inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pokémon GO

Written By: 2001 on 07/09/16 at 4:20 pm

Has anyone played this yet? The game is The Next Big Thing™ It uses geolocation, and then you go outside and find Pokémon and catch them! You level up by walking around. Soon they will introduce Pokémon battles, but it's not in there yet (as far as I know).

I was out last night playing it at 12:30AM. I went deep into the woods and my friend caught a Vulpix  :D It was 2:30 AM when we ended up at a soccer field in another neighbourhood and saw a gang of drunkards before we decided to head back home  ;D

Subject: Re: Pokémon GO

Written By: #Infinity on 07/09/16 at 5:02 pm

Yep, I got it on my iPhone as soon as I learned it was released! Amid the overwhelmed launch servers, I was nonetheless able to catch a surprising variety of creatures in few areas. I was really disappointed, however, that I was unable to find any water-types, both when I visited La Jolla, as well as when I went to the lake! Apparently, this is due to it being a sunny day in San Diego – in fact, San Diego's sunny typically sunny weather probably explains why Growlithe was the very first Pokémon I encountered and captured besides my starter. But even literally right on the beach, my radar claimed there were Magmars nearby. Actually, I did find and catch Golden, but that was just in Balboa Park, and not next to a body of water (speaking of which, Balboa Park is stuffed with Pokéstops, especially in the San Diego Zoo!).

Pokémon GO may not be quite as sophisticated an experience as the newest entries in the main series, but it's been a fascinating journey regardless, and I am stoked to see it expand!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/09/16 at 5:04 pm

I played Pokemon Go since two days ago. Although, I only use it when the servers are good and if there's new Pokemon. It seems okay, possibly better than Pokemon X and Y to me. My alias in the game is PurpleRaven5000. I wish I could use something like NYeagle, but apparently somebody chose that.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/10/16 at 8:40 pm

I just went strolling around Bird Rock in southern La Jolla, and I finally came across a decent variety of water types like Staryu and Psyduck. I tried to find Seel, but never encountered it. I also found and caught Gastly and Magmar, plus a few more common Pokemon. I attempted to challenge a gym for the first time, but failed miserably (I used my recently-caught Magmar against water-type Psyduck). 

Written By: Slim95 on 07/10/16 at 10:23 pm

I installed it and it's a lot of fun! I'm already addicted to it.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/11/16 at 10:08 am

My family and I were in Stone Mountain Park, and my sisters were on that app the whole time while climbing the mountain going to Pokestops and collecting more Pokemon. The whole objective of that game is extremely addicting and dangerous, and to think there hasn't been a worldwide release yet and there are more features/versions of the app that are yet to come  :o

Written By: mqg96 on 07/11/16 at 10:23 am

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/11/12147600/nintendos-stock-pokemon-go

Also, let's keep this in mind. Nintendo going mobile might be the next huge thing for the company!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/13/16 at 4:32 pm

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/pokemon%20clint_zpshb2cpnbx.jpg

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/14/16 at 6:13 am

Someone I work with has it and he says he'll see people walking around in certain spots really concentrating on their phones and knows exactly what they're doing. I'm too old to be into Pokemon, but I have to admit the concept is cool. I just hope nobody drives while looking for Pokemon, but you know someone is bound to be that dumb.  ::) You know it will have it's downside, but at least it gets people outdoors. Maybe other types of games will use a similar concept involving GPS?

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/14/16 at 6:19 am

Someone I work with has it and he says he'll see people walking around in certain spots really concentrating on their phones and knows exactly what they're doing. I'm too old to be into Pokemon, but I have to admit the concept is cool. I just hope nobody drives while looking for Pokemon, but you know someone is bound to be that dumb.  ::) You know it will have it's downside, but at least it gets people outdoors. Maybe other types of games will use a similar concept involving GPS?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/11/12147600/nintendos-stock-pokemon-go

Also, let's keep this in mind. Nintendo going mobile might be the next huge thing for the company!

It would make sense to do that. As phone's are made with better storage and memory they could some day be the device for it all. Gaming, texting, calling, internet, you name it, all on your phone. I don't see alot of people walking around with hand held gaming systems so much these days.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/14/16 at 10:41 am

How can you be "too old" for Pokemon?  ???

Written By: #Infinity on 07/14/16 at 5:48 pm

I still get that goddamn Golbat screen half the time I try to open this app. It really does a lot to ruin the game's addictiveness to me.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/14/16 at 5:52 pm

How can you be "too old" for Pokemon?  ???

Too old to have fallen in love with it in 1999, I guess. Otherwise, Pokemon is pretty much the only worthwhile gaming franchise left in an age of hypermachoism, predictability, cutscenes, and an over saturation of genres I never cared for.

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/14/16 at 6:59 pm

Too old to have fallen in love with it in 1999, I guess. Otherwise, Pokemon is pretty much the only worthwhile gaming franchise left in an age of hypermachoism, predictability, cutscenes, and an over saturation of genres I never cared for.

I was in jr. high when it was popular among small children, the shows and those card games. The hand held games I know teens and people in their twenties play, I just never had the urge to. I haven't played any games of the now for the newest systems. I still have my Xbox360 and I play games on that from the early part of the decade and late 2000's.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/14/16 at 7:26 pm

I was in jr. high when it was popular among small children, the shows and those card games. The hand held games I know teens and people in their twenties play, I just never had the urge to. I haven't played any games of the now for the newest systems. I still have my Xbox360 and I play games on that from the early part of the decade and late 2000's.

That makes sense. I was about your age then when Naruto first came out. I never watched that show at all and only remember Kajetokun's "Ninja Info Cards" remix that an old friend of mine showed me back when YouTube was still pretty new.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/14/16 at 7:35 pm

I consider Naruto to be more mature than Pokemon. Naruto and Dragon Ball Z are on the same level of maturity when it comes to anime franchises that were originally aimed towards kids, like mid-tier. Not saying these shows were on the level of Bleach, Death Note, or Inuyasha, but these certainly weren't as kiddy friendly as shows like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, or Digimon. Naruto started off on Cartoon Network (which I remember myself like yesterday), but I believe it finished off on Disney XD or when it was Shippuden.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/14/16 at 7:37 pm

That makes sense. I was about your age then when Naruto first came out. I never watched that show at all and only remember Kajetokun's "Ninja Info Cards" remix that an old friend of mine showed me back when YouTube was still pretty new.

This is how I feel about Bakugan Battle Brawlers. I was never into that show and I may have only caught like a few commercials of it on a random day. Seemed like a really cool show if you were a young kid under age 10. Don't even remember it at all.

Written By: musicguy93 on 07/14/16 at 9:16 pm

Hmm, I guess I can understand the appeal, but I don't really have any desire to play it myself (at least at this point), especially due to the limitations (ie., not being able to weaken a wild Pokemon before catching it, battle with friends, get badges, etc.). Not to mention, I'm not a fan of walking around with my phone in front of me. Now don't get me wrong, I am interested in what AR and VR could offer, but this particular app doesn't really do it for me.

Written By: Howard on 07/16/16 at 2:11 pm

many tragedies happened within the past week when people were playing Pokemon GO:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/172916-8-creepy-things-that-have-happened-to-people-while-playing-pokemon-go

Written By: mqg96 on 07/16/16 at 6:00 pm

What do y'all guys think of this video LMAO!?  :o

DLzpl42K6KY

Written By: Howard on 07/17/16 at 3:18 pm

DLzpl42K6KY

;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/17/16 at 3:20 pm

DLzpl42K6KY

I loved of how Tyrone misused the names of the Pokemon except for Pikachu.

Written By: 2001 on 07/17/16 at 10:58 pm

This is what I tell my sister. She can't play if she doesn't know the names! What's even the point  >:(

I think I lost 3 or 4 pounds since I started playing this game, and I'm not exactly hefty to begin with  :-X Someone's gotta hatch those eggs.

Written By: 2001 on 07/22/16 at 6:18 pm

Canadian Pokémon GO launch party in downtown Toronto by the CN Tower.

http://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=https%3A%2F%2Finstagram.com%2Fp%2FBIBhtSKBKVF%2Fmedia%3Fsize%3Dl&width=810

http://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=https%3A%2F%2Finstagram.com%2Fp%2FBIBp6tLDd2lsEfSktVlKKvzJ7kwn-KZc_oh6Yo0%2Fmedia%3Fsize%3Dl&width=810

The tower changed colours depending on which team owned the gym!  :D Here it is owned by Team Valor!

http://i.imgur.com/0cuukkh.jpg

I wish I went, but I didn't know it was going to officially drop that day  :\'(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/22/16 at 6:30 pm

Canadian Pokémon GO launch party in downtown Toronto by the CN Tower.
The tower changed colours depending on which team owned the gym!  :D Here it is owned by Team Valor!

http://i.imgur.com/0cuukkh.jpg

I wish I went, but I didn't know it was going to officially drop that day  :\'(

Wow, even the CN Tower is intimidated by the Pokemon Go hype.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/26/16 at 12:50 pm

So, what exactly is the main age group playing Pokemon GO anyways? The media is sending mixed signals as usual. Every time I see a news report about it, they describe the game as a "Millennial fad", but then on the b-roll videos they only show, like, 10-year-olds actually walking around playing it.

Color me confused. ???

Written By: Slim95 on 07/26/16 at 12:53 pm

So, what exactly is the main age group playing Pokemon GO anyways? The media is sending mixed signals as usual. Every time I see a news report about it, they describe the game as a "Millennial fad", but then on the b-roll videos they only show, like, 10-year-olds actually walking around playing it.

Color me confused. ???

As a 21 year old, I sometimes turn the app on when I go or a walk and occasionally glance at my phone. But I'm not obsessed with it like some. I think there are a lot of features still missing because the app is in its primitive stages.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/26/16 at 12:57 pm

I haven't played Pokemon Go myself. There are two reasons for this:

1. I don't have a mobile device.

2. I play the Nintendo handhelds of the series.

Due to the latter reason, if I did have a mobile device to play Go on, the odds would be pretty low that I would.

I wouldn't call that too old so much as it just never clicked with you. Kind of like how sports never clicked with me.

Edit: I hate when I accidentally hit the Post button when I'm not finished.

Written By: 2001 on 07/26/16 at 1:17 pm

Color me confused. ???

"Millennial" is synonymous with "young people" nowadays.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/26/16 at 1:39 pm

Color me confused. ???
I say it's both for Millennials and Plurals since the former grew up with the original Pokemon while the latter been obsessed with it since either the Advanced Era or the D&P days.

Well it shouldn't be since now the Plurals are also young folks ranging from about 18 and under with Millennials being over that age.

Written By: Howard on 07/26/16 at 3:08 pm

Color me confused. ???

I think they'll start playing it after age 18.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/26/16 at 4:29 pm

Well it shouldn't be since now the Plurals are also young folks ranging from about 18 and under with Millennials being over that age.

The average person doesn't know that and calls all young people millennials, which I think is okay. Also, many people 18 and under are still millennials. Most teens today are millennials.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/26/16 at 9:24 pm

I say it's both for Millennials and Plurals since the former grew up with the original Pokemon while the latter been obsessed with it since either the Advanced Era or the D&P days.

The original Pokemon ended in 2003 with Ruby & Sapphire and the Advanced era debuting. I don't know if any Plurals grew up with that TBH, unless we go by the 1995-2009 definition of Gen Z.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/26/16 at 9:29 pm

The original Pokemon ended in 2003 with Ruby & Sapphire and the Advanced era debuting. I don't know if any Plurals grew up with that TBH, unless we go by the 1995-2009 definition of Gen Z.

Pretty much anybody who were born in the mid 90s had Ruby and Sapphire, but I'm not sure about late 90s babies. I was introduced to Pokemon during Generation III (it was around 2005 or 6 I think), but I didn't got interested into Pokemon until the very end of Generation IV in 2010. I remember playing the older Pokemon games on an emulator when I was 10 and a half at the time.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/26/16 at 9:42 pm

I've noticed that too, and I think it's dumb. I mean, I'm almost 30 years old, and yet I often find myself getting lumped in with middle school kids by media talking heads. It's really annoying.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/26/16 at 9:47 pm

I've noticed that too, and I think it's dumb. I mean, I'm almost 30 years old, and yet I often find myself getting lumped in with middle school kids by media talking heads. It's really annoying.

There are mid 2000s babies who are lumped as millennials? That seems pretty weird for something like that.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/26/16 at 10:34 pm

There are mid 2000s babies who are lumped as millennials? That seems pretty weird for something like that.

It's not that weird. Assuming millennials end around those born in 2001, it's only a couple years difference. Not a dramatic difference. Gen Z hasn't quite been established yet.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/27/16 at 1:07 am

The average person doesn't know that and calls all young people millennials, which I think is okay. Also, many people 18 and under are still millennials. Most teens today are millennials.
Not exactly. Almost all Millennials are 21 and over, but under 40 with the youngest members barely hitting 18. The adolescents today are absolutely Plurals. There are many reasons why Plurals can't begin no later than 1997/98.

That's what I'm saying. The oldest Plurals began watching Pokemon after the Original Era finished. Since the Advanced one ended in 2007, it gave many Zers a chance to watch the anime when it was current. As for D&P, the rest definitely tuned in to see that era.

That's because they're not aware that Millennials aren't that young anymore and the Plurals have taken over that stage. Right now, the former are those 21 and over, (but under 40) or close to it while the latter are those clearly under 18.

I know. They're obviously Plurals and some are currently in MS.

It's not that weird. Assuming millennials end around those born in 2001, it's only a couple years difference. Not a dramatic difference. Gen Z hasn't quite been established yet.
Well they are about to. Right now, there is some pop culture out there that is plainly for Plurals since many of the younger Millennials are aging out of the target audience.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/27/16 at 1:14 am

Not exactly. Almost all Millennials are 21 and over, but under 40 with the youngest members barely hitting 18. The adolescents today are absolutely Plurals. There are many reasons why Plurals can't begin no later than 1997/98.

1997 is a weird cut off. Most people agree 2000s is when millennials end.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/27/16 at 1:33 am

It sure is since they're in the cusp of Y/Z. As for when Millennials end, that is a general viewpoint; however, it doesn't mean it's correct though.

Pretty much I can see the late 90s being the cutoff. Even NYE already admitted he's not truly a Millennial.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/27/16 at 1:37 am

It sure is since they're in the cusp of Y/Z. As for when Millennials end, that is a general viewpoint; however, it doesn't mean it's correct though.

Pretty much I can see the late 90s being the cutoff. Even NYE already admitted he's not truly a Millennial.

There is no Y/Z cusp. That just confuses everything. I'm still sticking with 2000.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/27/16 at 6:04 am

Well that's because I don't feel like an actual Millennial. Most millennials are 90s and early 2000s kids, and while I did spent half of my childhood in the mid 2000s, that doesn't mean I'm one of them. I'll rather be known as a Y/Z hybrid.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/27/16 at 8:11 am

Most people who haven't been reading the recent articles think that 2000 is when millennials end. The definition of millennials is NOT a numerical thing, that goes for generations in general. Generation cutoffs depend on what age people were when certain events happened that impacted our world. All recent demographics and sources have been saying that millennials end and Z starts around 1995-1997. There's no way early to mid 80's born's can be part of the same generation as anybody born in the 2000's.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/27/16 at 8:17 am

There is no Y/Z cusp. That just confuses everything. I'm still sticking with 2000.

I don't understand why people get offended over the word "cusp". The definition of cusp in the dictionary is "a point of transition (as from one historical period to the next)." How the heck is that offensive?  ::)

It's common sense, Y/Z means you are in the TRANSITION from Y to Z. It means you're not completely Y or completely Z by many definitions. You're stuck in between. You might as well not use words like "hybrid" or "in between" either if you can't use words like "cusp".

Anyways, we're getting off topic of this thread. This is a Pokemon GO thread, not ways to define generations.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/27/16 at 8:57 am

I know there isn't. i was just using it for those who are in that bracket and have both generational traits.

As for the year, it could be that way; however, they seem to have more Z attributes. I know a few of them and they don't seem like tail-end Millennials. Heck, there are even youtubers from 2000 and they are totally Plurals from the way they act.

Well that's because I don't feel like an actual Millennial. Most millennials are 90s and early 2000s kids, and while I did spent half of my childhood in the mid 2000s, that doesn't mean I'm one of them. I'll rather be known as a Y/Z hybrid.
From your post is how I exactly see you. You seem more of a Y/Z hybrid than truly bring part of one generation or the other.

Most people who haven't been reading the recent articles think that 2000 is when millennials end. The definition of millennials is NOT a numerical thing, that goes for generations in general. Generation cutoffs depend on what age people were when certain events happened that impacted our world. All recent demographics and sources have been saying that millennials end and Z starts around 1995-1997. There's no way early to mid 80's born's can be part of the same generation as anybody born in the 2000's.
This! That's why I've been going by traits, events and other misc as they are better factors to determine which generation someone is associated with. The max I see for this generation is about 20 years since this is a large cohort of about 80 million people. The span is either late 70s to mid/late 90s or early 80s to late 90s.

I don't understand why people get offended over the word "cusp". The definition of cusp in the dictionary is "a point of transition (as from one historical period to the next)." How the heck is that offensive?  ::)

It's common sense, Y/Z means you are in the TRANSITION from Y to Z. It means you're not completely Y or completely Z by many definitions. You're stuck in between. You might as well not use words like "hybrid" or "in between" either if you can't use words like "cusp".

Anyways, we're getting off topic of this thread. This is a Pokemon GO thread, not ways to define generations.
Agreed!

As for the off-topic, Machine He@d asked who is Pokemon GO for and I responded saying they're for both since the Millennials had the original and the Plurals have the ones after the Advanced Era.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/27/16 at 10:39 am

1995-1997? Not even close... Look at any story online, majority of them say 2000. 1995 is just plain ridiculous. That's like saying I'm not a mellenial, which doesn't make sense. Everyone born in the 90s is a mellenial, the cutoff is not a weird year like 1997. 98' and 99' I can understand a little more but 1995? You went too far on that one lol. A 21 year old and 23 year old are not that different. Just like how a 21 year old and 17 year old isn't different too. We're in the same generation. It's not fair to put us with gen z. Those born in late 90s are mellenials like us.

I'm not making this up or pulling it out of thin air. Most researchers agree 2000 is the cutoff. Read any source and research and you will see that. It's a fact. Your cutoff is incorrect.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/28/16 at 7:54 am

The Japanese city of Hiroshima has asked Pokemon Go's creators to keep its virtual monsters out of memorials to victims of the atomic bomb. It wants the monsters removed by 6 August, when an annual ceremony is held on the anniversary of the 1945 bombing. It follows a request by the operators of the Fukushima nuclear plant - highly radioactive after its 2011 meltdown - to keep Pokemon out of its plants. The wildly popular Pokemon Go was released in Japan on Friday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36891787

Written By: aja675 on 07/28/16 at 8:09 am

1997-borns are still Millennials, but they're starting to verge on Z.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/29/16 at 9:00 pm

http://i.imgur.com/5Q828oD.png

Written By: 2001 on 07/29/16 at 11:51 pm

http://i.imgur.com/5Q828oD.png

"Waluigf" is a good username for a troll ;D

Can't wait for Sun/Moon :D

Written By: 2001 on 07/29/16 at 11:54 pm

One thing I noticed about my midnight Pokémon GO escapades is that some of my neighbours like to keep their doors wide open at night. Always fun meeting people my age in my neighbourhood playing Pokémon in the twilight hours though ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/02/16 at 5:05 am

Troublesome Sydney Pokestop shut down

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36948331

One of Australia's best places to catch Pokemon has been deleted in the latest update to the augmented reality game.
Three Pokestops, the game's real-world locations, attracted hundreds of players to a park in inner Sydney.
Nearby apartment residents endured traffic jams, piles of rubbish and noise until the early hours.
The creators of the game are working to remove some real-world locations that do not wish to be included in the mobile game.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/22/16 at 12:48 am

The death of Pokemon Go... Pokemon Go turned out to only be a fad of summer 2016. While a lot of us on here thought it would be super popular for the late 10s. So what do you guys think killed it?

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/22/16 at 3:14 am

The death of Pokemon Go... Pokemon Go turned out to only be a fad of summer 2016. While a lot of us on here thought it would be super popular for the late 10s. So what do you guys think killed it?

Imo...
1. The media
2. Too much physical activity for perceived little reward.

Personally, I still play  and there's no shortage of people kicking me out of gyms.

Written By: Howard on 10/22/16 at 7:13 am

It was just something to keep the kids occupied.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 8:24 am

I think nobody gave a crap after playing it for a few months. But for reasons...

1. It only has the 1st generation Pokemon, which only those who grew up with the first four generation games could recognize. Those who started to play Pokemon around the 5th generation, wouldn't recognize a lot of them.

2. The way they put the locations are dangerous and/or disrespectful. For instance, some of the gyms are located at funeral homes, hospitals, factories, abandoned places, etc. It makes the people who play it either injured, kicked out, or dead.

3. All you do is catch Pokemon. The rest of the stuff programmed on Pokemon Go is not even like the main games. You can't battle at any location that isn't a Gym, you can't level up your Pokemon the same way as you could in the main games, and you can't do jack sh*t with being a Pokemon Master. Ash Ketchum has more access of being a Pokemon Master, than we do on Pokemon Go.

Overall, the game is bullcrap and nobody thought it was worth downloading on their mobile phones. But thankfully, it's just a fad. I couldn't stand having people getting obsessed over the game. Even my mom was into it. My MOM. It was embarrassing playing it with me, while I just found the game to be rubbish. Although, she only played it a few times.

Written By: Howard on 10/22/16 at 12:42 pm

I think nobody gave a crap after playing it for a few months. But for reasons...

1. It only has the 1st generation Pokemon, which only those who grew up with the first four generation games could recognize. Those who started to play Pokemon around the 5th generation, wouldn't recognize a lot of them.

2. The way they put the locations are dangerous and/or disrespectful. For instance, some of the gyms are located at funeral homes, hospitals, factories, abandoned places, etc. It makes the people who play it either injured, kicked out, or dead.

3. All you do is catch Pokemon. The rest of the stuff programmed on Pokemon Go is not even like the main games. You can't battle at any location that isn't a Gym, you can't level up your Pokemon the same way as you could in the main games, and you can't do jack sh*t with being a Pokemon Master. Ash Ketchum has more access of being a Pokemon Master, than we do on Pokemon Go.

Overall, the game is bullcrap and nobody thought it was worth downloading on their mobile phones. But thankfully, it's just a fad. I couldn't stand having people getting obsessed over the game. Even my mom was into it. My MOM. It was embarrassing playing it with me, while I just found the game to be rubbish. Although, she only played it a few times.

It was a short lived fad.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/26/16 at 11:36 pm

Anyone else here taking advantage of the Halloween special?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/27/16 at 3:24 am

I believe the decline in popularity can be contributed to a few things:

1. Safety concerns. Shortly after it was released worldwide, there were reports that some Pokemon Go users became seriously injured, or in some cases, even killed. I remember hearing this one case, where an 18-19 year old man in Columbia unintentionally walked into a gang area whilst playing Pokemon Go and was tragically shot dead. After hearing these reports, I believe a lot of parents would have become concerned about their children playing the game and as a result, it's quite likely that they stopped their children from continuing to play it.

2. Issues within the game. There were a lot of criticisms over how much data the game uses and how the game can severely drain a phone's battery life. I don't know if it still does or not, but I know that Pokemon Go used to crash fairly regularly during its first few months. A friend of mine would try to launch the game on his phone and on many occasions, the game would just crash and not load properly.

3.Media Saturation, as BornIn86 suggested. All of the major news websites around the world reported on the game daily and it probably started to take it's toll after a while.

It's amazing how Pokemon Go ultimately became a short-lived fad. With the way people were so indulged with the game, I was under the impression the game was going to become one of the cultural pinpoints of the Late 2010s.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/27/16 at 10:06 am

It's amazing how Pokemon Go ultimately became a short-lived fad. With the way people were so indulged with the game, I was under the impression the game was going to become one of the cultural pinpoints of the Late 2010s.

Turns out it was a fad of the mid 2010s.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/27/16 at 1:47 pm

Turns out it was a fad of the mid 2010s.

It was only a fad for the summer of this year. Nobody gave a crap about it after August.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/27/16 at 2:38 pm

It was only a fad for the summer of this year. Nobody gave a crap about it after August.

Yeah but this summer was part of the mid 10s. The hype only lasted like 2 months.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/27/16 at 2:41 pm

Yeah but this summer was part of the mid 10s. The hype only lasted like 2 months.

True. :/

Written By: Howard on 10/27/16 at 2:56 pm

I don't see anyone talk about it anymore.

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/02/16 at 4:45 pm

http://www.wsj.com/articles/pokemon-go-gets-lift-from-halloween-event-1478102844

The event was great while it lasted. Can't wait for Gen 2 and the Christmas event.

Written By: 2001 on 11/06/16 at 6:14 pm

Anyone else here taking advantage of the Halloween special?

It stopped working for me for some reason. It just stays on the sign-in screen.  >:(

It's like I have no reason to go outside anymore. Sad! Thankfully, I already had all those Halloween Pokémon. My neighbourhood is Drowzee and ghost Pokémon central. Walk 10 minutes, get 3 Drowzees, 2 Zubats and a Haunter.

Check for new replies or respond here...