inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Indie 2010s

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/04/16 at 11:37 am

There's a lot of focus on mainstream music on these boards. What about indie music? Doesn't matter the genre. Rock, rap, folk, disco, electronic, experimental...what are some of your favorite indie songs from the 2010s?

Tame Impala
G-Jr3Czk6rY

Kendrick Lamar
QjlFqgRbICY

Lone
42NsHj8C3kk

Purity Ring
Xqw4wo8vdY8

Mac Demarco
4TmzS9n24YY

Alabama Shakes
nin-fiNz50M

Subject: Re: Indie 2010s

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/04/16 at 11:45 am

There's a lot of focus on mainstream music on these boards. What about indie music? Doesn't matter the genre. Rock, rap, folk, disco, electronic, experimental...what are some of your favorite indie songs from the 2010s?

Tame Impala
G-Jr3Czk6rY

Kendrick Lamar
QjlFqgRbICY

Purity Ring
Xqw4wo8vdY8

Lone
42NsHj8C3kk

Mac Demarco
4TmzS9n24YY

Alabama Shakes
nin-fiNz50M

I like indie music since the indies seem to make better music than the mainstream musicians. Terrible rap or electronic tracks. Indie seems to be more diverse and sometimes go for a more unique sound.

Although I'm probably just bias since my favorite genre (Electro Swing, New jack Swing, Funky House, Euro House, and Jazz Fusion) are dead in the mainstream side of music. So I don't pay much attention to mainstream music as much as others do. For the past 5-6 years I've just been listening to indie stuff since they make the music for genres I like listening to.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/04/16 at 11:53 am

I like indie music since the indies seem to make better music than the mainstream musicians. Terrible rap or electronic tracks. Indie seems to be more diverse and sometimes go for a more unique sound.

Although I'm probably just bias since my favorite genre (Electro Swing, New jack Swing, Funky House, Euro House, and Jazz Fusion) are dead in the mainstream side of music. So I don't pay much attention to mainstream music as much as others do. For the past 5-6 years I've just been listening to indie stuff since they make the music for genres I like listening to.

Thanks for fixing my links. I've been trying to modify them but I don't know how it works here.

Any 2010 examples of the genres you listed?

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/04/16 at 11:59 am

Thanks for fixing my links. I've been trying to modify them but I don't know how it works here.

No prob, mate.

How it works is that you push the little Youtube button when making or modifying a post.

Pressing it makes these appear  →

Inbetween the you put the end piece of a youtube tag link.

So instead of "https://www.youtube.com/embed/G-Jr3Czk6rY 

OR this <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G-Jr3Czk6rY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You instead put this G-Jr3Czk6rY which will make the video show up. Also make sure to not add the "" as I only added them to so you can see them in the post.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/04/16 at 12:06 pm

Awesome! Fixed.

I think you would like Lone if you already haven't listened to him.

Any 2010s examples of the genres you listed?

Written By: #Infinity on 08/04/16 at 12:20 pm

Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, and Arcade Fire are still going strong this decade, while Kendrick Lamar is an incredibly talented artist to become famous only recently.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/04/16 at 12:30 pm

Awesome! Fixed.

I think you would like Lone if you already haven't listened to him.

Any 2010s examples of the genres you listed?

I'll be sure to check out Lone if I can find any of his tracks.

RYAIaYRoFFk

tY1YKHSTIi0

5VXXyQ00BEo

TYXHv97kbps

Not sure if these Funky House tracks count as indie. If not my mistakes. As for the other genres you can find them on places like Youtube, Soundcloud, or Bandcamp.

Caravan Palace, Parov Stelar, Funky Panda, Peggy Suave etc. Again I'm not entirely sure if they count as Indie or just obscure. But you can a lot of their tracks on the internet.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/23/16 at 3:10 am

Broken Social Scene is coming out with a new record soon! So excited!

uVs5oPOkLb0

Written By: Henk on 07/05/17 at 12:10 am

Two artists I've only recently discovered, that I think are listed "Indie" as well: Sofi Tukker and Thomas Azier.

Sofi Tukker - Drinkee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlF1KxtArCg

Thomas Azier - Red Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sFp2hN_XXc

Written By: Slim95 on 07/05/17 at 10:57 pm

I love this topic. People often wonder why I don't hate/despise the 2010s as the rest of you do on here. And these things here explain why:

hRVOOwFNp5U
ypVUjBGVoGQ
P88sWR0XN0Q
IjLgb8UA9jo
CrNwTSgTe7M

Thanks to YouTube and the internet, it is incredibly easy to find underground stuff to like. That is one thing that is absolutely superior to the 2000s. The Indie scene is much more easily accessible in the 2010s.

Written By: BornIn86 on 07/16/17 at 3:15 am

Broken Social Scene released Hug of Thunder a little over a week ago and I'm enjoying it right now.

Written By: 2001 on 07/20/17 at 10:11 am

JplVOL9LTf4
ng8cDzyktEY

The YouTube Red hack will be useful for threads like this ;D

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/24/17 at 3:21 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8dk24OPwk

This isn't new, but I thought I would share it anyway. The song is on the soundtrack of FIFA 13, which is why i'm aware of it. Such a shame that this was never a hit in the mainstream. It's probably one of the best rock songs to have been released this decade, in my opinion. This should have been one of the biggest hits of 2013.

Check for new replies or respond here...