inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Roaring 2020s

Written By: exodus08 on 08/05/16 at 11:38 pm

I know you can't predict the future, but do you think the the new 20s are gonna have an economic boom or do you think we'll have an other recession?

Subject: Re: The Roaring 2020s

Written By: nintieskid999 on 08/06/16 at 12:47 am

The theme will probably be war. Not an economic boom or a depression.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/06/16 at 6:49 am

The theme will probably be war.

Let's kick some butt!

Written By: Howard on 08/06/16 at 7:22 am

But who will be going to war?

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/06/16 at 8:32 am

I hope that flapper girls dancing the Charleston are part of the Roaring Twenties relaunch.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/06/16 at 8:47 am

Jazz better make a freaking comeback! >:(  No more bad rap or hip hop music!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/06/16 at 9:24 am

I really hope electro swing becomes mainstream in the 2020s.

Written By: Ripley on 08/06/16 at 10:31 am

We might as well go ahead and start a sub board for the coming decade, cause it's going to be here quick!

Written By: Ripley on 08/06/16 at 10:51 am

I know you can't predict the future, but do you think the the new 20s are gonna have an economic boom or do you think we'll have an other recession?

I have a feeling it will be a big boom. So many forms of advanced technology are on the way that people are going to start buying it. While I don't think that flying cars are being made, I think the plan is in process. They will be here soon.

But other stuff is being made. Most of which is hidden from the general public. I don't want to start getting into "secret" government stuff, cause most people on here are not into that. But I do think some major stuff is on the way and will arrive in the early part of the next one. With that being said people are going to want to spend money. Profits will be made.

But along with that comes things like droids and self service. Some restaurants already have the pay system part set up. So people will lose work. Therefore more people will be broke. I don't think a recession will happen. But the best example I can use is Demolition Man. In that movie everything is all fancy. Holograms, flying cars etc. So the cities look amazing at first sight. Yet deep within the city are those who got the negative effects and are poor. Most of them were middle class before or low-middle. So more rich things causes more poorness.

Therefore, all these coming things might cause more harm than good. Now I do find all this stuff exciting. I'm a huge fan of futuristic sci-fi films. Obviously, check my username. But I fear for mankind. So it's a catch 22.

Written By: Ripley on 08/06/16 at 10:52 am

I've thought about that possibility as well.

Written By: Ripley on 08/06/16 at 11:07 am

But who will be going to war?

Everyone! Too much hate! As much as I loath those North Korean bastards I would never wish for a war. Even a small one. Were all worried about bombs and machine guns. There are worse weopons out there! Nuclear World War is what we need to be prepared for. Anyone who laughed at people who have bunkers, they'll be asking if they can join! At one point they were talking about a real life social security lottery. Those who are drawn get protected. Like in Deep Impact.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/06/16 at 11:23 am

The 20s will have super technology. Smartphones as we know them today will be considered old fashioned. Fashion will be different. Music will change. It will be a fun decade.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/06/16 at 11:27 am

Everyone! Too much hate! As much as I loath those North Korean bastards I would never wish for a war. Even a small one. Were all worried about bombs and machine guns. There are worse weopons out there! Nuclear World War is what we need to be prepared for. Anyone who laughed at people who have bunkers, they'll be asking if they can join! At one point they were talking about a real life social security lottery. Those who are drawn get protected. Like in Deep Impact.

I don't think North Korea has that kind of weaponry (especially with their nuclear bombs) that could wipe out the United States from the map.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/06/16 at 11:29 am

The 20s will have super technology. Smartphones as we know them today will be considered old fashioned. Fashion will be different. Music will change. It will be a fun decade.

Flying cars will finally become a reality, and you'll be able to take a few nutrition pills instead of having to actually eat a meal.

Brick and mortar schools will be a thing of the past, as cyber schooling will become the predominant mode of grade schools and high schools in a shift to reduce costs.

Written By: Ripley on 08/06/16 at 11:35 am

I don't think North Korea has that kind of weaponry (especially with their nuclear bombs) that could wipe out the United States from the map.

Most likely not, but I just brought them up cause of how they're talking about war with us.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/06/16 at 12:38 pm

Most likely not, but I just brought them up cause of how they're talking about war with us.

They always talk about going to war with the United States and other countries that they hate. So, it's no big surprise.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/06/16 at 12:56 pm

Someone's passionate about Jazz!  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 08/06/16 at 12:59 pm

I don't think flying cars will become mainstream until the 23rd century, at the earliest. I do feel holograms are coming soon, though.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/06/16 at 1:03 pm

We might as well go ahead and start a sub board for the coming decade, cause it's going to be here quick!

Just my opinion, I just think it's best to wait right on January 1, 2020, because then we'd have a bunch of stuff to talk about. I don't like to rush the experience, again, just an opinion.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/06/16 at 1:07 pm

I have a feeling it will be a big boom. So many forms of advanced technology are on the way that people are going to start buying it. While I don't think that flying cars are being made, I think the plan is in process. They will be here soon.

But other stuff is being made. Most of which is hidden from the general public. I don't want to start getting into "secret" government stuff, cause most people on here are not into that. But I do think some major stuff is on the way and will arrive in the early part of the next one. With that being said people are going to want to spend money. Profits will be made.

But along with that comes things like droids and self service. Some restaurants already have the pay system part set up. So people will lose work. Therefore more people will be broke. I don't think a recession will happen. But the best example I can use is Demolition Man. In that movie everything is all fancy. Holograms, flying cars etc. So the cities look amazing at first sight. Yet deep within the city are those who got the negative effects and are poor. Most of them were middle class before or low-middle. So more rich things causes more poorness.

Therefore, all these coming things might cause more harm than good. Now I do find all this stuff exciting. I'm a huge fan of futuristic sci-fi films. Obviously, check my username. But I fear for mankind. So it's a catch 22.

I don't know anything about economics, but perhaps it won't be economic Armageddon, or even a 1930's type of scenario.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/06/16 at 1:42 pm

I don't think flying cars will become mainstream until the 23rd century, at the earliest. I do feel holograms are coming soon, though.

Flying cars are useless. Teleportation will be invented by then. There's already flying cars today, though they have small wings.

Written By: 2001 on 08/06/16 at 1:55 pm

The self-driving cars decade!

It will be the decade of automation. I think things like Internet of Things is telling us the direction technology is headed in.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/06/16 at 2:07 pm

Someone's passionate about Jazz!  ;D

"Passionate" doesn't even come close to my interests of Jazz.  8)

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/06/16 at 2:11 pm

Once Holograms become the norm I feel a lot of tangible tech will disappear. Who needs tangible phones when you caan have a holographic one? You'd still have a phone, but you don't have to worry about carrying it.

http://www.nokiawp.net/wp-content/uploads//2011/10/holograph-windows-phone.jpg

Written By: Slim95 on 08/06/16 at 2:14 pm

Yeah self-driving cars will surpass regular vehicles in the next decade. I also predict augmented reality like Microsoft Hololens will change media consumption forever. Social media as we see it today will not be the same 10 years from now. All social media will be headed into the virtual reality direction by the time we hit the 20s. Web 4.0 will be in some kind of augmented/virtual reality platform. These exist today but it is very very primitive. There will be a virtual room or street with different "stores" that represent the social media platform. So if Facebook is still around, you will enter the door to the store which will bring you inside Facebook. In there, there will be virtual avatars hanging around the room and socializing, different rooms where your friends and circles can hang out, different picture frames and "art collections" that show your FB friends' photos. Same as YouTube, there will be another door that leads you to YouTube where you can chill and watch videos. Instagram can be like a museum of sorts. Netflix will be a movie theatre where you will sit inside a theatre and choose which movie you want to watch.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/06/16 at 2:17 pm

"Passionate" doesn't even come close to my interests of Jazz.  8)

It's a strong passion, isn't it? It's strong. STRONG!  :(

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbxb1achiHMlmsv_Fln429wekPI6308-11qYQqlq5LfZzjvZdG

Written By: 80sfan on 08/06/16 at 2:18 pm

It will be the decade of automation. I think things like Internet of Things is telling us the direction technology is headed in.

2030's! :.ducks:.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/06/16 at 2:19 pm

Once Holograms become the norm I feel a lot of tangible tech will disappear. Who needs tangible phones when you caan have a holographic one? You'd still have a phone, but you don't have to worry about carrying it.

http://www.nokiawp.net/wp-content/uploads//2011/10/holograph-windows-phone.jpg

If you mean real holograms, I don't think they will be fully mainstream until the 30s. However, virtual holograms like Microsoft Hololens can definitely replace a lot of physical tech. It can replace TVs for example, if they get the resolution right.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/06/16 at 2:20 pm

2030's! :.ducks:.

I predict self-driving cars will take up around 30% of the roads by 2020.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/06/16 at 2:23 pm

I predict self-driving cars will take up around 30% of the road by 2020.

Yeah, I'm being silly too. I can definitely see things changing.

Written By: Ripley on 08/06/16 at 2:47 pm

Flying cars are useless. Teleportation will be invented by then. There's already flying cars today, though they have small wings.

I want teleportation!

Written By: 80sfan on 08/06/16 at 2:57 pm

Are driving cars the new hip, edgy, new, technological craze for the Millenial-beat crowd??  ???

Written By: Ripley on 08/06/16 at 3:01 pm

Are driving cars the new hip, edgy, new, technological craze for the Millenial-beat crowd??  ???

I guess so 😂

Written By: 80sfan on 08/06/16 at 3:02 pm

I guess so 😂

;D

Written By: Slim95 on 08/06/16 at 3:20 pm

Yeah self-driving cars will surpass regular vehicles in the next decade. I also predict augmented reality like Microsoft Hololens will change media consumption forever. Social media as we see it today will not be the same 10 years from now. All social media will be headed into the virtual reality direction by the time we hit the 20s. Web 4.0 will be in some kind of augmented/virtual reality platform. These exist today but it is very very primitive. There will be a virtual room or street with different "stores" that represent the social media platform. So if Facebook is still around, you will enter the door to the store which will bring you inside Facebook. In there, there will be virtual avatars hanging around the room and socializing, different rooms where your friends and circles can hang out, different picture frames and "art collections" that show your FB friends' photos. Same as YouTube, there will be another door that leads you to YouTube where you can chill and watch videos. Instagram can be like a museum of sorts. Netflix will be a movie theatre where you will sit inside a theatre and choose which movie you want to watch.

This is how social media will be like in the 20s using virtual reality headsets. The days where you have to physically meet your friends in the coffee shop to hang out are limited!

https://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1465057/v-time.jpg?w=736&h=442&l=50&t=40&q=80

Written By: exodus08 on 08/06/16 at 5:19 pm

From Self-Driving Cars to 3d Printing.

Written By: Howard on 08/06/16 at 5:35 pm

I hope that flapper girls dancing the Charleston are part of the Roaring Twenties relaunch.

What era are you living in?  ::)

Written By: Howard on 08/06/16 at 5:36 pm

I want to hear more funk and disco.

Written By: Howard on 08/06/16 at 5:37 pm

everything in the house will be "smart".

Written By: Howard on 08/06/16 at 5:39 pm

I want teleportation!

that will save us money.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/06/16 at 6:12 pm

It's a strong passion, isn't it? It's strong. STRONG!  :(

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbxb1achiHMlmsv_Fln429wekPI6308-11qYQqlq5LfZzjvZdG

Jazz is a part of me. When Jazz dies I die.  :(

Problem is that all the people who helped made Jazz into a success back in the day are too old and apparently not tech savvy. Not being tech savvy in a world were tech is involved with nearly everything is bad. To keep something in the realm of relevance you must always make sure that the young people find it enjoyable. If you don't then what you love will die with you and those of your age. Something that is happening with Jazz. Not only that but the somewhat younger people who do play Jazz music don't seem to be attending in the mainstream side of music. They just rather play at Restaurants or clubs.

Electro Swing brings interest to many people, but the issue is that it's mainly a niche indie internet music sort of thing. You can only find the music by snooping around on the internet. You don't see the musicians who made electro swing tracks performing in concerts or releasing official albums.

As of 2016 Jazz apparently makes up 1.4% of music which is terrible. Would it kill any current musicians to make some Jazz every now and then? Heck I'd also love some more feel good music. No more depressing or emotion tracks that'll all living things go sad.  >:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/06/16 at 7:40 pm

What era are you living in?  ::)

The decade before Roaring Twenties II. Can't wait for the return of the flappers!  8)

Written By: 80sfan on 08/06/16 at 8:11 pm

The decade before Roaring Twenties II. Can't wait for the return of the flappers!  8)

Where do they flap to??

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/06/16 at 8:22 pm

http://www.chriskomus.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/11045454_10153209686477764_7239198530519377671_n.jpg

ALL ABOARD THE ROARING TWENTY TWENTIES!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/06/16 at 8:24 pm

http://www.chriskomus.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/11045454_10153209686477764_7239198530519377671_n.jpg

ALL ABOARD THE ROARING TWENTY TWENTIES!

I wish that electro swing was more popular in the near future.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/06/16 at 8:44 pm

I wish that electro swing was more popular in the near future.

It better be. If it isn't then I'm gonna have to invent some crazy machine that'll brainwash people into loving Electro Swing and Jazz in general.  >:(

Besides Jazz and maybe Flappers I also wish that the 2020s had a booming economy like the 1920s. Although if history repeats itself too much then that means the 2030s will be another Great Depression and the 2040s will be one big War decade (World War 3 AND Cold War 2)  :(

But for now I just want a booming economy and an upbeat pop culture. Is that too much to ask for? No more of this depressing and dark age nonsense. Go back to bright colors, feel good music (JAZZ IT UP!), and happy people.

This right here is what all the 2020's musicians need to do.
kxopViU98Xo
Nuthin' but Jazz!  8)

Written By: Slim95 on 08/06/16 at 8:49 pm

But for now I just want a booming economy and an upbeat pop culture. Is that too much to ask for? No more of this depressing and dark age nonsense. Go back to bright colors, feel good music (JAZZ IT UP!), and happy people.

I think it will be like this. This decade was very dark so it's definitely about time for a happy decade to happen. I predict the 10s will be more like the 00s than the 20s at least culturally. Big change is on the horizon, I can feel it in my bones.  8)

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/06/16 at 8:51 pm

I think it will be like this. This decade was very dark so it's definitely about time for a happy decade to happen. I predict the 10s will be more like the 00s than the 20s at least culturally. Big change is on the horizon, I can feel it in my bones.  8)

Well if history taught me anything it's that once a dark age has emerged a good age will follow right behind it. But hey maybe the history pattern will break. Who knows.

Written By: exodus08 on 08/06/16 at 9:08 pm

Was Eurodance popular in the US like its was in Europe, Canada & Australia?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/06/16 at 9:18 pm

I know you're all half joking, but why not just a whole new sound, or as close to new, as possible? Why rehash 1920's, or sounds, from other decades?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 12:15 pm

I know you're all half joking, but why not just a whole new sound, or as close to new, as possible? Why rehash 1920's, or sounds, from other decades?

Because electro swing would somehow bring a decent identity towards the 2020s. I mean, same with how swing music identified the 1920s. Although, it would be represented with Prohibition in the United States.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/07/16 at 2:07 pm

Of course I'm mainly joking when it comes to Jazz (sort...kinda...okay not really :() . Although I would like Jazz to become more popular. Electro Swing isn't really a 1920's style of Jazz. Electro Swing is what happens when you get a Jazz and mix it with EDM genres. So you'd end up with this funky song that gives off both a classical and modern vibe. I like Electro Swing because it feels timeless. Doesn't feel old, but it doesn't feel too new.

As for a "new sound" well you must remember that there are always new ways to make a new type of Jazzy sound. When I said that I wanted it to be like the 1920s I meant that in terms of popularity and not sound/style. I love Jazz. Jazz was popular in the 1920s. Therefore I want Jazz to be like how it was in the 1920s by this I mean I want it to be popular again. As mentioned before Jazz only makes up 1.4% of modern music. The other 98.6% is other music.

I'm usually the first one who'd love for a new decade to have its own identity. And not a decade that is just trying to revive old stuff. Why do you think I hate these nostalgia revivals? Instead of coming up with new pop culture all people seem to do is just pander to nostalgia and bring back old culture. This hurts pop culture quite a bit. You see the reason people like the 1980s is because how unique it was in terms of pop culture. If you want a culturally rich and unique decade then the nostalgia pandering needs to stop. Make new stuff and type trying to revive old stuff.  This brings me back to Electro Swing. It's not reviving old Jazz, but rather it's make a new style of Jazz. Only issue is that it's not very popular at the moment. And I'm not sure if Jazz can become big by pandering to nostalgia since the Jazz golden age is from the 1920s-1940s. A time where none of us grew up.

If there is once thing I wish for it's that the 2020s has it's on unique culture, but I'm pretty sure more nostalgia pandering will continue. Instead of making unique pop culture people will just try to revive old stuff. As someone who would like for some old stuff to come back (Xtreme sports trend & Y2K Aesthetic for example) I'd be just as happy if something new and exciting is created.

Written By: Howard on 08/07/16 at 2:50 pm

What is a flapper? ???

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 3:01 pm

What is a flapper? ???

Probably something that was a fad in the 20s.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/07/16 at 3:13 pm

What is a flapper? ???

A flapper (or Flapper Girl) was was Wikipedia describes them:
Flappers were a generation of young Western women in the 1920s who wore short skirts, bobbed their hair, listened to jazz, and flaunted their disdain for what was then considered acceptable behavior. Flappers were seen as brash for wearing excessive makeup, drinking, treating sex in a casual manner, smoking, driving automobiles, and otherwise flouting social and sexual norms.Flappers had their origins in the liberal period of the Roaring Twenties, the social, political turbulence and increased transatlantic cultural exchange that followed the end of World War I, as well as the export of American jazz culture to Europe.

First of the fact that they listened to Jazz already makes them cool in my book.  8) But anyways here are some pictures on what they looked like
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=59249053
http://assets.rebelcircus.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/flapper-girl-halloween-costume-2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/swYdTVL.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JgwvvH3CzXc/maxresdefault.jpg
http://www.biasia.com/wp-content/themes/biasia/timthumb.php?src=http://www.biasia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/biasiette_05.jpg&w=940&a=c&q=100
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/07/56/40/075640a4e70e968cc0b23efd541a4530.jpg

They dissappeared after the Great Depression happened in 1930. Allow me to pull the wiki again:
The flapper lifestyle and look disappeared in America after the Wall Street Crash and the following Great Depression. The high-spirited attitude and hedonism were less acceptable during the economic hardships of the 1930s. While hemlines rose, numerous states took action, making laws that restricted woman to wear skirts with hemlines no shorter than three inches above the ankle. The ever-popular bobbed haircut was the cause for some women being fired from their jobs.

It wasn’t until the Wall Street stock market crash of 1929 that the roaring 20’s era of glitz and glamour came to an end, and with it, the flapper dress.  Unable to afford the latest trends and lifestyle, the once vibrant flapper women returned to their dropped hemlines. A sudden serious tone washed over the public with the appearance of The Great Depression. Transitioning into the thirties was no easy task. Campaigns such as the “Make do and Mend” slogan were becoming prevalent to ensure there was no overconsumption throughout society. Fabric choices were among the many items to be cut back on during this poverty-stricken time. Artificial fabrics were used instead of elegant fabrics, like silk, which were so popular in the early 1900s. No longer were party dresses adorned with decorative embellishments or made brightly colored. Instead, women headed to work to take over men’s roles while they were at war. The physically demanding jobs called for the creation and social acceptance of women’s pants in society. Although the era of the flapper had vanished almost overnight, its symbol for women’s liberation would live on. No longer would a woman have to be a homemaker. The freedom to choose her role in society was created. Even though many opposed the radical era, one can see how the flapper dress helped bridge a gap between genders in society, ultimately leading in the direction of women’s rights.

I've noticed that certain decades tend to have their own culture and people in terms of fashion and trends. The 1920s as Flappers. The 1960s had Hippies. The 2010s has Hipsters. All with their own culture trend that soon faded by the end of the decade. We don't have Flappers anymore. Being a hippie isn't really acceptable in this day and age. And hipster culture is on its way out soon. Who knows what the 2020s will have. Maybe we'll have a new version of Flappers. A version that takes inspiration from 1920s Flappers, but mixes it with new stuff. It's fun to speculate.

Written By: TheKid99 on 08/07/16 at 5:33 pm

I think.... we are in for a hard couple of years.

A Recession will  probably start off the decade like it did in the 20s... and what no one talks about is the 1920-1921 DEPRESSION was absolutely HORRIBLE.....  we had our worst gdp negative growth that year ever... 2008 had only a -8% in Q4, 1920 had 18 percent decline in GDP annually! The one thing Warren Harding did SPECTUCULARLY, and no one talks about though it should be is he lowered taxes and cut spending, and by 1922, the economy was absolutely booming. Harding did that right and though he was a bad president due to Teapot Dome... EVERYONE should realize the one thing he did right was the economy.

I think we will enter a Recession at the earliest, NOW, at the latest 2018. We may be in it for a while... and NO CANDIDATE running for POTUS can fix that.... Trumps policies while bad for debt, his tax cuts would be VERY stimulating of the economy, it may be like the Reagan Recession which while started under Carter was pretty bad under Reagan. Clinton would do nothing pretty much.... sigh.... still pissed off as ALL HELL these are all we get to chose from to lead us into the 2020s!

The 2020s on the otherhand could possibly be like the 20s in the aspect of major technological advances... there are many things that are just almost becoming mainstream that could change how our world will work.

Written By: Emman on 08/07/16 at 5:41 pm

Besides Jazz and maybe Flappers I also wish that the 2020s had a booming economy like the 1920s. Although if history repeats itself too much then that means the 2030s will be another Great Depression and the 2040s will be one big War decade (World War 3 AND Cold War 2)  :(

About this, I don't know if it's just my idiosyncratic perception but I got a very strong Roaring '20s vibe around the year 2000, really the millennial era in general(1997-2003). The booming economy, the flashiness and the bling(just look at some of the music videos), the newness of the internet, the celebrity worship, even 911 is reminiscent of the 1919/1920 Red Scare terrorist attacks.

This video sums up The Roaring '20s vibe of 1999 pretty good

p47fEXGabaY

Things have slowly taken on a more serious tone in the 2010s.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/07/16 at 5:54 pm

I think.... we are in for a hard couple of years.

A Recession will  probably start off the decade like it did in the 20s... and what no one talks about is the 1920-1921 DEPRESSION was absolutely HORRIBLE.....  we had our worst gdp negative growth that year ever... 2008 had only a -8% in Q4, 1920 had 18 percent decline in GDP annually! The one thing Warren Harding did SPECTUCULARLY, and no one talks about though it should be is he lowered taxes and cut spending, and by 1922, the economy was absolutely booming. Harding did that right and though he was a bad president due to Teapot Dome... EVERYONE should realize the one thing he did right was the economy.

I think we will enter a Recession at the earliest, NOW, at the latest 2018. We may be in it for a while... and NO CANDIDATE running for POTUS can fix that.... Trumps policies while bad for debt, his tax cuts would be VERY stimulating of the economy, it may be like the Reagan Recession which while started under Carter was pretty bad under Reagan. Clinton would do nothing pretty much.... sigh.... still pissed off as ALL HELL these are all we get to chose from to lead us into the 2020s!

The 2020s on the otherhand could possibly be like the 20s in the aspect of major technological advances... there are many things that are just almost becoming mainstream that could change how our world will work.

Oh yes, I have read about that short, yet devastating 1920-1921 Depression. I think people forgot about it because the 1930's one was so huge and long. The early 1920's one got overshadowed.

I remember everyone thought that we'd be in a depression by now, even earlier.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/07/16 at 6:11 pm

I don't know why people are still talking about the 1920s. That was 100 years ago. Let's move on.  ;D The 2020s will have its own distinct 21st century vibe. Let's put the 20th century behind us once and for all.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/08/16 at 12:12 pm

I don't know why people are still talking about the 1920s. That was 100 years ago. Let's move on.  ;D The 2020s will have its own distinct 21st century vibe. Let's put the 20th century behind us once and for all.

I'll be happy  with that as long as Jazz comes along with us as we move through the 2020s. If I ever catch news of the Jazz genre being officially dead then I'm gonna explode in anger and probably whack everyone over the head with a trumpet.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/08/16 at 12:15 pm

I'll be happy  with that as long as Jazz comes along with us as we move through the 2020s. If I ever catch news of the Jazz genre being officially dead then I'm gonna explode in anger and probably whack everyone over the head with a trumpet.

If jazz or electro swing doesn't become mainstream, I'll become a living Looney Tunes character in anger.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/08/16 at 12:17 pm

If jazz or electro swing doesn't become mainstream, I'll become a living Looney Tunes character in anger.

I'm already a living Looney Tune character in anger. Soon as I turn on the radio I'm hearing some cringy pop music or rap music. >:(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/08/16 at 12:41 pm

I'm already a living Looney Tune character in anger. Soon as I turn on the radio I'm hearing some cringy pop music or rap music. >:(

Same here. :P

Written By: 80sfan on 08/08/16 at 1:16 pm

Calm down, swinger. I'll get yo a cup o water!!  :D

Written By: Howard on 08/08/16 at 3:01 pm

I agree Slim.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/08/16 at 3:23 pm

Calm down, swinger. I'll get yo a cup o water!!  :D

You gonna need a whole pool of water to calm me down! 
>:(

Written By: Howard on 08/08/16 at 3:45 pm

;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/08/16 at 6:21 pm

My Dad grew up in the flapper era. I ran across an essay he wrote when he was in high school and it was not particularly complimentary about flappers.

So of course I am intrigued by them.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 08/08/16 at 6:37 pm

;D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 12:28 am

Oh yeah, I can see the Roaring 2020s! It'll be right in our faces ;D ;D

One thing for sure though is I can see a hidden 1920s revival within the pop culture. OTT, this decade will definitely be more futuristic than the New Millennium ever was. 

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/09/16 at 11:46 am

Oh yeah, I can see the Roaring 2020s! It'll be right in our faces ;D ;D

One thing for sure though is I can see a hidden 1920s revival within the pop culture. OTT, this decade will definitely be more futuristic than the New Millennium ever was.

Speaking on the subject of (at the time) New Millennium. It's not even futuristic anymore. The very very beginning of the 21st century (first half of the 2000s) is so outdated that it's funny how people used to see it as "modern" and "futuristic". By 2020-2029 the culture and tech would be pretty far removed from what we saw back in the 2000s.

As for a 1920s revival I'm curious on what a Neo version would look like. For example in 2022 you'd probably see some New Age Flapper Girl walking around and texting on her Iphone or something. I'd actually be okay with seeing something like that. But I'm also fine with the idea of the 2020s having its own unique culture. It's better than a "1920s + Advanced Tech" decade.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 1:00 pm

Speaking on the subject of (at the time) New Millennium. It's not even futuristic anymore. The very very beginning of the 21st century (first half of the 2000s) is so outdated that it's funny how people used to see it as "modern" and "futuristic". By 2020-2029 the culture and tech would be pretty far removed from what we saw back in the 2000s.

As for a 1920s revival I'm curious on what a Neo version would look like. For example in 2022 you'd probably see some New Age Flapper Girl walking around and texting on her Iphone or something. I'd actually be okay with seeing something like that. But I'm also fine with the idea of the 2020s having its own unique culture. It's better than a "1920s + Advanced Tech" decade.
I know. It now has that old-school vibe like the 3 prior decades. Just look at pop culture entirely from those years and you will get a different picture than from today. It's still crazy how 2000 is pushing 20 when we recall that year like it was yesterday.

Maybe so. I can see that happening as well. As for the iPhone though, I don't think it will stil be popular by then and something I'm sure will replace it.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/09/16 at 1:45 pm

I know. It now has that old-school vibe like the 3 prior decades. Just look at pop culture entirely from those years and you will get a different picture than from today. It's still crazy how 2000 is pushing 20 when we recall that year like it was yesterday.

Maybe so. I can see that happening as well. As for the iPhone though, I don't think it will stil be popular by then and something I'm sure will replace it.

Probably. I'm sure smartphones will still exist, but specific phones such as Iphones/Androids may either be replaced our upgraded. As for 2000 by the time we reach 2020 the year will be seen as VERY outdated/old age. People see 2000 as the "the year things became futuristic, but as of 2016 that claim is now becoming silly as more "futuristic" tech and pop culture releases. People can remember 2000 quite well, but try to wrap your head around the fact that 2010's kids and 2020's kids weren't even born in 2000 or can remember 2000. So to them it's an relatively "old school" year. 

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/09/16 at 1:47 pm

cIASYKmcgLQR0dhakStjao

I'm just sitting back and drowning my mind with more Electro Swing.  8)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 2:37 pm

Probably. I'm sure smartphones will still exist, but specific phones such as Iphones/Androids may either be replaced our upgraded. As for 2000 by the time we reach 2020 the year will be seen as VERY outdated/old age. People see 2000 as the "the year things became futuristic, but as of 2016 that claim is now becoming silly as more "futuristic" tech and pop culture releases. People can remember 2000 quite well, but try to wrap your head around the fact that 2010's kids and 2020's kids weren't even born in 2000 or can remember 2000. So to them it's an relatively "old school" year.
I know! Just imagine when 2000 hits 50! It's going to be so awkward ;D ;D ;D ;D.

As for the phones, they will still be used; however, I think the technology for the convenience of social media will disappear where the world will be like 1.0 Futurama.

Written By: Howard on 08/09/16 at 2:41 pm

I know! Just imagine when 2000 hits 50! It's going to be so awkward ;D ;D ;D ;D.

As for the phones, they will still be used; however, I think the technology for the convenience of social media will disappear where the world will be like 1.0 Futurama.

We'll be talking to each other by Skype.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/09/16 at 2:45 pm

In 2020 smartphones may still exist. In 2029, not a chance.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 2:46 pm

We'll be talking to each other by Skype.
Well, we already are, but it will definitely be more advanced than right now.

In 2020 smartphones may still exist. 2029 not a chance.
Do you think it will be like Futurama 1.0?

Written By: Slim95 on 08/09/16 at 2:47 pm

I think phones how they are today will look ancient in the near future.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/09/16 at 2:48 pm

Well, we already are, but it will definitely be more advanced than right now.
Do you think it will be like Futurama 1.0?

Probably. It will be super high tech. I agree that technology for the use of social media will die out, and I am quite happy about that.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 2:55 pm

Oh they sure will. Right now, the Motorola Razr is in a museum.

Probably. It will be super high tech. I agree that technology for the use of social media will die out, and I am quite happy about that.
I think so too! Yeah, we're finally getting a real future of of the high-tech world.

Written By: Howard on 08/09/16 at 3:19 pm

In 2020 smartphones may still exist. In 2029, not a chance.

just about everything will be "smart".

Written By: Howard on 08/09/16 at 3:20 pm

What will become of payphones?

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/09/16 at 4:40 pm

By 2050 NOTHING from the 2000s or even 2010s in terms of pop culture, tech, politics, or economics will exist. We'd be in a world that isn't relateable in anyway to even the world of 2016. We'd be like "Hey! Remember when Hipsters and a thing? And remember when we used to have, uh, that Facebook thing?". Things such as Pokemon GO or SJWs won't exist by 2050 for example. Old 2000s stuff such as PS2 or Lilo and Stitch will become the old ancient classics.

So in short it'll be pretty awkward.  :D

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/09/16 at 5:14 pm

684n8FO68LU

You know what I'm seeing an hearing? JJJJJJJJAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!  :D

Oh, and I do find these 1920s videos to be pretty cool. However, I'm not sure if the 2020s will be digging up 100 year old culture. Although then again it may make a brief in the early 2020s, but I'm not sure how long it'll last.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 08/09/16 at 6:46 pm

By 2050 NOTHING from the 2000s or even 2010s in terms of pop culture, tech, politics, or economics will exist. We'd be in a world that isn't relateable in anyway to even the world of 2016. We'd be like "Hey! Remember when Hipsters and a thing? And remember when we used to have, uh, that Facebook thing?". Things such as Pokemon GO or SJWs won't exist by 2050 for example. Old 2000s stuff such as PS2 or Lilo and Stitch will become the old ancient classics.

I'm going to feel really old by the time digital stuff becomes old and gets replaced by something new, similar to how analog stuff is obsolete today. It will happen eventually and people would have to convert their digital stuff to something new in the future, just like how people convert everything analog to become digital today.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/09/16 at 6:53 pm

The Twitter twenties!  ;D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 7:41 pm

Or the 2020s or 2030s. Everything by then will be super outdated  nd they will be in museums as relics.

I'm going to feel really old by the time digital stuff becomes old and gets replaced by something new, similar to how analog stuff is obsolete today. It will happen eventually and people would have to convert their digital stuff to something new in the future, just like how people convert everything analog to become digital today.
We're going to have to think a brilliant idea to replace digital in the future.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/09/16 at 7:41 pm

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/hell-naw.gif

If I see people refer to it as Twitter Twenties I'm gonna flip in anger.  >:(

Sort of curious on what comes after digital. How long can we stay in a "digital age" before advancing to something new?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 7:46 pm

Sort of curious on what comes after digital. How long can we stay in a "digital age" before advancing to something new?
How about the Twitter Tens and the Twitter Thirties? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 08/09/16 at 8:17 pm

2050  ;D

http://static4.techinsider.io/image/56ccc8c66e97c61f048b922a-1200/our-ability-to-create-taller-buildings-means-we-will-have-massive-space-ports-that-will-decrease-travel-time-to-the-galaxy.jpg

Written By: muppethammer26 on 08/09/16 at 8:24 pm

2050  ;D

http://static4.techinsider.io/image/56ccc8c66e97c61f048b922a-1200/our-ability-to-create-taller-buildings-means-we-will-have-massive-space-ports-that-will-decrease-travel-time-to-the-galaxy.jpg

The towers in that picture looks like it's spread out instead of being close together.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/09/16 at 8:26 pm

I would feel really old when I have children, and they say that one of my favorite childhood movies is as old as Tom And Jerry was in the 2000s. Although, I think Lilo and Stitch is fairly old to me.

Written By: musicguy93 on 08/10/16 at 12:44 am

It's funny you mention Futurama, because I started rewatching it today, and was thinking about this thread! Anyway, a 1.0 Futurama would be pretty freaking sweet for the 2020s  :D!

Written By: musicguy93 on 08/10/16 at 12:45 am

2050  ;D

Hopefully it's more colorful.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/10/16 at 12:53 am

2050  ;D

Maybe more like 2090.   

Written By: 80sfan on 08/10/16 at 12:57 am

2050?

http://cdn.psfk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Visualizing-Technology-In-Our-Lives-In-2020-2.jpg

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/10/16 at 10:10 am

Hopefully it's more colorful.

http://i.imgur.com/qneBRyq.jpg

2050?

http://cdn.psfk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Visualizing-Technology-In-Our-Lives-In-2020-2.jpg

Possibly. Heck all we need is for holograms to be publicly used and then you'd start seeing them everywhere.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/10/16 at 10:12 am

I would feel really old when I have children, and they say that one of my favorite childhood movies is as old as Tom And Jerry was in the 2000s. Although, I think Lilo and Stitch is fairly old to me.

That's because Lilo and Stitch is old. Movie came out 14 years ago. By 2020-2029 the movie will be 18-27 years old. And by the 2050s the movie will be old as dirt.  8)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/10/16 at 11:03 am

2050?

If we have fast food that advanced in the 2050s, then I'll might feel old by then. Like, ancient old.

That's because Lilo and Stitch is old. Movie came out 14 years ago. By 2020-2029 the movie will be 18-27 years old. And by the 2050s the movie will be old as dirt.  8)

I could imagine having teenaged children, if I were married in my 30s, and I could somehow show him/her Lilo and Stitch. Their reaction would be priceless, since they would think that the film seems ancient to them.

Written By: bchris02 on 08/10/16 at 11:17 am

2050  ;D

I would say this future is more likely.

http://img01.deviantart.net/592f/i/2013/298/0/c/post_apocalypse_los_angeles_by_myjavier007-d6rse0b.png

Written By: Slim95 on 08/10/16 at 11:21 am

2050?

We'll probably have that by 2030.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/10/16 at 11:21 am

http://img01.deviantart.net/592f/i/2013/298/0/c/post_apocalypse_los_angeles_by_myjavier007-d6rse0b.png

I doubt that.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/10/16 at 11:32 am

......???  Doubt it

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/16 at 11:55 am

Neither photo seems likely (but the apocalyptic one less so). If you look at the skylines from 1982 and compare them to 2016, there's barely any noticeable difference, except the ugly post-WW2 architecture being less visible. The differences between 2050 and 2016 will probably be more on-the-ground.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/10/16 at 12:38 pm

Neither photo seems likely (but the apocalyptic one less so). If you look at the skylines from 1982 and compare them to 2016, there's barely any noticeable difference, except the ugly post-WW2 architecture being less visible. The differences between 2050 and 2016 will probably be more on-the-ground.

Nobody knows for sure.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/10/16 at 12:40 pm

I just realized I'm gonna be a 55 year old man in the year 2050.  :o

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/10/16 at 12:41 pm

Usually takes until the end of the century to see differences in skyline. 1982 will look pretty different from 2082. 100 years can make all the differences. Although I doubt there will be an apocalypse. Always thought that idea that as time moves forward the world gets worse mentality was really odd. 

Nobody knows for sure.

Nope. Although I'm sure we've all mentioned that everything mentioned in this thread was all just silly speculation and that none of us know what the future will be like.

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/16 at 1:43 pm

I just realized I'm gonna be a 55 year old man in the year 2050.  :o

Millennials will be like the Boomers of then, in our 50s and 60s. I wonder what our Gen Alpha kids will have to say about us ;D They'd be in their early 20s-mid 30s by then. They'd probably think we're 20th century dinosaurs, materialistic, and get grossed out by our skinny jeans :o

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/10/16 at 1:53 pm

Millennials will be like the Boomers of then, in our 50s and 60s. I wonder what our Gen Alpha kids will have to say about us ;D They'd be in their early 20s-mid 30s by then. They'd probably think we're 20th century dinosaurs, materialistic, and get grossed out by our skinny jeans :o

Millennials in their 50s-60s
Plurals in their 30s-40s
Alphas in their 10s (teens) - 20s
And for the youngest generation of the 2050s (Betas perhaps?) will be infants to kids.

As for skinny jeans I can't wait for the day that they're considered old fashion. :D

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/16 at 2:08 pm

Plurals in their 30s-40s
And for the youngest generation of the 2050s (Betas perhaps?) will be infants to kids.

As for skinny jeans I can't wait for the day that they're considered old fashion. :D

Gen Alpha starts 2013-2015ish. I've met a few 2010s babies, they haven't watched Frozen and don't know Hannah Montana. That's disqualifying :P

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/10/16 at 2:14 pm

Gen Alpha starts 2013-2015ish. I've met a few 2010s babies, they haven't watched Frozen and don't know Hannah Montana. That's disqualifying :P

Well most 2010s babies won't see Revival Era Disney movies when they release, but I'm sure they'd see they on Home Media releases (or streaming). As for Hannah Montana I thought she died in popularity by the time the TV show ended which was in 2011. So yeah I guess they wouldn't know. Although we still need to wait and see on which year Alpha generation will end.

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/16 at 2:58 pm

Well most 2010s babies won't see Revival Era Disney movies when they release, but I'm sure they'd see they on Home Media releases (or streaming). As for Hannah Montana I thought she died in popularity by the time the TV show ended which was in 2011. So yeah I guess they wouldn't know. Although we still need to wait and see on which year Alpha generation will end.

There were still reruns of Hannah Montana until 2013 I believe.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/10/16 at 3:29 pm

There were still reruns of Hannah Montana until 2013 I believe.

I think only early 2010s kids would be the last ones who watched Hannah Montana. Even though they're 2002-2007 babies.

Written By: Howard on 08/10/16 at 3:45 pm

So, How are we going to communicate?

Written By: Howard on 08/10/16 at 3:47 pm

technology always advances.

Written By: Howard on 08/10/16 at 3:49 pm

2050?

I like that idea.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/10/16 at 3:53 pm

Plurals in their 30s-40s

Wait ??? Wouldn't the Millennials be in their 60s and 70s in the 2050s? I think you guys are one decade behind.

That means the following generations would be:

Plurals in their 40s-50s
Alphas in their 20s-30s.
Betas: Kids and teens

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/16 at 4:00 pm

Wait ??? Wouldn't the Millennials be in their 60s and 70s in the 2050s? I think you guys are one decade behind.

That means the following generations would be:

Plurals in their 40s-50s
Alphas in their 20s-30s.
Betas: Kids and teens

The year 2050, not the decade.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/10/16 at 4:13 pm

The year 2050, not the decade.
Yeah, but throughout the decade, we will all be in our 60s and 70s. Keep in mind that 1980 will be 70 in that year.

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/16 at 4:23 pm

Yeah, but throughout the decade, we will all be in our 60s and 70s. Keep in mind that 1980 will be 70 in that year.

1980 people will be 69 at the turn of the decade, so there are technically no lies in our posts :P

Written By: Slim95 on 08/10/16 at 4:44 pm

No. I will be 55 - 60 from 2050 - 2055. So we won't "all" be in our 60s. The late millenials will be in their 50s and early mellenials in there 70s. So 50s, 60s, and 70s.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/10/16 at 4:46 pm

1980 people will be 69 at the turn of the decade, so there are technically no lies in our posts :P
Not exactly ::), only those born towards the end of the year. The rest will be 70. Just like the 2000 folks will be 50 that year.

Not really. I will be 55 - 60 from 2050 - 2055.
Yeah, but throughout the decade,  we'll be in our 60s and 70s.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/10/16 at 4:55 pm

More or less, yes. But those born in 2000 won't be 60 at all in the 50s.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/10/16 at 5:23 pm

I start Millennials at 1982 (due to graduating in 2000) so to me the oldest will b 68 by 2050. But it's up to anyone's guess. People give different gen ranges anyways.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/10/16 at 5:34 pm

More or less, yes. But those born in 2000 won't be 60 at all in the 50s.
That's because they're not Millennials, they're Centennials since they were born around the turn of the century. Millennials refer to those who graduated high school around that time which would be the oldest members.

I start Millennials at 1982 (due to graduating in 2000) so to me the oldest will b 68 by 2050. But it's up to anyone's guess. People give different gen ranges anyways.
It actually starts earlier than that (it's not my view, but sociologists'). Remember this generation is huge due to the fact that their parents had lots of children (though not as much when their parents had them). Currently, we're about 80 million and the second one in rankings are the Plurals with 70 million.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/10/16 at 5:38 pm

That's because they're not Millennials, they're Centennials since they were born around the turn of the century. Millennials refer to those who graduated high school around that time which would be the oldest members.
It actually starts earlier than that (it's not my view, but sociologists'). Remember this generation is huge due to the fact that their parents had lots of children (though not as much when their parents had them). Currently, we're about 80 million and the second one in rankings are the Plurals with 70 million.

No, most people consider people born up to 2000 millennials... Even people born after 2000 can be considered millennial.... It has nothing to do when you graduate. And centennial/millennial means the same thing. I'm born 1995 and I will be half 50s and half 60s in the 50s. Look up any article on Google and 90% will tell you millennials are born up to the year 2000.

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/16 at 5:54 pm

Not exactly ::), only those born towards the end of the year. The rest will be 70. Just like the 2000 folks will be 50 that year.

Err, okay, seems a bit pedantic.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/10/16 at 6:03 pm

No, most people consider people born up to 2000 millennials... Even people born after 2000 can be considered millennial.... It has nothing to do when you graduate. And centennial/millennial means the same thing. I'm born 1995 and I will be half 50s and half 60s in the 50s. Look up any article on Google and 90% will tell you millennials are born up to the year 2000.
Yeah, I have checked them out and some current ones also say they're Plurals. Furthermore, the graduation year is just one factor. There are other attributes you have look at.  Remember, they can't recall the events I listed in the other thread. Second, they can't vote and third, I have seen them in person especially since I personally know some and they don't have the typical Millennial characteristics.

As for the age, you will be in your 50s, but I was saying that throughout the 2050s, we will all be in our 60s and 70s. You seem to have forgotten that 80s folks are Millennials as well which will make them in their 70s during that period.

And by most people, do you mean people online and those you know? Even the people who are actual Millennials don't see 2000 folks as one of them.

What do you mean by that?

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/16 at 6:15 pm

Yeah, I have checked them out and some current ones also say they're Plurals. Furthermore, the graduation year is just one factor. There are other attributes you have look at.  Remember, they can't recall the events I listed in the other thread. Second, they can't vote and third, I have seen them in person especially since I personally know some and they don't have the typical Millennial characteristics.

As for the age, you will be in your 50s, but I was saying that throughout the 2050s, we will all be in our 60s and 70s. You seem to have forgotten that 80s folks are Millennials as well which will make them in their 70s during that period.

And by most people, do you mean people online and those you know? Even the people who are actual Millennials don't see 2000 folks as one of them.
What do you mean by that?

Well, Slim mentioned being 55 in 2050, and I said we (millennials) would be in ours 50s and 60s then. I guess technically those born 1980 would be 70, but it seems very hyper specific to go out of my way to mention that. ;D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/10/16 at 6:26 pm

Well, Slim mentioned being 55 in 2050, and I said we (millennials) would be in ours 50s and 60s then. I guess technically those born 1980 would be 70, but it seems very hyper specific to go out of my way to mention that. ;D
Well I understand we were talking about the year, but I was saying that later on throughout the decade, we will then be in our 60s and 70s. ;) By the mid 2050s, most of us in this generation won't even be in the 50s anymore.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/10/16 at 6:33 pm

I've never even heard the term "plural" outside of this forum. All young people are considered mellenials these days, even those born after 2000. But it is definitely for sure those born up to te year 2000 are mellenials, no questions asked.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/10/16 at 7:18 pm

I've never even heard the term "plural" outside of this forum. All young people are considered mellenials these days, even those born after 2000. But it is definitely for sure those born up to te year 2000 are mellenials, no questions asked.
Really? It's been used in articles and on other sites. Moreover, that's incorrect. Not all young folks are Millennials and there are some who don't even see themselves as part of the generation. Those in high school and under are Plurals. Here are some articles why the generation is named Plurals.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-hais-and-morley-winograd/plurals-generation_b_1492384.html

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/216355/plurals-americas-last-generation-with-caucasian.html

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/turner-says-post-millennial-generation-should-be-known-plurals-168994

Written By: 80sfan on 08/10/16 at 7:52 pm

Whoa!! That's a big word. Time for dictionary.com.  8)

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/16 at 8:16 pm

Whoa!! That's a big word. Time for dictionary.com.  8)

It's from Latin!

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/10/16 at 9:59 pm

All true. And, as automation continues to increase it's hold on our lives, the disappearance of jobs in the industrial and service sectors will continue to increase as well. Before long, it will be all but impossible for people without a college education to find work, leading to an inevitable Human vs. Machine Civil War in the 2040's. :o

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/10/16 at 10:22 pm

Plurals in their 30s-40s

People born in the 1980's will be seen the same way in the 2050's as people born in the 1880's were seen in the 1950's. By 2055, I will be as old as Fred Mertz was on I Love Lucy! :o

Written By: 2001 on 08/10/16 at 10:33 pm

All true. And, as automation continues to increase it's hold on our lives, the disappearance of jobs in the industrial and service sectors will continue to increase as well. Before long, it will be all but impossible for people without a college education to find work, leading to an inevitable Human vs. Machine Civil War in the 2040's. :o

Most common job in each state

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/job-in-each-state.png

There are 1.8 million heavy truck drivers in the US, they could all lose their jobs by the end of the 2020s :o I hope by then there's a decent safety net. We're testing a guaranteed minimum income here in Ontario in 2017, I wonder how it will work out.

Written By: #Infinity on 08/11/16 at 12:22 pm

People born in the 1980's will be seen the same way in the 2050's as people born in the 1880's were seen in the 1950's. By 2055, I will be as old as Fred Mertz was on I Love Lucy! :o

The 1980s could very well look vintage by the time we reach the mid-21st century. I remember being a kid in the 90s and early 2000s and thinking that the early to late 60s, while definitely retro, didn't seem too log ago. Now, I have trouble believing the early 90s are the same difference from the 1960s as they are from the present day.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/11/16 at 1:02 pm

The 1980s could very well look vintage by the time we reach the mid-21st century. I remember being a kid in the 90s and early 2000s and thinking that the early to late 60s, while definitely retro, didn't seem too log ago. Now, I have trouble believing the early 90s are the same difference from the 1960s as they are from the present day.
I agree and so will the 90s and 2000s since they will be 40 and over by that time period.

And yeah, it's crazy! The early 90s will be pushing 30 in the next few years :o :o :o

Written By: 80sfan on 08/11/16 at 1:59 pm

The 1980's are going to look ancient by the 2060's.  :D

Written By: 2001 on 08/11/16 at 2:38 pm

It will be like what the 1930s are today.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/11/16 at 2:46 pm

Oh no!  :-[

Written By: Howard on 08/11/16 at 3:36 pm

No. I will be 55 - 60 from 2050 - 2055. So we won't "all" be in our 60s. The late millenials will be in their 50s and early mellenials in there 70s. So 50s, 60s, and 70s.

I will be 75-80 years of age.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/11/16 at 4:43 pm

It was a fun decade to grow up in.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/11/16 at 5:30 pm

By the mid 21st century we'll all be old fogies.

By the mid 21st century:
The early 21st century will be seen as an old time
The late 20th century (and all of us born in the late 20th century) will be old as dirt

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/11/16 at 5:37 pm

And so will the 1940s, 50s and 60s by the 2020s, 2030s and 2040s respectively. Hell, even the 1900s, 1910s and 1920s were ancient by the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.

By the mid 21st century we'll all be old fogies.

By the mid 21st century:
The early 21st century will be seen as an old time
The late 20th century (and all of us born in the late 20th century) will be old as dirt
Agreed! Damn, I can't believe we're all going to those old folks in the next 30-40 years :D ;D

Written By: nintieskid999 on 08/11/16 at 6:10 pm

2010s = 1930s
2020s = 1940s
2030s = 1950s

Written By: 2001 on 08/11/16 at 6:17 pm

2010s = 1930s
2020s = 1940s
2030s = 1950s

And the 2000s were the 1920s?

http://i.imgur.com/6co2LE1.gif

(okay, I'll stop spamming this GIF now... but it's so useful!)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/11/16 at 6:19 pm

2010s = 1930s
2020s = 1940s
2030s = 1950s
Does this mean the decades equated with each other have similarities respectively with one another?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/11/16 at 6:50 pm

And so will the 1940s, 50s and 60s by the 2020s, 2030s and 2040s respectively. Hell, even the 1900s, 1910s and 1920s were ancient by the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.
Agreed! Damn, I can't believe we're all going to those old folks in the next 30-40 years :D ;D

We all scream for ice cream!!!

http://media.gettyimages.com/videos/close-up-zoom-out-smiling-fat-man-eating-ice-cream-dessert-audio-video-id822-96?s=640x640

Written By: 2001 on 08/11/16 at 7:48 pm

http://media.gettyimages.com/videos/close-up-zoom-out-smiling-fat-man-eating-ice-cream-dessert-audio-video-id822-96?s=640x640

The ice cream truck that hits the park at 6PM encourages me to play Pokémon GO everyday.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/11/16 at 8:02 pm

The ice cream truck that hits the park at 6PM encourages me to play Pokémon GO everyday.

I can't, I'm on a diet.  :-\\

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/11/16 at 8:47 pm

Yeah man!!!! :D :D ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 08/11/16 at 9:11 pm

Yeah man!!!! :D :D ;D

;D

Written By: Howard on 08/12/16 at 9:11 am

Hey, We don't stay young forever. ;)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/12/16 at 10:24 am

Well you're right, but we don't have to be defined by our wrinkles either though ;)

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/12/16 at 1:18 pm

Says you! I went on a magic hunt last year and found the fountain of youth. Now I'm young and hip FOREVAH!  :D  Everyone else will be a bunch of old fogies.

Written By: Howard on 08/12/16 at 3:18 pm

Well you're right, but we don't have to be defined by our wrinkles either though ;)

and grey hair.

Written By: Howard on 08/12/16 at 3:19 pm

Says you! I went on a magic hunt last year and found the fountain of youth. Now I'm young and hip FOREVAH!  :D  Everyone else will be a bunch of old fogies.

one day you'll be old with wrinkles, arthritis and missing teeth. :P

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/12/16 at 3:23 pm

and grey hair.
that too. Some people can rock Gray hair ;)

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/12/16 at 7:45 pm

one day you'll be old with wrinkles, arthritis and missing teeth. :P

As long as I keep my body in shape I'll be alright. Although that's easier said than done. Old people are lazy. Gonna have to start getting into the habit of exercising early on. As for missing teeth...........welp guess I wouldn't have to worry about visiting the dentist. Can't treat what's no longer there, right?

My life goal is to reach 100 in age. If I die at age 99 then I'm gonna whine about it in the after life for all eternity. "I could've lived a century, but nnoooooooooooooo! I just HAD to have heart failure! >:( ". Then I'mma run into Slowpoke there and we'll just probably sit back and play a long game of chess or something.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/12/16 at 8:35 pm

Oh, the '80s and early '90s will seem positively ancient by the time we get to 2050. Heck, they already do in some ways today. Image, with the kinds of technology that will be around in 40 years, how old a time without HDTV, 3D video gaming, cell phones and internet will look! :o

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/12/16 at 8:41 pm

Oh, the '80s and early '90s will seem positively ancient by the time we get to 2050. Heck, they already do in some ways today. Image, with the kinds of technology that will be around in 40 years, how old a time without HDTV, 3D video gaming, cell phones and internet will look! :o

- CRT TVs will be on the same level as them old 20th century radio players
- Modern day HDTVs will look ancient. By 2050 we'll be well above 1080p or 4K
- 3D Gaming? Pfftt Virtual Reality will be huge or 3D gaming will find some way to be more immersive
- I'm afraid to imagine how cell phones will be
- When it comes to internet we'd probably be in a Web 6.0 world or something

Oh...and we'd probably see them flying cars....hopefully....I just wanna fly, man  :-\\

Written By: 2001 on 08/13/16 at 12:04 am

As long as I keep my body in shape I'll be alright. Although that's easier said than done. Old people are lazy. Gonna have to start getting into the habit of exercising early on. As for missing teeth...........welp guess I wouldn't have to worry about visiting the dentist. Can't treat what's no longer there, right?

My life goal is to reach 100 in age. If I die at age 99 then I'm gonna whine about it in the after life for all eternity. "I could've lived a century, but nnoooooooooooooo! I just HAD to have heart failure! >:( ". Then I'mma run into Slowpoke there and we'll just probably sit back and play a long game of chess or something.

When I was a kid, I always imagined heaven being basically Pokémon land. They say you can have whatever you want right?  :o

Written By: 2001 on 08/13/16 at 12:08 am

In the 2050s, life before Internet will feel as long ago as life before TV is now.

The original iPhone will be as old as 8-tracks are now.

9/11 will be as old as the assassination of Kennedy is today.

Green Day will be as old as the Beatles are today.

Bill Clinton era will be as old as the Eisenhower era is today. You think 1990s nostalgia is bad now?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/13/16 at 12:08 am

When I was a kid, I always imagined heaven being basically Pokémon land. They say you can have whatever you want right?  :o

You can then stay with the other pink ones in heaven.  :)

Written By: #Infinity on 08/13/16 at 12:45 am

In the 2050s, life before Internet will feel as long ago as life before TV is now.

Bill Clinton era will be as old as the Eisenhower era is today. You think 1990s nostalgia is bad now?

Consider these, too:

* Pong will have come out closer to the 19th Century/Victorian Age than to the present.
* Video games today will be as old as Pong is now.
* Hip hop will be as old as jazz was back when hip hop first became popular.
* Eminem's Slim Shady LP will have been released closer to World War II than to the present.
* Facebook will have first come out closer to the beginning of the 60s than to the present.

By the way, Green Day are technically already about as old now as the Beatles were when they came out, if you consider their pre-Dookie material, at least.

Written By: 2001 on 08/13/16 at 12:57 am

Consider these, too:

* Pong will have come out closer to the 19th Century/Victorian Age than to the present.
* Eminem's Slim Shady LP will have been released closer to World War II than to the present.
* Facebook will have first come out closer to the beginning of the 60s than to the present.

By the way, Green Day are technically already about as old now as the Beatles were when they came out, if you consider their pre-Dookie material, at least.

Oh, I meant in 2050, Dookie will be 56 years old, which is close to how old Please Please Me is today (53 years old).

Written By: 80sfan on 08/13/16 at 1:13 am

I think it will be a fun decade, pop culturally. I'm not sure about politically lighthearted, life is unpredictable. But maybe the music industry and Hollywood, is saving its better tricks for the 2020's.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 08/13/16 at 1:14 am

Damn... that's shocking when you really think about it. :o

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/13/16 at 1:53 am

I think they will be ancient by 2040 since by then it would be 47 to 60 years ago! :o

- 3D Gaming? Pfftt Virtual Reality will be huge or 3D gaming will find some way to be more immersive

Oh...and we'd probably see them flying cars....hopefully....I just wanna fly, man  :-\\

Consider these, too:

Damn!!!! Everything you guys all said will be over 50 and (and even over or close to 100! :o :o) by that year. Shoot, the passage of time is sometimes scary to think about. By then, WWII will be over 100 and the Civil War will be pushing 200! :o :o

Written By: 80sfan on 08/13/16 at 2:22 am

I will be in my 60's in the 2050's.

Written By: Howard on 08/13/16 at 7:51 am

My life goal is to reach 100 in age.
If I die at age 99 then I'm gonna whine about it in the after life for all eternity. "I could've lived a century, but nnoooooooooooooo! I just HAD to have heart failure! >:( ". Then I'mma run into Slowpoke there and we'll just probably sit back and play a long game of chess or something.

Good Luck with that.

Written By: Howard on 08/13/16 at 7:52 am

I want to know what they'll look like.

Written By: 2001 on 08/13/16 at 9:45 am

I will be in my 60's in the 2050's.

Still a long way to go ;D

Written By: #Infinity on 08/13/16 at 4:36 pm

We're already as close to this century's halfway point as we are to 1982! :o

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/13/16 at 4:53 pm

We're already as close to this century's halfway point as we are to 1982! :o
Oh damn, you're right. 2050 is only 34 years away!

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/13/16 at 5:06 pm

I feel like music will become a lot more electronic (not EDM, but more futuristic) sounding, such as hip hop, R&B (kind of has), maybe even something like country (at least more so than it is now). I also think by the mid 2020s, VR will have become a normal thing that most gamers have or do.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/13/16 at 5:24 pm

I feel like music will become a lot more electronic (not EDM, but more futuristic) sounding, such as hip hop, R&B (kind of has), maybe even something like country (at least more so than it is now). I also think by the mid 2020s, VR will have become a normal thing that most gamers have or do.

There better be futuristic jazz in the 2020s. In all seriousness I've wondering what music would be like overall. If music tries to become more futuristic then that'll be like a 2000s revival thing. Around the Y2K era and the futurism trend that was around during that time there was a lot of music and singers that tried to go for a futuristic style. If 2020s music tries to go for a futuristic style then it may unintentionally be like a 2000s/Y2K music revival.

But when also speaking of music I've been curious on what kind of genres will be invented, be popular, and fall in popularity. The type of Hip Hop or Rap music that you hear now would most likely be given a different style or sound as time moves on. And there would probably be more sub genres of Hip Hop and/or Rap.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/13/16 at 6:08 pm

There better be futuristic jazz in the 2020s. In all seriousness I've wondering what music would be like overall. If music tries to become more futuristic then that'll be like a 2000s revival thing. Around the Y2K era and the futurism trend that was around during that time there was a lot of music and singers that tried to go for a futuristic style. If 2020s music tries to go for a futuristic style then it may unintentionally be like a 2000s/Y2K music revival.

But when also speaking of music I've been curious on what kind of genres will be invented, be popular, and fall in popularity. The type of Hip Hop or Rap music that you hear now would most likely be given a different style or sound as time moves on. And there would probably be more sub genres of Hip Hop and/or Rap.

You may be joking about the Jazz thing, but that's my favorite genre of music, I'd love for any type to become more popular.  ;D And yeah, I'm also interested in what new genres will emerge and how music will evolve. That'd be interesting if there was a 2000s music revival of sorts, hopefully, it has its own unique style though.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/13/16 at 7:21 pm

When will driver-less/self driving cars be affordable to the masses, and about 40% of people will drive it?

I'm asking because it's kind of like the internet, where the internet was around since the 1950's, but didn't become affordable/popular with the masses until the mid/late 1990's.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/13/16 at 8:43 pm

You may be joking about the Jazz thing, but that's my favorite genre of music, I'd love for any type to become more popular.  ;D

WHOA WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o 
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/60806484.jpg

And yeah, I'm also interested in what new genres will emerge and how music will evolve. That'd be interesting if there was a 2000s music revival of sorts, hopefully, it has its own unique style though.

I'm fine with a 2000s music revival if it means the comeback of Funky House which was popular in the early-mid 2000s. But I'm also interested in the '20s having it's own unique sound in terms of music.  8)

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/13/16 at 8:45 pm

When will driver-less/self driving cars be affordable to the masses, and about 40% of people will drive it?

I'm asking because it's kind of like the internet, where the internet was around since the 1950's, but didn't become affordable/popular with the masses until the mid/late 1990's.

2020s could bring self driving cars. When they become popular? Eeehhhh, I'd probably give it another 10-20 years where they would become pretty common. I assume that not many people would use self driving cars at first due to pricing and probably not trusting the cars to guide themselves. But as time passes into the mid 21st century they would be used more often, I assume.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/13/16 at 9:23 pm

2020s could bring self driving cars. When they become popular? Eeehhhh, I'd probably give it another 10-20 years where they would become pretty common. I assume that not many people would use self driving cars at first due to pricing and probably not trusting the cars to guide themselves. But as time passes into the mid 21st century they would be used more often, I assume.

Honestly, they kind of sound scary, possibly unsafe, to me.

Written By: 2001 on 08/13/16 at 9:24 pm

Self driving doesn't cost much, it's just software and sensors. The Tesla Model S releasse in 2018, it will have an autopilot and it will cost $30k, but it's expensive because it's electric not because of self driving. Oh that's another thing about the 2020s, I think solar/wind energy can really take off, and electric cars will become a lot more common. There's so many talented people working in that industry, I can see real progress happening.

A lot of cars already have some self driving features, like auto parallel parking.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/13/16 at 9:37 pm

WHOA WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o 
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/60806484.jpg

Oh my God, someone else who likes Jazz  :D  What type(s) or what artists/bands do you listen to?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/13/16 at 10:03 pm

Self driving doesn't cost much, it's just software and sensors. The Tesla Model S releasse in 2018, it will have an autopilot and it will cost $30k, but it's expensive because it's electric not because of self driving. Oh that's another thing about the 2020s, I think solar/wind energy can really take off, and electric cars will become a lot more common. There's so many talented people working in that industry, I can see real progress happening.

A lot of cars already have some self driving features, like auto parallel parking.

So it's highly possible that self driving cars will be popular by 2030?

Written By: 2001 on 08/13/16 at 10:07 pm

So it's highly possible that self driving cars will be popular by 2030?

I'd say by 2020 or 2021, they'll be a daily sight. By 2025, it will be majority of the cars on the road. I could see manual cars being illegal by the end of the decade, except on some roads for enthusiasts.

It all hinges on whether Google actually releases their cars in 2020 though. If they release it later, then it will take a while longer to get popular.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/13/16 at 10:17 pm

I'd say by 2020 or 2021, they'll be a daily sight. By 2025, it will be majority of the cars on the road. I could see manual cars being illegal by the end of the decade, except on some roads for enthusiasts.

It all hinges on whether Google actually releases their cars in 2020 though. If they release it later, then it will take a while longer to get popular.

I remember seeing a Batman cartoon (the one from 1992), and seeing a driver-less car in the show. It's cool that it's likely going to come true, in my lifetime.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/13/16 at 10:17 pm

I don't think so. I think within the next 5-10 years self-driving cars will be common place. They say by 2020 it will cover about 30% of the road.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/13/16 at 10:36 pm

Oh my God, someone else who likes Jazz  :D  What type(s) or what artists/bands do you listen to?

Artie Shaw, Duke Ellington, Cab Calloway, Louis Armstrong, Benny Goodman, Jimmie Lunceford, and Benny Carter (to name a few) for old classical Jazz.
For modern Jazz I listen to Parov Stelar, Caravan Palace, and Funky Panda (not many do Jazzy music nowadays so my modern Jazz list isn't long) with a few one hit wonders.

For the types of I Jazz listen to?
- Big Band Swing
- Electro Swing
- Blues
- Jazz Fusion
- Bebop

You?

From Big Band Swing
LJ4-mooHPMY

To Electro Swing
TtXMeMR81q4

I need to get better at making my own tracks.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/13/16 at 11:06 pm

Artie Shaw, Duke Ellington, Cab Calloway, Louis Armstrong, Benny Goodman, Jimmie Lunceford, and Benny Carter (to name a few) for old classical Jazz.
For modern Jazz I listen to Parov Stelar, Caravan Palace, and Funky Panda (not many do Jazzy music nowadays so my modern Jazz list isn't long) with a few one hit wonders.

For the types of I Jazz listen to?
- Big Band Swing
- Electro Swing
- Blues
- Jazz Fusion
- Bebop

You?

I haven't heard Jimmie Lunceford's music, but all of the other classic Jazz guys you mention I listen to, I also listen to Frankie Carle, Glenn Miller, Kay Kyser, Tommy Dorsey, Count Basie, and Spike Hughes to name a few (there's more of course, but this list can't be too long) Big Band guys. I also listen to Vocal Jazz from that time such as the Nat King Cole Trio and Ella Fitzgerald.
With modern Jazz, I have only listened to Electro Swing really such as the ones you've listed.

I listen to the types you mentioned as well as Gypsy Jazz and Vocal Jazz. Albert Ayler is the only Jazz musician I've heard I really just don't like (I'm sorry if you do  :( ).

I just listened to the songs you linked, and I guess I've now listened to Jimmie Lunceford, I really liked those I'm going to check out more of his music. I actually listened to the Electro Swing Posin before, but I never knew who originally did it.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/13/16 at 11:44 pm

I will be 75-80 years of age.

We're gonna be old men Howard.  :(

Written By: Slim95 on 08/13/16 at 11:49 pm

I wanna live until I'm 105 so I can see the year 2100. But I'm not counting on it lol.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/13/16 at 11:55 pm

Oh damn, you're right. 2050 is only 34 years away!

Oh shoot! Better go to the store and buy a walking stick quick!  ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 08/13/16 at 11:58 pm

It think 2020 will be similar to 2000. I have a feeling it will have that cheesy futuristic feel of the Y2K era. The year 2020 sounds cool and futuristic when you say it, and 2000 will be 20 years old and retro, so I do have a feeling the 2020s will be like that and fun. As for music, I think it will it will be a genre based on electronic elements. It will be a pretty unique sound to music I think.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/14/16 at 12:00 am

Well the difference was no one knew about the internet in the 1960s except for the military. Self driving cars today are like what the internet was in the early 90s. So in 10 years, most people will be on the roads with self-driving cars.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/14/16 at 12:02 am

I haven't heard Jimmie Lunceford's music, but all of the other classic Jazz guys you mention I listen to, I also listen to Frankie Carle, Glenn Miller, Kay Kyser, Tommy Dorsey, Count Basie, and Spike Hughes to name a few (there's more of course, but this list can't be too long) Big Band guys. I also listen to Vocal Jazz from that time such as the Nat King Cole Trio and Ella Fitzgerald.
With modern Jazz, I have only listened to Electro Swing really such as the ones you've listed.

I listen to the types you mentioned as well as Gypsy Jazz and Vocal Jazz. Albert Ayler is the only Jazz musician I've heard I really just don't like (I'm sorry if you do  :( ).

I just listened to the songs you linked, and I guess I've now listened to Jimmie Lunceford, I really liked those I'm going to check out more of his music. I actually listened to the Electro Swing Posin before, but I never knew who originally did it.

For Electro Swing I wish my list was bigger, but there aren't many bands that do Electro Swing. And most of the ones that do may only make 1 or 2 tracks. To try and give my full list of bands/artists

- Parov Stelar
OydP-Vb1NQE

- Caravan Palace
LlBTbHDvSco

- TAPE FIVE
n8Wx80TZ8OQ

- Electric Swing Circus
U8v_IXoELJ8

- Funky Panda
HGbW44AEHeM

- Goldfish
oGt6zPIfUuU

- Peggy Suave
yz7TiORMhLY

And that's all I can think of (although you can find more on Bandcamp and Soundcloud, but the artists on there haven't made Electro Swing tracks in months/years now). And then there are the tons and tons of artists who just make maybe 1 or 2 Electro Swing tracks. For example:

C2C - Happy
tvY7Nw1i6Kw

Jazzbit - Swingin Man
uv_h4C6fb1k

Gramophonedzie - Why Don't You
JQOcKDWI3CU

Yeah, like you I'm trying to avoid making a long list of Big Band swing artists as there are too many. But to put it shortly about 70-80% of Big Band Swing artists I enjoy. I also like Vocal Jazz and a few Gypsy Jazz tracks (although I'm not the biggest Gypsy Jazz fan). As for Albert Ayler while I do like some of tracks such as "Ghost" and "Goin Home" I never really cared too much for his other tracks.

Have any Jazzy tracks that you find to be your favorites?

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/14/16 at 12:04 am

I wanna live until I'm 105 so I can see the year 2021. But I'm not counting on it lol.

You mean 2101? Unless you mean that by 2021 you'll be 105 and that you're in your 90s as of 2016.  ;D It'd be cool to see the 22nd century, but in order to do so I'd have to be 111 years old which ain't gonna happen. I'll probably die from choking on cheese or something.

"THIS JUST IN! OLD MAN DIES FROM CHEESE" is what the news headlines will say.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/14/16 at 12:05 am

You mean 2101? Unless you mean that by 2021 you'll be 105 and that you're in your 90s as of 2016.  ;D It'd be cool to see the 22

Yes, sorry my bad, I meant 2100 actually. Fixed it now. It would be very cool to see.

Written By: 2001 on 08/14/16 at 12:08 am

Do you guys think they'll discover how to reverse ageing in our lifetimes? The Russian billionaire rumours say it could happen by the 2040s  :o

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/14/16 at 12:10 am

It think 2020 will be similar to 2000. I have a feeling it will have that cheesy futuristic feel of the Y2K era. The year 2020 sounds cool and futuristic when you say it, and 2000 will be 20 years old and retro, so I do have a feeling the 2020s will be like that and fun. As for music, I think it will it will be a genre based on electronic elements. It will be a pretty unique sound to music I think.

Yeah, both 2020 and 2000 had them cool/futuristic sounding names. 2000 sounded pretty futuristic (nowadays it doesn't, but back then it did) and 2020 and all 2020 years sound pretty futuristic. I'd imagine people would try to go for that futuristic sound which would give way to the music being based on electronic elements. We may end up seeing some pretty innovative/unique electronic music or sounds in the 2020s. All aboard the train to the future. It'll be stopping in........4 years  :( I hate waiting. I'm already eager to see the next decade.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/14/16 at 12:11 am

Do you guys think they'll discover how to reverse ageing in our lifetimes? The Russian billionaire rumours say it could happen by the 2040s  :o

I hope so. Otherwise I'll only have my Dad's young looking gene as my only hope.  ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 08/14/16 at 12:13 am

Yeah, both 2020 and 2000 had them cool/futuristic sounding names. 2000 sounded pretty futuristic (nowadays it doesn't, but back then it did) and 2020 and all 2020 years sound pretty futuristic. I'd imagine people would try to go for that futuristic sound which would give way to the music being based on electronic elements. We may end up seeing some pretty innovative/unique electronic music or sounds in the 2020s. All aboard the train to the future. It'll be stopping in........4 years  :( I hate waiting. I'm already eager to see the next decade.

Yeah, I wonder if some cool looking glasses will be trendy in the 2020s. Because you know, "2020 Vision"  ;D.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/14/16 at 12:14 am

Sound like a fountain of youth sort of thing? Biologically rejuvenating the cells and body parts of a person so they can become younger is something that I don't expect for another few centuries. But I do hear rumors of scientists already in progress on working on ways to extend the life of human beings. By the 2030s there is rumor to be chips that could be placed within humans which would help keep the body healthy and strong enough to keep on living. And by the end of the 21st century or the beginning of the 22nd century humans should be able to live an extra 20-50 years than they already do now. Meaning that someone born in 2070 could end up living up to 2220 or something.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/14/16 at 12:19 am

Yeah, I wonder if some cool looking glasses will be trendy in the 2020s. Because you know, "2020 Vision"  ;D.

That right there calls for the Y2K era Oakley sunglasses.  8) The glasses of the future.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/5e0a0c4aa043099e59ae5a057117dca7/tumblr_o38x1gVxSA1v0jfsto8_1280.jpg
https://66.media.tumblr.com/cdec46648761c711e511119d985191de/tumblr_o3jf1pBTOL1v0jfsto1_500.jpg

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/14/16 at 1:04 am

For Electro Swing I wish my list was bigger, but there aren't many bands that do Electro Swing. And most of the ones that do may only make 1 or 2 tracks. To try and give my full list of bands/artists

- Parov Stelar
OydP-Vb1NQE

- Caravan Palace
LlBTbHDvSco

- TAPE FIVE
n8Wx80TZ8OQ

- Electric Swing Circus
U8v_IXoELJ8

- Funky Panda
HGbW44AEHeM

- Goldfish
oGt6zPIfUuU

- Peggy Suave
yz7TiORMhLY

And that's all I can think of (although you can find more on Bandcamp and Soundcloud, but the artists on there haven't made Electro Swing tracks in months/years now). And then there are the tons and tons of artists who just make maybe 1 or 2 Electro Swing tracks. For example:

C2C - Happy
tvY7Nw1i6Kw

Jazzbit - Swingin Man
uv_h4C6fb1k

JQOcKDWI3CU

Yeah, like you I'm trying to avoid making a long list of Big Band swing artists as there are too many. But to put it shortly about 70-80% of Big Band Swing artists I enjoy. I also like Vocal Jazz and a few Gypsy Jazz tracks (although I'm not the biggest Gypsy Jazz fan). As for Albert Ayler while I do like some of tracks such as "Ghost" and "Goin Home" I never really cared too much for his other tracks.

I don't actually have a top anything, but here are five that I like. I'll put the first ones that come to mind.

Artie Shaw - Frenesi
sMOHMYl5BCs

Glenn Miller - Moonlight Serenade
_X8sz_wgrSc

Duke Ellington - Three Little Words
Gsf_V6bbcRk

Frankie Carle - Oh, What It Seemed to Be
0G4kT6HK6oI

Louis Armstrong - A Kiss to Build a Dream On
NDgncPD0bew

I made some Spotify playlists that have a lot of Jazz for the 1930s and the 1940s if I can find them, I'll link them. Also, did you mean my favorite Electro Swing songs or Jazz in general?

Written By: whistledog on 08/14/16 at 2:08 am

I don't actually have a top anything, but here are five that I like. I'll put the first ones that come to mind.

Artie Shaw - Frenesi
sMOHMYl5BCs

Glenn Miller - Moonlight Serenade
_X8sz_wgrSc

Duke Ellington - Three Little Words
Gsf_V6bbcRk

Frankie Carle - Oh, What It Seemed to Be
0G4kT6HK6oI

Louis Armstrong - A Kiss to Build a Dream On
NDgncPD0bew

I made some Spotify playlists that have a lot of Jazz for the 1930s and the 1940s if I can find them, I'll link them. Also, did you mean my favorite Electro Swing songs or Jazz in general?

- Parov Stelar
OydP-Vb1NQE

- Caravan Palace
LlBTbHDvSco

- TAPE FIVE
n8Wx80TZ8OQ

- Electric Swing Circus
U8v_IXoELJ8

- Funky Panda
HGbW44AEHeM

- Goldfish
oGt6zPIfUuU

- Peggy Suave
yz7TiORMhLY

C2C - Happy
tvY7Nw1i6Kw

Jazzbit - Swingin Man
uv_h4C6fb1k

JQOcKDWI3CU

I don't have anything to contribute.  I just wanted to make a really long post to make it look like I had something to contribute

Written By: Howard on 08/14/16 at 7:21 am

I'm pretty sure it will be available soon.

Written By: Howard on 08/14/16 at 7:23 am

I like George Benson.

Written By: Howard on 08/14/16 at 7:26 am

Oh shoot! Better go to the store and buy a walking stick quick!  ;D

and your false teeth.

Written By: Howard on 08/14/16 at 7:27 am

Like X-Ray glasses?

Written By: 2001 on 08/15/16 at 10:23 pm

Like X-Ray glasses?

I got a survey from Google about Google Glass the other day, asking if I own one or I'd be interested in owning one etc. They might bring it back :o

Also, here's a video of a granny driving a self-driving Tesla! ;D

B1WanSA3Fwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1WanSA3Fwg

Written By: Howard on 08/16/16 at 8:04 am

I got a survey from Google about Google Glass the other day, asking if I own one or I'd be interested in owning one etc. They might bring it back :o

Also, here's a video of a granny driving a self-driving Tesla! ;D

B1WanSA3Fwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1WanSA3Fwg

;D

Written By: ralfy on 08/16/16 at 8:21 am

We should also consider more than four decades' worth of data tracking forecasts:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/02/limits-to-growth-was-right-new-research-shows-were-nearing-collapse

Check for new replies or respond here...