inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: In what school year did the policies of Obama start having an effect on students

Written By: d90 on 09/16/16 at 3:09 pm

When did the school lunch policy that Michelle Obama introduced start having an effect on students

Subject: Re: In what school year did the policies of Obama start having an effect on students

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/16/16 at 3:30 pm

School lunch wasn't a thing to be excited about, but I think that Michelle Obama's lunch law didn't really affect me that much. Sure, the food pyramid was turned into the MyPlate chart, but it didn't change anything about the school food menus. Although, I miss when they have desserts that make school lunches interesting. Or maybe that's something which is only available towards elementary and middle school.

Subject: Re: In what school year did the policies of Obama start having an effect on students

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/03/16 at 2:11 pm

I would say the 2010-11 one. That's when the policies began having an impact on students to where education was going to be different from the Bush era. 

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/03/16 at 2:17 pm

I would say the 2010-11 one. That's when the policies began having an impact on students to where education was going to be different from the Bush era.

I don't think education was different from the Bush era when Obama took office. It still seems the same, especially with the No Child Left Behind Act enacted in early 2002.

Written By: mqg96 on 10/03/16 at 9:10 pm

Agreed. When it comes to Michelle Obama's health policies, then I would go with the 2012-13 school year over here, because that's when the snack machines were banned from our school.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/03/16 at 11:25 pm

Thank God I was out of public school before that Liberal lunacy took effect!  ::)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/04/16 at 8:27 am

Agreed. When it comes to Michelle Obama's health policies, then I would go with the 2012-13 school year over here, because that's when the snack machines were banned from our school.

It didn't change that much in New York. They still have snack machines in my school.

Written By: GH1996 on 10/18/16 at 12:20 am

When i was in school in 2007 they still had junk food in school vending machines and cafeteria, i think in 2008 or 09 they put "healthy snacks" in and everyone was bummed out.

Then again i went to school in Canada

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/19/16 at 7:27 pm

When did teachers start handing out trophies just for participating? The younger millennials now really have a sense of entitlement with how they expect everything to just be given to them without working for it.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/19/16 at 8:11 pm

When did teachers start handing out trophies just for participating? The younger millennials now really have a sense of entitlement with how they expect everything to just be given to them without working for it.

They don't do that at any of my schools, though.

Check for new replies or respond here...