inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 49 killed at a gay club in Orlando. Worst mass shooting in US history

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/15/16 at 3:19 am

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/
I know I'm a few days late guys, but my mouse is jacked up and the weather has been pretty bad.

But anyways, I'm just at a loss for words. The terrorism in this country is getting out of control. And some people shouldn't be allowed to use guns. We have seen this time and time again. Problem is.... these type of attack are becoming more and more common and that is NOT GOOD AT ALL. >:( How much more of this crap are we gonna take? We have seen elementary schools, movie theaters, churches, workplace, and now a club. This was not just an attack on our nation, this was an attack on the of the community. My heart goes out to them, and the victims families. :\'( :\'( :\'(These tragedies need to be put to and end. This is just getting ridiculous!  >:( >:( >:(And I'm tired of it! >:( >:( >:(

Subject: Re: 49 killed at a gay club in Orlando. Worst mass shooting in US history

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/15/16 at 3:38 am

There's already mention of it in a gun control topic, but yes, 50 people is quite a number and you're completely right that shootings becoming too common is something to worry about. It makes you wonder just how close to home the next horrible mass killing could be, nothing is safe.

Survivor's stories were all over TV from morning until I went back to bed. One girl talked about how her and a friend made it out, and went back in for their third friend and hid in the bathroom with several other people when that crazy guy came back in and carried on with his rampage. Both her friends died. There was a guy on who said he just laid there as the shooter went around shooting people again to make sure they were dead, and by sheer luck he wasn't killed. Absolutely horrific.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/what-charges-could-omar-mateens-wife-noor-zahi-salman-face-230644631.html
There's an article out now saying his wife knew about his plans and claims she tried to stop him, yet was with him when he bought ammo and drove him to the club to case the building beforehand.

I'm afraid how many more incidents and bad they need to be before it's made so not just anyone can buy any type of weapon they want.

Subject: Re: 49 killed at a gay club in Orlando. Worst mass shooting in US history

Written By: mqg96 on 06/15/16 at 7:10 am

On my phone so I can't post much right now, but yeah, since summer of last year to present we've had a broken record amount of terrorist attacks and shootings and I'm getting sick and tired of all these political arguments, gun control, ignorance about religions, and of course Trump coming up with all these ignorant statements and terrible ideas like he's always done. Like I said before, with all of what Eric just said, I can't think of a more crucial time we need a president in office who know's what the hell he or she is doing more important than ever in this day and time. The timing of these rapid events or tragedies while Trump is a highly popular candidate blows mind.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/15/16 at 1:09 pm

On my phone so I can't post much right now, but yeah, since summer of last year to present we've had a broken record amount of terrorist attacks and shootings and I'm getting sick and tired of all these political arguments, gun control, ignorance about religions, and of course Trump coming up with all these ignorant statements and terrible ideas like he's always done. Like I said before, with all of what Eric just said, I can't think of a more crucial time we need a president in office who know's what the hell he or she is doing more important than ever in this day and time. The timing of these rapid events or tragedies while Trump is a highly popular candidate blows mind.

If only this site allows us to give more than one karma point, then I could gladly agree with what you're saying.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/15/16 at 1:45 pm

How do you shoot 49 people? That's just so hateful.

Written By: 2001 on 06/15/16 at 2:17 pm

Looks like he was jealous that other gay people could live so openly, while he was stuck in the closet because of his religious dad. He also sounds like he had a host of other mental issues.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/16 at 2:38 pm

I can't even fathom that amount.  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 06/15/16 at 3:00 pm

Looks like he was jealous that other gay people could live so openly, while he was stuck in the closet because of his religious dad. He also sounds like a host of other mental issues.

Yeah, I heard he might have had problems with his own sexuality, himself.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/15/16 at 3:02 pm

I can't even fathom that amount.  :o

:o

Written By: JordanK1982 on 06/15/16 at 3:04 pm

Apparently when this dude was in high school, on 9/11, he went around making plane noises and pretending to crash into buildings. Screwed up sh!t.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/15/16 at 3:09 pm

Apparently when this dude was in high school, on 9/11, he went around making plane noises and pretending to crash into buildings. Screwed up sh!t.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b8/04/6f/b8046fdab2683ce750caafab93bb8964.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 06/15/16 at 3:11 pm

Wow, he was a really messed up person.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/15/16 at 3:22 pm

ANYONE who can kill for the sake of killing is pretty f***ed up if you ask me. It doesn't matter his/her religion, race, sexual orientation, nationality, political affiliation, or anything else. 

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/15/16 at 3:23 pm

He's mentally ill.  ::)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 06/15/16 at 4:12 pm

Wow, he was a really messed up person.

Just reading some of the sh!t about this guy... Yeah, pretty f*cked in the head...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/15/16 at 4:44 pm

The police did kill him, right?

Written By: mqg96 on 06/15/16 at 4:48 pm

I thought the shooter killed himself?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/15/16 at 4:54 pm

Yeah the police got him!

Written By: mqg96 on 06/15/16 at 5:27 pm

Yeah the police got him!

I thought the shooter killed himself?

Oops my bad people, I'm thinking of the shooter who killed the female singer from the Voice earlier last week, which was in Orlando, Florida too!  :o

It's sad that I got mixed up because of multiple shootings happening in a short span in the same city.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/16/16 at 6:42 am

Looks like he was jealous that other gay people could live so openly, while he was stuck in the closet because of his religious dad. He also sounds like he had a host of other mental issues.

I think that's exactly it. He had to be closeted if he was frequenting that bar and using gay dating apps. His culture conflicts with this and he'd lose face if his secret was found out.

Written By: nally on 06/16/16 at 11:40 am

Just reading some of the sh!t about this guy... Yeah, pretty f*cked in the head...

That's what I've been thinking as well... I don't know why there are so many sickos in the world. 8-P

Written By: Howard on 06/16/16 at 3:54 pm

You wouldn't want to be near him on public transportation.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/16 at 3:55 pm

Yeah the police got him!

So what will become of his wife? ???

Written By: Howard on 06/16/16 at 3:56 pm

I think that's exactly it. He had to be closeted if he was frequenting that bar and using gay dating apps. His culture conflicts with this and he'd lose face if his secret was found out.

So he was gay himself? ???

Written By: Emman on 06/16/16 at 4:40 pm

So what will become of his wife? ???

Looks like she's facing probable prison time(I think she drove him to the club?).

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/16/16 at 6:39 pm

Yeah the police got him!

Oh yeah. The cops really ventilated that mofo.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/17/16 at 8:00 am

So he was gay himself? ???

Signs pointed to it, but we don't know yet.

Written By: Howard on 06/17/16 at 8:09 am

Looks like she's facing probable prison time(I think she drove him to the club?).

Who will take care of the kid?

Written By: Howard on 06/17/16 at 8:10 am

Signs pointed to it, but we don't know yet.

that is so weird, How can one person be gay, go to a gay nightclub and shoot GAY people? Why would you shoot your own kind? ::)

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/17/16 at 8:16 am

that is so weird, How can one person be gay, go to a gay nightclub and shoot GAY people? Why would you shoot your own kind? ::)

His religion and culture are against it, and if his family got wind of it he could have been disowned or who knows what. It's either remain in the closet or face whatever negative reaction friends and relatives may have, be shunned by his culture and faith community? Stuff like that could drive a person to a breaking point. Pure speculation anyway.  :-\\

Written By: JordanK1982 on 06/17/16 at 11:13 am

I definitely think the dude was closeted. I read he had a gay friend in high school and they used to go to "drag shows" or something like that. That, plus the fact that he frequented gay clubs? Yeah, it's pretty clear what was up. To make things worse, his own father even said something to the effect of "I don't care or miss anything about him."

Check for new replies or respond here...