.

Always hated the Originals.  How anyone can like those movies is beyond me.  I guess it is because people are tasteless morons.

Yeah, Hayden Christensen is so good. Y'know, that sand... So rough and coarse. ::)

So?  Going to church and quoting the Bible doesn't make you a Christian.  Being saved by Jesus Christ does.  Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven.

http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/c621695140d611de061cabf0ff76257c515aee9b.jpg

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 8:17 pm

So?  Going to church and quoting the Bible doesn't make you a Christian.  Being saved by Jesus Christ does.  Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven.

I've already been to Heaven. After 5 minutes I was like let's go!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 8:18 pm

Do you think he's gonna tell us to let Jesus take the wheel?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/22/16 at 8:21 pm

Was that because it was like this when you got there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J16lInLZRms

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 8:23 pm

HAAAOOOLLLLL MEEAAAHHHH CLAAAOOOSSSS IAAAAMMMMM SSEEEEIIIIXXXXXX FEEAAAAHHH FRRROOOMM DAAAAAA EEEDDDGGGAAAHH NNN IAAAAM THHHIIIIAAAHHH MMAAAYYBUHHHH SEEEIIIXXXX FEEEEAAAAHH AAIIIIINNNNN SOOOO FAAAAAHHHH DDDDDAWWWWWWNNNNNNN

qnkuBUAwfe0

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 8:33 pm

Was that because it was like this when you got there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J16lInLZRms

Woah that's way better than the heaven I was in! Which religion is this one? I'm switching. ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/22/16 at 8:35 pm

Except that Trump supporters are bible lovers. But since they're poorly educated, I'm not surprised they wouldn't give a f*ck.

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 8:36 pm

HAAAOOOLLLLL MEEAAAHHHH CLAAAOOOSSSS IAAAAMMMMM SSEEEEIIIIXXXXXX FEEAAAAHHH FRRROOOMM DAAAAAA EEEDDDGGGAAAHH NNN IAAAAM THHHIIIIAAAHHH MMAAAYYBUHHHH SEEEIIIXXXX FEEEEAAAAHH AAIIIIINNNNN SOOOO FAAAAAHHHH DDDDDAWWWWWWNNNNNNN

qnkuBUAwfe0

Since I am polytheist, I am now a believer in Creed, Beyonce and Katy Perry.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 8:39 pm

Since I am polytheist, I am now a believer in Creed, Beyonce and Katy Perry.

AAAHH SEEEE YAAAHH SOOOOAAALL EEETTT KIIIINDDDDAAA GREEEAAAHHH YEEEAAAHHHH SEEEE MMAAAAAHHHH HHAAAAARRRRR YAAAAAAA LOOOKKKK AAAAWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Real Christians get BJ's with Kid Rock. ;)

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 8:41 pm

AAAHH SEEEE YAAAHH SOOOOAAALL EEETTT KIIIINDDDDAAA GREEEAAAHHH YEEEAAAHHHH SEEEE MMAAAAAHHHH HHAAAAARRRRR YAAAAAAA LOOOKKKK AAAAWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Real Christians get BJ's with Kid Rock. ;)

BJs?? Kid Rock and these Creed people do kind of look like Jesus.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/22/16 at 8:44 pm

Woah that's way better than the heaven I was in! Which religion is this one? I'm switching. ;D

You can join, but you must first make a pilgrimage down to The Last Remaining Sam Goody and buy a physical copy of Human Clay on CD for $9.99. Trust me, Scott Stapp is in dire need of the money.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 8:45 pm

BJs?? Kid Rock and these Creed people do kind of look like Jesus.

There's am actual video on the web of them, too. Scott and Kid Rock and in the same room having a conversation while these groupies do down on 'em and, uh, do their thing... 8-P

I dunno but if Jesus was taking the wheel would he allow those kinds of things to go down? ???

You can join, but you must first make a pilgrimage down to The Last Remaining Sam Goody and buy a physical copy of Human Clay on CD for $9.99. Trust me, Scott Stapp is in dire need of the money.

Yes. Scott Stapp spent all his money on blow and he still hasn't paid Kid Rock back!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 8:50 pm

Hey, look! I found Donald Trump in a Creed video!

iBBqjGd3fHQ

(at 1:08)

https://i.gyazo.com/b8cc0f9a29dacf63651e01086b1af8ea.png

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 8:51 pm

https://genophoria.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

I will buy out this store and bring all the CDs here to Canada. Then I will knock door to door and convert all those who have not met their true Lord and Saviour.

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 8:53 pm

There's am actual video on the web of them, too. Scott and Kid Rock and in the same room having a conversation while these groupies do down on 'em and, uh, do their thing... 8-P

I dunno but if Jesus was taking the wheel would he allow those kinds of things to go down? ???

Yes. Scott Stapp spent all his money on blow and he still hasn't paid Kid Rock back!

Wait, is that what you meant by BJ? :o I thought it would be something else. And there's a video of this?  ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 8:54 pm

Wait, is that what you meant by BJ? :o I thought it would be something else. And there's a video of this?  ;D

Yes, that's what I meant. :P There is a video but if you really wanna see it that badly (and I do not recommend it) you can go look for it yourself on the interweb. 8-P

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/22/16 at 8:55 pm

Hey, look! I found Donald Trump in a Creed video!

iBBqjGd3fHQ

(at 1:08)

https://i.gyazo.com/b8cc0f9a29dacf63651e01086b1af8ea.png

;D

Okay, looking for Donald Trump in random places is actually kind of fun. Did you know that he was also in Home Alone 2?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8DOL4zBM_0

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 8:59 pm

;D

Okay, looking for Donald Trump in random places is actually kind of fun. Did you know that he was also in Home Alone 2?

Donald Trump... Helping children? Well, I never thought I'd see the day!

Did you also know that before he wanted to conquer American, he planned to take over Micky D's with Grimace? 

-6hsL4Z9yn0

Grip 'n sip I always say.

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 9:07 pm

;D

Oh wow completely missed this. His hair was still the same, even in the 80s/90s!

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/22/16 at 9:11 pm

Oh wow completely missed this. His hair was still the same, even in the 80s/90s!

How's this for random: Donald Trump on the Fresh Prince! :o :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu1gj010oa8

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 9:25 pm

;D ;D The 90s... back when your reaction to seeing Donald Trump wasn't to grab your tomatoes.

All these movie/show appearances remind me of a hilarious Trump Back To The Future spoof I saw a few months back. Too bad it didn't actually happen like this ;D

B_iL8TtPOt0

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 9:28 pm

You can't beat Trump's supreme video game from the 90's. ;)

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/l/73893-donald-trump-s-real-estate-tycoon-windows-front-cover.jpg

Written By: mqg96 on 05/22/16 at 9:48 pm

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/l/73893-donald-trump-s-real-estate-tycoon-windows-front-cover.jpg

According to google that game was released in 2002, but knowing this was actually a game is symbolically creepy & scary af.  :-\\

Could be hidden references in that game that could determine the future of America, well IDK to be honest.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/22/16 at 9:52 pm

Are you sure that's a real game and not a photoshop job? It's almost to good to be true. ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 9:56 pm

According to google that game was released in 2002, but knowing this was actually a game is symbolically creepy & scary af.  :-\\

Could be hidden references in that game that could determine the future of America, well IDK to be honest.

Yeah, I know, I was kidding. :P But yeah, the game sure is something else!

Are you sure that's a real game and not a photoshop job? It's almost to good to be true. ;D

100% real, man!

A fun little screenshot:

http://static5.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/615537-924192_20041026_001.jpg

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 10:00 pm

I played the game for a bit, I was really into simulation games in the mid-2000s. It was complete nonsense from what I remember. I preferred Monopoly Tycoon for real estate business simulations. It was more simplistic, but actually fun to play.

100% real, man!

A fun little screenshot:

http://static5.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/615537-924192_20041026_001.jpg

Okay, maybe I didn't play it. I don't remember it looking like that, it looked more like SimCity 3000. ;D I remember thinking they pretty much ripped off the artstyle.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/22/16 at 10:02 pm

100% real, man!

A fun little screenshot:

There's our next president right there!

He might not be a Washington, or a Lincoln, or a Roosevelt, but they didn't exactly have their own video games, did they? 8)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/22/16 at 10:11 pm

100% real, man!

A fun little screenshot:

Ahhh, he's so rich! I worship him!!

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 10:15 pm

Creed heaven is better than Trump heaven! Join us!

Written By: 80sfan on 05/22/16 at 10:18 pm

Didn't one of their band members go crazy and drink a lot, or something?  :-X

Written By: bchris02 on 05/22/16 at 10:35 pm

That came out in the early 2000s, not the '90s and it was in the dollar game section.  It was never a popular game.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 10:38 pm

That came out in the early 2000s, not the '90s and it was in the dollar game section.  It was never a popular game.

Yeah, I literally just explained 20 minutes ago I was joking. ::)

There's our next president right there!

He might not be a Washington, or a Lincoln, or a Roosevelt, but they didn't exactly have their own video games, did they? 8)

Nope. Clearly Trump is the best candidate. You can trust a man with his own video game! ;)

The richest!

Didn't you see the video? Trump is in Creed heaven! ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/22/16 at 10:52 pm

Yeah, I literally just explained 20 minutes ago I was joking. ::)

Nope. Clearly Trump is the best candidate. You can trust a man with his own video game! ;)

The richest!

Didn't you see the video? Trump is in Creed heaven! ;D

He's richer than Oprah.  ;)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 11:51 pm

He's richer than Oprah.  ;)

Not only richer in monetary value but also in heart and spirit. Donald is a good man with a big ol' heart of gold. He really does care for the people of America. http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/c621695140d611de061cabf0ff76257c515aee9b.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 05/23/16 at 10:14 am

Not only richer in monetary value but also in heart and spirit. Donald is a good man with a big ol' heart of gold. He really does care for the people of America. http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/c621695140d611de061cabf0ff76257c515aee9b.jpg

I can't take this comment seriously, it's too much!  :-X

Written By: 2001 on 05/23/16 at 11:26 am

I can't decide if I liked The Apprentice or Oprah's talk show more. I think I might have to side with The Apprentice :-X

Written By: 80sfan on 05/23/16 at 11:35 am

I can't decide if I liked The Apprentice or Oprah's talk show more. I think I might have to side with The Apprentice :-X

I like Oprah's show more. I never got into The Apprentice. I will admit, I had fun times staring at Donald's hair though.

Written By: 2001 on 05/23/16 at 11:42 am

I like Oprah's show more. I never got into The Apprentice. I will admit, I had fun times staring at Donald's hair though.

I liked the episode she interviewed Tom Cruise.

CRbhE3GRiUE

Written By: Howard on 05/23/16 at 2:49 pm

http://a4.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/image/upload/c_fill,fl_keep_iptc,g_faces,h_365,w_652/i7xqc4zarpqekukmvl5x.jpg
He was also in a segment to shave Vince's hair ↑

Written By: mqg96 on 05/23/16 at 3:00 pm

The irony of this video! and the subliminal messages though!  :o

A lot of people don't realize how many times clips from TV shows or cartoons have predicted the future!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 05/23/16 at 6:27 pm

Damn! From looking those photos and videos, it's amazing how Trump was everywhere despite not being much popular back then. ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/23/16 at 6:44 pm

Damn! From looking those photos and videos, it's amazing how Trump was everywhere despite not being much popular back then. ;D

I guess he was more friendly back in the 90s and 2000s, before he became ridiculously political in the mid 2010s.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/16 at 6:50 pm

He has been a public figure since the '70s-and he likes it that way. Anyway he can get himself in the public eye he took it. It didn't matter what it way as long as it helped make him a household name. That's what happens when you are an egomaniac.

Cat

Written By: Fearsword on 05/26/16 at 5:27 am

I agree 2016 has been sad seeing all these tragedies around the world. But isn't it like that every year? Millions of people die every year but there will be 10s of millions that are born.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/26/16 at 6:21 pm

http://a4.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/image/upload/c_fill,fl_keep_iptc,g_faces,h_365,w_652/i7xqc4zarpqekukmvl5x.jpg

Aww yeah the Battle of the Billionaires!!! :D ;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/26/16 at 9:57 pm

Perhaps Trump should select Vince McMahon as his vice presidential running mate? It could help put Connecticut in play against Hillary in the general election.

Trump/McMahon 2016. I really like the ring of that. 8)

Written By: Howard on 05/27/16 at 7:27 am

Aww yeah the Battle of the Billionaires!!! :D ;D

and I wanted Donald to get his head shaved. >:(

Written By: Howard on 05/27/16 at 7:28 am

Perhaps Trump should select Vince McMahon as his vice presidential running mate? It could help put Connecticut in play against Hillary in the general election.

Trump/McMahon 2016. I really like the ring of that. 8)

and they're both rich.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/27/16 at 10:40 am

Trump is going to chose someone who can ACTUALLY do the job because he doesn't really want to do the job. To him it all about winning. That is all he cares about. He doesn't care about the country or even the job. He cares about himself and about winning.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/27/16 at 2:34 pm

Trump is going to chose someone who can ACTUALLY do the job because he doesn't really want to do the job. To him it all about winning. That is all he cares about. He doesn't care about the country or even the job. He cares about himself and about winning.

Cat

So who is he going to choose? ???

Written By: 80sfan on 06/12/16 at 9:29 am

Anyone heard of the shooting in Florida, where about 20 people were shot dead? It was at a gay club. Wow, and not in a good way.

2016, anybody? 

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/12/16 at 9:35 am

Anyone heard of the shooting in Florida, where about 20 people were shot? It was at a gay club. Wow, and not in a good way.

2016, anybody?

Yeah, I heard about this morning. It's somehow shocking to those who aren't even in the LGBT community, like me. I don't know why somebody like that would go shoot up a gay club, for their way of believing that being gay is a sin. Even though being gay isn't that much of a sin anymore, due to more progressive views in recent times.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/12/16 at 9:43 am

Yeah, I heard about this morning. It's somehow shocking to those who aren't even in the LGBT community, like me. I don't know why somebody like that would go shoot up a gay club, for their way of believing that being gay is a sin. Even though being gay isn't that much of a sin anymore, due to more progressive views in recent times.

I heard it's 50 people dead now. Scary.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/12/16 at 10:24 am

I heard it's 50 people dead now. Scary.

Holy sh*t. 50 people?! That's even more casualties than the 2012 Aurora and Sandy Hook Elementary shootings.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/12/16 at 10:56 am

Holy sh*t. 50 people?! That's even more casualties than the 2012 Aurora and Sandy Hook Elementary shootings.

It's now officially the biggest shooting of all time in the US.  :-\\

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/12/16 at 11:08 am

It's now officially the biggest shooting of all time in the US.  :-\\

Damn. And I thought 2012 was the worst year for U.S. shootings.  :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/12/16 at 11:10 am

And we don't have a gun problem in the country.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/12/16 at 11:16 am

Cat

Sarcasm aside, it sucks that we live in a political era of where radical conservatives think that America isn't a gun-loving country anymore, due to the mass shootings we've been having.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/12/16 at 12:11 pm

Since last year I can't even count the amount of terrorist attacks and shootings that's occurred around our country or allies anymore. This attack in Orlando, Florida was planned because this is around a year from when gay marriage was legalized around the whole country. All I have to say is that thank Jesus that I'm alive and breathing everyday. Staying prayed up....

Edit: this is why having a good new president in office is a lot more important than ever now at the state this country and world is in, and it worries me that so many people are falling into Trump's plans for this country

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/12/16 at 12:23 pm

Since last year I can't even count the amount of terrorist attacks and shootings that's occurred around our country or allies anymore. This attack in Orlando, Florida was planned because this is around a year from when gay marriage was legalized around the whole country. All I have to say is that thank Jesus that I'm alive and breathing everyday. Staying prayed up....

Edit: this is why having a good new president in office is a lot more important than ever now at the state this country and world is in, and it worries me that so many people are falling into Trump's plans for this country

Now that you mention it, it sounds pretty terrifying if we have Trump as president. He'll probably think of the worst things imaginable to make this country look like a political dystopia.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/12/16 at 12:25 pm

Now that you mention it, it sounds pretty terrifying if we have Trump as president. He'll probably think of the worst things imaginable to make this country look like a political dystopia.

You should see Trump's latest tweets on this attack, it's soooo selfish and cancerous  >:(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/12/16 at 12:37 pm

You should see Trump's latest tweets on this attack, it's soooo selfish and cancerous  >:(

I never knew he actually cared about a shooting related to the LGBT community.

Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!

Why is this man our Republican nominee? Just why?  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 06/12/16 at 2:59 pm

Anyone heard of the shooting in Florida, where about 20 people were shot dead? It was at a gay club. Wow, and not in a good way.

2016, anybody?

This whole world is turning into The Wild West where everyone gets shot for no apparent reason. ::)

Written By: Howard on 06/12/16 at 3:01 pm

Cat

I don't know what's going on in people's minds these days?  :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/12/16 at 3:03 pm

I never knew he actually cared about a shooting related to the LGBT community.

Why is this man our Republican nominee? Just why?  :\'(

Because too many Republican voters are idiots.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 06/12/16 at 10:53 pm

This whole world is turning into The Wild West where everyone gets shot for no apparent reason. ::)

He didn't like um....gay people. He was a religious extremist. 

Written By: 80sfan on 06/12/16 at 10:57 pm

Cat

Although I lean towards Republican.....;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/13/16 at 8:15 am

Cat

It's sad that the Republican minority who disagrees with Trump have to deal with him in the election.

Written By: 2001 on 06/13/16 at 8:24 am

I was completely devastated when I heard the news. :( I missed my town's candlelight vigil because I had a family friend over, I still wish to pay my respects. RIP to all the vicitms.

Written By: Howard on 06/13/16 at 2:39 pm

He didn't like um....gay people. He was a religious extremist.

I like gay people but not in a sexual way, in a friendship way.

Check for new replies or respond here...