inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Late 2010s: The Trump Era

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/09/16 at 1:43 am

What are your predictions and expectations?

Subject: Re: The Late 2010s: The Trump Era

Written By: #Infinity on 11/09/16 at 1:47 am

It's gonna be dark, very very dark. An unprecedented level of meanness. A nation completely divided. America losing its legitimacy as a world power. Probably secession movements.

The only positive is that we might get a truly positive change once 2020 rolls around.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/16 at 2:33 am

I can't believe Donald Trump is the new president of the United States. But who is president doesn't directly define the pop culture of an era, so I'm not sure yet. I hope we see more upbeat culture in the coming years.

Written By: Wesof95 on 11/09/16 at 2:38 am

Wow...didn't think that would happen! Idiocracy here we come!

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/16 at 2:43 am

I had a feeling Trump would win. But I still predicted and thought Clinton would win. Either way, given all the supporters I've seen during the campaign and the fact that Americans voted for Bush two times I am not surprised. I wouldn't believe Trump would be president if you told me that two years ago. So Trump as the new president is quite a lot to process lol.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/09/16 at 6:29 am

Like what Infinity said, it'll be very dark for a lot of people. We'll be more polarized than this year, and there would probably be more riots due to Trump.

Written By: musicguy93 on 11/09/16 at 9:46 am

I honestly can't believe this is happening. Even just thinking about the upcoming Trump era makes me sick to my stomach about the direction this country is headed in. The late 2010s are going to suck, no doubt about it.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/09/16 at 10:30 am

I honestly can't believe this is happening. Even just thinking about the upcoming Trump era makes me sick to my stomach about the direction this country is headed in. The late 2010s are going to suck, no doubt about it.

It could be the same with the Bush years, but I'm not sure if Trump will go regressive on America's politics. What's he going to do? Cause another terrible recession that the late 2000s had?

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/16 at 11:21 am

I hate Trump but I think the late 2010s will be much better than the mid 2010s, with or without him.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/09/16 at 11:22 am

Will this mean that the over-the-top Social Justice Warrior movement will simmer down, at least a little bit?

Written By: Looney Toon on 11/09/16 at 11:23 am

To be honest I'm shocked Trump became president. Now I'm quite curious how the years of 2017 to 2021 or 2024 will be. Income the new era. So much for my wish for an upbeat/optimistic era of culture.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/16 at 11:26 am

To be honest I'm shocked Trump became president. Now I'm quite curious how the years of 2017 to 2021 or 2024 will be. Income the new era. So much for my wish for an upbeat/optimistic era of culture.

One man does not dictate the mood/culture of an era. I wish more people would realize this on here. This doesn't only go for people who don't live in the U.S., Americans too. A new president isn't the be all end all. When Bush was president in the 2000s, I still had a great time.

Written By: Looney Toon on 11/09/16 at 11:34 am

Now I'm just sitting back and wondering what big things will define the Trump era.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/09/16 at 11:48 am

One man does not dictate the mood/culture of an era. I wish more people would realize this on here. This doesn't only go for people who don't live in the U.S., Americans too. A new president isn't the be all end all. When Bush was president in the 2000s, I still had a great time.

You're Canadian bro. Of course Bush didn't affect you... ;D ;D ;D
And Trump isn't gonna effect you.  ;)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/09/16 at 11:50 am

But who is president doesn't directly define the pop culture of an era

Politics always plays a major role in our culture. Just like celebs, music, tv, and movies.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/16 at 12:07 pm

You're Canadian bro. Of course Bush didn't affect you... ;D ;D ;D
And Trump isn't gonna effect you.  ;)

Trump will still affect us as we are America's biggest trading partner. The Trump presidency will affect the world as well. We just won't be affected as much and as directly as the U.S will. Sorry guys  :P. But even then, politics may play a role but it does not directly define a culture. You guys aren't psychic so you don't know how things will look like after January. It's not like pop culture is 100% gonna be inevitably gloomy just because of Trump. Just wait and see and take it day by day. For all we know, there may not even be many changes at all. Nobody can predict the future.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 11/09/16 at 1:13 pm

I don't think things will be as bad as people say they will be, Trunp will have power to do things, but Congress and The Supreme Court has a lot more. He can affect pop culture, but not to the extent to where everything is dark and sad.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/09/16 at 1:25 pm

I say it will be a dark era compared to these 3 years. Yes, there are checks and balances in the government; however, since the entire congress is Republican, I don't think that will be the case.

Does everyone have the right with free speech? Yes, they DO; however, remember that it doesn't protect them from being a douche.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/09/16 at 1:29 pm

I'm American, and I still had a great time with Bush as president. Not that I cared politically, but it was still a great time culturally (IMO). I don't know that much about Trump, but it's not like he'll ruin the U.S. immediately after he gets sworn into office in January next year. Sure, it would be dark for Clinton supporters, but it's not like it would be a doomsday for them.

I don't think things will be as bad as people say they will be, Trunp will have power to do things, but Congress and The Supreme Court has a lot more. He can affect pop culture, but not to the extent to where everything is dark and sad.

The only pop culture that I could think of being changed by Trump is political satire. It wouldn't be so much with other genres.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/09/16 at 1:35 pm

I say it will be a dark era compared to these 3 years. Yes, there are checks and balances in the government; however, since the entire congress is Republican, I don't think that will be the case.

Well... that doesn't mean the whole country is doomed because of that. I mean, they could make it look like Wall Street, but in a political way. However, that doesn't mean everyone would be screwed by it. The Obama era wasn't that good, especially when I think of the massive death threats and constant shootings during his presidency. But people still took him respectively (except for those who hate him so much).

Does everyone have the right with free speech? Yes, they DO; however, remember that it doesn't protect them from being a douche.

Or have them commit riots over a damn election.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/09/16 at 1:41 pm

I'm pretty sure it won't be that bad.  :)

Written By: Emman on 11/09/16 at 2:24 pm

This is not just "one man", this is a trend of rising populism, nationalism, and polarization in the US. Trump knows the zeitgeist  better than most of the so called "experts" who expected Hillary to win, that's why he won the presidency. They thought the same thing you're saying.

The political and racial polarization will get even worse and I expect economic trouble around 2017/2018.

Things will only intensify for the next 5-10 years.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/09/16 at 2:28 pm

Well... that doesn't mean the whole country is doomed because of that. I mean, they could make it look like Wall Street, but in a political way. However, that doesn't mean everyone would be screwed by it. The Obama era wasn't that good, especially when I think of the massive death threats and constant shootings during his presidency. But people still took him respectively (except for those who hate him so much).

Or have them commit riots over a damn election.

I know everyone won't be screwed, but it will still be a dark era due to the incidents that have occurred (unless those stop). Oh, and something interesting, I found Trump's plan. This is what he is planning to do with that phrase of his.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf

I take you see the protests here in CA and AZ?

Oh, and another question, do you think in general that it was a mistake to elect Obama back in 2008?

Written By: Howard on 11/09/16 at 2:45 pm

I just wonder what his plans are for 2017? ???

Written By: Howard on 11/09/16 at 2:46 pm

Now I'm just sitting back and wondering what big things will define the Trump era.

He still wants that wall.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/09/16 at 2:49 pm

I still can't believe it myself that he became president but let's see what he can do with the next couple of years or so, give him some time.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/16 at 3:16 pm

This is not just "one man", this is a trend of rising populism, nationalism, and polarization in the US. Trump knows the zeitgeist  better than most of the so called "experts" who expected Hillary to win, that's why he won the presidency. They thought the same thing you're saying.

The political and racial polarization will get even worse and I expect economic trouble around 2017/2018.

Things will only intensify for the next 5-10 years.

This has always been there. Even during Obama's presidency.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/16 at 3:17 pm

There is no way it can get any worse than the last 3 years. The last 2 years have been the the most depressing and dark culture in my lifetime. It can only get better.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/16 at 3:20 pm

I know everyone won't be screwed, but it will still be a dark era due to the incidents that have occurred (unless those stop). Oh, and something interesting, I found Trump's plan. This is what he is planning to do with that phrase of his.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf

I take you see the protests here in CA and AZ?

Oh, and another question, do you think in general that it was a mistake to elect Obama back in 2008?

Again, you guys are using "it will". How many times do I have to say it? You can't claim you know what the future will bring for sure. You can say "I think" but it is not 100%.  Also, I have noticed there wasn't a a big violent world event in a couple months. We will wait and see.

Written By: Looney Toon on 11/09/16 at 3:24 pm

He still wants that wall.  ::)

The great wall of America will finally become real.  ::)

I mean really?!?! A wall is the best idea he can think of? How particularly quaint. I can expect someone from the 15th century thinking some like that. But in the 21st century you'd think he'd come up with something better.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/16 at 3:40 pm

The great wall of America will finally become real.  ::)

I mean really?!?! A wall is the best idea he can think of? How particularly quaint. I can expect someone from the 15th century thinking some like that. But in the 21st century you'd think he'd come up with something better.

How did he come up with an idea to build a wall? ::)

Written By: Emman on 11/09/16 at 4:21 pm

This has always been there. Even during Obama's presidency.

That's beside the point, it experiences surges and declines, the last time it was this strong globally was in the 1930s.

Obama is not really a nationalist or populist(in fact he warned against populism), he's a prime neo-liberal democrat.

We are likely to go through a tumultuous period before we can reach some sort of new political consensus.

I really think people are not thinking about this logically and are just believing what is more comforting. 

Written By: Emman on 11/09/16 at 4:35 pm

There is no way it can get any worse than the last 3 years. The last 2 years have been the the most depressing and dark culture in my lifetime. It can only get better.

We are going through a period of enormous political change, sometimes it's disruptive and nasty but a lot of good could come out of it, we could have a sound, sustainable economy and more genuine equality for all.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/09/16 at 5:07 pm

How did he come up with an idea to build a wall? ::)

He wanted to get rid of the illegal immigrants that were rampant. Especially since they were mostly in Mexico (due to political and financial reasons), he wanted to build a wall there. I might be honest, and just say that building a huge-ass wall near the Mexican-American border seems prespammersite and very expensive to America. It's not even good, since we're already screwed with the national debt that we owe to many countries.

Written By: aspireone on 11/09/16 at 5:41 pm

Lots of works  will come out due to this trumo presidency.

All the Veeps and House of Cards will double down on their strorylines
All the political satire shows would strengthen up (when they were all but unneeded in the Obama era)
Movies will either be super gritty or be super escapist
Anime might even get affected ( Fullmetal Alchemist uses an Iraq War 2003 allegory)
Music will surely get angstier and might even become somber though not by that much.
Hopefully, Rock and Blavk artists will make a comeback
Heck, even fashion might indirectly get affected

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/09/16 at 6:08 pm

All the Veeps and House of Cards will double down on their storylines
All the political satire shows would strengthen up (when they were all but unneeded in the Obama era)
Anime might even get affected ( Fullmetal Alchemist uses an Iraq War 2003 allegory)
Music will surely get angstier and might even become somber though not by that much.
Hopefully, Rock and Black artists will make a comeback

If that happens, then I'll probably see the late 2010s/early 2020s as an interesting cultural era.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/16 at 6:14 pm

He wanted to get rid of the illegal immigrants that were rampant. Especially since they were mostly in Mexico (due to political and financial reasons), he wanted to build a wall there. I might be honest, and just say that building a huge-ass wall near the Mexican-American border seems prespammersite and very expensive to America. It's not even good, since we're already screwed with the national debt that we owe to many countries.

He said he would get Mexico to pay for it.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/16 at 6:16 pm

If that means less Ariana Grande and more Adele, then I'm happy.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/09/16 at 6:18 pm

Even if he's elected president, I wouldn't think that would happen.

Written By: the2001 on 11/09/16 at 6:23 pm

Music will get poppy again as a result of Trumps Dark nature// policys
but there will be angst music tho

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/09/16 at 6:47 pm

Music will get poppy again as a result of Trumps Dark nature// policys
but there will be angst music tho

How the hell would music get poppy again, when it's already poppy in the first place?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/09/16 at 6:50 pm

If there's a silver lining that comes out of a Trump presidency,  it's that we'll probably get some good new punk rock out of the whole deal.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/16 at 6:51 pm

How the hell would music get poppy again, when it's already poppy in the first place?

If it's poppy, I just hope it improves at least.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/09/16 at 7:22 pm

If there's a silver lining that comes out of a Trump presidency,  it's that we'll probably get some good new punk rock out of the whole deal.

Maybe he'll improve our roads and infrastructure.

Written By: 2001 on 11/09/16 at 7:57 pm

It was a cold and quiet morning here in Toronto. The election was the topic du jour everywhere I went today. I had a chat with other people while waiting in line at the coffee shop. To state the obvious, everyone is taken aback. Trump's threats to nullify NAFTA and the TPP is creating real economic anxiety. The French papers had a bit of fun with the whole ordeal because "se tromper" is homonym with Trump's name, and it means to mistake or fool one's self.

Well, now that the unthinkable has happened, people are trying to rationalize and make sense of the days ahead, trying to reassure each other that it won't be so bad.

Personally, I'm concerned not just about the economy, but also with the whole issue of climate change. We're at such a pivotal moment in history, and as a person who's been to COP21 marches, seeing what is clearly a very unintelligent individual, who denies (or to state it more accurately, is completely ignorant of) climate change become the leader of the second biggest polluter in the world is entirely disconcerting. Now more than ever is when we needed leadership on this.

Written By: #Infinity on 11/09/16 at 9:11 pm

Just as I predicted, the secession movements are on, beginning with my own home state.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/09/16 at 9:27 pm

Just as I predicted, the secession movements are on, beginning with my own home state.

If this leads towards another Civil War, then I'll be damned.

Written By: 2001 on 11/09/16 at 9:31 pm

As much as I encourage people to go out and reject Trump and everything he stands for, a secessionist movement is obviously going to go nowhere, lol. Maybe a nice message though. I myself feel disgusted sharing the same sea borders with the states that voted Trump.  ::)

Written By: #Infinity on 11/09/16 at 9:34 pm

I don't think that's gonna fly with today's world.

Written By: Brian06 on 11/09/16 at 9:41 pm

Lol red states were saying the same crap when Obama won. Trump has a big mouth and he comes off as quite a jerk (I think it's more playing games with the media in reality) but I still think he'll be fine. A lot of Trump's appeal is that his flaws were out in the open and he came off as being more human, while Hillary was all scripted out in the open like a robot (while being corrupt as ever behind closed doors). We all say the wrong things sometimes it's part of human emotions. The media would like to make you think otherwise but they're full of crap.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 11/09/16 at 9:57 pm

This is gonna be four years of fun, fun fun...

Written By: musicguy93 on 11/09/16 at 10:37 pm

That would be pretty cool.

Written By: the2001 on 11/09/16 at 10:53 pm

Just like 2006 ended the classic 2000s

2016 ended the classic 2010s

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/09/16 at 10:55 pm

Just like 2006 ended the classic 2000s

2016 ended the classic 2010s

Yup and don't forget 1996 ended the classic 90s.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/09/16 at 11:13 pm

Also, the 2010s is looking to be my least favorite decade in my lifetime!  >:(
Slim would agree with me!

Written By: 80sfan on 11/09/16 at 11:15 pm

It's the worse decade for me also.  :\'(

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/16 at 11:47 pm

Also, the 2010s is looking to be my least favorite decade in my lifetime!  >:(
Slim would agree with me!

Yes 100% agree.

Written By: bchris02 on 11/10/16 at 12:56 am

It's the worse decade for me also.  :\'(

I liked the early 2010s.  Those were probably the best years of my life (along with the late 2000s).

It will be interesting to see how much progress is rolled back over the next four years.  Will marriage equality be banned?  Will DADT be re-instated?  Will the government begin funding ex-gay conversion therapy?

Part of me is glad I am still in the closet (I have to be where I live) because things are only going to get worse and more dangerous as the right-wing backlash to the last eight years is in full swing.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 11/10/16 at 3:47 am

Well, I don't remember the 90s, only lived one year in that, so its not that and it's not the 2000s which was an innocent time for me, 2010/11 was great for me, but 2012 sucked, all years since then I've been content with, so I guess the 2010s would be my worst, but not necessarily bad overall.

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/10/16 at 6:40 am

Yesterday people were in a mood I can tell you that. No sooner had I gotten on Facebook and somebody who lives overseas is messaging me asking what the general mood is. Another friend felt the need to go inactive for a while. I'm just worried.

I can't believe Donald Trump is the new president of the United States. But who is president doesn't directly define the pop culture of an era, so I'm not sure yet. I hope we see more upbeat culture in the coming years.

I don't want to jump on the doomsday bandwagon like people already have, but I'd say the rest of this decade's pop culture is of the least concern now.

Will this mean that the over-the-top Social Justice Warrior movement will simmer down, at least a little bit?

It may make them worse!  :o

That's what I hope comes into plays is the other branches and their say in it. It's too early to tell if he's all talk or not.

I liked the early 2010s.  Those were probably the best years of my life (along with the late 2000s).

It will be interesting to see how much progress is rolled back over the next four years.  Will marriage equality be banned?  Will DADT be re-instated?  Will the government begin funding ex-gay conversion therapy?

Part of me is glad I am still in the closet (I have to be where I live) because things are only going to get worse and more dangerous as the right-wing backlash to the last eight years is in full swing.

Backlash. Therein lies the problem! Breaking the cycle of backlash and taking extreme sides needs to happen yesterday. Of course that would be too rational.  ::)

Worst case scenario, the prospect of that worries me. And no doubt the media would fuel it like they're fueling the current tensions.

We are going through a period of enormous political change, sometimes it's disruptive and nasty but a lot of good could come out of it, we could have a sound, sustainable economy and more genuine equality for all.

I hope this is a wake up call. There needs to be more choices. Different parties taken seriously instead of it always ending in Democrat vs Republican. A media that reports the news instead of creating the news. It's all proof the old way of doing it just isn't working anymore for the times we live in. The same old same old doesn't get us anywhere. Part of it boils down to generational differences, or so I feel.

But he's considered a rogue in his own party. Several members have spoken out against him already.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/10/16 at 10:24 am

DOOM & GLOOM!!!!!

Ok, that is the worst case scenario. I HAVE to believe that sane minds will prevail. I keep thinking that we lived through 8 years of Bush. Hopefully, we will live through 4 years of Trump.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 11/10/16 at 10:37 am

2009 was the #1 worst year of my life, with 2010 right at #2.  ;D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/10/16 at 11:59 am

Its cool that you had fun in your personal life in the early 10s.
But Unfortunately I HATED that time since those were my awkward, crazy, depressed teen years.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/10/16 at 12:03 pm

But similar to what Slim said, the early 2010s felt superficial, girly, and fake which is a BIG no no for someone like me. and the mid 10s were cynical, mean spirited, destructive, and violent.
Now The late 10s will be the Trump era... So yeah, this decade is going down as the worst in my lifetime so far. >:( :\'(

Written By: Howard on 11/10/16 at 2:51 pm

maybe it's a good idea, this country is getting way too overcrowded these days.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/10/16 at 2:52 pm

He should be the one paying for it, not Mexico, he's the one with the money! ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/10/16 at 2:53 pm

Even if he's elected president, I wouldn't think that would happen.

all it takes is bricks and concrete.

Written By: Howard on 11/10/16 at 2:55 pm

Maybe he'll improve our roads and infrastructure.

He also needs to lower the bus fare too.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/10/16 at 3:07 pm

But similar to what Slim said, the early 2010s felt superficial, girly, and fake which is a BIG no no for someone like me. and the mid 10s were cynical, mean spirited, destructive, and violent.
Now The late 10s will be the Trump era... So yeah, this decade is going down as the worst in my lifetime so far. >:( :\'(

The only years that I could think of being positive during this decade is 2010 and 2011. Ever since 2012, we already got through several horrendous events that keep haunting me to this day. Especially with Trump's presidency, since it's not positive to a lot of people.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/10/16 at 3:15 pm

The only years that I could think of being positive during this decade is 2010 and 2011. Ever since 2012, we already got through several horrendous events that keep haunting me to this day. Especially with Trump's presidency, since it's not positive to a lot of people.

For me, 2010 is the only year of the decade I've liked besides 2013. Culturally speaking. ;)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/10/16 at 3:30 pm

For me, 2010 is the only year of the decade I've liked besides 2013. Culturally speaking. ;)

Same, although 2013 was a bit sad for me personally. But culturally, it was decent.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/10/16 at 4:10 pm

Oohhhhhh.  :o

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/10/16 at 4:19 pm

The late 2000s/early 2010s were great for me, too. BTW: can you tell me where you live? Like which state or town?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/10/16 at 5:06 pm

The late 2000s/early 2010s were great for me, too. BTW: can you tell me where you live? Like which state or town?

He lives in North Carolina. Over there they aren't too kind to people like him.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/10/16 at 5:07 pm

The late 2000s/early 2010s were great for me, too.

It must have been great being in your early-mid 20s. I HATED being a teen during that era. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Written By: mqg96 on 11/10/16 at 5:22 pm

It must have been great being in your early-mid 20s. I HATED being a teen during that era. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Yeah, I understand how you feel. While I've admitted many times that my high school years were great except for junior year. I HATED being a preteen/teen throughout middle school in the late 2000's since it was a huge transition for me emotionally, although, when it comes to the upbeat atmosphere/vibe compared to now. I miss 2008 greatly! The excitement I had witnessing the first African American president 8 years ago (feels like yesterday) those emotions feel completely upside down 8 years later. I have to be brutally honest, but hatred, bigotry, racism, prejudice, and division won the election two nights ago. I'm worried about Donald Trump in office and I can only wish the best for him in office because that's what I want for our country. I hope his voters, supporters, and conservatives will be satisfied with him the next 4 years because I wouldn't be surprised if Trump changes up his plans again once he gets in office. Trump switched up so many words throughout his campaign I don't even know what to expect from him from day 1 and onwards he's in office. He will be the first president in U.S. history with NO political background and NO military background.

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/10/16 at 5:32 pm

He lives in North Carolina. Over there they aren't too kind to people like him.

I lived in NC for most of the first half of my life. I remember being gay in the 90s was really odd because the country was transitioning from that gay= AIDS/drag queens/assless chaps stage to the "they're gay and that's okay, icky, but okay...and let it be known that I love the puss!" stage.  ;D

I live in Houston, Texas. Liberals outside of TX crap on this state quite a lot (usually because TX deserves it), but you'd be amazed at our vibrant gay scene inside the city limits. I have no idea what it's like being gay as an adult in NC tho. I suggest moving to a more gay-friendly part of the state if you can.

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/10/16 at 5:47 pm

I do fear there will be a rollback of LGBT rights the next two years.

I get the feeling equal marriage and the repeal of DADT are secure since they have unarguable majority support. It's all the other protections I'm worried about.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/10/16 at 6:19 pm

I get the feeling equal marriage and the repeal of DADT are secure since they have unarguable majority support. It's all the other protections I'm worried about.

What other protections?

Written By: bchris02 on 11/10/16 at 6:39 pm

I lived in NC for most of the first half of my life. I remember being gay in the 90s was really odd because the country was transitioning from that gay= AIDS/drag queens/assless chaps stage to the "they're gay and that's okay, icky, but okay...and let it be known that I love the puss!" stage.  ;D

I live in Houston, Texas. Liberals outside of TX crap on this state quite a lot (usually because TX deserves it), but you'd be amazed at our vibrant gay scene inside the city limits. I have no idea what it's like being gay as an adult in NC tho. I suggest moving to a more gay-friendly part of the state if you can.

This is a great way to put it.  I remember the early 2000s were a better time for gays than most of the 90s but it still overall was not accepted in most of the country.  Even the popular shows of the time, like Friends, had homophobic undertones.

As for where I live, I live in Oklahoma, near Fort Smith, Arkansas.  This is probably one of the worst places to be any kind of LGBT in the entire country.  I used to live in North Carolina, in Charlotte, in the early 2010s.  I grew up in Missouri.  Charlotte is pretty gay friendly despite the state not being.  Right now, I plan to move to Dallas, Texas (the nearest place to where I live that is actually gay friendly) in 2020 if all goes as planned.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 11/10/16 at 7:47 pm

The big cities like Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin, etc, are very accepting, it might be the rural parts (I live in a rural area very close to a big city) you'd have to worry about here in Texas. I know a lot of somewhat homophobic people, I'm not personally though.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/10/16 at 8:02 pm

I grew up in Missouri. 

Sweet!!! I had no idea you grew up here, it's cool you're a fellow Missourian.  ;) :D
Are You a cardinals or blues fan? ???

Written By: 2001 on 11/10/16 at 8:08 pm

2009-2012 was a Golden Age! I personally like the mid-2010s too, though.

I'm extremely concerned about my LGBT brethren/sistren. The GOP now has free reign to do what they did in North Carolina and spread it throughout the country.

With the Supreme Court justices list he put forward, it's inevitable. Democrats can still do their thing in their own states, but LGBT in Middle America are going to really suffer. I get so depressed thinking about it.  :\'(

What other protections?

Removal of employment protections for LGBT (your boss can fire you for being gay), not letting transgender and non-binary people use public facilities that are assigned to their gender, forcing transgender/non-binary to undergo sex change therapy if they want to change their gender on official documents (some people can't undergo sex change therapy for health or personal reasons), banning adoptions by same-sex couples, endorsement of gay conversion therapy particularly for minors (where they often use physical and psychological torture), and many more.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/10/16 at 8:20 pm

I'm extremely concerned about my LGBT brethren/sistren. The GOP now has free reign to do what they did in North Carolina and spread it throughout the country.

Removal of employment protections for LGBT (your boss can fire you for being gay), not letting transgender and non-binary people use public facilities that are assigned to their gender, forcing transgender/non-binary to undergo sex change therapy if they want to change their gender on official documents (some people can't undergo sex change therapy for health or personal reasons), banning adoptions by same-sex couples, endorsement of gay conversion therapy particularly for minors (where they often use physical and psychological torture), and many more.

I just wanted bulky, hot, men, around me. Not all this anarchy!  >:(  >:(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/10/16 at 9:15 pm

2009-2011 was pretty cool. Too bad it's the only years that I liked from the cultural 2010s.  :\'(

I was actually thinking more of the other changes that aren't LGBT like. Even if that happens, I wouldn't really be affected by it so much since I'm not really gay, bisexual, nor transgender. I'm kinda worried about the "many more" stuff that Trump would possibly do in office.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/10/16 at 9:17 pm

Same. 2013 was my favourite year and 2010 was my second favourite. I hated 2011 and 2012, especially 2012.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/10/16 at 9:22 pm

Same. 2013 was my favourite year and 2010 was my second favourite. I hated 2011 and 2012, especially 2012.

2011 wasn't really that bad on most standards. However, 2012 and early 2013 were like a living hell towards me. I detested myself every day, because I knew that something awful would happen towards my personal life. The least that I could think of back then was that there wasn't anyone to torment me at my house, while I play Pokemon every day.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/10/16 at 9:24 pm

2011 wasn't really that bad on most standards. However, 2012 and early 2013 were like a living hell towards me. I detested myself every day, because I knew that something awful would happen towards my personal life. The least that I could think of back then was that there wasn't anyone to torment me at my house, while I play Pokemon every day.

Overall I prefer the mid 2010s both culturally and personal life wise, but the 2010s in general really suck. What's really strange is I remember there was way more backlash from the general public during the 2000s and now nobody is really caring about this decade. It's weird because the 2000s were obviously better, but everyone hated it and nobody even cares to hate this decade.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/10/16 at 9:27 pm

Overall I prefer the mid 2010s both culturally and personal life wise, but the 2010s in general really suck. What's really strange is I remember there was way more backlash from the general public during the 2000s and now nobody is really caring about this decade. It's weird because the 2000s were obviously better, but everyone hated it and nobody even cares to hate this decade.

They probably did it because of George W. Bush, but I don't really think it mattered so much. Plus, the economy was pretty sh*t at the time when the 2008 election happened, so I guess that gave people a reason. Although, I never really had them complain so much about the 2000s pop culture, despite not being mentioned often.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/10/16 at 9:29 pm

They probably did it because of George W. Bush, but I don't really think it mattered so much. Plus, the economy was pretty sh*t at the time when the 2008 election happened, so I guess that gave people a reason. Although, I never really had them complain so much about the 2000s pop culture, despite not being mentioned often.

They will probably hate this decade more now that Trump became president.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/10/16 at 9:52 pm

They will probably hate this decade more now that Trump became president.

But people would still feel happy about the early-mid 2010s since that was when Obama was president. Compared to the 2000s, where '46 Bush was literally president through almost the entire 2000s (January 20, 2001 - January 20, 2009), that would be different.

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/11/16 at 12:15 am

That sucks. What made it terrible for you?

For me, it was so festive and hopeful. Even in the face of our economy falling apart, the future seemed bright. I think the country really needed Obama during those years. He got kinda bland after 2011 tho. I partied every weekend for the span of 4 years. That helped. lol. I usually find mainstream music to be tolerable or terrible but during that small era, so many indie artists made a lot of headway into the mainstream, Justice, MGMT, Grizzly Bear, M.I.A. And the indie sphere it was even better. Music today is basically indie/hipster music of yesteryear with the coolness and experimentalism sucked out of it. At least SIA is huge. I've been listening to her since Zero 7 released Destiny. It's crazy to see her as this giant megastar after watching her fly under the radar for over a decade.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/11/16 at 12:43 am

That sucks. What made it terrible for you?

For me, it was so festive and hopeful. Even in the face of our economy falling apart, the future seemed bright. I think the country really needed Obama during those years. He got kinda bland after 2011 tho. I partied every weekend for the span of 4 years. That helped. lol. I usually find mainstream music to be tolerable or terrible but during that small era, so many indie artists made a lot of headway into the mainstream, Justice, MGMT, Grizzly Bear, M.I.A. And the indie sphere it was even better. Music today is basically indie/hipster music of yesteryear with the coolness and experimentalism sucked out of it. At least SIA is huge. I've been listening to her since Zero 7 released Destiny. It's crazy to see her as this giant megastar after watching her fly under the radar for over a decade.

I dealt with bullying, negativism, the usual teenage stuff. But going through that stage made that time unbearable.
So I don't think I'll miss the early 10s, I don't miss being bullied, having to stand up for myself every fu*king weak, being afraid to got to school, terrible lunches, waking up at 6:50 in the morning, being controlled and being bossed around by authority figures. That SUCKED! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Like I said you're blessed to have been in your early-mid 20s during that time. To actually go out and do things and have fun. ::)

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/11/16 at 3:33 am

I dealt with bullying, negativism, the usual teenage stuff. But going through that stage made that time unbearable.
So I don't think I'll miss the early 10s, I don't miss being bullied, having to stand up for myself every fu*king weak, being afraid to got to school, terrible lunches, waking up at 6:50 in the morning, being controlled and being bossed around by authority figures. That SUCKED! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Like I said you're blessed to have been in your early-mid 20s during that time. To actually go out and do things and have fun. ::)

Giant hugz, man. Middle school (97-98) was nasty for me. Even the principal and some teachers were horrible to me. I'm sure they're the ones that really kicked off my intense bitterness towards the religious right as I was a kid that was going thru a stupid Wicca phase and they were good southern conservative Christians who's job it was to make my life hell because I was different.

How old are you now, if you don't mind me asking? (Edit: I'm assuming you were born in 95. lol)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 11/11/16 at 5:48 am

I am genuinely concerned at how the US (and the world, to a certain extent) is going to cope with Trump being President for the next four years. There seems to be a growing divide among people in the US at the moment; African-Americans are fighting for their rights against the police, people are dissatisfied over how the country is governed, the youth of the US appear to be at odds with the older citizens (as proven by the results of the election).  I really do hope that sanity prevails and Trump's promises do not come to fruition. The fact that this idiot will have access to nuclear weapons is frightening enough, let alone the fact that he plans on stopping trade deals with other countries and forcing Mexico to build a giant wall on the US/Mexican border.

This morning on the radio, I heard that people (here in Australia) have actually been calling the Lifeline phone service, due to how concerned they are over Trump being elected as President. On election day, there were statuses made by some of my Facebook friends, saying that "this is it" and "life will never be the same again". Two of my closest friends were genuinely scared over Donald Trump becoming the next US President. The next four years are going to be challenging for not just the US, but the entire world.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/16 at 7:14 am

Oohhhhhh.  :o

I heard it's going to $3 by 2017.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 11/11/16 at 8:25 am

The 2010s are the decade from fudgeing hell.
Early 2010s, late 2010s, doesn't matter.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/11/16 at 8:51 am

It seems like I can't fully enjoy this decade without something terrible happening from either my personal life or pop culture. The early 2010s were just terrible because of my personal life, while the late 2010s are just going to be terrible because of Trump's presidency. I could say that the mid 2010s were tolerable, but the political and cultural events were just devastating to watch.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/11/16 at 9:28 am

Giant hugz, man. Middle school (97-98) was nasty for me. Even the principal and some teachers were horrible to me. I'm sure they're the ones that really kicked off my intense bitterness towards the religious right as I was a kid that was going thru a stupid Wicca phase and they were good southern conservative Christians who's job it was to make my life hell because I was different.

How old are you now, if you don't mind me asking? (Edit: I'm assuming you were born in 95. lol)

Obviously I'm 21 now. I prefer my life now than back then for DAMN sure!

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/11/16 at 10:47 am

It is kind of mind blowing. Trump winning seems to be a in your dream thing. I really thought Hillary would win.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/11/16 at 10:51 am

It is kind of mind blowing. Trump winning seems to be a in your dream thing. I really thought Hillary would win.

Having Hillary winning seems more like a dream than Trump winning, since most neo-conservatives like him.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/11/16 at 11:42 am

Having Hillary winning seems more like a dream than Trump winning, since most neo-conservatives like him.

That's true. I've said months ago I wouldn't be surprised if Trump won. That's just the way America is. I feel like Bernie Sanders wouldn't stand a chance because most Americans are afraid of socialism.

Written By: mqg96 on 11/11/16 at 11:54 am

Even when Obama was running for president 8 years ago, as a 12 year old I was confident he was going to fix this country and serve for 8 years. In 2012 I was confident he was gonna be reelected and he was. I'm actually surprised so many people thought Hillary was gonna come out easy over Trump. I knew it was 50-50 from the start. Too many democrats and liberals sat out for this election and took it for granted (3rd party party voters included tbh), they had a bunch of excuses for not voting at all, and at the same time with all these protests and division going on in this country the last couple of years, you knew people were getting sick and tired of the political correctness and being accused harshly for having their own opinions, so people should have known the Republicans and conservatives were gonna come out stronger this election. Hillary's campaign was weak, it was more about "Trump not being fit to be president" than she actually coming up with strong plans for our country, which is why people who voted for Obama in the 2012 election sat out because they weren't sure.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/11/16 at 12:21 pm

That's true. I've said months ago I wouldn't be surprised if Trump won. That's just the way America is. I feel like Bernie Sanders wouldn't stand a chance because most Americans are afraid of socialism.

Even though he was going for democratic socialism, which is different from regular socialism. Those Americans didn't realize that, and sadly had him kicked out of the election.

Even when Obama was running for president 8 years ago, as a 12 year old I was confident he was going to fix this country and serve for 8 years. In 2012 I was confident he was gonna be reelected and he was. I'm actually surprised so many people thought Hillary was gonna come out easy over Trump. I knew it was 50-50 from the start. Too many democrats and liberals sat out for this election and took it for granted, they had a bunch of excuses for not voting at all, and at the same time with all these protests and division going on in this country the last couple of years, you knew people were getting sick and tired of the political correctness and being accused harshly for having their own opinions, so people should have known the Replicans and conservatives were gonna come out stronger this election. Hillary's campaign was weak, it was more about "Trump not being fit to be president" than she actually coming up with strong plans for our country, which is why Obama supporters who voted for him in the 2012 election sat out because they weren't sure.

There were some Hillary supporters who voted for her, but it wasn't as strong as Trump's campaign nor his supporters.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/11/16 at 12:50 pm

Even though he was going for democratic socialism, which is different from regular socialism. Those Americans didn't realize that, and sadly had him kicked out of the election.

Well all socialism is democratic socialism these days. There are very few true communist countries left in the world (Cuba is one of the last remaining ones) They don't like democratic socialism because they are afraid of high taxes mainly. So it is socialism and Americans don't like that.  America is one of the most capitalist countries in the world. That's why Bernie didn't stand a chance. The right wing far out number the left in the U.S. I liked Bernie. It would be a dream come true if he won.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/16 at 1:46 pm

That's what I thought too, I thought Hillary would win too.

Written By: 2001 on 11/11/16 at 3:03 pm

I thought you liked the early '10s. Or it was just 2010?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/11/16 at 3:13 pm

Well all socialism is democratic socialism these days. There are very few true communist countries left in the world (Cuba is one of the last remaining ones) They don't like democratic socialism because they are afraid of high taxes mainly. So it is socialism and Americans don't like that.  America is one of the most capitalist countries in the world. That's why Bernie didn't stand a chance. The right wing far out number the left in the U.S. I liked Bernie. It would be a dream come true if he won.

I thought they didn't like Bernie because the government thought he was a radical politician.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/11/16 at 4:59 pm

I think that Trump really will make America great again, because it sure hasn't been the last few years since Obama ran this country into the dirt. If Trump follows trough with everything he has planned, then he could be the greatest president of my lifetime, even better than Reagan.

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/11/16 at 9:03 pm

I think that Trump really will make America great again, because it sure hasn't been the last few years since Obama ran this country into the dirt. If Trump follows trough with everything he has planned, then he could be the greatest president of my lifetime, even better than Reagan.

That's the thing...he won't follow through with everything he has planned. He'll keep the Obama stuff most of the country likes then go on serving our corporate masters twice as much as the democrats. Obamacare needs some tuning up but I still don't know how Obama has run anything into the dirt. I get that our country's issues are more personal right now but have you really forgotten 2004-2008? I lived in Houston, a city known as a boom town during the recession and I remember all the foreclosed signs in my neighborhood. I remember the insane gas prices. I remember getting little satisfaction from watching my conservative/republican friends realize how inefficient and corrupt the Bush Administration was. Actually, Obama might be leaving the White House with an approval rating higher than Reagan's. Most of our country's governments have been presided over by Republicans since 2010 and they've gotten none of the blame for anything wrong with our current state.

I really hope you're right. I hope our country enjoys prosperity for as long as it exists and if Trump presides over some if it...then so be it. But I have very low hopes for him and I believe he's given me every reason to feel that way.

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/12/16 at 12:44 am

What other protections?

Laws regarding discrimination.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/12/16 at 12:56 am

That's the thing...he won't follow through with everything he has planned. He'll keep the Obama stuff most of the country likes then go on serving our corporate masters twice as much as the democrats. Obamacare needs some tuning up but I still don't know how Obama has run anything into the dirt. I get that our country's issues are more personal right now but have you really forgotten 2004-2008? I lived in Houston, a city known as a boom town during the recession and I remember all the foreclosed signs in my neighborhood. I remember the insane gas prices. I remember getting little satisfaction from watching my conservative/republican friends realize how inefficient and corrupt the Bush Administration was. Actually, Obama might be leaving the White House with an approval rating higher than Reagan's. Most of our country's governments have been presided over by Republicans since 2010 and they've gotten none of the blame for anything wrong with our current state.

I really hope you're right. I hope our country enjoys prosperity for as long as it exists and if Trump presides over some if it...then so be it. But I have very low hopes for him and I believe he's given me every reason to feel that way.

Your points of views are very balanced.  :)

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/12/16 at 12:59 am

This is a great way to put it.  I remember the early 2000s were a better time for gays than most of the 90s but it still overall was not accepted in most of the country.  Even the popular shows of the time, like Friends, had homophobic undertones.

As for where I live, I live in Oklahoma, near Fort Smith, Arkansas.  This is probably one of the worst places to be any kind of LGBT in the entire country.  I used to live in North Carolina, in Charlotte, in the early 2010s.  I grew up in Missouri.  Charlotte is pretty gay friendly despite the state not being.  Right now, I plan to move to Dallas, Texas (the nearest place to where I live that is actually gay friendly) in 2020 if all goes as planned.

I looked up Fort Smith on the map and when you say it is probably one of the worst places to be any kind of LGBT in the entire country...I'll take your word for it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the worst places in the country to be intelligent.  ;D

I'm actually trying to move out of Houston and the south. I'm completely over hot weather and the oh so nice people who believe slavery accounted for 10% of the reason behind the Civil War.

Written By: aspireone on 11/12/16 at 3:09 am

If that means less Ariana Grande and more Adele, then I'm happy.

Actually, what I had in mind is more Madonna circa 2004 Re-invention Tour ( but with more Lady Gaga)
more Green Day or a rise of Green Day clones
more mid-90s rap (or Eminem circa 2002)

Written By: Howard on 11/12/16 at 7:19 am

Let's hope he lives up to his promises.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/12/16 at 8:41 am

Laws regarding discrimination.

Well then, I'm not sure if I should be happy with Trump being president or not.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/12/16 at 12:38 pm

I'll just put the web address up, instead of the whole video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDVWTs3gXW4

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/12/16 at 1:39 pm

bDVWTs3gXW4

Could you not put in a Young Turks video after Trump got elected? I'm pretty sure they're already going to make it about racists throughout his victory.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/12/16 at 4:59 pm

Could you not put in a Young Turks video after Trump got elected? I'm pretty sure they're already going to make it about racists throughout his victory.

U watch them sometimes??

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/12/16 at 5:09 pm

U watch them sometimes??

I used to, but then I couldn't take it anymore because of how they usually make videos on racist people. Not that I defend them, but it's just that I can't stand people talking about vibrant racism.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/12/16 at 5:12 pm

I used to, but then I couldn't take it anymore because of how they usually make videos on racist people. Not that I defend them, but it's just that I can't stand people talking about vibrant racism.

I don't think racists are vibrant. They want everyone the same color.  :-X

Written By: nintieskid999 on 11/12/16 at 10:58 pm

I thought you liked the early '10s. Or it was just 2010?

I hate the early 10s but like some of the music way better than now.

Written By: Looney Toon on 11/13/16 at 11:47 am

I don't think racists are vibrant. They want everyone the same color.  :-X

Mansion, you always say the funniest things.  ;D Comments that're both serious yet cheeky.

Written By: tv on 11/20/16 at 2:02 am

Well call Mayor De Blasio's office maybe you can ask him about lowering your bus fare! The Federal Government plays really no part in lowering bus fares for people since that is an issue for your local government to deal with.

Written By: tv on 11/20/16 at 2:15 am

With the Supreme Court justices list he put forward, it's inevitable. Democrats can still do their thing in their own states, but LGBT in Middle America are going to really suffer. I get so depressed thinking about it.  :\'(

I could be wrong or overly optimistic but I don't think Trump is gonna do anything to reverse the gains that LGBT people have made. I personally don't care for Gay Conversion Therapy. Its just cruel.

Written By: tv on 11/20/16 at 2:25 am

High Gas Prices-Again the Federal Government does not control gas prices "the market" and "Wall Street Speculators" in the commodities market control gas prices.

Most of the countries governments are controlled by Republicans and they don't get any blame for our current state-Well they are responsible for their individual states.

Written By: tv on 11/20/16 at 2:34 am

Actually, what I had in mind is more Madonna circa 2004 Re-invention Tour ( but with more Lady Gaga)
more Green Day or a rise of Green Day clones
more mid-90s rap (or Eminem circa 2002)
I was thinking along more in the lines of a 1988-1991 revival myself like late 80's like pop Gloria Estefan, Expose and Vanessa Williams. Maybe something like "Alice In Chains" first album "Facelift" which is 80's Heavy Metal influenced as well.

Written By: tv on 11/20/16 at 2:39 am

I really don't have high hopes for Trump. I think he could be a mediocre President like Jimmy Carter or an average president like George H.W. Bush.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/20/16 at 9:01 am

1/20/2017 it starts.  ;D

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/20/16 at 11:39 am

High Gas Prices-Again the Federal Government does not control gas prices "the market" and "Wall Street Speculators" in the commodities market control gas prices.

Most of the countries governments are controlled by Republicans and they don't get any blame for our current state-Well they are responsible for their individual states.

Hey, tv. I know the federal government doesn't control gas prices. I don't necessarily blame Bush for the gas prices. I was comparing that era to this era. Surely this era has better gas prices than that era.

As for your second sentence: I know that, too. My point was that if the places they represented were hurting and they were re-elected, they weren't punished for being bad representatives.

Written By: bchris02 on 11/21/16 at 10:33 am

Hey, tv. I know the federal government doesn't control gas prices. I don't necessarily blame Bush for the gas prices. I was comparing that era to this era. Surely this era has better gas prices than that era.

I really hope we aren't going back to $4 gas.  Bush was indirectly responsible in that he deregulated the commodities market, allowing Wall St speculators to drive the price of oil up to $150/bbl.  Obama did not fix this.  The only reason gas is still so cheap today is those same speculators have driven the price of oil down because of concern about an oversupply thanks to increasing U.S. production and Saudi Arabia's refusal to cut production.

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/21/16 at 3:10 pm

I really don't have high hopes for Trump. I think he could be a mediocre President like Jimmy Carter or an average president like George H.W. Bush.

Hmm...what's the difference between mediocre and average?

I think Trump is going to make an excellent whipping boy. I don't know why so many people against "PC culture" are pinning their hopes on him.

Written By: bchris02 on 11/21/16 at 4:34 pm

I think Jimmy Carter was a terrible President and George H.W. Bush was average.

I personally believe Trump is a combination of Nixon and Wallace.  He will try to be a "law and order" President like Nixon, but will be reactionary like Wallace would have been.  Wallace was basically a 1960s version of Donald Trump.  People who supported Wallace were angry about the civil rights movement and the cultural changes of the '60s and wanted to return to the pre-1960s social order.  Wallace was all about preserving culture and tradition, just like Trump is.  It's just he didn't get a lot of support outside of the South.

I am hoping Trump will be a one-term President and we can get a fair and moderate Democrat in 2020.

Written By: tv on 11/21/16 at 6:32 pm

Mediocre=below average.

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/21/16 at 9:10 pm

Mediocre=below average.

Thanks for the explanation.

I never lived through Jimmy Carter so I'll let history take of him.

Anyone think this is gonna grow as the years ago on?

1o6-bi3jlxk

Written By: 80sfan on 11/21/16 at 9:54 pm

Thanks for the explanation.

I never lived through Jimmy Carter so I'll let history take of him.

Anyone think this is gonna grow as the years ago on?

1o6-bi3jlxk

Oh God!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1JqoRRkqqCTDTJ0Ay71epi_BB8BGLuC3ZGip5OZqiwGMif2lExQ

Written By: tv on 11/23/16 at 12:54 pm

I think Jimmy Carter was a terrible President and George H.W. Bush was average.

I personally believe Trump is a combination of Nixon and Wallace.  He will try to be a "law and order" President like Nixon, but will be reactionary like Wallace would have been.  Wallace was basically a 1960s version of Donald Trump.  People who supported Wallace were angry about the civil rights movement and the cultural changes of the '60s and wanted to return to the pre-1960s social order.  Wallace was all about preserving culture and tradition, just like Trump is.  It's just he didn't get a lot of support outside of the South.
I don't know it seems like Trump wants to unite the country but that will be hard considering his campaign rhetoric. The only "Law and Order" thing that I have seen that Trump wants to implement or is "Stop and Frisk" which was a process that was used in NYC(pre-Bill Blasio mayoral-ship) to profile suspected people of "wrongdoing". I'm not in favor of "Stop and Frisk" because a cop can just "suspect" by how you look that you something in your pockets(i.e. drugs) without having probable cause to search you.

Written By: 2001 on 11/24/16 at 8:21 pm

Oh God!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1JqoRRkqqCTDTJ0Ay71epi_BB8BGLuC3ZGip5OZqiwGMif2lExQ

A more relevant picture...

WARNING: graphic

http://vho.org/GB/Books/dth/Image21.jpg
http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/othercamps/images/The%20bodies%20of%20former%20prisoners%20are%20piled%20outside%20the%20crematorium%20at%20the%20newly%20liberated%20Dachau%20concentration%20camp.%20Dachau,%20Germany,%20April-May%201945.jpg

This is what these people want. Deplorable doesn't even come close to cutting it.

Written By: Emman on 11/26/16 at 2:30 pm

http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/othercamps/images/The%20bodies%20of%20former%20prisoners%20are%20piled%20outside%20the%20crematorium%20at%20the%20newly%20liberated%20Dachau%20concentration%20camp.%20Dachau,%20Germany,%20April-May%201945.jpg

This is what these people want. Deplorable doesn't even come close to cutting it.

Specifically they want a white ethnostate with all nonwhites removed, they typically deny the holocaust(image above) even happened but they do blame the jews for all that is evil in the world.

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/16 at 4:32 pm

Specifically they want a white ethnostate with all nonwhites removed, they typically deny the holocaust(image above) even happened but they do blame the jews for all that is evil in the world.

I wonder why they even bother denying it... Like, do they actually care if it happened?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/26/16 at 7:57 pm

I wonder why they even bother denying it... Like, do they actually care if it happened?

They deny it because they think the Jews spread lies about the whole thing.

Written By: 2001 on 11/27/16 at 7:34 pm

The #BestTempremant president has gone OFF THE RAILS. The Green Queen with ha 1 percentage point of vote #triggered our president-elect into an EPIC Twitter meltdown this fine Sunday afternoon and has the world roaring in laughter as he concuckts wild conspiracy theories on the fly!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?s=09

Jillsus Stein, ha power. 😱

----

I didn't want a recount, but if it pisses Trump off then maybe it's not a total and complete waste of money ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 11/27/16 at 7:55 pm

The #BestTempremant president has gone OFF THE RAILS. The Green Queen with ha 1 percentage point of vote #triggered our president-elect into an EPIC Twitter meltdown this fine Sunday afternoon and has the world roaring in laughter as he concuckts wild conspiracy theories on the fly!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?s=09

Jillsus Stein, ha power. 😱

----

I didn't want a recount, but if it pisses Trump off then maybe it's not a total and complete waste of money ;D

Isn't she that new psychic reader??

Written By: 80sfan on 11/27/16 at 7:56 pm

:.beautiful thoughts:.  :.beautiful thoughts:.  :.beautiful thoughts:.  :.beautiful thoughts:.

Written By: 2001 on 11/27/16 at 9:34 pm

Isn't she that new psychic reader??

Psychic healer*/homoeopathic physician.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/27/16 at 9:55 pm

:.beautiful thoughts:.  :.beautiful thoughts:.  :.beautiful thoughts:.  :.beautiful thoughts:.

1o6-bi3jlxk

Sorry.  Probably a bit too late for that.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/27/16 at 10:07 pm

1o6-bi3jlxk

Yeah, I don't think there's even a lot of positive thoughts to think from this heavily political era. You could say the same thing previously, but at least people didn't read the news from Facebook or Twitter so much before 2013.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/27/16 at 10:09 pm

I like Jill Stein. If I lived in the U.S. I would have probably voted for her.

Written By: 2001 on 11/27/16 at 10:46 pm

I like Jill Stein. If I lived in the U.S. I would have probably voted for her.

She's super left wing because she knows she won't win. You know Americans wouldn't vote for someone that far left ;D That's why the Democrats have to be more centrist on some things. Although sometimes Dems really drop the ball, like the whole DAPL thing.

In any case, I'm really cold on Jill Stein. This whole election recount thing looked like a scam to benefit the Green Party to me. I feel like she preyed on people who are prone to believing in conspiracy theories (Russian hacking, vote rigging) and took thousands of dollars from them. I'd be surprised if it changes the results. If it does change the results though... Then she's a hero LOL.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/27/16 at 10:47 pm

She's super left wing because she knows she won't win. You know Americans wouldn't vote for someone that far left ;D That's why the Democrats have to be more centrist on some things. Although sometimes Dems drop the ball, like the whole DAPL thing.

Their democrats are like our conservatives here. Probably even more right wing that that. While the republicans are like on a whole other planet.  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 11/27/16 at 11:07 pm

Their democrats are like our conservatives here. Probably even more right wing that that. While the republicans are like on a whole other planet.  ;D

Democrats are like the 1980s Brian Mulroney Conservatives. Republicans are definitely something else  ;D like the Wildrose Party but somehow even crazier.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/27/16 at 11:40 pm

1o6-bi3jlxk

Shouldn't it be heil?

Written By: 80sfan on 11/27/16 at 11:42 pm

I'm so happy she supports gay marriage.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/28/16 at 6:31 am

Shouldn't it be heil?

Yeah, but hail and heil are both the same to these people.

Written By: 2001 on 11/28/16 at 12:58 pm

I'm so happy she supports gay marriage.

She's no match for the Queen of the Gays though aka Hillegend. Too bad the straights snatched ha crown and gave it to Maajin Buu.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/01/16 at 8:36 pm

Shouldn't it be heil?

He's translating from German to English. "Hail Victory" is the literal translation of "Seig Heil."

Here's a long read from 20 years ago that might be a good roadmap to where we're going: The nazis were fascists, but not all fascist states resulted in genocides, at least, not right away.  1995 essay by Umberto Eco on how fascism works.  (Spoiler alert: they usually collapsed before that, but it's a nice essay into how it fits together and why it appeals to people, especially in times of economic distress.) 

Written By: 80sfan on 12/04/16 at 3:30 am

He's translating from German to English. "Hail Victory" is the literal translation of "Seig Heil."

Here's a long read from 20 years ago that might be a good roadmap to where we're going: The nazis were fascists, but not all fascist states resulted in genocides, at least, not right away.  1995 essay by Umberto Eco on how fascism works.  (Spoiler alert: they usually collapsed before that, but it's a nice essay into how it fits together and why it appeals to people, especially in times of economic distress.)

:o

Written By: 80sfan on 12/04/16 at 3:36 am

I have a feeling that 2017 will have a different energy than 2010 to 2016. Yes, partly because of The Orange One, or he-who-shall-not-be-named. But I think it's more than that. But we'll see if I'm right, or not.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/04/16 at 3:51 am

Shouldn't it be heil?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46QYGsf9IGs

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/04/16 at 4:14 am

Woo woo!  Next stop for the #TrumpTrain is Louisiana, where John Kennedy is poised to win the US Senate runoff election.

Let's make it 52 .  8)

Written By: 80sfan on 12/04/16 at 4:20 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46QYGsf9IGs

:D  :D

Written By: Slim95 on 12/04/16 at 1:43 pm

At this point I just want there to be some kind of distinct culture in the late 2010s whether good or bad. The mid 2010s culture is not as definitive as the early 10s. It feels like we're in an era without pop culture right now. I just want pop culture to be interesting and definitive in some way. I'm not counting on liking it, but change is good and it is needed.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/04/16 at 4:21 pm

At this point I just want there to be some kind of distinct culture in the late 2010s whether good or bad. The mid 2010s culture is not as definitive as the early 10s. It feels like we're in an era without pop culture right now. I just want pop culture to be interesting and definitive in some way. I'm not counting on liking it, but change is good and it is needed.

Make Jamaica great again!  8)

Written By: BornIn86 on 12/05/16 at 7:06 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/03/world/asia/philippines-rodrigo-duterte-donald-trump.html

Trump praises murderous dictator in Philippines. A sign of things to come in the United States?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/05/16 at 7:12 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/03/world/asia/philippines-rodrigo-duterte-donald-trump.html

Trump praises murderous dictator in Philippines. A sign of things to come in the United States?

If that is what he's going to do for the next four year, then I don't know if the U.S. would be sane again. We might as well form the New Founding Fathers of America, just to predict the Purge correctly.

Written By: 2001 on 12/05/16 at 7:15 pm

He's not exactly a dictator, although he is murderous.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/05/16 at 7:25 pm

Trump praises murderous president in Philippines. A sign of things to come in the United States?

Fixed it for him.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/05/16 at 7:27 pm

He'S kicking butt and taking names.

Written By: 2001 on 12/05/16 at 7:34 pm

Idk about this Xtreme Xtra-judicial murder life. Where is the chill. http://i.imgur.com/g8eh6.gif

Written By: 80sfan on 12/05/16 at 7:41 pm

Idk about this Xtreme Xtra-judicial murder life. Where is the chill. http://i.imgur.com/g8eh6.gif

Damn! You just brang it all to THE NEXT LEVEL!!!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuv4-li3mUrOrsTJ5xJ6QZ32VF5sH0NXXoe4VbzU1wIuREP7cLfg

Written By: BornIn86 on 12/05/16 at 8:02 pm

I guess...if a genocide qualifies as kicking butt and taking names.

People are scary.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/05/16 at 8:09 pm

I guess...if a genocide qualifies as kicking butt and taking names.

People are scary.

Well, he's killing people who are "associated" with drugs. So it's not like he's killing the entire country.  :-[

Written By: BornIn86 on 12/05/16 at 8:18 pm

Well, he's killing people who are "associated" with drugs. So it's not like he's killing the entire country.  :-[

Look up the definition of genocide.

Also, I don't think mass murdering people "associated with drugs" makes it any better. Police and citizens have been given the go ahead to murder anyone with impunity just as long as they claim the murdered was somehow associated with drugs.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/05/16 at 8:22 pm

Look up the definition of genocide.

Also, I don't think mass murdering people "associated with drugs" makes it any better. Police and citizens have been given the go ahead to murder anyone with impunity just as long as they claim the murdered was somehow associated with drugs.

Do you really think I feel comfortable with sharing my political opinions? I already know that the term "genocide" means to eradicate a certain ethnicity, race, and/or religion. It's just that I don't want to have pro-Trump supporters thinking that I'm more liberal, since I live in the most conservative borough in New York City.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/05/16 at 8:57 pm

Trump's got big, big plans everyone!

First, his newest casino... The WHITE House! Doesn't that name just grab you by the attention span? We have the best names folks!

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/ht-trump-white-house-joke-jc-161110_4x3_992.jpg

Next we've got Trump's Pleasure Paradise! Obama wanted to keep the pentagon. Sad! Who needs a pentagon when you've got another successful hotel? ;)

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Capture12-330x220.jpg

Can't you just smell the success? I'm telling you, success is sweet!

http://api.theweek.com/sites/default/files/styles/tw_image_9_4/public/RT_TrumpPresident_2_19_JACKIE.jpg?itok=zthvqP3t

The first law will be toupees for everyone! A bald man? Sad!

http://media.salon.com/2015/05/bad_toupee.jpg

Written By: Howard on 12/06/16 at 2:53 pm

If that is what he's going to do for the next four year, then I don't know if the U.S. would be sane again. We might as well form the New Founding Fathers of America, just to predict the Purge correctly.

just give him some time and we'll see what he's capable of achieving.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/06/16 at 3:36 pm

Well, Trump seems rather controversial for what he'll do. I mean, the anti-Trump protests don't mean to a lot of Americans, but it might be a big deal towards progressive politicians.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/06/16 at 11:13 pm

https://66.media.tumblr.com/2d8281a355d5e068873365c25aa83c62/tumblr_o3h8xpObYi1v1ny7lo1_500.png

I mean, it's 1922, we all know he doesn't mean all those things he said on the campaign trail.  Sure sounds like he wants to kick a lotta ass and take a lotta names, though.  #MGGA!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/07/16 at 6:58 am

https://66.media.tumblr.com/2d8281a355d5e068873365c25aa83c62/tumblr_o3h8xpObYi1v1ny7lo1_500.png

I mean, it's 1922, we all know he doesn't mean all those things he said on the campaign trail.  Sure sounds like he wants to kick a lotta ass and take a lotta names, though.  #MGGA!

Considering that some of Trump's supporters are neo-Nazis and white supremacists (AKA the people who idolize Hitler and believed the Holocaust never happened), it's no big surprise that they think Trump would do the same thing to America.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/08/16 at 6:31 am

The millennium is 16, going on 17!  ;D

hwK_WOXjfc0

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/08/16 at 6:34 am

The millennium is 16, going on 17!  ;D

hwK_WOXjfc0

That seems like a post for any other thread, but lol.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/08/16 at 6:36 am

That seems like a post for any other thread, but lol.

The 2020's have a cool ring to it. I can't wait to have a decade with a name! Although I believe
that the late 10's will be a good time for me, personally.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/08/16 at 6:45 am

The 2020's have a cool ring to it. I can't wait to have a decade with a name! Although I believe
that the late 10's will be a good time for me, personally.

Although, the 2020s would be like the Neo 20s, since the 1920s-1990s have names for themselves already.

Written By: 2001 on 12/08/16 at 7:19 am

Already sick of hearing about his dumb ass tbh. Like, I open the newspaper in the morning and it's like "f*ck it" *close*. ;D He's not even pres yet, ugh.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/08/16 at 8:54 am

Already sick of hearing about his dumb ass tbh. Like, I open the newspaper in the morning and it's like "f*ck it" *close*. ;D He's not even pres yet, ugh.

It's going to be a long 4 years for you then. I don't care for Trump, but I hope he doesn't screw things up.

Usually medication helps me read the newspapers with 'you know who's name.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/16 at 9:03 am

It's going to be a long 4 years for you then. I don't care for Trump, but I hope he doesn't screw things up.

...avoid the papers in the first place might help?

Written By: 80sfan on 12/08/16 at 9:26 am

Take a pill?  ???

Written By: 2001 on 12/08/16 at 9:39 am

It was about his Twitter account and how he's using it to harass people. It read like some gossip magazine article I could read about him from 2008, but he's actually for real now. 😱

Yeah, I'm waiting for weed to be legal LOL

But how will I pwn n00bs online if I don't know what I'm talking about.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/08/16 at 10:17 am

He's pretty controversial as president. What else do people want to know about him until he gets inaugurated in January?

Written By: Slim95 on 12/08/16 at 10:59 am

Although, the 2020s would be like the Neo 20s, since the 1920s-1990s have names for themselves already.

It will just be called the 20s. The  2030s will be called the 30s, etc. By then nobody will give a crap about the 20th century, just like nobody cared about the 19th century once the 1920s arrived. But even if people do still care, the 1920s will be called the 1920s and 2020s will just be called the 20s.

I must say 2020 sounds very nice. There's no way a decade can be bad with a name like that.  ;D

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/08/16 at 11:15 am

nobody cared about the 19th century once the 1920s arrived.

Wrong. During the 20s there was nostalgia for what they called the "Gay 90s".

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/08/16 at 12:21 pm

It will just be called the 20s. The  2030s will be called the 30s, etc. By then nobody will give a crap about the 20th century, just like nobody cared about the 19th century once the 1920s arrived. But even if people do still care, the 1920s will be called the 1920s and 2020s will just be called the 20s.

I must say 2020 sounds very nice. There's no way a decade can be bad with a name like that.  ;D

Yeah, but the 20th century is really influential towards our world's history. So, it would be quite hard for some people to call it as the 20s.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/08/16 at 1:00 pm

Yeah, but the 20th century is really influential towards our world's history. So, it would be quite hard for some people to call it as the 20s.

No it wouldn't. It would be called the 1920s and the 2020s would be called the 20s. Why would it be hard? Why wouldn't they use the same naming scheme as they did last century?  So you're saying that the only century that uses this naming scheme is the 20th century? Why would that be the case? We're in a new century now so we're going back to calling the decades like we did before. It's not like the decades before didn't exist, it's just they're named differently. The next decade is the 20s, just like this decade many people call the 10s, end of story.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/08/16 at 1:25 pm

No it wouldn't. It would be called the 1920s and the 2020s would be called the 20s. Why would it be hard? Why wouldn't they use the same naming scheme as they did last century?  So you're saying that the only century that uses this naming scheme is the 20th century? Why would that be the case? We're in a new century now so we're going back to calling the decades like we did before. It's not like the decades before didn't exist, it's just they're named differently. The next decade is the 20s, just like this decade many people call the 10s, end of story.

I meant for people who are historians. It could be towards those who aren't into history, but not as much as historians or other people who are fascinated with the subject. Unless people could just name it from whatever historical event happened. Or just call it the 2020s in general.

Written By: 2001 on 12/08/16 at 2:55 pm

The 1920s will forever be immortalized as  "the roaring '20s". Your fave decades tried. 2020s will be just "'20s".

Written By: Howard on 12/08/16 at 3:13 pm

I feel the same way sometimes.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/08/16 at 4:45 pm

The 1920s will forever be immortalized as  "the roaring '20s". Your fave decades tried. 2020s will be just "'20s".

At least some people could see it as the Neo '20s, like me.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/08/16 at 5:36 pm

Hopefully it'll be better than the 2010's!  8-P

Written By: Slim95 on 12/08/16 at 5:45 pm

Oh yeah I think we all hope for that.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/08/16 at 5:51 pm

Oh yeah I think we all hope for that.

It feels like the 00's and 10's are the 21st century trying to find itself.

Written By: 2001 on 12/08/16 at 6:37 pm

Check yoself. 2010s were amazing until what you guys did down there and in the UK.  You ruined your own lives!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/08/16 at 7:27 pm

Check yoself. 2010s were amazing until what you guys did down there and in the UK.  You ruined your own lives!

Along with the world. I mean, we might be f*cked already once we get into 2017.

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/08/16 at 7:32 pm

Even though numerically the late 2010s started back in September, for now it still feels like the mid 2010s culturally, for me.

In fact, 2016 feels like a culmination of the mid 2010s and everything leading up to this point. The backlash against political correctness and social justice was already bubbling in 2014-2015, and Trump winning was the logical conclusion to this.

Late 2010s culture probably won't that noticeable until around mid 2017. That being said, one thing I noticed is that comedy programs have started to finally go back to making fun of both sides, rather than just "dude Republicans lmao",

Written By: 2001 on 12/08/16 at 7:56 pm

Canada is safe... I think.

Even though numerically the late 2010s started back in September, for now it still feels like the mid 2010s culturally, for me.

In fact, 2016 feels like a culmination of the mid 2010s and everything leading up to this point. The backlash against political correctness and social justice was already bubbling in 2014-2015, and Trump winning was the logical conclusion to this.

Late 2010s culture probably won't that noticeable until around mid 2017. That being said, one thing I noticed is that comedy programs have started to finally go back to making fun of both sides, rather than just "dude Republicans lmao",

Conservative humour that's funny? Let's have the receipts.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/08/16 at 8:16 pm

Yeah. At least your country wouldn't have to witness all of this bullcrap America has to face for four years.  :-\\

Written By: 80sfan on 12/08/16 at 8:35 pm

Whoa! Why are you so angry? Don't blame me, I didn't vote for The Orange One!  :o  :o

Written By: 2001 on 12/08/16 at 8:37 pm

Whoa! Why are you so angry? Don't blame me, I didn't vote for The Orange One!  :o  :o

:o I wasn't angry. Just spilling the tea.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/08/16 at 8:39 pm

:o I wasn't angry. Just spilling the tea.

Ohh good! I just took a Xanax!  :-X  :-X

Written By: 80sfan on 12/08/16 at 8:43 pm

Is hate funny?

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/ann-uproxx.jpg?quality=90&w=650

Written By: 2001 on 12/08/16 at 8:45 pm

Is hate funny?

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/ann-uproxx.jpg?quality=90&w=650

I think you're supposed to laugh at her followers and not just her.

Btw, did you see her roast? It is proof of the existence of karma.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/08/16 at 8:47 pm

I think you're supposed to laugh at her followers and not just her.

Btw, did you see her roast? It is proof of the existence of karma.

She had a rough year this year. Her book didn't sell as much as it should have. Trump betrayed her by softening his stance on immigration, during the week/days of her book release. And Chelsea Handler dissed her on her talk show. And oh yeah, like you said, the brutal roast. Karma? Yes!!!

Written By: 80sfan on 12/08/16 at 8:53 pm

http://www.intoon.com/toons/2006/KeefeM20060614.jpg

Written By: Slim95 on 12/08/16 at 10:18 pm

I agree, but I prefer non political humour the most.

Written By: 2001 on 12/08/16 at 10:30 pm

I agree, but I prefer non political humour the most.

I like being smug, so this is where we diverge.

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/08/16 at 10:32 pm

What about Bill Burr?

Written By: 2001 on 12/08/16 at 10:47 pm

http://www.intoon.com/toons/2006/KeefeM20060614.jpg

I don't get it lol.

What about Bill Burr?

Hew?

http://popcrush.com/files/2015/05/mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her.gif

Brb.

Edit: err his non political stuff was okay. His political stuff kind of proves the cliché that conservatives can't be funny though. I'll let it speak for itself https://youtu.be/Vf2QShMDic4

Written By: 80sfan on 12/09/16 at 1:47 am

I like being smug, so this is where we diverge.

Diversity is.....a blessing.  :D  :D  :D

Written By: Howard on 12/09/16 at 7:17 am

I hope not.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/16 at 7:18 am

I did.

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/16 at 9:17 am

I did.

https://www.upload.ee/image/1431925/Scream.gif

Written By: Elor on 12/09/16 at 11:33 am

I did.
Didn't you say earlier that you voted for Clinton? o_O

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/09/16 at 3:32 pm

I think he wasn't sure when he voted in this year's election.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/16 at 3:33 pm

I changed my mind.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/16 at 3:35 pm

I think he wasn't sure when he voted in this year's election.

I wanted to give Trump a shot and see what he can accomplish.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/09/16 at 3:37 pm

I wanted to give Trump a shot and see what he can accomplish.

So... are you an Independent?

Written By: Howard on 12/09/16 at 3:57 pm

So... are you an Independent?

Yes.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 12/09/16 at 4:37 pm

The fact of the matter is, the US have elected a man with no political experience and someone who wants to discontinue trade agreements with other countries. I understand that people want change, but this wasn't the way to achieve that goal and in all honesty, Donald Trump being the President really isn't a good look...

Written By: mqg96 on 12/09/16 at 4:50 pm

The fact of the matter is, the US have elected a man with no political experience and someone who wants to discontinue trade agreements with other countries. I understand that people want change, but this wasn't the way to achieve that goal and in all honesty, Donald Trump being the President really isn't a good look...

Trump is the first president in U.S. history with no political experience and no military background. That was insane to me when I first found out.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/09/16 at 5:03 pm

The voters are to blame. They deserve what's coming to them for voting for Trump. I do feel sorry for the non-Trump voters though.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/09/16 at 5:18 pm

I did.

:o  :o

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/09/16 at 5:20 pm

Trump is the first president in U.S. history with no political experience and no military background. That was insane to me when I first found out.

Same with me too. I thought it was insane for the U.S. government to let a person like Donald Trump to become our president. Let alone have him become a candidate.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/09/16 at 5:23 pm

Please don't eat me!

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/16 at 6:33 pm

I'm also willing to give Trump a chance.

I think people on Facebook and Twitter should stop fear mongering constantly. Let's wait until he gets in office.

No they shouldn't.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7re0sx8Df1rtyaky.gif

We've seen his anti-science, anti-education and anti-black billionnaire cabinet picks already. People should be ringing the alarm bells.

He's not even in office, yes. Yet, he's already cutting backroom deals: he's giving a massive tax write off (which regular people like you will be footing the bill for) to Carrier, a wealthy corporation that will be shipping 1400 jobs away. An Apprentice Show "the best deals" tea.

And even though there are supporters of his who are indeed neo-Nazis and Klansmen,

Well, you already know you don't have to be a literal Nazi or a Klansman to be racist. What do you think of his appointments of Jeff Sessions and Steve B*****?

there are also millions of guys like Howard who aren't like that at all, and want to see a shakeup or change in this country after being given the middle finger by the establishment.

Well, that's something we can all agree on: there's definitely going to be a change.

So please, stop saying "All Trump supporters are inbred Hillbilly pigf*ckers" or "Racist white baby boomers are the reason Trump won" (even though about 43% of Millennials cast their vote to him, according to CNN).

Stop reading Twitter. What kind of enlightening political opinions do you expect people to express in 140 characters LOL.

But srsly tho.......... Where is the lie in those quotes? 💅 jk.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/09/16 at 6:47 pm

No they shouldn't.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7re0sx8Df1rtyaky.gif

We've seen his anti-science, anti-education and anti-black billionnaire cabinet picks already. People should be ringing the alarm bells.

He's not even in office, yes, and he's already giving a huge tax break (which you'll be paying for) to Carrier, a wealthy corporations that is shipping 1400 jobs away. An Apprentice Show "the best deals" tea.

Even though he already appointed Ben Carson, despite being the only black guy in his cabinet. Which seems sad, because he'll possibly be made fun of by Trump's other members.

Do you think you have to be a literal Nazi or Klansman to be racist? What do you think of his appointments of Jeff Sessions and Steve B*****?

Jeff Sessions isn't really a racist. In fact, most of his controversial political statements come from the LGBT movement. Steve Bartman on the other hand is one of the biggest supporters of Breitbart, along with being huge on racism and antisemitism.

Stop reading Twitter. What kind of enlightening political opinions do you expect people to express in 140 characters LOL.

People who are manipulative enough to actually follow news from the Internet, including our president-elect? lol

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/16 at 6:56 pm

Even though he already appointed Ben Carson, despite being the only black guy in his cabinet. Which seems sad, because he'll possibly be made fun of by Trump's other members.

That's another terrible pick, but his non-offensive picks don't balance out offensive ones.

Jeff Sessions isn't really a racist. In fact, most of his controversial political statements come from the LGBT movement. Steve Bartman on the other hand is one of the biggest supporters of Breitbart, along with being huge on racism and antisemitism.

Jeff Sessions is literally famous for opposing the Civil Rights movement. I don't know what he's said about LGBT but that would just be another sh*t in his trash heap.

People who are manipulative enough to actually follow news from the Internet, including our president-elect? lol

What a mess. :(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/09/16 at 7:09 pm

That's another terrible pick, but his non-offensive picks don't balance out offensive ones.

Well yeah. I mean, it's really cringeworthy to put a guy in the urban housing division of his cabinet, just because he's simply black. Which I've said a few times in my previous posts.

Jeff Sessions is literally famous for opposing the Civil Rights movement. I don't know what he's said about LGBT but that would just be another sh*t in his trash heap.

I just have to look up how he opposed the Civil Rights movement, and then I found out that his office didn't prosecute the two people who committed the lynching of Michael Donald in 1981. Meaning that this is a person who never gave one f*ck about a man who was lynched by the Ku Klux Klan.

Sessions was also criticized for joking in the presence of an attorney with the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division that the Ku Klux Klan was “OK” until he learned they smoked marijuana. During his confirmation hearing, he said his comment about the Klan “was a silly comment, I guess you might say, that I made.”

Sessions told the committee he made the joke while his office was investigating the 1981 murder of Michael Donald, a black man who was kidnapped, beaten and killed by two Klansmen who slit his throat and then hanged his body in a tree in Mobile, Alabama. The two men were later arrested and convicted.

Sessions said he never meant the joke to suggest he supported the Klan. He said the joke was intended to convey that he thought it was “bizarre” that Klansmen had smoked marijuana after one of their meetings.

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/16 at 7:37 pm

Well yeah. I mean, it's really cringeworthy to put a guy in the urban housing division of his cabinet, just because he's simply black. Which I've said a few times in my previous posts.

I just have to look up how he opposed the Civil Rights movement, and then I found out that his office didn't prosecute the two people who committed the lynching of Michael Donald in 1981. Meaning that this is a person who never gave one f*ck about a man who was lynched by the Ku Klux Klan.

I knew he made the "KKK OK" comment but I didn't know that was the context. Jeff Sessions is a classical Alabama racist as far as I'm concerned, he doesn't need to join the KKK to officialize it.

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/16 at 7:42 pm

The voters are to blame. They deserve what's coming to them for voting for Trump. I do feel sorry for the non-Trump voters though.

And that is the T.

Well said.

Let's hope he squanders his first two years with his inexperience like Obama did (though he was far more experienced). That would be a godsend.

Please don't eat me!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/09/16 at 8:01 pm

I knew he made the "KKK OK" comment but I didn't know that was the context. Jeff Sessions is a classical Alabama racist as far as I'm concerned, he doesn't need to join the KKK to officialize it.

He didn't join the KKK, but he just didn't give a crap about a lynched black guy in his home state. It seems rather sick to see something like that, tbh.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/09/16 at 10:20 pm

I flipped a coin and voted Johnson. I couldn't bring myself to vote Trump or Clinton so I chose between Johnson and Stein.

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/16 at 10:25 pm

I flipped a coin and voted Johnson. I couldn't bring myself to vote Trump or Clinton so I chose between Johnson and Stein.

Thank God you live in Cali and Howard lives in New York. This could've been catastrophic. Well, it already is but...

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/09/16 at 10:37 pm

Thank God you live in Cali and Howard lives in New York. This could've been catastrophic. Well, it already is but...

LOL I remember you said Cali didn't matter in a post loooonnnggg ago yet we're the ones who went blue. ;)

Hey, at least I didn't vote Trump! I dunno about Howard but he's usually a smart guy. I just don't know about this whole Trump idea he has...

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/16 at 11:18 pm

LOL I remember you said Cali didn't matter in a post loooonnnggg ago yet we're the ones who went blue. ;)

Hey, at least I didn't vote Trump! I dunno about Howard but he's usually a smart guy. I just don't know about this whole Trump idea he has...

That was about the primaries lol, and it's still true :P You guys go last, when the winner is already obvious ;D

I think I'm the only (((globalist banker))) neoliberal shill on this forum. Hillary was my queen.  :\'(

Written By: 80sfan on 12/09/16 at 11:23 pm

That was about the primaries lol, and it's still true :P You guys go last, when the winner is already obvious ;D

I think I'm the only (((globalist banker))) neoliberal shill on this forum. Hillary was my queen.  :\'(

Inthe00s is dominated by Democrats/Liberals.  :o

Written By: 2001 on 12/09/16 at 11:25 pm

I mean I'm the only one who liked Hillary.

Also afaik I'm the only liberal here  :o Well if by liberal you mean capitalist+social progressive. Most the leftist here seem to be social democrats. Although I guess in American politics they tend to mean the same thing.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/09/16 at 11:33 pm

and I wonder how people on here would feel if we were at a location dominated by Republicans/conservatives. See, this is why the U.S. has been more of a divided nation lately here, and it's pathetic and sad.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/09/16 at 11:36 pm

Also afaik I'm the only liberal here  :o Well if by liberal you mean capitalist+social progressive. Most the leftist here seem to be social democrats. Although I guess in American politics they tend to mean the same thing.

I'm definitely not capitalist but I'm a liberal who is also a socialist. I'm very left wing when it comes to economics and that's why I love the NDP so much.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/09/16 at 11:37 pm

Oh yes definitely. That's why I like it here.  :)

Written By: 2001 on 12/10/16 at 12:09 am

I'm definitely not capitalist but I'm a liberal who is also a socialist. I'm very left wing when it comes to economics and that's why I love the NDP so much.

Yeah there a lot of social liberals/progressives on the forum. I think to be a full fledged "liberal" though you'd have to be more centrist or maybe even centre-right on economic issues. For example, I support TPP/NAFTA/CETA/free trade in general, I don't think most leftist do ;D

I can just post my entire voting history since it's short LOL

2011 Federal: NDP. Jack Layton!!
2011 Provincial: NDP
2014 Provincial: NDP
2014 Municipal: Left wing mayor / Environmentalist city councillor / pro-transit regional councillors / anti-standardized testing and pro-extensive/anti-intensive reading school trustee (there are no parties at the municipal level here, idk about Alberta)
2015 Federal: Liberal

If all goes according to keikaku it'll be NDP at the 2018 provincial and Liberal again at the 2019 federal.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/10/16 at 12:16 am

I see!

Written By: 80sfan on 12/10/16 at 12:18 am

and I wonder how people on here would feel if we were at a location dominated by Republicans/conservatives. See, this is why the U.S. has been more of a divided nation lately here, and it's pathetic and sad.

Yup.

It's hard to be a Republican if someone is gay, and not religious.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/10/16 at 12:34 am

Yeah there a lot of social liberals/progressives on the forum. I think to be a full fledged "liberal" though you'd have to be more centrist or maybe even centre-right on economic issues. For example, I support TPP/NAFTA/CETA/free trade in general, I don't think most leftist do ;D

Well leftists are considered liberal while those on the right are more conservative in general. In general the more left you are economically, the more liberal you are. There are some exceptions to this though.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/10/16 at 12:38 am

2011 Federal: NDP. Jack Layton!!
2011 Provincial: NDP
2014 Provincial: NDP
2014 Municipal: Left wing mayor / Environmentalist city councillor / pro-transit regional councillors / anti-standardized testing and pro-extensive/anti-intensive reading school trustee (there are no parties at the municipal level here, idk about Alberta)
2015 Federal: Liberal

If all goes according to keikaku it'll be NDP at the 2018 provincial and Liberal again at the 2019 federal.

In the 2019 federal election, I am planning to vote NDP if all goes to plan. They are the left wing party this country needs. Provincially I am definitely voting NDP in 2019.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/10/16 at 12:41 am

Yup.

It's hard to be a Republican if someone is gay, and not religious.

I'm a democrat, but I don't completely consider myself a liberal. I'm a straight Christian but I hate religion. I don't consider myself conservative because conservative people can be overly religious and cause a lot of stir up instead of showing love for each other as a country..... not all of them are like this though, and liberals have their weaknesses too, being so complacent, relaxed and thinking every individual right is gonna automatically fix our country or world in a heartbeat (not!). When gay marriage was legalized last year, it played a huge role on why so many people were tired of being crucified for having their own beliefs about same sex marriage or other laws, and it caused a huge backlash which had a huge effect on the election as well.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/10/16 at 12:58 am

So you're like a semi libertarian? Liberal on social issues but more fiscally conservative? That is interesting though because you voted NDP a lot.  ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 12/10/16 at 1:00 am

I'm a democrat, but I don't completely consider myself a liberal. I'm a straight Christian but I hate religion. I don't consider myself conservative because conservative people can be overly religious and cause a lot of stir up instead of showing love for each other as a country..... not all of them are like this though, and liberals have their weaknesses too, being so complacent, relaxed and thinking every individual right is gonna automatically fix our country or world in a heartbeat (not!). When gay marriage was legalized last year, it played a huge role on why so many people were tired of being crucified for having their own beliefs about same sex marriage or other laws, and it caused a huge backlash which had a huge effect on the election as well.

The conservatives here in Canada have no problem with gay marriage or abortion. Conservatism does not equal religion here which I like, the church and the state must remain seperate.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/16 at 7:21 am

and I'm one of the voters.  :(

Written By: 80sfan on 12/10/16 at 8:33 am

No one is safe in a real life horror movie. Just kidding!  :-X  :-X

Written By: 2001 on 12/10/16 at 8:46 am

So you're like a semi libertarian? Liberal on social issues but more fiscally conservative? That is interesting though because you voted NDP a lot.  ;D

Noooo! Not libertarian. I love government ;D I simply think capitalism is the best system we have, but it's also not perfect and has inefficiencies, and that's where government comes in. But sometimes the government can over-correct and that's a problem too. I end up somewhere in the economic centre.

I vote NDP provincially. I don't know if you've heard of Kathleen Wynne but she's awful  8-P The Ontario Liberals are rotten.

I voted NDP in 2011 because I was 18 and Jack Layton promised cheap internet and cellphones, and to take on the telecoms LOL my hero!!  ;D

the church and the state must remain seperate.

Whoever first thought this saved humanity tbh

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/10/16 at 9:23 am

Well, I would've voted for Hillary if I were 18.

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/10/16 at 9:55 am

CNN/MSNBC fans on Facebook are going to scream at you for "throwing your vote away", even if you think Hillary would've been just as bad as Trump.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/10/16 at 11:47 am

CNN/MSNBC fans on Facebook are going to scream at you for "throwing your vote away", even if you think Hillary would've been just as bad as Trump.

Of course they are. They're the ones at fault, though. We had more than two candidates to vote for but they chose to follow the crowd and shout for Trump or Clinton instead of educating themselves on everyone else who was running.

Yeah, but you're Canadian so you can't even vote. :P

Written By: 2001 on 12/10/16 at 12:11 pm

I already screamed at him

And bothsiderism is a mental illness (okay, fallacious). It's one thing to think they're both bad, but both equally bad? Mama, that's garbage! Anyone who bases their vote on tangible things and not on keeping up appearances (most "independents") or a warped sense of self-authenticity (SJWs/Busters) should recognize that there were two very different visions for the country up for vote, and that one invariably  ends up being (un)preferable to the other. I can't fathom how anyone can come to the conclusion that "they're both the same", assuming the person is reasonable.

The bothsider always seems to be someone pretending to be "above it all" and taking pseudo-intellectual false equivalencies and argumentum ad temperantium (appeals to moderation/centrism for the sake of centrism) to their natural (il)logical conclusions. An "I think the Confederate flag represents hate and violence but so does rap music" tea. That may just be how a lot of people choose their vote, but that doesn't make it rational.

(Notice I didn't invoke Clinton/T***p's name, I'm speaking in general)

Voting third party is something else. Mathematically, it is "throwing your vote away" (unless Johnson got 5%), but I can't speak for anyone's individual motivations for doing that. I see it more as an equivalent to staying at home and doing nothing than outright voting for Trump.

Also you forgot the three brackets around (((CNN/MSNBC))). Lol jk.

Written By: tv on 12/11/16 at 4:36 pm

I voted for Johnson too because I can't trust Hillary and Trump's comments about Mexicans and how he treated women in the past turned me off to him and I didn't feel like his economic proposals would do little to help the American Public.

Written By: tv on 12/11/16 at 6:16 pm

Steve Bartman is the guy that interfered with a foul ball being caught by Chicago Cubs player Moses Alou in Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS that might have played a role in the Cubs not going to the World Series vs the Yankees.  You are trying to talk about Steve Bannon.

No Bannon is not an anti-Semite. "The Mainstream Media" said that Bannon called Bill Kristol(a write for the conservative magazine "The Weekly Standard") a renegade jewish person but Bannon didn't say that it was another Conservative in the media named "David Horowitz" that said that about Kristol.

Written By: tv on 12/11/16 at 6:19 pm

That's an oxymoron! Its funny!

Written By: 2001 on 12/11/16 at 6:22 pm

Steve Bartman is the guy that interfered with a foul ball being caught by Chicago Cubs player Moses Alou in Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS that might have played a role in the Cubs not going to the World Series vs the Yankees.  You are trying to talk about Steve Bannon.

No Bannon is not an anti-Semite. "The Mainstream Media" said that Bannon called Bill Kristol(a write for the conservative magazine "The Weekly Standard") a renegade jewish person but Bannon didn't say that it was another Conservative in the media named "David Horowitz" that said that about Kristol.

I'd say he is responsible for the content hosted on his website. Other news outlets don't speak of "renegade Jews", why does Breitbart? And have you looked at Breitbart? It's alt-right (neo-Nazi) through and through.

Also, in a sworn testiomny, his ex-wife claimed that Bannon said he didn't want to send his daughters to a school full of whiny Jews. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/27/trump-campaign-ceo-stephen-bannon-denies-antisemitic-remarks

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/11/16 at 6:24 pm

I voted for Johnson too because I can't trust Hillary and Trump's comments about Mexicans and how he treated women in the past turned me off to him and I didn't feel like his economic proposals would do little to help the American Public.

Yep. Trump's insane, unprofessional and disrespectful. And Hillary? She is a scandal-ridden liar and cheater. I don't trust either of them with my country. Closest thing to my own political beliefs is Libertarian but I thought I'd just flip a coin and maybe vote Stein. I got heads for Johnson anyway.

I already screamed at him

And bothsiderism is a mental illness (okay, fallacious). It's one thing to think they're both bad, but both equally bad? Mama, that's garbage! Anyone who bases their vote on tangible things and not on keeping up appearances (most "independents") or a warped sense of self-authenticity (SJWs/Busters) should recognize that there were two very different visions for the country up for vote, and that one invariably  ends up being (un)preferable to the other. I can't fathom how anyone can come to the conclusion that "they're both the same", assuming the person is reasonable.

The bothsider always seems to be someone pretending to be "above it all" and taking pseudo-intellectual false equivalencies and argumentum ad temperantium (appeals to moderation/centrism for the sake of centrism) to their natural (il)logical conclusions. An "I think the Confederate flag represents hate and violence but so does rap music" tea. That may just be how a lot of people choose their vote, but that doesn't make it rational.

(Notice I didn't invoke Clinton/T***p's name, I'm speaking in general)

Voting third party is something else. Mathematically, it is "throwing your vote away" (unless Johnson got 5%), but I can't speak for anyone's individual motivations for doing that. I see it more as an equivalent to staying at home and doing nothing than outright voting for Trump.

Also you forgot the three brackets around (((CNN/MSNBC))). Lol jk.

I dunno what "bothsiderism" is but I strongly disagree. The American public needs to stop buying into the whole "there are only two parties to vote for" BS and start educating themselves on all the candidates. If I gave in and just voted Trump/Clinton then I'd be a part of the problem. I discussed this with my friends and family; most of us agreed and decided to vote for a third party and it's about time the rest of the country does the same.

Written By: tv on 12/11/16 at 6:30 pm

Yes.
Do you like DeBlasio? Just wondering....

Written By: tv on 12/11/16 at 6:36 pm

No Trump is not gonna execute "Drug Dealers" like Duterte is.

Written By: tv on 12/11/16 at 6:43 pm

I'd say he is responsible for the content hosted on his website. Other news outlets don't speak of "renegade Jews", why does Breitbart? And have you looked at Breitbart? It's alt-right (neo-Nazi) through and through.

Also, in a sworn testiomny, his ex-wife claimed that Bannon said he didn't want to send his daughters to a school full of whiny Jews. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/27/trump-campaign-ceo-stephen-bannon-denies-antisemitic-remarks
Sure he is responsible for the content on his website. So "David Horowitz" is on Breitbart's website? I didn't know he was and no I maybe went to "Brietbart's" website a few times but not since Andrew Brietbart's death which was a few years ago.

I didn't know about the court case.

Written By: tv on 12/11/16 at 6:50 pm

She had a rough year this year. Her book didn't sell as much as it should have. Trump betrayed her by softening his stance on immigration, during the week/days of her book release. And Chelsea Handler dissed her on her talk show. And oh yeah, like you said, the brutal roast. Karma? Yes!!!
She really got on my nerves after she talked about Latinos like they are second class citizens in a forum with Ben Shapiro on C-Span last year. I just her tuned out after that. She is so obsessive with the issue of illegal immigration its like she keeps on talking about the same issue over and over again.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/11/16 at 7:30 pm

She really got on my nerves after she talked about Latinos like they are second class citizens in a forum with Ben Shapiro on C-Span last year. I just her tuned out after that. She is so obsessive with the issue of illegal immigration its like she keeps on talking about the same issue over and over again.

Her peak was around 2002 to 2007. It was downhill from there.

Her humor and satire is too severe and extreme. I even cringe at some of the things she said!  8-P  8-P

Written By: 2001 on 12/11/16 at 7:59 pm

Yep. Trump's insane, unprofessional and disrespectful. And Hillary? She is a scandal-ridden liar and cheater. I don't trust either of them with my country. Closest thing to my own political beliefs is Libertarian but I thought I'd just flip a coin and maybe vote Stein. I got heads for Johnson anyway.

The fact you gave Stain the time of day but not the real queen

I dunno what "bothsiderism" is but I strongly disagree. The American public needs to stop buying into the whole "there are only two parties to vote for" BS and start educating themselves on all the candidates. If I gave in and just voted Trump/Clinton then I'd be a part of the problem. I discussed this with my friends and family; most of us agreed and decided to vote for a third party and it's about time the rest of the country does the same.

You do realize that the electoral system is based on there being only two parties, right? If any candidate fails to get 270 electoral votes (a likely possibility once you throw a third party into the mix), then the decision goes to the House regardless of who got the most votes. Assuming that even Johnson did get a lot of people to vote for him, if he fails to get to 270 with Clinton/Trump still in the mix, then the Republican House would just elect Trump, even if Johnson had the most votes.  :o

You're still entitled to vote Johnson, but your electoral system isn't exactly designed to support third parties.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/11/16 at 8:03 pm

The fact you gave Stain the time of day but not the real queen

Jill Stein is wayyyyy better than Hilary Clinton.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/11/16 at 8:07 pm

I thought that moon boots were 'edgy', but it seems that the far right crowd wanted a stretchier, wider, girth, around my ankles.  :(

Written By: 2001 on 12/11/16 at 8:09 pm

Jill Stein is wayyyyy better than Hilary Clinton.

I disagree, and if Jordan's libertarian he should disagree too, lol.

Even as a leftist, she's very anti-science, calling for the end of using nuclear energy and leading credence to the view that vaccines cause autism.

Her peak was around 2002 to 2007. It was downhill from there.

Her humor and satire is too severe and extreme. I even cringe at some of the things she said!  8-P  8-P

She was relevant before this election? God damn, what was I doing right pre-2016 so I don't hear about her.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/11/16 at 8:13 pm

Look everyone, it's Jill Stein!  ;D  ;D

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNZA1h_EvqWA9Ui9C9km7IpPQPJBM6SNX3BpqyO-QKzuBRYSs6

Written By: 80sfan on 12/11/16 at 8:16 pm

I disagree, and if Jordan's libertarian he should disagree too, lol.

She was relevant before this election? God damn, what was I doing right pre-2016 so I don't hear about her.

She's still somewhat relevant, unfortunately!  :P

Written By: Slim95 on 12/11/16 at 8:24 pm

If I were American I would have voted for Jill Stein.

Written By: 2001 on 12/11/16 at 8:29 pm

If I were American I would have voted for Jill Stein.

Didn't you vote Liberal in 2015? What's the difference between strategically voting Liberal and strategically voting Democrat?

Trudeau supported TPP and CETA too lol, and Clinton didn't at least in her campaign. And Trudeau wanted to maintain the federal minimum wage which is set by the provinces, in Ottawa that's CA$11.50 (US$8.76). Clinton wants a US$12 minimum wage. Clinton wanted to make university debt-free too, I don't remember Trudeau saying anything about that. Damn, now that I think about it, Clinton is to the left of Trudeau on economics ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/11/16 at 8:43 pm

Oh.  :-[

It makes me wonder why I obsess over baseball so damn much.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/11/16 at 9:00 pm

Didn't you vote Liberal in 2015? What's the difference between strategically voting Liberal and strategically voting Democrat?

Trudeau supported TPP and CETA too lol, and Clinton didn't at least in her campaign. And Trudeau wanted to maintain the federal minimum wage which is set by the provinces, in Ottawa that's CA$11.50 (US$8.76). Clinton wants a US$12 minimum wage. Clinton wanted to make university debt-free too, I don't remember Trudeau saying anything about that. Damn, now that I think about it, Clinton is to the left of Trudeau on economics ;D

I only voted liberal to stop Harper. I actually don't agree with many of Trudeau'spolicies such as keeping C-51. They were higher in the polls but otherwise I would have voted for Mulcair as planned. Anyway there is a huge difference between Trudeau and Clinton. Canadian and American politics are different. If I lived in the U.S., the only sane party through my eyes is the green party. Hilary Clinton is way more right wing than Trudeau in all ways. Most of the U.S. politicians in the establishment are. Clinton says those things but it doesn't mean she would do them. She is very corrupt and does a lot of bad things behind closed doors.

Written By: 2001 on 12/11/16 at 9:10 pm

I only voted liberal to stop Harper. I actually don't agree with many of Trudeau'spolicies such as keeping C-51. They were higher in the polls but otherwise I would have voted for Mulcair as planned.

Clinton was the only one who could beat Trump too, which is why I invoked the comparison.

Anyway there is a huge difference between Trudeau and Clinton. Canadian and American politics are different. If I lived in the U.S., the only sane party through my eyes is the green party. Hilary Clinton is way more right wing than Trudeau in all ways. Most of the U.S. politicians in the establishment are. Clinton says those things but it doesn't mean she would do them. She is very corrupt and does a lot of bad things behind closed doors.

I only see Clinton being to the right on social and environmental policies, but that's largely to do with the US being way to the right on those things in general rather than just Clinton. Economically, now that I'm thinking about it more and more, Clinton is to the left of Trudeau. Clinton has been liberal in the past too, so I'm not sure why she'd all of a sudden tack to the right. Her stimulus package would have been much larger than Trudeau's, and she was going to put a higher tax increase on the wealthy and corporations. Trudeau increased taxes on the rich, but he's going to be cutting corporate taxes.

How is Clinton "corrupt" but Trudeau not, by the same standards? I see people pointing to Hillary's speeches to banks, but Trudeau did the same thing. :o

Also, I'm not sure Jill Stein would avoid doing "deals behind closed doors" if she was in any actual power position, which she never has been.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/11/16 at 9:30 pm

Clinton was the only one who could beat Trump too, which is why I invoked the comparison.

I only see Clinton being to the right on social and environmental policies, but that's largely to do with the US being way to the right on those things in general rather than just Clinton. Economically, now that I'm thinking about it more and more, Clinton is to the left of Trudeau. Clinton has been liberal in the past too, so I'm not sure why she'd all of a sudden tack to the right. Her stimulus package would have been much larger than Trudeau's, and she was going to put a higher tax increase on the wealthy and corporations. Trudeau increased taxes on the rich, but he's going to be cutting corporate taxes.

How is Clinton "corrupt" but Trudeau not, by the same standards? I see people pointing to Hillary's speeches to banks, but Trudeau did the same thing. :o

Also, I'm not sure Jill Stein would avoid doing "deals behind closed doors" if she was in any actual power position, which she never has been.

She is not to the left of Trudeau. Much further right and she is very corrupt. I do agree many politicians in the U.S. are corrupt though. But she is definitely dishonest  and shady, the entire Clinton organization is. I would not vote for her to stop Trump because she is bad as well (Trudeau is nowhere near as bad as her so I voted for him, even though I would have voted for Mulcair if the polls weren't so high on the liberal side). Now is she as bad as Trump? No, I believe the U.S. would be better off with her than Trump. But I would not vote for her personally as I don't trust her. Like I said I would rather vote for Jill Stein than the democrats.

Written By: 2001 on 12/11/16 at 10:50 pm

She is not to the left of Trudeau. Much further right and she is very corrupt. I do agree many politicians in the U.S. are corrupt though. But she is definitely dishonest  and shady, the entire Clinton organization is. I would not vote for her to stop Trump because she is bad as well (Trudeau is nowhere near as bad as her so I voted for him, even though I would have voted for Mulcair if the polls weren't so high on the liberal side). Now is she as bad as Trump? No, I believe the U.S. would be better off with her than Trump. But I would not vote for her personally as I don't trust her. Like I said I would rather vote for Jill Stein than the democrats.

But... I gave many examples of where she's to the left of Trudeau. Although, there are a lot of examples one can conjure for him being more left-wing, I think if we focus on economics in particular, Clinton truly comes out ahead.

And... I still don't understand how Clinton is shadier than Trudeau. :o

At least we agree she is better than Tramp though. ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 12/11/16 at 11:01 pm

But... I gave many examples of where she's to the left of Trudeau. Although, there are a lot of examples one can conjure for him being more left-wing, I think if we focus on economics in particular, Clinton truly comes out ahead.

And... I still don't understand how Clinton is shadier than Trudeau. :o

At least we agree she is better than Tramp though. ;D

She says those things but doesn't mean she will do them. Trudeau is actually elected and that was only her campaign. She would govern way further to the right if she actually won. And the tax structure Trudeau has in place is way more progressive than Obama's (which is what Clinton would have kept most likely if elected). Reducing corporate taxes isn't exactly a determining factor, but last I heard is that he won't touch corporate taxes. You can read how she is more corrupt than Trudeau online. A lot of fishy things happened with her and the Clinton organization. She was actually in on a lot of wars that occured. Again, if it was between her and Trump, I would definitely rather have her. But I'm just not a big fan, that's fine if you are.

And I must say that there are many U.S. politicians (even on the democrat side) who are just as bad as her or worse. So I also don't agree with the notion from the U.S. that she's the worst criminal ever and America would fall apart if she was elected. That is ridiculous and it seems most of the sexist right wingers and Trump supporters say this.

Written By: Howard on 12/12/16 at 7:21 am

He's alright, I guess.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/12/16 at 10:20 am

I know this question is more for Howard, but I think De Blasio is slightly better than Bloomberg.

Check for new replies or respond here...