inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2016: Year of EDM

Written By: Slim95 on 10/25/16 at 12:42 am

Have you noticed how there are so many EDM songs on the radio this year? So many electronic songs have been popular this year after having a relatively low presence in the last 2-3 years. So many new songs this year have an edm sound to it. But the good thing is it does sound better and more mature than what the early 10s had with the overuse of autotune and dubstep (and there is still more variety of genres on the radio now than there were in the early 10s). The Chainsmokers are huge this year as well as Calvin Harris having big hits that peaked high on the charts. Even non-edm artists incorporated it into their songs like Justin Beiber and now the new Maroon 5 song and many more. I don't really like the edm sound of music this year, but this is something I noticed. Also Trap is still popular this year as well. I do wish this EDM sound slows down in 2017 and we have some new genres.

Subject: Re: 2016: Year of EDM

Written By: 2001 on 11/06/16 at 5:22 pm

The Chainsmokers are OVER. Their latest single "Setting Fires" is destined to only set their own careers on fire. Poor them.

Subject: Re: 2016: Year of EDM

Written By: mqg96 on 11/07/16 at 6:31 pm

My apologizes this is off topic of this thread, but here's some good non-mainstream hip-hop music!

KXF7TEJyUIQ YOwjqAMFudY

Check for new replies or respond here...