inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hugh Laurie receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame, and other

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/29/16 at 5:15 am

Hugh Laurie, Ryan Reynolds and Eva Longoria are to be awarded stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The brass stars emblazoned on Hollywood Boulevard honour personalities from music, film and TV for achievement in the entertainment industry. Mark Ruffalo, Amy Adams, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Goldie Hawn and Chris Pratt have also been announced as star recipients. They will be honoured at the famous landmark in Los Angeles in 2017.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36660326

Subject: Re: Hugh Laurie receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame, and other

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/16 at 8:43 am

And new edition!

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/16 at 8:46 am

More than likely....depending on my work schedule....I will attend a few of these ceremonies.

Over the years I've been to a few:

Melissa McCarthy
Malcolm McDowell
James Franco
Kate Winslett
Bryan Cranston
Ellen Degeneres

And probably a few others I've forgotten about.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/29/16 at 9:01 am

More than likely....depending on my work schedule....I will attend a few of these ceremonies.

Over the years I've been to a few:

Melissa McCarthy
Malcolm McDowell
James Franco
Kate Winslett
Bryan Cranston
Ellen Degeneres

And probably a few others I've forgotten about.

O0

Written By: Howard on 06/29/16 at 2:53 pm

Hugh Laurie, Ryan Reynolds and Eva Longoria are to be awarded stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The brass stars emblazoned on Hollywood Boulevard honour personalities from music, film and TV for achievement in the entertainment industry. Mark Ruffalo, Amy Adams, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Goldie Hawn and Chris Pratt have also been announced as star recipients. They will be honoured at the famous landmark in Los Angeles in 2017.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36660326

congratulations to him. :)

Written By: whistledog on 06/30/16 at 11:54 pm

It seems like it doesn't take long to get a Star on the Walk of Fame these days, yet there are some actors who have been around for more than 50 years who still don't have one.

Eva Longoria got a star before Teri Hatcher did.  I don't know why I find that drole lol

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/16 at 9:41 am

It seems like it doesn't take long to get a Star on the Walk of Fame these days, yet there are some actors who have been around for more than 50 years who still don't have one.

Eva Longoria got a star before Teri Hatcher did.  I don't know why I find that drole lol

It's an honor but it's not bought...it's paid for.

Someone (the celeb, their publicist, a studio) someone ponies up the money to get a star on the walk of fame then they have this celebration as if the city decided to just make it happen.  ::)

Worst kept "secret" in Hollywood.  :D
(It's not really a secret but it's surprising how many people don't know this)

Check for new replies or respond here...