inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/02/16 at 8:08 am

A spin off of the Harry Potter series is coming out! I want to go see it! https://youtu.be/sGNnv_g9h4k

Here's what the Wiki article said it was about:

In 1926, Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) arrives at the Magical Congress of the United States of America for a meeting with an important official. At this meeting is a magically expanded briefcase, which houses a number of dangerous creatures and their habitats. When the creatures escape from the briefcase, it sends the American wizarding authorities after Newt.

The situation threatens to strain even further the state of magical and non-magical relations, which is already in a dangerous place, due to the threatening presence of the fanatical New Salem Philanthropic Society, an extremist organization dedicated to the eradication of wizard-kind. Newt battles to correct the mistake, and the horrors of the resultant increase in violence, fear, and tension felt between magical and non-magical people.

sGNnv_g9h4k

Subject: Re: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them

Written By: 2001 on 10/02/16 at 5:34 pm

I've been meaning to read the book. I probably should before this movie comes out!

Subject: Re: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/02/16 at 6:58 pm

I've been meaning to read the book. I probably should before this movie comes out!

I didn't even realize there was such a book. Not surprising. I should get around to that when I'm caught up on the Miss Peregrine series first.

Check for new replies or respond here...