inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Samsung recalls Note 7 flagship over explosive batteries

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/05/16 at 5:23 am

Samsung Electronics is recalling its flagship Galaxy Note 7 smartphone and said that battery problems were behind phones catching fire.
The decision follows reports in the US and South Korea of the phone "exploding" during or after charging.
The South Korean company said customers who had already bought the phone would be able to swap it for a new one.
Samsung said it had been difficult to work out which phones were affected among the 2.5 million Note 7s sold.
"There was a tiny problem in the manufacturing process, so it was very difficult to figure out,'' the president of Samsung's mobile business Koh Dong-jin told reporters.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37253742

Subject: Re: Samsung recalls Note 7 flagship over explosive batteries

Written By: 2001 on 09/05/16 at 12:43 pm

Their best phone in a long time and they fumble it. Sad!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/05/16 at 1:34 pm

Well, I still prefer using desktop or laptop computers anyway. Smartphones are pretty much lame devices that keep occupying today's kids, since they don't know a lot about actual computers.

Written By: Howard on 09/05/16 at 2:40 pm

Well, I still prefer using desktop or laptop computers anyway. Smartphones are pretty much lame devices that keep occupying today's kids, since they don't know a lot about actual computers.

I agree with you.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/05/16 at 5:50 pm

I don't know what all the fuss is about with these smart phones. My flip phone works just fine.

Written By: 2001 on 09/05/16 at 5:56 pm

I use my phone for everything.  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...