inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: There is another Paper Mario game.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/11/16 at 7:05 pm

Remember when Nintendo released Paper Mario: Sticker Star? Well, they announced another game related to that, which probably pissed a lot of Paper Mario fans off. I know this isn't that relevant, since the Paper Mario rage happened occurred March of this year, but I want to see people's opinions over this. Especially when we have Nintendo fans like mqg96, Eazy-EMan1995, Infinity, and many others.

If you don't believe me, this is proof.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Paper_Mario:_Color_Splash

Subject: Re: There is another Paper Mario game.

Written By: 2001 on 07/11/16 at 10:29 pm

The 3DS one was a crapshoot, and when I heard the Wii U one was basically going to be a sequel of that I knew it was meant to buried in a landfill. #nobodyaskedforthis

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/11/16 at 11:03 pm

We believe you, dude. It has Color Splash added.

From the trailer, it seems like a let down. Like what someone stated, its like Mario Sunshine all over again.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/12/16 at 7:43 am

I was never a fan of Paper Mario's style. I just didn't like that type of Mario platforming compared to the original 2-D or 3-D platform Mario games.

From the trailer, it seems like a let down. Like what someone stated, its like Mario Sunshine all over again.

Didn't like Super Mario Sunshine either, it was my least favorite 3-D platform Mario game. Super Mario 64 and Galaxy 1 & 2 all the way.  ;)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/12/16 at 7:51 am

The 3DS one was a crapshoot, and when I heard the Wii U one was basically going to be a sequel of that I knew it was meant to buried in a landfill. #nobodyaskedforthis

Well, most of the Wii U's games seem repetitive on its plots, so it wouldn't be that unique once it's released.

Well, I think it's already a let down by anybody who grew up with the first three Paper Mario games. I grew up watching Chuggaconroy playing Paper Mario 64 and Paper Mario: TTYD on YouTube, while playing Super Paper Mario on my Wii. The game on the 3DS just seems pathetic.

Written By: 2001 on 07/13/16 at 2:54 pm

I was never a fan of Paper Mario's style. I just didn't like that type of Mario platforming compared to the original 2-D or 3-D platform Mario games.

Didn't like Super Mario Sunshine either, it was my least favorite 3-D platform Mario game. Super Mario 64 and Galaxy 1 & 2 all the way.  ;)

*puts on flame shield* this is going to sound like complete blasphemy, but I never liked Mario Galaxy. Mainly the controls and just chasing star after star got boring for me very quick.  ;D

Mario Sunshine on the other hand, gave me some challenge. It's not best game ever status, but I... enjoyed it  :o

Written By: mqg96 on 07/14/16 at 7:44 am

*puts on flame shield* this is going to sound like complete blasphemy, but I never liked Mario Galaxy. Mainly the controls and just chasing star after star got boring for me very quick.  ;D

Mario Sunshine on the other hand, gave me some challenge. It's not best game ever status, but I... enjoyed it  :o

Chasing star after star? That's what you did on Super Mario 64 too! That was the whole point of 3-D Mario games. Now c'mon Slowpoke I know you're better than this. There were so many problems with Super Mario Sunshine which is why it was the inferior 3-D Mario game compared to 64 or the Galaxy series. Number 1, the waterpack/FLUDD controlling was horrible, they removed the long jump from SM64 (and Galaxy brought it back), the level designs weren't that good compared to 64 & Galaxy (didn't like the whole tropical theme for Sunshine; 64 & Galaxy made you excited since the levels designs and worlds were diverse), there's only 8 worlds compared to the amount 64 & Galaxy had, and I didn't like the whole idea of capturing sunshines compared to stars. Sunshine may have been a fun game in general, but compared to Super Mario 64 and the Super Mario Galaxy series, it just flat out sucked. Super Mario 64 is the original Super Mario Bros of 3-D platforming. Super Mario Sunshine is the Super Mario Bros 2 (USA) of 3-D platforming. Super Mario Galaxy is the Super Mario Bros 3 of 3-D platforming, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the Super Mario World of 3-D platforming. Not my opinion, these are facts. Super Mario Bros 2 (USA) being inferior to the original Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 3 is how Sunshine is inferior to 64 & Galaxy. I know all of this from spending timeless time on the Gamecube, Wii, and classics on the Wii Virtual Console.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/14/16 at 10:12 am

I pretty much don't care about Sunshine. It was boring, but it wasn't horrendous. Hell, there are only some GameCube games that I like. Super Smash Bros. Melee, Pokemon Colosseum, Paper Mario: TTYD, and Luigi's Mansion were like the only games that I found interesting throughout the Gamecube's life.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/14/16 at 11:41 am

I pretty much don't care about Sunshine. It was boring, but it wasn't horrendous. Hell, there are only some GameCube games that I like. Super Smash Bros. Melee, Pokemon Colosseum, Paper Mario: TTYD, and Luigi's Mansion were like the only games that I found interesting throughout the Gamecube's life.

Don't forget Mario Kart Double Dash and Metroid Prime either.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/14/16 at 2:20 pm

Don't forget Mario Kart Double Dash and Metroid Prime either.

Eh. They were pretty cool games for the GameCube.

Written By: 2001 on 07/14/16 at 2:22 pm

Pokémon Colosseum was awful! :o

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/14/16 at 4:04 pm

Pokémon Colosseum was awful! :o

It was alright for me. It's not like it was bad as most games that the Gamecube had for its library.

Written By: 2001 on 07/14/16 at 8:35 pm

It was alright for me. It's not like it was bad as most games that the Gamecube had for its library.

Most Gamecube games were decent, Pokémon Colosseum not one of them :P I hated the whole shadow Pokémon thing, and my god were the NPCs a real bore to battle with. I believe there was also an exponentially decaying experience points system, whereby the higher your Pokémon's level is, the less experience points you get. At that point, each successive Pokémon battle became very tedious.

Check for new replies or respond here...