inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Free Taco At Taco Bell Today Only Nov. 2nd

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/16 at 10:25 am

No scam-it is true.

https://www.tacobell.com/stealabase

We will probably go and get ours.

Cat

Subject: Re: Free Taco At Taco Bell Today Only Nov. 2nd

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/02/16 at 10:30 am

That would've been interesting in Cleveland. :\

Written By: Howard on 11/02/16 at 2:53 pm

That would've been interesting in Cleveland. :\

How about New York? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/02/16 at 6:53 pm

Now if only Mickey D's would give away free McRib® Sandwiches...  :P

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/02/16 at 6:59 pm

How about New York? ???

Well, it's not like either the Mets or Yankees are playing in the World Series this year, since they're doing that for the World Series.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/03/16 at 10:53 am

I got my free taco, did anyone else?

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/03/16 at 10:55 am

I got my free taco, did anyone else?

Cat

I was just excited over the fact that it was done by MLB.

Written By: Howard on 11/03/16 at 3:49 pm

Now if only Mickey D's would give away free McRib® Sandwiches...  :P

I wish I could find one that sells them.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/03/16 at 5:59 pm

I wish I could find one that sells them.

There is a web site for that.

http://mcriblocator.com

McRibs are starting to show up now. It's just a matter of time until they make it to New York.  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/04/16 at 7:22 am

There is a web site for that.

http://mcriblocator.com

McRibs are starting to show up now. It's just a matter of time until they make it to New York.  :)

Thanks.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/04/16 at 6:11 pm

Maybe one of these days they'll come up with a Kosher McRib.  ???

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/04/16 at 7:45 pm

Well, there's a few dozen McDonalds locations that sell their food, but in Kosher style. However, I'm not sure if that's include the McRib or not.

Written By: Howard on 11/05/16 at 9:03 am

and what could be in the Kosher McRib? ???

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/05/16 at 9:21 am

and what could be in the Kosher McRib? ???

Kosher ingredients, I guess.

Written By: Howard on 11/05/16 at 1:36 pm

Kosher ingredients, I guess.

What I can see going into a Kosher McRib could probably contain matzoh balls, flat matzohs or some other Jewish delicacy. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/05/16 at 3:05 pm

Well, there's a few dozen McDonalds locations that sell their food, but in Kosher style. However, I'm not sure if that's include the McRib or not.

I'd like to see how somebody sets up a truly kosher Mickey D's.

First, no serving of cheeseburgers. And no serving of the "ice cream" products with an order of burgers.

Then there is the problem (even if you cook cheese sandwiches without meat, and meat sandwiches without cheese) of maintaining two completely separate griddles and having separate dishwashers for the utensils (Dairy and meat must never, well, meet, and that includes the utensils used to prepare them).

Egg McMuffin is out... can't put cheese on a slab of meat (ham). The ham itself is not kosher. Then we have the McRib which is made of prime pork cuts and, alas, not kosher.

Chicken McNuggets are problematic... they'd likely have to make sure that only kosher-approved chicken parts were used to make them.

Glad I'm a Catholic.  ;D.  All I gotta worry about is no meat on Fridays!

Written By: 80sfan on 11/05/16 at 3:50 pm

Tacos, tacos, tacos, tacos!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/05/16 at 4:22 pm

I'd like to see how somebody sets up a truly kosher Mickey D's.

First, no serving of cheeseburgers. And no serving of the "ice cream" products with an order of burgers.

Then there is the problem (even if you cook cheese sandwiches without meat, and meat sandwiches without cheese) of maintaining two completely separate griddles and having separate dishwashers for the utensils (Dairy and meat must never, well, meet, and that includes the utensils used to prepare them).

Egg McMuffin is out... can't put cheese on a slab of meat (ham). The ham itself is not kosher. Then we have the McRib which is made of prime pork cuts and, alas, not kosher.

Chicken McNuggets are problematic... they'd likely have to make sure that only kosher-approved chicken parts were used to make them.

Glad I'm a Catholic.  ;D.  All I gotta worry about is no meat on Fridays!

I think that's why there isn't a lot of kosher McDonalds locations. Although, I wouldn't think they want fast food so much for a Kosher diet.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/06/16 at 1:44 pm

My grandfather and great-grandfather were kosher but yet every Sunday they went to a Chinese restaurant and ordered sweet & sour pork. I guess if it is Chinese than it is kosher pork.  :-\\ ;) :D ;D ;D ;D When my grandmother was living in a Jewish retirement community, we took her out for lunch and she ordered a ham sandwich. I made a comment how that wasn't too kosher. She said that everyone in the community does that. In other words, her community was kosher but she wasn't. I guess when you can't have ham in the community, when you go somewhere else, you order it.

I may be a Jew by heritage but I'm not kosher and eat pork all the time.

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/06/16 at 1:59 pm

My grandfather and great-grandfather were kosher but yet every Sunday they went to a Chinese restaurant and ordered sweet & sour pork. I guess if it is Chinese than it is kosher pork.  :-\\ ;) :D ;D ;D ;D When my grandmother was living in a Jewish retirement community, we took her out for lunch and she ordered a ham sandwich. I made a comment how that wasn't too kosher. She said that everyone in the community does that. In other words, her community was kosher but she wasn't. I guess when you can't have ham in the community, when you go somewhere else, you order it.

I may be a Jew by heritage but I'm not kosher and eat pork all the time.

Cat

One of my mom's friend is Jewish (by heritage) but she doesn't really eat Kosher style. Hell, whenever me and my mom go to her house, we mostly have ham and cheese sandwiches with her.

Written By: Howard on 11/06/16 at 2:28 pm

I think that's why there isn't a lot of kosher McDonalds locations. Although, I wouldn't think they want fast food so much for a Kosher diet.

They'll just keep it simple.

Written By: ArcticFox on 11/06/16 at 4:27 pm

Yuck, Taco Bell is gross!  8-P Real Mexican food of various types can be found in states like Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, and California. For "Remixed" Mexican food (that is, Mexican inspired but fused with other cultures and/or with an artistic twist), go to Florida. Chicago, Illinois and New York City, New York also offer some interesting Mexican foods; Chicago more authentic and NYC more fusion/hybrid.

Here is a rule of thumb when you are looking to try Mexican or Latin food: If you can find it in Alabama, don't eat it!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/06/16 at 6:20 pm

Yuck, Taco Bell is gross!  8-P Real Mexican food of various types can be found in states like Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, and California. For "Remixed" Mexican food (that is, Mexican inspired but fused with other cultures and/or with an artistic twist), go to Florida. Chicago, Illinois and New York City, New York also offer some interesting Mexican foods; Chicago more authentic and NYC more fusion/hybrid.

Here is a rule of thumb when you are looking to try Mexican or Latin food: If you can find it in Alabama, don't eat it!

A friend of mine calls Taco Bell "psuedo-Mexican" which I now call it that, too. I do know REAL Mexican and I can't find it here. There are a few Mexican restaurants in the state but I would still have to drive over an hour to get to. Not saying that these are REAL Mexican but they are good.

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/06/16 at 8:26 pm

I guess Alabama's Mexican food looks gross as hell. And considering they're one of the most conservative states in America, I doubt that there's a lot of Mexican restaurants there.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/07/16 at 5:06 am

A friend of mine calls Taco Bell "psuedo-Mexican" which I now call it that, too. I do know REAL Mexican and I can't find it here. There are a few Mexican restaurants in the state but I would still have to drive over an hour to get to. Not saying that these are REAL Mexican but they are good.

Cat

Much like the "Japanese" steak houses.  You'd be hard pressed to find one in Japan. Meat is so expensive over there they aren't about to be throwing it around. Thirty years ago I paid $60 to get what I was certain had been a frozen piece of beef.

Written By: Howard on 11/07/16 at 2:58 pm

and it's fast food.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/08/16 at 6:07 pm

By the way, in the county in which I live, a few years ago, Taco Bell was voted "Best Mexican Restaurant in the County".  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...