inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are the 2010s the real decade from hell?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 10/22/16 at 4:21 am

I want them to end now. I'm so sick and tired of them it's not even funny.

Subject: Re: Are the 2010s the real decade from hell?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/16 at 4:46 am

Any year or decade is good when you are blessed with God's Gracious Gift of being alive.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 8:26 am

Hopefully, it will end in a few years. So I wouldn't say that we're doomed by it.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/22/16 at 10:06 am

Not from the pits, but from politics. The 2010s especially current is politic based.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 10:20 am

Not from the pits, but from politics. The 2010s especially current is politic based.

Honestly, it makes sense when everything with social media and other sorts of pop culture are tied into this election. I don't know if it would be worse after 2016, since Trump and Clinton aren't the best candidates to pick for their country.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/22/16 at 10:30 am

It's the worst decade of my lifetime. I thought the 00's were bad until this decade. 2010-early 2013 were pretty good though, but late 2013 until now sucks.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 10:42 am

It's the worst decade of my lifetime. I thought the 00's were bad until this decade. 2010-early 2013 were pretty good though, but late 2013 until now sucks.

Late 2011 was when I didn't really like the decade that much. But it wasn't that bad until the Trayvon Martin case, which made this decade politically awful.

Written By: #Infinity on 10/22/16 at 3:12 pm

The best thing about this decade is that it provides a lot of resources to help you live like you're in an older decade.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 3:25 pm

The best thing about this decade is that it provides a lot of resources to help you live like you're in an older decade.

Same here. I mean, without YouTube's endless time limit on videos (which it didn't have in the 2000s), and countless websites that provide shows is pretty cool. Hell, Netflix wouldn't get that much significance if it didn't have online streaming.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/22/16 at 4:07 pm

It's alright. I think pop culture is a little better than the 2000's, but it's not great.

Nothing beats the 1980's in my crazy little mind.  :D

Written By: muppethammer26 on 10/22/16 at 8:10 pm

Can you image how the 2010's will look like when it becomes old school?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 8:15 pm

I would see 4K as the norm for quality entertainment, when it's considered old school.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/22/16 at 10:24 pm

Like every decade there is good and bad. I don't like the 10s but I wouldn't say it's from hell. It could be worse. The mid 10s are better than the early 10s. If any era is from hell it would be the early 10s. The mid 10s kinda saved the 2010s decade in a way. But I do hate the violence and world events of the mid 2010s.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 10:30 pm

Like every decade there is good and bad. I don't like the 10s but I wouldn't say it's from hell. It could be worse. The mid 10s are better than the early 10s. If any era is from hell it would be the early 10s. The mid 10s kinda saved the 2010s decade in a way. But I do hate the violence and world events of the mid 2010s.

Same with myself. The only reason why I don't like the mid 2010s that much is because of the politics. I like of how some TV is a bit better than it was in the early 2010s, since it's not really tedious.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/22/16 at 10:45 pm

If the early 2010s are from the debts to you, how is the mid 2010s any less of it when it has a stronger negative field of politics?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 10:49 pm

If the early 2010s are from the debts to you, how is the mid 2010s any less of it when it has a stronger negative field of politics?

We never had to worry about the current election being so terrible before 2015. But it's not like the early 2010s were better than the mid 2010s.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/22/16 at 11:04 pm

I don't care about U.S. politics or the election, I'm not American. I just watch it for entertainment.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 10/22/16 at 11:38 pm

I agree with Slim95. The 2010s are no different from any time before it.

In the '80s, we were on our way to the Bush '90s
In the '90s, we were headed towards the Clinton 2000s
Then, in the '00s, we were moving onwards to the Obama '10s
Now, in the mid '10s, we are getting even closer to the year 2020

I don't like the 2010s myself, but I have to admit they could be a lot worse.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 10/22/16 at 11:42 pm

I thought the 00's were bad until this decade.

Same here.  ;D

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/23/16 at 3:16 am

Any year or decade is good when you are blessed with God's Gracious Gift of being alive.

Don't believe in a personal god but I have to agree with the sentiment. You'll never get back the time that's gone by. With every second you're closer to the dirt, forever.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/23/16 at 3:17 am

Don't believe in a personal god but I have to agree with the sentiment. You'll never get back the time that's gone by. With every second you're closer to the dirt, forever.
O0

Written By: Elor on 10/23/16 at 4:04 am

I don't care about U.S. politics or the election, I'm not American. I just watch it for entertainment.
I'm not American either but I do care for the election as every president of the US also has some impact on me here in Europe. Not a huge one but with our interconnected economy and defense strategy we can't really say that US politics have zero impact on us. ::)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/23/16 at 4:22 am

Whilst I believe the 2010s would have to be one of the worst decades in living memory, the decade still wouldn't compare with the 1930s and 40s. There are a lot of things not to like about the 2010s, however at least we don't need to come to terms with a World War or a Great Depression.

Generally speaking, I suppose any decade could feel like a living hell, if someone isn't experiencing a good personal life. Someone's outlook on life, regardless of the popular culture at the time, largely stems down to how they are personally feeling and what they are going through. Apart from the popular culture, the 2010s haven't exactly been a great time for me on a personal level. I know that once the end of the decade approaches, I definitely won't be reflecting back on the 2010s on a more positive note.

Written By: Howard on 10/23/16 at 7:08 am

It will look pretty different.

Written By: Howard on 10/23/16 at 7:09 am

I would see 4K as the norm for quality entertainment, when it's considered old school.

That's quite fast.  :o

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/23/16 at 9:10 am

Even if I am American, I honestly think both Trump and Clinton are just jokes.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/23/16 at 10:00 am

Geez. This is harsh. There has to be some form of after life.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/23/16 at 10:29 am

As an agnostic, I think there's probably a god that you could see when you die.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 10/23/16 at 3:30 pm

Well people see ghosts so there has to be something

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/23/16 at 5:20 pm

I don't think it's harsh. Too many people live their lives for a perceived afterlife with little to no real regard for other people in THIS life. That's far, far harsher to me than believing in no afterlife.

There could be an afterlife. Most likely something similar to our consciousnesses dreaming forever and ever but I highly doubt anything concrete.

Anyway, I would work on making the rest of this decade a better decade than wishing a large portion of your finite life away...especially when there isn't anything truly terrible about it.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/23/16 at 5:45 pm

I don't think it's harsh. Too many people live their lives for a perceived afterlife with little to no real regard for other people in THIS life. That's far, far harsher to me than believing in no afterlife.

There could be an afterlife. Most likely something similar to our consciousnesses dreaming forever and ever but I highly doubt anything concrete.

Anyway, I would work on making the rest of this decade a better decade than wishing a large portion of your finite life away...especially when there isn't anything truly terrible about it.

Anything could happen if you believe in any religion. I mean, at least that's what they would make you think. To me, I think anybody would reincarnated into a different body when they die. That's just me. To anybody else who believes there's an afterlife, I wouldn't mind. You can't prove there's an afterlife scientifically.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 10/24/16 at 7:02 pm

At least I won't be nostalgic for insane foul mouthed rooms of social media that goes crazy over every single event.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/24/16 at 7:45 pm

At least I won't be nostalgic for insane foul mouthed rooms of social media that goes crazy over every single event.

Same with me. Even if I have to exclaim it ever since 2014 that I already hate this decade so much.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 11/04/16 at 9:57 pm

Same with me. Even if I have to exclaim it ever since 2014 that I already hate this decade so much.

No decade is perfect. Every single one has good parts and bad parts. The 2010s is no different, but I wouldn't think that the 2010's are the worst because I liked a few good things from this decade. There are some decades that are even worser than the 2010's.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/04/16 at 10:17 pm

No decade is perfect. Every single one has good parts and bad parts. The 2010s is no different, but I wouldn't think that the 2010's are the worst because I liked a few good things from this decade. There are some decades that are even worser than the 2010's.

Yeah. But it's just that the 2010s has a different atmosphere, since it was overratedness to the core, in my opinion.

Written By: Fearsword on 12/02/16 at 4:39 pm

It's easy to see the 10s a small the 'decade from hell' with all the terrorism, shooting and political events going on. But in reality every decade has their bad events.

Written By: musicguy93 on 12/03/16 at 5:30 pm

It's easy to see the 10s a small the 'decade from hell' with all the terrorism, shooting and political events going on. But in reality every decade has their bad events.

That may be true, but previous decades at least had a lot of good stuff to balance things out. Now I know good is a relative term, but for me and a lot of other people, there has been little to nothing good about the 2010s. Especially when it comes to entertainment and pop culture. Today's movies, T.V. shows, music (unless its underground music), video games, fashion (even everyday clothing has become hipster influenced), etc., do not appeal to me at all. And when it comes to society, I cannot relate it at all. People are so addicted to smartphones and social media, and the SJW movement has actually made me feel more alienated (despite their bullcrap claims of being more "accepting"). So yeah, for people like me, this decade really is hell.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/03/16 at 5:37 pm

That may be true, but previous decades at least had a lot of good stuff to balance things out. Now I know good is a relative term, but for me and a lot of other people, there has been little to nothing good about the 2010s. Especially when it comes to entertainment and pop culture. Today's movies, T.V. shows, music (unless its underground music), video games, fashion (even everyday clothing has become hipster influenced), etc., do not appeal to me at all. And when it comes to society, I cannot relate it at all. People are so addicted to smartphones and social media, and the SJW movement has actually made me feel more alienated (despite their bullcrap claims of being more "accepting"). So yeah, for people like me, this decade really is hell.

So? Not everyone is like you. Plus, there could be something that's entertaining for you in this decade. I enjoy some stuff, but I don't complain about it that much. You already enjoy underground music, so that's a decent start.

Written By: #Infinity on 12/03/16 at 7:24 pm

So? Not everyone is like you. Plus, there could be something that's entertaining for you in this decade. I enjoy some stuff, but I don't complain about it that much. You already enjoy underground music, so that's a decent start.

There might be a small handful of things you enjoy in the 2010s, but when you're so alienated by the culture as a whole, unable to relate to anybody, it dampens the entire mood of the era.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/03/16 at 7:51 pm

There might be a small handful of things you enjoy in the 2010s, but when you're so alienated by the culture as a whole, unable to relate to anybody, it dampens the entire mood of the era.

That's true. I never related to a lot of people in my high school because of that. But in all honesty, I don't really worry with that in my life for now. I would rather deal with my interests, then have people complain about sh*t on their Snapchat or those who keep using their smartphones constantly.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/03/16 at 7:59 pm

It's been a horrible decade for me, overall. The 00's were better, but not by much. And 2004 to 2007 was confusing and weird for me. It's been getting better for me in the 2010's, but I suspect that the 2020's will be a lot better for me. I, of course, don't want to jinx it so I'll simmer down.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 12/03/16 at 10:52 pm

:o Wow @ all the anti-2010s sentiment!

For me, it's a hell of a lot better than the 2000s. The Neo-90s, if you will, but it still will never compare to the actual 90s.

What I love about the decade:

Pop culture:

90s nostalgia (Nickelodeon/90s Are All That/The Splat/Shout Factory/Amazon MOD; Toonami; MTV Classic)

Music:

Britney Spears (as always)
Halsey
Daya
Tori Kelly
Twenty One Pilots
Eden xo
Taylor
Ruth B
Tove Lo
"Post-Jonas Brothers" Jonas Brothers (Nick solo, DNCE, Jonas Blue's "Fast Car") (Funny, I thought they were teenybopper trash ten years ago, but I like their current music)
Ariana Grande
Selena Gomez
The Chainsmokers
Alessia Cara
Zara Larsson

Kaya Stewart's "In Love with a Boy"
Adam Lambert's "Ghost Town" and "Another Lonely Night"
YG & Nipsey Hussle's "F*** Donald Trump"
Jordan Fisher's "All About Us"

I've heard a little bit of Melanie Martinez, mostly "Pity Party," and I don't know. She's kinda good, but kinda weird, too.

Movies:

Inception
The Dark Knight Rises
Interstellar
Transcendence
Tammy
Terminator: Genisys
Ghostbusters
Gravity
The Hateful Eight in 70mm
Jurassic World
Star Wars
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (and to a lesser extent, 1)
The Conjuring
Insidious 1
Sinister 1
The Babadook
It Follows
Cold in July
Lights Out

TV:

Face Off
Scream Queens
Gotham
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead (I've only seen the first and some of the second season on Netflix streaming, but I don't have good speakers to watch it with. And the TV doesn't have analog outs. Nor does the Blu-ray player in the living room.)
Power Rangers (Better than it ever was with Disney in the Bush years. Glad Saban got the rights back, though the Lionsgate movie already has a lot of issues.)

Politics:

Obama
Hilary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
The fact that Al Franken is now a Senator  8)

What I dislike/hate about this decade:

Pop Culture:

The Kardashians
Kanye (Not just his music, but overall. However, I do like "Gold Digger," but that's more to do with Jamie Foxx.)
Reality shows
Anti-Millennial sentiments

Music:

Justin Bieber
One Direction/Zayn/Niall
Miley Cyrus
Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae
Rihanna's "Bitch Better Have My Money"
Panda (It was a guilty pleasure when it came out, but the novelty wore off quick)

Movies:

Pompous film critics trashing good movies, especially sight-unseen; see many of the films I listed above
Tyler Perry
Fundamentalist Christian faith-based nonsense

Politics:

Donald Trump
Political correctness/SJW
Police killing innocents

So for the most part, it's been a good-to-decent decade for me. Pop music around 2011-ish finally got to the point where I could stand listening to it again. I wasn't happy with the more urban direction pop music took in the 2000s decade, especially post-9/11; and that goes for pop culture as a whole. Britney was one of the few current artists I liked (loved) during that decade, but she was (and still is) also a holdover from the last golden age of music (imo) -- the one that ended in 2001. Granted, there was a period where I kept up with current pop music in 2006-7 (James Blunt's "You're Beautiful", Daniel Powter's "Bad Day", and Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" were the hits I was trying to keep up with; and funnily, only one of those songs still holds up in 2016... Guess which one?)

I'm not exactly sure how much of it was that I hated the direction pop music took, or that I was so blown away by classic rock (a genre that was all-new to me). I do know that during high school, all the pop music everybody liked in middle school had slowly but surely fallen out of favor. As those four years passed, I ended up being (probably) the only person in school who liked Britney, and would defend her against naysayers. The 2000s were a strange time for all of us, especially me. The 2010s seemed a little more on track until November 9th.  ;)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/04/16 at 2:52 am

For me, it's a hell of a lot better than the 2000s.The 2000s were a strange time for all of us, especially me.

The reason were anti 10s is because the decade is garbage.

And, Come on bro... ;D  2000s weren't strange for me, it was fun growing up for most of it.  :)

Written By: BornIn86 on 12/04/16 at 3:06 am

For me, it's a hell of a lot better than the 2000s. The Neo-90s, if you will, but it still will never compare to the actual 90s.

What I love about the decade:

Pop culture:

90s nostalgia (Nickelodeon/90s Are All That/The Splat/Shout Factory/Amazon MOD; Toonami; MTV Classic)

Music:

Britney Spears (as always)
Halsey
Daya
Tori Kelly
Twenty One Pilots
Eden xo
Taylor
Ruth B
Tove Lo
"Post-Jonas Brothers" Jonas Brothers (Nick solo, DNCE, Jonas Blue's "Fast Car") (Funny, I thought they were teenybopper trash ten years ago, but I like their current music)
Ariana Grande
Selena Gomez
The Chainsmokers
Alessia Cara
Zara Larsson

Kaya Stewart's "In Love with a Boy"
Adam Lambert's "Ghost Town" and "Another Lonely Night"
YG & Nipsey Hussle's "F*** Donald Trump"
Jordan Fisher's "All About Us"

I've heard a little bit of Melanie Martinez, mostly "Pity Party," and I don't know. She's kinda good, but kinda weird, too.

Movies:

Inception
The Dark Knight Rises
Interstellar
Transcendence
Tammy
Terminator: Genisys
Ghostbusters
Gravity
The Hateful Eight in 70mm
Jurassic World
Star Wars
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (and to a lesser extent, 1)
The Conjuring
Insidious 1
Sinister 1
The Babadook
It Follows
Cold in July
Lights Out

TV:

Face Off
Scream Queens
Gotham
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead (I've only seen the first and some of the second season on Netflix streaming, but I don't have good speakers to watch it with. And the TV doesn't have analog outs. Nor does the Blu-ray player in the living room.)
Power Rangers (Better than it ever was with Disney in the Bush years. Glad Saban got the rights back, though the Lionsgate movie already has a lot of issues.)

Politics:

Obama
Hilary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
The fact that Al Franken is now a Senator  8)

What I dislike/hate about this decade:

Pop Culture:

The Kardashians
Kanye (Not just his music, but overall. However, I do like "Gold Digger," but that's more to do with Jamie Foxx.)
Reality shows
Anti-Millennial sentiments

Music:

Justin Bieber
One Direction/Zayn/Niall
Miley Cyrus
Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae
Rihanna's "Bitch Better Have My Money"
Panda (It was a guilty pleasure when it came out, but the novelty wore off quick)

Movies:

Pompous film critics trashing good movies, especially sight-unseen; see many of the films I listed above
Tyler Perry
Fundamentalist Christian faith-based nonsense

Politics:

Donald Trump
Political correctness/SJW
Police killing innocents

So for the most part, it's been a good-to-decent decade for me. Pop music around 2011-ish finally got to the point where I could stand listening to it again. I wasn't happy with the more urban direction pop music took in the 2000s decade, especially post-9/11; and that goes for pop culture as a whole. Britney was one of the few current artists I liked (loved) during that decade, but she was (and still is) also a holdover from the last golden age of music (imo) -- the one that ended in 2001. Granted, there was a period where I kept up with current pop music in 2006-7 (James Blunt's "You're Beautiful", Daniel Powter's "Bad Day", and Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" were the hits I was trying to keep up with; and funnily, only one of those songs still holds up in 2016... Guess which one?)

I'm not exactly sure how much of it was that I hated the direction pop music took, or that I was so blown away by classic rock (a genre that was all-new to me). I do know that during high school, all the pop music everybody liked in middle school had slowly but surely fallen out of favor. As those four years passed, I ended up being (probably) the only person in school who liked Britney, and would defend her against naysayers. The 2000s were a strange time for all of us, especially me. The 2010s seemed a little more on track until November 9th.  ;)

Thanks for this post. I find that the 2010s hate has become cliche at this point. People weren't all that crazy about the 90s back in the 90s. Sometimes I think it's a case of people forgeting death is waiting for them and they take their lives for granted. The sooner this decade is over, the sooner your life is over and that's the most guaranteed fact in the world.

Speaking of the 90s, I've forgotten how far the United States has come from deep social conservativism. It used to be if you wore all black everyday and practiced wicca and listened to Marilyn Manson, you were an honest to go devil worshipper. And being gay was still consided the worst of all sins by so many of the country.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/04/16 at 5:52 am

Both the 00's and 10's suck. I'm not gonna put on rose colored glasses for another equally terrible decade with bland culture just because it's from the past or whatever. I had a good personal life and still continue to do so but when it comes to being up to date and current with the times? As far as years starting with 20XX, I liked the first three years of the 00's and that's it.

I gotta say, the 10's are the furthest thing from the 90's. In the 90's we wore baggy clothing and listened to a variety of rock, metal and hip hop. Nowadays, you're either a rap turd or hipster indie goof who wears skin tight clothing and listens to hipster rap or hipster indie. Boring.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/04/16 at 10:17 am

The reason were anti 10s is because the decade is garbage.

And, Come on bro... ;D  2000s weren't strange for me, it was fun growing up for most of it.  :)

I think it depends for those who didn't like George W. Bush as president, and had to face his actions for eight years. Needless to say, I wouldn't like this decade more than the 2000s, since I was obviously innocent as a kid. I've been saying that for two years, but I guess it depended if people were empathetic towards kids of the 2000s.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/04/16 at 1:21 pm

The 2010s seem more like the 80s than the 90s to me. The most similar decade to the 2010s is the 2000s which is to be expected because it was the decade immediately before it.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/04/16 at 1:25 pm

The 2010s seem more like the 80s than the 90s to me. The most similar decade to the 2010s is the 2000s which is to be expected because it was the decade immediately before it.

It seems more like the 90s to me. If you have seen a f*ck ton of 90s nostalgia since 2012, then you know what I mean. Plus everyone has been making 90s remakes/reboots for that long, so it's a no-brainer for anybody to notice that.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/04/16 at 1:29 pm

It seems more like the 90s to me. If you have seen a f*ck ton of 90s nostalgia since 2012, then you know what I mean. Plus everyone has been making 90s remakes/reboots for that long, so it's a no-brainer for anybody to notice that.

1990s nostalgia is there, but it hasn't reached its full potential yet. People are too quick to move on to the early 2000s bandwagon when the 1990s didn't get the full respect and memory it deserves.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/04/16 at 2:16 pm

1990s nostalgia is there, but it hasn't reached its full potential yet.

What do you mean it hasn't reached its full potential? There are countless reboots on movies from the 90s, there have been soda revivals such as Surge and Crystal Pepsi, and there's already a f*cking reboot on the Powerpuff Girls. What else is there to say about that? Everyone in their minds are nostalgic about the 90s, especially when we had Hillary Clinton as America's Democratic candidate in this election. That's how nostalgic everybody is for the 90s. We've already reached the full potential of 90s nostalgia, for crying out loud.

People are too quick to move on to the early 2000s bandwagon when the 1990s didn't get the full respect and memory it deserves.

Have you even saw for the fact that most of the people support nostalgia up to 2003? Which if I remember correctly, was an early 2000s year to most people.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/04/16 at 2:21 pm

What do you mean it hasn't reached its full potential? There are countless reboots on movies from the 90s, there have been soda revivals such as Surge and Crystal Pepsi, and there's already a f*cking reboot on the Powerpuff Girls. What else is there to say about that? Everyone in their minds are nostalgic about the 90s, especially when we had Hillary Clinton as America's Democratic candidate in this election. That's how nostalgic everybody is for the 90s. We've already reached the full potential of 90s nostalgia, for crying out loud.

Have you even saw for the fact that most of the people support nostalgia up to 2003? Which if I remember correctly, was an early 2000s year to most people.

Buzz Feed and YouTube comments of kids (who weren't even born in the 90s) saying how much they miss the 90s is not peaking to me. The 90s nostalgia still has a long way to go.

The fact is, 1990s nostalgia may never be as good as it can be. People are already moving on to the 2000s, even though it's too early for that.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/04/16 at 2:22 pm

Buzz Feed and YouTube comments of kids (who weren't even born in the 90s) saying how much they miss the 90s is not peaking to me. The 90s nostalgia still has a long way to go.

They even make fun of it on TV. How is that not full potential to you? Especially when it's screaming all over the place in this website.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/04/16 at 2:24 pm

They even make fun of it on TV. How is that not full potential to you? Especially when it's screaming all over the place in this website.

This website isn't a good example. Everyone is nostalgic for everything on here.

Written By: BornIn86 on 12/04/16 at 2:34 pm

The fact is, 1990s nostalgia may never be as good as it can be. People are already moving on to the 2000s, even though it's too early for that.

True peak 90s nostalgia has yet to come to fruition. I think 80s nostalgia is quietly dominating.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/04/16 at 2:51 pm

I agree Slim. this decade is NOTHING like the 90s at all.
The early 10s kinda felt like the 80s. The mid 10s felt like a cross between 60s/70s.
I'm eager to see what the late 10s will bring us.  :o

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/04/16 at 3:18 pm

True peak 90s nostalgia has yet to come to fruition. I think 80s nostalgia is quietly dominating.

I never saw anybody become quite nostalgic over that decade since 2012.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/04/16 at 3:22 pm

I never saw anybody become quite nostalgic over that decade since 2012.

Bruno Mars recently released songs that sound like both the 80s and 70s.

Written By: Howard on 12/04/16 at 3:35 pm

his recent song 24K Magic.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/04/16 at 4:21 pm

Really? Bruno Mars? He just does that because he likes those decades. It's not like he knows that people are nostalgic for the 80s, especially since he barely remembers the 80s at all.

Written By: BornIn86 on 12/04/16 at 5:24 pm

Really? Bruno Mars? He just does that because he likes those decades. It's not like he knows that people are nostalgic for the 80s, especially since he barely remembers the 80s at all.

You're probably right about people reminiscing about the 90s these days more than the 80s but I feel like there are more callbacks to the 80s in pop music, TV, music, clothes, etc.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/04/16 at 7:11 pm

You're probably right about people reminiscing about the 90s these days more than the 80s but I feel like there are more callbacks to the 80s in pop music, TV, music, clothes, etc.

Well, the 80s are still there if you are talking about vintage pop culture. But the 90s is the majority for everything to nostalgic topics, at least with the early and mid 90s.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/04/16 at 7:57 pm

The 1860's were, at least in America!  :(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/04/16 at 8:57 pm

The 1860's were, at least in America!  :(

Honestly, anything before the late 19th century (before electricity was invented) sucked. There wasn't a lot of things to enjoy culturally, unless you were into the theater of arts. Even then, you were lucky if you could live pass the age of 50 or 60.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 12/04/16 at 9:07 pm

Well, the 80s are still there if you are talking about vintage pop culture. But the 90s is the majority for everything to nostalgic topics, at least with the early and mid 90s.

The 80s aren't vintage yet. Vintage means like grandparents era.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/04/16 at 9:16 pm

Honestly, anything before the late 19th century (before electricity was invented) sucked. There wasn't a lot of things to enjoy culturally, unless you were into the theater of arts. Even then, you were lucky if you could live pass the age of 50 or 60.

Haha yes I can picture it now. The forum from centuries ago. A group of people huddle together around the fire pit discussing what pop culture will bring next decade. "Edward, are you sure we will leave the Romeo and Julliet era in 10 years"?  "Hopefully I'll still be alive to find out". ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 12/04/16 at 9:23 pm

It would be very hot in the summer!  :o

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/05/16 at 5:33 am

Haha yes I can picture it now. The forum from centuries ago. A group of people huddle together around the fire pit discussing what pop culture will bring next decade. "Edward, are you sure we will leave the Romeo and Julliet era in 10 years"?  "Hopefully I'll still be alive to find out". ;D

It would be like a secret society that nobody in the general public has heard of. It would be for those who are very interested into culture back then.

Check for new replies or respond here...