inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Finding Dory remains top of the US box office

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/27/16 at 5:45 am

Finding Dory has remained at the top of the US box office for a second week, as Independence Day: Resurgence came in second place. The Disney Pixar film took $73.2m (£54.6m), while The Independence Day sequel took a disappointing $41.6m (£31m). Blake Lively's shark thriller The Shallows did better than expected, taking $16.7m (£12.4m). Filmed in Australia, came in fourth and only cost $17m (£12.7m) to make.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36638800

Subject: Re: Finding Dory remains top of the US box office

Written By: 2001 on 06/27/16 at 8:21 am

Oh darn, I still need to watch it, as well as Conjuring 2. I heard they're both decent.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/27/16 at 8:23 am

Oh darn, I still need to watch it, as well as Conjuring 2. I heard they're both decent.
Same for me, my list of recent films is building up to.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/27/16 at 11:29 am

My sister has already seen the movie, and one of my cousins had friends who have seen the movie, and both of them told me that on opening weekend there were hardly any kids in the movie theater, and there were mostly teens and young adults taking up the seats to see Finding Dory. It's unbelievable. This might be the first kid movie I'm interested in since Toy Story 3 from six years ago.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/30/16 at 2:22 pm

My sister has already seen the movie, and one of my cousins had friends who have seen the movie, and both of them told me that on opening weekend there were hardly any kids in the movie theater, and there were mostly teens and young adults taking up the seats to see Finding Dory. It's unbelievable. This might be the first kid movie I'm interested in since Toy Story 3 from six years ago.

Well it's not really unbelievable considering Finding Nemo came out when these teens and adults were little kids back in 2003. So if there was a Zootopia 2 released in 2029, the kids of today who will be teens and adults in 2029 will go out and watch that.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/30/16 at 2:37 pm

I was sort of interested to watch Finding Dory, but I went to watch The Conjuring 2 during its opening weekend.

Check for new replies or respond here...