inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who else can't wait for Millennial culture to end?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/24/16 at 11:42 pm

I hate Millennial culture and Millennial culture is why 2016 sucks so much. Bring on Generation Z culture.

Subject: Re: Who else can't wait for Millennial culture to end?

Written By: muppethammer26 on 06/25/16 at 12:27 am

I hate Millennial culture and Millennial culture is why 2016 sucks so much. Bring on Generation Z culture.

and the 2010's in general.

Written By: Sita0 on 06/25/16 at 12:34 am

You can look forward to the future, but know that as you get older, it may remind you less and less of your past.

I try to appreciate pop culture as it is as well as reflecting fondly on the past.

You can't change what's out there much. There's no point in grousing about it.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 06/25/16 at 12:44 am

The 2010's is the decades version of California. Many people I know hate this decade due to many reasons and many can't wait to go to the next decade, just like how many people hate California for many reasons and many want to move out of that state.

Written By: Arrowstone on 06/25/16 at 6:59 am

I don't feel it to be Millennial anymore since 2013/4. I'm not in sync anymore.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/25/16 at 8:52 am

I'm hoping the late 2010s would be better. The early 2010s were godawful towards my personal life, especially when I had to cope with my autism at the time. The mid 2010s were just horrendous with all the mass shootings, celebrity deaths, and political events. I don't know what the late 2010s would bring to most people, but I hope it wouldn't have to deal with Trump winning the presidency.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/25/16 at 8:53 am

The 2010's is the decades version of California. Many people I know hate this decade due to many reasons and many can't wait to go to the next decade, just like how many people hate California for many reasons and many want to move out of that state.

I'm guessing that the 2010s is like California because of how liberal it is. Especially San Francisco.

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/25/16 at 8:59 am

2016 is actually one of the better years of this decade. It still sucks, just not as bad as the other years of the mid 10's (particularly late 2013/2014).

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/25/16 at 9:23 am

2016 is actually one of the better years of this decade. It still sucks, just not as bad as the other years of the mid 10's (particularly late 2013/2014).

I could actually tolerate 2014 more because that's when politics weren't going crazy as hell.

Written By: 2001 on 06/25/16 at 6:47 pm

Why do people hate California? If I was moving to the US, it would be that state lol. The weather and scenery looks amazing.

Anyway, I don't think this Gen X/Y/Z stuff dictates music trends. Someone born 1983 is going to have a completely different musical history from someone born 1995 despite both being millennials. The big shift in pop music already took place in 2008/9. I feel like we've moved away from the rap and pop-rock era to the electronic music era ever since.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/25/16 at 7:09 pm

Whaaaat? That is so mean >:(

And I don't care if I sound insensitive!

I'm logging out.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/25/16 at 7:35 pm

I think Millennial culture is pretty much over. It seems like next year will be entirely Z culture. Currently, most pop culture is targeted towards that generation. Only a small fraction is towards Millennials.

Wait, do you live here?

I'm guessing that the 2010s is like California because of how liberal it is. Especially San Francisco.
Not all of this state is liberal. There are plenty of areas here that are conservative.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/25/16 at 7:38 pm

Not all of this state is liberal. There are plenty of areas here that are conservative.

Like the rural areas?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/25/16 at 8:39 pm

I think Millennial culture is pretty much over. It seems like next year will be entirely Z culture. Currently, most pop culture is targeted towards that generation. Only a small fraction is towards Millennials.

So basically you answered my thread question. You don't think us Millennials are the target audience anymore....

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/25/16 at 8:42 pm

Wait, do you live here?

Today's culture is late Millennial. Targeted at 1995-2000 borns.

Depending on if you end Millennial in 2000 or 2001, there will probably be this big cultural shift in 2018 or 2019. The same as the big shift in 1999. Today is the Millennial equivalent as 1996 or 1997 was for Xers.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/25/16 at 8:43 pm

Why do people hate California? If I was moving to the US, it would be that state lol. The weather and scenery looks amazing.

Anyway, I don't think this Gen X/Y/Z stuff dictates music trends. Someone born 1983 is going to have a completely different musical history from someone born 1995 despite both being millennials. The big shift in pop music already took place in 2008/9. I feel like we've moved away from the rap and pop-rock era to the electronic music era ever since.

Now it's like this bland blend of pop rap and electronic where everything sounds garbled and indistinct.
Electronic was more 2008-2011.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/25/16 at 9:19 pm

Like the rural areas?
Yeah

Today's culture is late Millennial. Targeted at 1995-2000 borns.

Depending on if you end Millennial in 2000 or 2001, there will probably be this big cultural shift in 2018 or 2019. The same as the big shift in 1999. Today is the Millennial equivalent as 1996 or 1997 was for Xers.
I'm not sure if it still is. Pop culture has been targeting late Millennials since 2014 and it could be done by next year. Remember that the oldest Zers are also part of the audience.

I think the last Millennials are those who just graduated HS. If you noticed, they're the youngest to vote in this year's election. They're the college C/O 2020. They are most likely to be the youngest in their family.

So basically you answered my thread question. You don't think us Millennials are the target audience anymore....
Well yeah. Right now, it's towards the Y/Z cusp leaning more towards the Plurals. In addition, most Millennials are over the target age, but that doesn't mean you cant enjoy the pop culture anymore.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/25/16 at 10:07 pm

I'm not sure if it still is. Pop culture has been targeting late Millennials since 2014 and it could be done by next year. Remember that the oldest Zers are also part of the audience.

I think the last Millennials are those who just graduated HS. If you noticed, they're the youngest to vote in this year's election. They're the college C/O 2020. They are most likely to be the youngest in their family.

There were lots of older Millennials who listened to music in 1996 but 1996 was still a clear Gen X year and 1997 was mostly Gen X.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/25/16 at 11:20 pm

There were lots of older Millennials who listened to music in 1996 but 1996 was still a clear Gen X year and 1997 was mostly Gen X.
Oh there sure were. There is absolutely nothing wrong with listening to another's music or even enjoying their pop culture. Heck, there were even Xers who enjoyed the Boomer pop culture when it was current.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/26/16 at 1:48 am

Yeah

Well yeah. Right now, it's towards the Y/Z cusp leaning more towards the Plurals. In addition, most Millennials are over the target age, but that doesn't mean you cant enjoy the pop culture anymore.

So you think 1999-2000/01 both are early Plurals? Interesting.
Some view them as the last Millennials.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/26/16 at 6:40 am

Whaaaat? That is so mean >:(

And I don't care if I sound insensitive!

I'm logging out.

:\'(

Written By: mqg96 on 06/26/16 at 7:03 am

I've also come to conclusion that 1946-1964 A.K.A. Baby Boomers is the only full generation that's 100% clear. The rest are not clear enough, although, as days go by, Gen Z starts getting more and more clear, because of all the articles I've been seeing lately. 12 year periods such as 1965-1976 being Gen X and 1983-1994 being Gen Y are 90% clear. 6 year periods defined as generational transitions are not 100% clear, such as 1977-1982 being X/Y cusp or 1995-2000 being Y/Z cusp. Since we're in the year 2016 which is 1998 born's coming of age year, that means this is the first year the pop culture leans towards Z rather than Y according to my definition. I've been looking at articles lately talking about the Class of 2016 graduating and almost all of them consider them as part of the early cohort of Gen Z. It doesn't really matter to me. Millennial culture, plural culture, or not. Whatever I do in life or participate in life is what I'm going to enjoy. Music, movies, TV shows, games, twitter, facebook, instagram, etc. It doesn't matter. Whether someone labels me as last cohort of the Y generation or the first cohort of Z. I'm completely find. People need to stop making a big deal over this.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/26/16 at 9:58 am

:\'(

I'm sooo sorry! Did I really make you cry? :(

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/26/16 at 11:16 am

Some view them as the last Millennials
Well I originally thought of them as the last Millennials, but after some time has passed and thinking about the factors such as traits, atmosphere, events and other misc., I'm now starting to think they truly aren't.

One, they won't be able to vote until 2020. So, if one is too young to cast a ballot in this year's election, there's no way they can be Millennials.

Two, most of them generally have Gen X parents which makes them have a different attitude compared to the Millennials.

Three, the current atmosphere has been terrible for them. With all these unexpected attacks occurring, they are now wondering if it's going to the new norm.

Four, the Great Recession didn't affect them as much as the Millennials. Since their parents already had years of work experience, they were able to nearly avoid it.

Five, the pop culture is leaning more towards the Plurals as most Millennials either have aged out or are aging out of the audience; however, there are some things that still target Millennials.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/26/16 at 12:24 pm

Some view them as the last Millennials.

Honestly, anybody born between November 9, 1998 to early 2001 are probably considered early Plurals. Considering that those born after Election Day aren't even old enough to vote, I should consider them to be early Plurals.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/26/16 at 12:26 pm

I'm sooo sorry! Did I really make you cry? :(

No. I thought you were quitting this site..... just kidding  ;D

You're amazing!

Written By: violet_shy on 06/26/16 at 12:57 pm

No. I thought you were quitting this site..... just kidding  ;D

You're amazing!

Nah, I never leave here. Too many great members, and interesting topics.  :)

Subject: The late 10s are coming in -- Hoverboard Choreography

Written By: 2001 on 06/26/16 at 2:10 pm

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0c7mBndXCi4/V1emE-MJgcI/AAAAAAAACoA/zLoHVFm6aRECqZkVb2uELNmNvQnGcK7-Q/w400-h225-rw/HillaryItsHappening_2.gif

You guys asked for Generation Z culture, well here you have it. It always starts off with teen pop doesn't it?

wDo4uPvPcV8

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/26/16 at 2:25 pm

I've also come to conclusion that 1946-1964 A.K.A. Baby Boomers is the only full generation that's 100% clear. The rest are not clear enough, although, as days go by, Gen Z starts getting more and more clear, because of all the articles I've been seeing lately. 12 year periods such as 1965-1976 being Gen X and 1983-1994 being Gen Y are 90% clear. 6 year periods defined as generational transitions are not 100% clear, such as 1977-1982 being X/Y cusp or 1995-2000 being Y/Z cusp. Since we're in the year 2016 which is 1998 born's coming of age year, that means this is the first year the pop culture leans towards Z rather than Y according to my definition. I've been looking at articles lately talking about the Class of 2016 graduating and almost all of them consider them as part of the early cohort of Gen Z. It doesn't really matter to me. Millennial culture, plural culture, or not. Whatever I do in life or participate in life is what I'm going to enjoy. Music, movies, TV shows, games, twitter, facebook, instagram, etc. It doesn't matter. Whether someone labels me as last cohort of the Y generation or the first cohort of Z. I'm completely find. People need to stop making a big deal over this.

You could also say Baby Boomers were born from 1946 to 1957 to keep in with the 12 year periods.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/26/16 at 2:43 pm

You could also say Baby Boomers were born from 1946 to 1957 to keep in with the 12 year periods.

That's ridiculous. Everyone born in the 50s are clearly boomers.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/26/16 at 3:42 pm

You totally don't understand my post. I said that Baby Boomers is the only generation that's 100 clear with going 19 years from 1946-1964. The other generations like X, Y, or Z aren't 100% clear because of all the debates and they can't be as long as the Boomers because of how technology is becoming more advanced and fast paced in society which is making generations much shorter now. A lot of people on here don't want to accept this, but 20 years is too long for modern generations now. 15 to 16 years at the max. Even Slowpoke said that 20 year periods from Gen Y and onwards wouldn't make sense. Of course, Gen X, Y, & Z goes 15-16 years on average, but my point is that 1965-1976 is the peak of X and 1983-1994 is the peak of Y, since every source online I know are clear on those years being part of their generations. While 1977-1982 X/Y and 1995-2000 Y/Z are transitional periods or on the cusp of their generations. Almost every recent article considers 1998 born's or Class of 2016 to be part of the Z generation, not Y.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 06/26/16 at 4:15 pm

You totally don't understand my post. I said that Baby Boomers is the only generation that's 100 clear with going 19 years from 1946-1964. The other generations like X, Y, or Z aren't 100% clear because of all the debates and they can't be as long as the Boomers because of how technology is becoming more advanced and fast paced in society which is making generations much shorter now. A lot of people on here don't want to accept this, but 20 years is too long for modern generations now. 15 to 16 years at the max. Even Slowpoke said that 20 year periods from Gen Y and onwards wouldn't make sense. Of course, Gen X, Y, & Z goes 15-16 years on average, but my point is that 1965-1976 is the peak of X and 1983-1994 is the peak of Y, since every source online I know are clear on those years being part of their generations. While 1977-1982 X/Y and 1995-2000 Y/Z are transitional periods or on the cusp of their generations. Almost every recent article considers 1998 born's or Class of 2016 to be part of the Z generation, not Y.

Some people still do long generation periods today, sometimes giving Millennials 20 years, usually around 1980-2000. Technology changes have nothing to do with generation spans.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/26/16 at 4:20 pm

I do understand. I've just heard people born at the beginning of that generation say they don't consider anyone born past 1956 or 1957 to be Boomers because they weren't teens/adolescents in the 60s or early 70s and don't remember the JFK assassination or anything around the time of the early 60s (the last of what they considered the 50s).

Written By: mqg96 on 06/26/16 at 5:43 pm

Some people still do long generation periods today, sometimes giving Millennials 20 years, usually around 1980-2000. Technology changes have nothing to do with generation spans.

Compare a 1981 or 1982 born's childhood and adolescence to a 1999 or 2000 born's childhood and adolescence. It feels like two completely different worlds when it comes to the pop culture, world events, and most importantly the level of technology. Compare a 1946 born's childhood to a 1964 born's childhood, other than the civil rights and segregation laws being different their childhoods from a technology standpoint weren't much different. Well, I honestly can't speak for someone who's 30+ years older than me anyway, and speaking of 30 years. The average age parents are when they have children is in fact age 30. Parents are usually two generations ahead of their children, and what's 30 divided by 2? 15 years, the average span for a generation. I can understand generations being 20-25 years back in the early-mid 20th century, but with where society is now it's about 15 or 16 years at the max.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/26/16 at 5:50 pm

Sorry, but this "every odd numbered decade is one generation" theorem really set off alarm bells in my nerdy math brain. If we follow this rule, then everyone in the 2010s is one generation, 2030s is another generation. By ending Millennials at 2000, you've preordained every generation to last 20 years or more.

Gen Z: 2001-2020
Gen Alpha: 2021-2040
Gen Beta: 2041-2060
Gen Gamma: 2061-2080
etc.

The only way this cycle breaks is if a generation lasts more than 20 years, which is obviously too long because someone could easily get married and have kids in their early 20s, creating a literal different generation. "Every odd numbered decade is the same generation" is an interesting observation, but as a theory it runs into mathematical problems. Also, the whole idea of preordaining someone born in 2043 to be in the same cultural generation as someone born in 2058 sounds like a bit much to me, nobody knows what will happen in the future.

Written By: Richbrings2life on 06/26/16 at 8:53 pm

So since you've said that generations in today's society are usually 15-16 yearsapprox, would it make sense that millennial generation are those born between 1981 and 1997? Since this generation have
Teen years from late 1990's to early 2010's? Correct t me if Im wrong according to your opinion?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/26/16 at 9:00 pm

If you really want millennial culture to end badly enough, you can always vote for Donald Trump.    :o :o :o

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/mushroomcloud.gif

Subject: Re: The late 10s are coming in -- Hoverboard Choreography

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/26/16 at 9:49 pm

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0c7mBndXCi4/V1emE-MJgcI/AAAAAAAACoA/zLoHVFm6aRECqZkVb2uELNmNvQnGcK7-Q/w400-h225-rw/HillaryItsHappening_2.gif

You guys asked for Generation Z culture, well here you have it. It always starts off with teen pop doesn't it?

wDo4uPvPcV8

Man, those Plurals just ruin everything, don't they? Our teen pop was way better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7RPvOOjCvE

Written By: tv on 06/26/16 at 10:28 pm

Man, those Plurals just ruin everything, don't they? Our teen pop was way better!

O'Town had their haters though.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/26/16 at 10:40 pm

O'Town had their haters though.

Better than anything on the 2016 pop charts.

Written By: tv on 06/26/16 at 11:15 pm

Better than anything on the 2016 pop charts.
That Mike Posner song is alright though.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/26/16 at 11:29 pm

I do understand. I've just heard people born at the beginning of that generation say they don't consider anyone born past 1956 or 1957 to be Boomers because they weren't teens/adolescents in the 60s or early 70s and don't remember the JFK assassination or anything around the time of the early 60s (the last of what they considered the 50s).

Those born in the late 50s and early 60s are simply late boomers........

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/26/16 at 11:38 pm

I wonder what arctic fox feels about the comments I've been reading?! :o

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/27/16 at 12:00 am

And after reading a few of the comments, it got me very irritated! I'm bout to go on a little rant for a minute, but I need to get this off my chest now.

I'm damn tired and I mean.... SICK and TIRED of seeing transitions, cups, in between generations etc. it's getting VERY annoying.  >:( Anyone born in the 10s is the greatest generation, anyone born in the 30s is silent, anyone born in the 50s is boomer, anyone born in the 70s is gen X, and almost anyone born in the 90s is millennial.

Once agin sorry for the rant I just had to get that off my chest! ;D ;)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/27/16 at 12:12 am

Oh yeah I forgot to ask, who locked the grading the decades thread?

Written By: mqg96 on 06/27/16 at 1:16 am

And after reading a few of the comments, it got me very irritated! I'm bout to go on a little rant for a minute, but I need to get this off my chest now.

I'm damn tired and I mean.... SICK and TIRED of seeing transitions, cups, in between generations etc. it's getting VERY annoying.  >:( Anyone born in the 10s is the greatest generation, anyone born in the 30s is silent, anyone born in the 50s is boomer, anyone born in the 70s is gen X, and almost anyone born in the 90s is millennial.

I apologize if I made you upset, and I see where you are coming from, but like I said before, generations are becoming shorter now due to the level of technology that has become more faster paced and more advanced. Even Generation X doesn't last 20 years either. Back in the 19th or early-mid 20th century it was ok for generations to last for 20-30 years, but now generations can only last for 15-16 years at the max, heck even soon maybe even between 10-14 years. The transitions and cusps between generations is not my opinion. It's not what I came up with, so don't blame me for it. Blame the people who makes these articles about the generational (stereotypes) growing up.

I mean, don't these articles tell you enough what most of the demographics are saying now? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z

http://www.businessinsider.com/retailers-should-be-scared-of-millennials-and-gen-z-2016-6

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/entertainment/meet-generation-z/2016/05/25/290c2c00-21db-11e6-b944-52f7b1793dae_video.html

http://www.inc.com/john-boitnott/generation-z-and-the-workplace-what-you-need-to-know-.html

http://www.inc.com/peter-economy/5-surprising-things-you-should-know-about-generation-z.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/advertising-week/the-battle-brands-face-fo_b_10335424.html

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/through-the-eyes-of-generation-z/article30571914/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-burrus/gen-z-will-change-your-wo_b_9150214.html

http://www.wsj.com/articles/for-generation-z-email-has-become-a-rite-of-passage-1460347264

Edit: this is why I'm sick of the generational stuff period. It doesn't matter to me whether I'm a millennial, plural, or whatever the hell I'm apart of lmao.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/27/16 at 2:31 am

That Mike Posner song is alright though.

He's still around? I like the song Cooler than Me but that's all I've heard of him.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/27/16 at 2:54 am

From that statement, I say that means they don't actually exist and people are only using cusps to either attach themselves to another generation because they hate the one they're in or they're used to infuriate others.

Unfortunately, the Oregon Trail cohort  (X/Y Cusp) probably have a difficult time accepting there are no transitions because they see themselves as one group since they don't identify with either generation.

I apologize if I made you upset, and I see where you are coming from, but like I said before, generations are becoming shorter now due to the level of technology that has become more faster paced and more advanced. Even Generation X doesn't last 20 years either. Back in the 19th or early-mid 20th century it was ok for generations to last for 20-30 years, but now generations can only last for 15-16 years at the max, heck even soon maybe even between 10-14 years. The transitions and cusps between generations is not my opinion. It's not what I came up with, so don't blame me for it. Blame the people who makes these articles about the generational (stereotypes) growing up.

I mean, don't these articles tell you enough what most of the demographics are saying now? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z

http://www.businessinsider.com/retailers-should-be-scared-of-millennials-and-gen-z-2016-6

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/entertainment/meet-generation-z/2016/05/25/290c2c00-21db-11e6-b944-52f7b1793dae_video.html

http://www.inc.com/john-boitnott/generation-z-and-the-workplace-what-you-need-to-know-.html

http://www.inc.com/peter-economy/5-surprising-things-you-should-know-about-generation-z.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/advertising-week/the-battle-brands-face-fo_b_10335424.html

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/through-the-eyes-of-generation-z/article30571914/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-burrus/gen-z-will-change-your-wo_b_9150214.html

http://www.wsj.com/articles/for-generation-z-email-has-become-a-rite-of-passage-1460347264

Edit: this is why I'm sick of the generational stuff period. It doesn't matter to me whether I'm a millennial, plural, or whatever the hell I'm apart of lmao.
Just because technology is reaching a quicker pace doesn't mean that generations are getting shorter especially that no group has ever been described by game changing inventions.

As for generations itself, I think it would be best to check them out using scholarly databases. They definitely have more information on these groups considering this all falls under sociology. Now, the generation names for each cohort are still used by academic professionals which means that the surface sites we get the terms from have actually been citing scholar research as sources.

Written By: 2001 on 06/27/16 at 11:35 am

Bro, you know me, all about that Backstreet Boys life LOL

4fndeDfaWCg

They were playing this at a sing along at this summer camp thing I went to. I was screaming the lyrics at the top of my lungs LOL I was having more fun than the kids.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/27/16 at 12:46 pm

Bro, you know me, all about that Backstreet Boys life LOL

4fndeDfaWCg

They were playing this at a sing along at this summer camp thing I went to. I was screaming the lyrics at the top of my lungs LOL I was having more fun than the kids.
I agree with both of you. I was listening to some of those songs sometime ago and they brought me back ;D. In addition, it wasn't all that teenybopper as people made it out to be. Some of the lyrics actually had some hidden messages behind them and they had rung true as well.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/27/16 at 1:14 pm

I don't know about mellenial culture but I can't wait for the 2010s to end. The 2010s are the worst decade in history. Too bad we're only a little past halfway finished.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 06/27/16 at 1:21 pm

I don't know about mellenial culture but I can't wait for the 2010s to end. The 2010s are the worst decade in history. Too bad we're only a little past halfway finished.

This doesn't mean the 2020's could be as worse as the 2010's. The 2020's could be way better than the 2010's, if things turn right.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/27/16 at 1:23 pm

The 2010s are the worst decade in history.

Uh, I'm pretty sure that the millions of people in Europe and Asia who suffered under Hitler and Stalin and the Empire of Japan during the 1940's would probably disagree with you. 

Written By: Slim95 on 06/27/16 at 1:25 pm

Uh, I'm pretty sure that the millions of people in Europe and Asia who suffered under Hitler and Stalin and the Empire of Japan during the 1940's would probably disagree with you.

No offense to them, but I am more concerned about the decades I lived through. So far the 00s is the best decade ever and the 10s is the worst decade ever.

Written By: 2001 on 06/27/16 at 3:16 pm

If you really want millennial culture to end badly enough, you can always vote for Donald Trump.    :o :o :o

"End Millennial Culture!"... that wouldn't be a bad campaign slogan  :o

"We're going to end millennial culture, we're going to end millennial culture. Finish. Pow pow pow boom. And It's going to beautiful, let me tell ya. We're going to take our country back from millennials and make America great again. No one can end millennial culture like I can, trust me."

I agree with both of you. I was listening to some of those songs sometime ago and they brought me back ;D. In addition, it wasn't all that teenybopper as people made it out to be. Some of the lyrics actually had some hidden messages behind them and they had rung true as well.

I could listen to those songs as a kid, and again for the nostalgic value, but if every other song on the radio sounded like those today it would drive me crazy. ;D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/27/16 at 4:42 pm

You good Marquis. :)  I was just sick of seeing this crap in general. ;)
My anger was directed towards those morons that make those cancerous threads and lists!  >:(

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/27/16 at 4:45 pm

After reading slims comments and even slowpokes to a degree, I see that 2000s fans HATE the 10s and the 10s fans despise the 2000s. :o ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/27/16 at 5:04 pm

Yeah, I would rather be identified as a 2000s kid than being part of Generation Z. I basically think that being in the same generation with 2010s kids is really confusing, since they don't have anything in common with me.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/27/16 at 5:10 pm

Yeah, I would rather be identified as a 2000s kid than being part of Generation Z. I basically think that being in the same generation with 2010s kids is really confusing, since they don't have anything in common with me.

What bout the "eldest 10s kids?"

Written By: 2001 on 06/27/16 at 5:52 pm

I'm the eldest 10s kid.  ;)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/27/16 at 6:11 pm

If you're talking about those born in 2002-mid 2006, then I guess they're mostly core Gen Z. It's a bit confusing, since they could remember stuff before the 2010s, but not that much. It's not like those born in late 2006-2010, who could just be called as 2010s kids without a problem since they don't remember the 2000s precisely.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/28/16 at 12:14 pm

After reading slims comments and even slowpokes to a degree, I see that 2000s fans HATE the 10s and the 10s fans despise the 2000s. :o ;D
Not me! ;) I like both eras, but there are some things from both that I don't like. 

I could listen to those songs as a kid, and again for the nostalgic value, but if every other song on the radio sounded like those today it would drive me crazy. ;D

Probably the same with me as well. That's why it's better have variety which is what this decade regarding music seems to be lacking.

Written By: 2001 on 06/28/16 at 5:31 pm

Not me! ;) I like both eras, but there are some things from both that I don't like. 
Probably the same with me as well. That's why it's better have variety which is what this decade regarding music seems to be lacking.

Oh, I meant that if I first listened to those songs as a 23 year old, I'd probably hate them. ;D Them being the only songs on the radio would be even worse  :o

Written By: Red Ant on 06/29/16 at 9:49 am

By what standard? What country do you live in? There's only a handful of places in the world right now where conditions are truly hideous.

Personally, the 2000s were worse for me than any other arbitrary 10 year span, however it still was miles better than the 1860s or 1930s. Hell, just having refrigeration, a/c and power makes my worst day here better than the best days would be in the 19th century and before.

Perspective.

Ant

Written By: Slim95 on 06/29/16 at 10:00 am

By what standard? What country do you live in? There's only a handful of places in the world right now where conditions are truly hideous.

Personally, the 2000s were worse for me than any other arbitrary 10 year span, however it still was miles better than the 1860s or 1930s. Hell, just having refrigeration, a/c and power makes my worst day here better than the best days would be in the 19th century and before.

Perspective.

Ant

The standard is my opinion and how I feel.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/29/16 at 10:09 am

Honestly, the 2010s weren't historically bad. Sure, the US politics seem godawful, but we had uneducated Americans even before the founding of the country. Even then, there are worse decades than the 2010s that seem to be terrible. The 1860s, 1910s, 1930s, and the 1940s seem to have a more scarring history than the 2010s.

Written By: #Infinity on 06/29/16 at 10:12 am

I would say the 2010s are the worst decade since the 1950s, but I also agree they're still far more bearable than eras of war and famine.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/29/16 at 10:39 am

I would say the 2010s are the worst decade since the 1950s, but I also agree they're still far more bearable than eras of war and famine.

Even though the early 1950s had the Red Scare, where everybody was afraid of reading anything that was communist to Joseph McCarthy.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/29/16 at 10:41 am

Yeah, especially with the era of technology we've been since the 80's or 90's, it's easy to say that the best decade ever was whenever you were a kid and the worse decade ever is whenever you were going through your teen or young adult years, but some people feel the complete opposite. Some people had a horrible/traumatizing childhood and they really loved their teen and young adult years. It's just complete bias. Try going in a time machine and survive around the 17th-19th century for a whole year, then you'd be crying to go back to our present day and time. We're blessed that God made us be born in around this current era. All of us could have easily been born hundreds of years ago and lived in a complete different time where you didn't have the same privileges, technology, and pop culture like we do today.

Written By: #Infinity on 06/29/16 at 11:18 am

Even though the early 1950s had the Red Scare, where everybody was afraid of reading anything that was communist to Joseph McCarthy.

I meant of all decades following the 50s, the 2010s have been the lousiest. The 50s were worse than the 2010s for the very reason you listed above. If you weren't a straight WASP, the 50s were a living nightmare.

Written By: 2001 on 06/29/16 at 2:44 pm

The 2010s have been

http://i.imgur.com/W3DL62I.gif

Written By: muppethammer26 on 06/29/16 at 3:03 pm

What would happen in about 20 or more years, when people look back at the 2010's and how people would think of the 2010's?

Written By: bchris02 on 06/29/16 at 4:02 pm

The 2010s aren't bad.  I am not a big fan at all of 2013 and 2014, but most of the decade hasn't been that bad.

The next cultural shift will probably be more unpalatable to '80s borns than the previous one.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/29/16 at 4:14 pm

I actually agree with NY and Jacqueline, the 2010s has been one of the worst decades a very long time.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/29/16 at 4:17 pm

The 2010s aren't bad.  I am not a big fan at all of 2013 and 2014, but most of the decade hasn't been that bad.

Yea they kinda are..... I'd take 2013 and 2014 over this piece of sh*t year. 2015 kinda sucked too.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/29/16 at 5:16 pm

The next cultural shift will probably be more unpalatable to '80s borns than the previous one.

2013 is the only 10s year I like. And when I say it's the wordt decade in history, I don't mean it literally. I mean in my life.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/29/16 at 5:26 pm

Yea they kinda are..... I'd take 2013 and 2014 over this piece of sh*t year. 2015 kinda sucked too.

This year for my personal life has been better than 2015 so far, but not by that much. The terrorist attacks (Turkey recently), shootings, and all of these major deaths (Buddy Ryan and Pat Summit recently) have ruined it for me so far. So overall I miss 2010-2014 and the early 2010's in general. Heck, even most of 2013 despite that bad semester of junior year, the atmosphere and lifestyle overall was much better then. Late 2016 and 2017 will be huge for our country and pop culture. How will our new president effect this country? Will ISIS and all the shootings/attacks continue to get worse to the point where it's leading to a really huge attack that might force us to go into a new war? A lot of questions will be answered the next several months.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/29/16 at 5:42 pm

Oh, I meant that if I first listened to those songs as a 23 year old, I'd probably hate them. ;D Them being the only songs on the radio would be even worse  :o
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I see. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Try going in a time machine and survive around the 17th-19th century for a whole year, then you'd be crying to go back to our present day and time.

All of us could have easily been born hundreds of years ago and lived in a complete different time where you didn't have the same privileges, technology, and pop culture like we do today.

That solely depends. If you're strictly speaking about the U.S., then I understand as there was many terrible things occurring; however, there are people who do admire those centuries in different countries and wish to experience them. 19th century America was totally unalike from 19th century England.

Unfortunately, We all still don't have same privileges today. I agree that we have some better ones than some others; however, all of us in one way or another still have less benefits.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I agree. This year is not terrible at all for me aside from some things, but I'll take 2013 and 2014 anytime.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/30/16 at 4:45 pm

Yeah, especially with the era of technology we've been since the 80's or 90's, it's easy to say that the best decade ever was whenever you were a kid and the worse decade ever is whenever you were going through your teen or young adult years, but some people feel the complete opposite. Some people had a horrible/traumatizing childhood and they really loved their teen and young adult years. It's just complete bias. Try going in a time machine and survive around the 17th-19th century for a whole year, then you'd be crying to go back to our present day and time. We're blessed that God made us be born in around this current era. All of us could have easily been born hundreds of years ago and lived in a complete different time where you didn't have the same privileges, technology, and pop culture like we do today.

Exactly! And not only that. Heaven forbid we should wear a Powdered wig from the 17th century...I wouldn't lol!

Check for new replies or respond here...