inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: PewDiePie might shut down his Youtube channel

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/06/16 at 10:44 am

There might be a chance that PewDiePie could delete his Youtube account permanently for good, due to Youtube's bullsh*t. This could be a sign that the site is really going down the drain with its reputation.

Source:
0XQiVEYOctc

Subject: Re: PewDiePie might shut down his Youtube channel

Written By: ArcticFox on 12/06/16 at 11:02 am

I used to like him a few years ago during the slender man fad, but his reactions quickly got old for me. How do you feel about this?

Written By: 2001 on 12/06/16 at 1:04 pm

I don't care about Pewdiepie but I hate it when people keep hating on him and keep hate-watching him, so two birds one stone I guess.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/06/16 at 4:07 pm

I used to like him a few years ago during the slender man fad, but his reactions quickly got old for me. How do you feel about this?

I didn't really care for him, even when I was fascinated with creepypastas in 8th/9th grade. Hell, I never even he existed until 2014. He just seems like one of the only YouTubers that Google pays attention with, while the smaller channels don't get enough reputation.

Written By: annimal on 12/06/16 at 4:15 pm

I never new the guy, but I do know that If I put videos on Youtube some day, I have no idea how anyone would find them in a search. 

Written By: 80sfan on 12/06/16 at 4:15 pm

http://assets.bonappetit.com/photos/57b26988319a58275764d88e/master/w_680,h_454,c_limit/five-spice-apple-pie.jpg

The only pie that matters.

Great for him for making it on Youtube though. It's not that easy to get views!

Written By: annimal on 12/06/16 at 4:18 pm

I'm getting hungry again

Written By: 80sfan on 12/06/16 at 4:22 pm

I'm getting hungry again

Uh oh!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/06/16 at 4:24 pm

http://assets.bonappetit.com/photos/57b26988319a58275764d88e/master/w_680,h_454,c_limit/five-spice-apple-pie.jpg

The only pie that matters.

Great for him for making it on Youtube though. It's not that easy to get views!

Except that PewDiePie is basically the most popular YouTuber there. He has almost 50 million subscribers, while having over 13 billion total upload views. It's not that easy getting that much, especially when he gets a lot of fame from Google and YouTube.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/06/16 at 4:29 pm

Except that PewDiePie is basically the most popular YouTuber there. He has almost 50 million subscribers, while having over 13 billion total upload views. It's not that easy getting that much, especially when he gets a lot of fame from Google and YouTube.

I've heard of him before and I'm the most sheltered person there is! I'm not surprised he's popular.

Written By: annimal on 12/06/16 at 4:37 pm

Uh oh!

that's right buddy

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/06/16 at 4:41 pm

I believe it's because he made videos criticizing refugees and also called his countrymen "cucks". :P

He did that?! Damn. I thought it was because of YouTube's bullcrap with accurate views and subscriber counts, that he would delete his YouTube channel for good. Even though for him, it's basically drastic, since that's how he gets money for a living. If I were him, I would rather protest and try to have YouTube negotiate with their sponsors.

Written By: 2001 on 12/06/16 at 5:26 pm

I believe it's because he made videos criticizing refugees and also called his countrymen "cucks". :P

Eek that sounds like a trainwreck, but I can't find anything about it on Google.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/06/16 at 5:37 pm

Eek that sounds like a trainwreck, but I can't find anything about it on Google.
[/quote

I think that's a rumor. If that's true, then everyone on YouTube would freak out about it and I would've known already.

Written By: 2001 on 12/06/16 at 5:58 pm

I think that's a rumor. If that's true, then everyone on YouTube would freak out about it and I would've known already.

Not 4chan alt-er-reality striking again http://i.imgur.com/OJI8q.gif

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/06/16 at 8:14 pm

Not 4chan alt-er-reality striking again http://i.imgur.com/OJI8q.gif

I don't think 4chan gives a sheesh about a dumbass YouTuber (no offense) who does nothing more than make pointless gaming videos.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/06/16 at 8:22 pm

I don't watch his videos and all, but damn this is crazy. Just looking the comments about refugees, I think it's because he's English/British and the majority of them have been immigrating to the European countries for a while with a minority bombing cities and other people.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 12/06/16 at 8:51 pm

This must be a Gen Z thing because, even though I go on YouTube at least once every day, I have never in my life watched a single one of this dude's videos, nor do I know anyone that has, yet he somehow has millions of subscribers. ???

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/06/16 at 8:58 pm

I don't watch his videos and all, but damn this is crazy. Just looking the comments about refugees, I think it's because he's English/British and the majority of them have been immigrating to the European countries for a while with a minority bombing cities and other people.

He's actually Swedish. But he speaks fluent English for some reason, while saying some stuff in Swedish with his videos.

This must be a Gen Z thing because, even though I go on YouTube at least once every day, I have never in my life watched a single one of this dude's videos, nor do I know anyone that has, yet he somehow has millions of subscribers. ???

I never even watched any of his videos. But I only made this thread because it shows that YouTube might dying with PewDiePie protesting against them, by closing down his channel.

Written By: 2001 on 12/06/16 at 9:04 pm

He's actually Swedish. But he speaks fluent English for some reason, while saying some stuff in Swedish with his videos.

Almost every Swede speaks English! I learnt a bit of Swedish when I was a teenager (metalhead http://i.imgur.com/OJI8q.gif). Swedish is very similar to English, since they're both Germanic languages.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/06/16 at 9:08 pm

Almost every Swede speaks English! I learnt a bit of Swedish when I was a teenager (metalhead http://i.imgur.com/OJI8q.gif). Swedish is very similar to English, since they're both Germanic languages.

I'm a metalhead as well, but I mostly listened to American and European heavy metal. Although, I never listened to a lot of Swedish bands.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/07/16 at 7:46 am

Yeah definitely

Maybe you don't watch Youtube that often (luckily).

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/08/16 at 5:51 am

I watch YouTube, but I'm not familiar with a lot of the "celebrities", who seem to be targeted at a teen audience and are mostly known for cheap, lowest common denominator content

Well, PewdiePie mostly has little kids and preteens as his fanbase. No joke.

Written By: Arrowstone on 12/09/16 at 6:51 am

His choice. But he is famous by using the medium of youtube. He is a user of the company, so he can't ignore them.
If he wants total freedom, ok, then set up your own video uploading thing.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/09/16 at 6:54 am

His choice. But he is famous by using the medium of youtube. He is a user of the company, so he can't ignore them.
If he wants total freedom, ok, then set up your own video uploading thing.

I'm not sure if the most subscribed person on Youtube would make his own video streaming site. Even if he did, it would most likely be towards gaming.

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/10/16 at 8:01 pm

He deleted his smaller channel, of course.

Nobody would throw away their career just like that.

Written By: 2001 on 12/10/16 at 9:19 pm

F*ck. Not only are his h8ers smugly satisfied, but he's still on YouTube fuelling h8ers. Mess! This is the opposite of two birds one stone, this is two stones one bird, and the bird is me! Mess MESS!

Can we all agree to stop hating random celebrities just because we're jealous that they're popular? #PromoteOnlineKindness #MelaniaForFirstLady

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/10/16 at 9:24 pm

Well, it's not like he wants to make a lot of videos anymore. It's pretty sad that even YouTube's most successful contributor doesn't even like what they're doing. It's just going for a dark age that YouTube would be going for in the near future.

Written By: aja675 on 12/13/16 at 1:30 am

I had a Finland obsession in late 2008-early 2009, and while I don't have a third language, my stock knowledge of Finnish is pretty good and I could still remember most of the lyrics of this song: XOT4BGgktAc

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/13/16 at 8:31 pm

Well he trolled us! Turns out it was joke and we fell for it.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/13/16 at 8:47 pm

Well he trolled us! Turns out it was joke and we fell for it.

So, he joked about deleting his channel for sh*ts and giggles? Great, now YouTube would go through an amount of decay for a long time.  >:(

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/13/16 at 8:57 pm

So, he joked about deleting his channel for sh*ts and giggles? Great, now YouTube would go through an amount of decay for a long time.  >:(
Yep

http://www.shacknews.com/article/98086/pewdiepie-didnt-delete-his-channel-after-reaching-50-million-subscribers

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/13/16 at 9:47 pm

Yep

http://www.shacknews.com/article/98086/pewdiepie-didnt-delete-his-channel-after-reaching-50-million-subscribers

It's a good thing I don't subscribe to a lot of gaming channels, since it would make it worse.

Written By: 2001 on 12/13/16 at 10:05 pm

Yep

GODTube wins again. He played himself. No way any one temper tantrum was going to change anything. And now all the million h8ers who still use the site 3-5 hours a day and watch all of PewDiePie's videos will continue to have meltdowns over every little change. I should learn to enjoy it. GODTube continues to slay all pretenders and remains unbothered. A Kim Kardashian tea.

http://i.imgur.com/18v3uHz.gif

Written By: 2001 on 12/13/16 at 10:09 pm

I had a Finland obsession in late 2008-early 2009, and while I don't have a third language, my stock knowledge of Finnish is pretty good and I could still remember most of the lyrics of this song: XOT4BGgktAc

What about

4om1rQKPijI

Check for new replies or respond here...