inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2016: A terrible year!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/27/16 at 12:44 pm

I understand that this might be an opinion, but honestly this year was awful in general. Too many celebrity deaths. Too many unnecessary attacks and police shootings. The outcome of this election. There was nothing positive aside from a few movies and TV shows.

Subject: Re: 2016: A terrible year!

Written By: Ripley on 12/27/16 at 12:46 pm

I understand that this might be an opinion, but honestly this year was awful in general. Too many celebrity deaths. Too many unnecessary attacks and police shootings. The outcome of this election. There was nothing positive aside from a few movies and TV shows.

Everything has been so messed up!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/27/16 at 12:51 pm

I agree so much! I'm hoping this upcoming year will be much better, but because of the circumstances, I'm not even sure yet.

Written By: annimal on 12/27/16 at 12:54 pm

I haven't seen anything good in this year. 

Written By: mqg96 on 12/27/16 at 12:54 pm

George Michael's death and Carrie Fisher's (Princess Leia) death to close out the year sums up how this year has gone in a nutshell when it comes to major celebrity deaths and sports icon deaths too.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/27/16 at 1:16 pm

This decade has been really sucky but so far 2016 really tops it off! What a horrible year.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/27/16 at 1:19 pm

As much as I hate this decade so much, 2016 is like being a Hiroshima survivor. Before this year occurred, I thought 2012 was basically the worst. While I am doing good in my personal life, it's barely enjoyable with all the pop culture going on. I feel like if I have to enjoy something, it would most likely be dead by the next month or so. Vine is a really big example on that.

This decade has been really sucky but so far 2016 really tops it off! What a horrible year.

The 2000s were way better. Even with George W. Bush as our president.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/27/16 at 1:20 pm

The 2000s were way better. Even with George W. Bush as our president.

Last decade was awful too but at least it started with 3 good years.

The 80's and 90's are the real GOAT. They will be missed. :\'(

Written By: #Infinity on 12/27/16 at 1:30 pm

Even though 2016 was the best year of my personal life since 2011, it's undoubtedly the worst year for world events in several decades. Not since at least 1968 has there been so much violence, so much crushed hope, so much polarization, and so much else gone wrong during the course of a single year.

Where do I even begin? I'm forced to write up a list of horrible things about this year.

* Music was no less underwhelming than it was during the rest of the mid-2010s.
* Cinema was remarkably subpar outside of animated kid flicks.
* New technology like augmented reality games and VR headsets were little more than teases, at least for the time being.
* Apple removed the headphone ports on their new line of iPhones because they want to be "cutting edge."
* Brexit passed.
* Donald Trump was fraudulently elected 45th President of the United States.
* A 6-year-old kid could have proposed a better cabinet than he did.
* Hate crimes and bigotry are on the rise.
* The European immigration crisis is now so out of control that it's pretty much become a battleground.
* Natural disasters have continued to strike terror.
* Celebrity deaths were possibly more overwhelming than any other year in history.
* SJW's are more PC than ever and the Alt-Right is more arrogantly malicious than ever.

1968 at least had good music, revolutionary sci-fi films, and great fashion. 2016, on the other hand, pretty much summed up everything awful about this decade thus far.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/27/16 at 1:31 pm

Last decade was awful too but at least it started with 3 good years.

The 80's and 90's are the real GOAT. They will be missed. :\'(

The early and mid 2000s were the real GOAT. They defined the 21st century greatly, and people didn't realize that (at least for the early 2000s part).

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/27/16 at 1:37 pm

The early and mid 2000s were the real GOAT. They defined the 21st century greatly, and people didn't realize that (at least for the early 2000s part).

And most of the 21st century hasn't been very good anyway. I'm more into the late 20th century.

Even though 2016 was the best year of my personal life since 2011, it's undoubtedly the worst year for world events in several decades. Not since at least 1968 has there been so much violence, so much crushed hope, so much polarization, and so much else gone wrong during the course of a single year.

Where do I even begin? I'm forced to write up a list of horrible things about this year.

* New technology like augmented reality games and VR headsets were little more than teases, at least for the time being.
* Apple removed the headphone ports on their new line of iPhones because they want to be "cutting edge."
* Brexit passed.
* The European immigration crisis is now so out of control that it's pretty much become a battleground.
* Celebrity deaths were possibly more overwhelming than any other year in history.
* SJW's are more PC than ever and the Alt-Right is more arrogantly malicious than ever.

1968 at least had good music, revolutionary sci-fi films, and great fashion. 2016, on the other hand, pretty much summed up everything awful about this decade thus far.

It's such a big mess. I think I can speak for most people on this board when I say this is the worst political era we've seen in our lifetimes so far.

Written By: #Infinity on 12/27/16 at 1:43 pm

Oh yeah, there was also YouTube's copyright law changes coming into haunting effect (i.e., demonetization), plus the fact that Putin's Russia is on its way to becoming far too powerful.

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/27/16 at 1:47 pm

2016 is an otherworldly year.

David Bowie, Gene Wilder, Leonard Cohen, Alan Rickman, Prince, George Michael, Muhammad Ali, Fidel Castro, Carrie Fisher, and many others have died.

M. Night Shamylan has released a new movie that has a 93% on Rotten Tomatoes.

For the first time, the media discussed Internet memes like Pepe the Frog during the election, when this was practically unheard of during the 2012 election.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/27/16 at 1:59 pm

George Michael's death and Carrie Fisher's (Princess Leia) death to close out the year sums up how this year has gone in a nutshell when it comes to major celebrity deaths and sports icon deaths too.

It's a sign from God.  :o

Written By: bchris02 on 12/27/16 at 2:06 pm

* Brexit passed.

I completely agree with this.

2016 has been better than 2013 or 2014 in my personal life, but it has still not been a good year.  It just seems better in comparison to 2013 and 2014.

In terms of music, 2016 has had some good songs but for the most part it's simply been a continuation of awful mid '10s EDM-teen pop.  I agree with you that at least 1968 brought us some of the best music ever recorded, despite the fact that it seemed like the world was going to hell in a handbasket then.  I wish pop culture would start to reflect the angst of our time again instead of being the manufactured "safe" crap like Ariana Grande.

I am thankful I got to enjoy two good years at the start of this decade (2010 and 2011).  I don't see myself returning to the level of fulfillment and happiness I had during those years any time soon.  I look back at my life in 2011 and that just seems impossible today.

I think we are in for a rocky ride over the next four years.  It's very possible a global war and a recession could become the vomit icing on the turd cake that is the 2010s.

Written By: annimal on 12/27/16 at 2:15 pm

from what I'm reading as far as music,  I should be thankful that I've gone deaf

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/27/16 at 2:17 pm

And most of the 21st century hasn't been very good anyway. I'm more into the late 20th century.

I'm mostly into the 80s and 90s, if we're talking about the 20th century. But I would rather go for the 2000s personally.

Most music from this decade was rather trash and made everyone polarized, in my opinion. I don't even know about the mid 2010s, since they're rather different from the early 2010s.

Uhhh.. I don't know about any movie in this year. Sure, there are a few good ones like The Conjuring 2, but most movies today are either reboots or terribly overrated sequels of existing franchises.

They're really fake. What else can anyone tell you?

In all honesty, I thought Apple would might be okay when Tim Cook was their new CEO. But after they didn't pay attention towards their iMacs, then I really got pissed with them. That's with Tim Cook. A crooked son of a bitch, who thinks that his company should be on the cutting edge, just because his company is making millions. Every time I see somebody mention the iPhone 7, I just imagine Steve Jobs rolling in his grave.

* Brexit passed.

Which is the British version of electing Donald Trump as president, except it doesn't involve leaving a certain union.

The American version of Brexit.

Yeah. I could see them being more educated than Trump. At least if someone simplifies their position for them.

Yeah... I can't deny this. It's frightening to see that neo-Nazis and other white nationalists see this as a good thing, even though they see racial segregation as a way to "rejuvenate" the Western world.  :-\\

This is what made 2016 look like a pile of crap. All because Europe (especially Germany) didn't see of how there were too many Middle Eastern refugees (mostly from Syria) that could be a threat to them. Now thanks to that, it made white nationalists more loyal to anything in the political world nowadays.

If it's natural, I'm pretty sure it's rather typical to see something like that.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbnnza7zod1rqql3po1_400.gif

Written By: 80sfan on 12/27/16 at 2:18 pm

2016 has been better than 2013 or 2014 in my personal life, but it has still not been a good year.  It just seems better in comparison to 2013 and 2014.

In terms of music, 2016 has had some good songs but for the most part it's simply been a continuation of awful mid '10s EDM-teen pop.  I agree with you that at least 1968 brought us some of the best music ever recorded, despite the fact that it seemed like the world was going to hell in a handbasket then.  I wish pop culture would start to reflect the angst of our time again instead of being the manufactured "safe" crap like Ariana Grande.

I am thankful I got to enjoy two good years at the start of this decade (2010 and 2011).  I don't see myself returning to the level of fulfillment and happiness I had during those years any time soon.  I look back at my life in 2011 and that just seems impossible today.

I think we are in for a rocky ride over the next four years.  It's very possible a global war and a recession could become the vomit icing on the turd cake that is the 2010s.

This.

Trump truly scares me.

Written By: bchris02 on 12/27/16 at 2:21 pm

Bad thing is, there is no hope of things improving.

Conservatives will never accept that white fundamentalist Christians no longer dominate the culture in America.  However, the genie is out of the bottle now and its not going back in.  Any attempt to force it is only going to spark further tension and unrest.

My one hope is that we can make it through these next four years without nuclear weapons being used.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/27/16 at 2:37 pm

It's a sign from God.  :o

... No it's not. Having celebrities dying is a sign of psychosis, since we're already going through so much. Even though you were joking.

Conservatives will never accept that white fundamentalist Christians no longer dominate the culture in America.  However, the genie is out of the bottle now and its not going back in.  Any attempt to force it is only going to spark further tension and unrest.

Not all conservatives are extremely religious, but for the fact that they're dumb enough to enact Trump as the Republican candidate makes me feel sad for America in general.  :\'(

My one hope is that we can make it through these next four years without nuclear weapons being used.

Let's just hope somebody doesn't have him pushing all the buttons that send nukes.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/16 at 2:39 pm

2016 was a messed up year.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/27/16 at 2:39 pm

... No it's not. Having celebrities dying is a sign of psychosis, since we're already going through so much. Even though you were joking.

Not all conservatives are extremely religious, but for the fact that they're dumb enough to enact Trump as the Republican candidate makes me feel sad for America in general.  :\'(

Let's just hope somebody doesn't have him pushing all the buttons that send nukes.

I wasn't joking. I believe hard times are ahead.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/27/16 at 2:40 pm

from what I'm reading as far as music,  I should be thankful that I've gone deaf

Music has gone really down the past 15 years, or so.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/16 at 2:40 pm

We got another few more days before they close out 2016.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/27/16 at 2:47 pm

I wasn't joking. I believe hard times are ahead.

Wow. That's the first serious post that I've ever replied from you. But still, having people dying (especially celebrities) is rather natural, even if they have terrible illnesses or organ failures.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/27/16 at 2:48 pm

Britney Spears was great throughout the entire 2000s, and she started to get popular between 1999 to 2001.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/27/16 at 4:19 pm

Personally, this has been a good year. Nationally/globally, it really has been a VERY sucky year!

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/27/16 at 4:47 pm

Personally, this has been a good year. Nationally/globally, it really has been a VERY sucky year!

Cat

I think maybe we isolated ourselves from the election, that it made our personal lives better at least.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 12/27/16 at 6:10 pm

I'm just hoping that another 9/11 doesn't occur in the next few years.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/27/16 at 6:19 pm

We haven't had an attack similar to 9/11 for over 15 years.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/16 at 7:42 pm

I echo some others thought in that personally in retrospect 2016 really wasn't that bad. I reunited with much of my family this year which was a great thing. I was able to buy a new car which I'm thankful for. When it comes to world events and politics obviously it was awful. Many legendary celebrities died this year, many of them far too early too. The political environment completely boiled over and is as toxic as ever with the hatred between the left and right rising ever more. The next few years will undoubtedly be difficult politically as the fight against ISIS continues, Trump assumes the US Presidency and the UK leaves the EU. I went to midnight mass on Christmas and truly prayed for the world more than anything because these are trying times and things could get very ugly.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/27/16 at 7:57 pm

In addition to all the celebrity deaths, I've had 3 deaths in my family this year, and two of them has been in the same week.

I feel the same way. I don't know which is worse: how f***ed up 2016 was, or how it was still one of my better years of my life recently. Late 2013 and 2014 were horrible years for me personally and do not have a lot of good memories. The first half of 2016 had a lot of great memories. I did a lot of traveling and things at work were going better. September and November was when the DITF's happened.

I am not optimistic that 2017 is going to better. I know work wise it will be miserable. I think in our society and culture it's going to get worse before it gets better (maybe 2020 will be the first good year we've had in awhile). It's not necessary because of Trump. It was 8 years of Obama's failing policies that got us to where we are now, and caused the social issues such as race wars and overly PC SJW's vs. the Alt Right, which is why the elections were polarized extremes. 2016 was the boiling point of the heat that got turned on in late 2012, and really started to heat up in 2014.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/16 at 8:11 pm

In addition to all the celebrity deaths, I've had 3 deaths in my family this year, and two of them has been in the same week.

I feel the same way. I don't know which is worse: how f***ed up 2016 was, or how it was still one of my better years of my life recently. Late 2013 and 2014 were horrible years for me personally and do not have a lot of good memories. The first half of 2016 had a lot of great memories. I did a lot of traveling and things at work were going better. September and November was when the DITF's happened.

I am not optimistic that 2017 is going to better. I know work wise it will be miserable. I think in our society and culture it's going to get worse before it gets better (maybe 2020 will be the first good year we've had in awhile). It's not necessary because of Trump. It was 8 years of Obama's failing policies that got us to where we are now, and caused the social issues such as race wars and overly PC SJW's vs. the Alt Right, which is why the elections were polarized extremes. 2016 was the boiling point of the heat that got turned on in late 2012, and really started to heat up in 2014.

Yeah the whole Trump thing is multi dimensional. First of all honestly I think most Trump voters are not really racist nazis like the left likes to cast them, they're just angry at the current situation and Trump was the ultimate vote against the system in their eyes. I almost did it but I know this guy is a con man and ultimately refused to vote for him despite frustration with the left and media. Trump isn't stupid, he's an egomaniac and he knew exactly what he was doing, he knew the more controversy he generated it would get him more attention and more people wanting to buck the system by casting a Trump vote. I think he only ran for more publicity and the title of President so he can stroke his ego, to him it's like a trophy, but he's probably going to regret taking this job once he gets in there. The President is always the fall man for everything that goes wrong and now everything will blamed on Trump and he hates any and all criticism.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/16 at 8:28 pm

2016 sucks but it's not as bad as 2012 and 2011.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/27/16 at 8:36 pm

2016 sucks but it's not as bad as 2012 and 2011.

Not really. At least 2012 didn't have a crap ton of shootings, celebrity deaths, and a bunch of other disturbing stuff. I only hated 2012 because of my personal life, especially when I despised my autism diagnosis and thought it ruined my life.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/16 at 8:38 pm

Not really. At least 2012 didn't have a crap ton of shootings, celebrity deaths, and a bunch of other disturbing stuff. I only hated 2012 because of my personal life, especially when I despised my autism diagnosis and thought it ruined my life.

Nah man 2012 was the worst year. Even 2016 was better.

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/16 at 8:38 pm

Look at the bright side: at least it won't be as bad as 2017!

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/16 at 8:42 pm

Look at the bright side: at least it won't be as bad as 2017!

Why would 2017 be worse?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/27/16 at 8:46 pm

Nah man 2012 was the worst year. Even 2016 was better. The year 2010 was only slightly better better than 2016. But 2016 was far worse than 2013-2015 for sure.

What kind of stuff made 2016 better than 2012? I didn't have to fear for a bunch of BLM-related protests that lead to cops brutalizing innocent people back in 2012. I didn't have to fear about hate crimes related to neo-Nazis and far-right Trump supporters back in 2012. I didn't even have to worry about Donald Trump being our next president back in 2012.

Why would 2017 be worse?

Um... it would be the first Trump would be the United States' president?

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/16 at 8:50 pm

Um... it would be the first Trump would be the United States' president?

What does Donald Trump being president have anything to do with how good a year will be? That's totally irrelevant.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/16 at 8:53 pm

What kind of stuff made 2016 better than 2012? I didn't have to fear for a bunch of BLM-related protests that lead to cops brutalizing innocent people back in 2012. I didn't have to fear about hate crimes related to neo-Nazis and far-right Trump supporters back in 2012. I didn't even have to worry about Donald Trump being our next president back in 2012.

I was severely depressed in 2012 but I am not in 2016. Music, technology, and pop culture is better in 2016 too. In 2012 and 2011 all these things were bad. And there was still violence in 2012 you just didn't hear about it as much. I distinctly remember an elementary school mass shooting in late 2012.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/27/16 at 8:57 pm

Believe or not, MORE Christians favored Trump over Hillary. It was hard for me to accept this as a Christian myself, but I understood why after Hillary was enforcing the transgender stuff, gay marriage, and abortions throughout her campaign. It goes much more deeper than this too.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/27/16 at 9:00 pm

I was severely depressed in 2012 but I am not in 2016. Music, technology, and pop culture is better in 2016 too. In 2012 and 2011 all these things were bad. And there was still violence in 2012 you just didn't hear about it as much. I distinctly remember an elementary school mass shooting in late 2012.

The elementary school shooting, the movie shooting, and Trevon Martin being shot innocently by Zimmerman was just the beginning. What 2015 & 2016 have offered in terms of shootings, riots, ISIS/terrorist attacks, and violence were a lot more dark, serious and dangerous than 2012, and it happened right around this stupid election we went through this year.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/16 at 9:09 pm

Believe or not, MORE Christians favored Trump over Hillary. It was hard for me to accept this as a Christian myself, but I understood why after Hillary was enforcing the transgender stuff, gay marriage, and abortions throughout her campaign. It goes much more deeper than this too.

Too much focusing on transgender stuff and extreme pro abortion for a lot of us. That kind of stuff just isn't quite acceptable in middle America. Gay marriage I don't care that much about not that pro not that against. Should have been left to the States to be honest. Our life really does begin once the egg is fertilized, even if that embryo isn't developed like a baby yet it's still ultimately very early human life. On the other hand a transgender "woman" or "man" is NOT the same as being born a man or woman, sorry liberals it's science. And the left claims they're the side of science? I do have sympathy for them but it is NOT THE SAME. Not that Trump really cares about those issues in reality but the Democratic Party has alienated the midwest with far left social policies and they lost partially because of that. I know I'm gonna get some liberals mad by saying this but this is how I see it as a moderate.

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/16 at 9:38 pm

Too much focusing on transgender stuff and extreme pro abortion for a lot of us. That kind of stuff just isn't quite acceptable in middle America. Gay marriage I don't care that much about not that pro not that against. Should have been left to the States to be honest. Our life really does begin once the egg is fertilized, even if that embryo isn't developed like a baby yet it's still ultimately very early human life. On the other hand a transgender "woman" or "man" is NOT the same as being born a man or woman, sorry liberals it's science. And the left claims they're the side of science? I do have sympathy for them but it is NOT THE SAME. Not that Trump really cares about those issues in reality but the Democratic Party has alienated the midwest with far left social policies and they lost partially because of that. I know I'm gonna get some liberals mad by saying this but this is how I see it as a moderate.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature

Never mind the blatant naturalistic fallacy here (just because someone is born a man doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to live as a woman), you saying the existence of transgenderism is not backed by science is also false.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/

Christians want to shove their religion down everyone's throat. This was true before Hillary Clinton, with Hillary Clinton, and will be true after Hillary Clinton. People don't want Christianity,  because there's no evidence to prove that it's true,  so they have to force it on people.

Also just because you're moderate doesn't mean you're right. In fact, if your views are simply based entirely on appearing moderate, then you're more likely to be wrong than extremists who came to their conclusions based on evidence and reason.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/16 at 9:43 pm

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature

Never mind the blatant naturalistic fallacy here (just because someone is born a man doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to live as a woman), you saying the existence of transgenderism is not backed by science is also false.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/

Christians want to shove their religion down everyone's throat. This was true before Hillary Clinton, with Hillary Clinton, and will be true after Hillary Clinton. People don't want Christianity,  because there's no evidence to prove that it's true,  so they have to force it on people.

Also just because you're moderate doesn't mean you're right. In fact, if your views are simply based entirely on appearing moderate, then you're more likely to be wrong than extremists who came to their conclusions based on evidence and reason.

And far left atheists want to shove atheism down our throat.  ::)

Also, feeling like a different gender in your mind is not the same as physically being that gender and it never will.

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/16 at 9:46 pm

And far left atheists want to shove atheism down our throat.  ::)

Also, feeling like a different gender in your mind is not the same as physically being that gender and it never will.

Drats, you've figured out my plot to enslave all the straights and force them to gay marry me and breed children for me  :\'(

Err, is the brain not an organ as much as your dick? Who decided one is more important than the other?

Written By: annimal on 12/27/16 at 9:50 pm

Think I'm getting sick

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/16 at 9:51 pm

Drats, you've figured out my plot to enslave all the straights and force them to gay marry me and breed children for me  :\'(

Err, is the brain not an organ as much as your dick? Who decided one is more important than the other?

Because the penis and vagina are the reproductive sex organs and your sex is determined by which of those you possess. If there's a disconnect between which one you have and your brain well like I said that's an issue and I have sympathy for that. It doesn't mean you are the same as being born a man or woman though, obviously it's not. A man is a man and a woman is a woman.

Written By: annimal on 12/27/16 at 9:59 pm

and the purpose of a man is to love a woman and the purpose of a woman is to love a man 

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/16 at 10:01 pm

Because the penis and vagina are the reproductive sex organs and your sex is determined by which of those you possess. If there's a disconnect between which one you have and your brain well like I said that's an issue and I have sympathy for that. It doesn't mean you are the same as being born a man or woman though, obviously it's not. A man is a man and a woman is a woman.

Well hence the distinction between sex (your penis or vagina) and gender (male/female/non-binary), and why it's called transgender nowadays instead of transsexuel. Just because you aren't born a man/woman doesn't mean you should be treated like dirt. How is that fair?

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/16 at 10:06 pm

and the purpose of a man is to love a woman and the purpose of a woman is to love a man

The purpose of straights is gay for pay porn and giving birth to beautiful gays.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/16 at 10:07 pm

Well hence the distinction between sex (your penis or vagina) and gender (male/female/non-binary), and why it's called transgender nowadays instead of transsexuel. Just because you aren't born a man/woman doesn't mean you should be treated like dirt. How is that fair?

No and I wouldn't treat them like "dirt". I don't agree with them being the same as a person born physically male or female like the left wing preaches. They have a mental issue and I have feelings for them. But I still believe in telling like it is in regards to their actual sex.

Written By: annimal on 12/27/16 at 10:12 pm

I'm gonna leave and walk away  the game of sludge (slude) sludge (sludge) ha ha ha ha ha ha

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/16 at 10:15 pm

No and I wouldn't treat them like "dirt". I don't agree with them being the same as a person born physically male or female like the left wing preaches. They have a mental issue and I have feelings for them. But I still believe in telling like it is in regards to their actual sex.

What are you implying when you say they're not the "same" as someone born male or female? ???

And you know sex can be changed right (and gender can't)? Sex change opérations.  Why does it even matter what private parts someone has? Like why should that change day to day living?

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/16 at 10:17 pm

I'm gonna leave and walk away  the game of sludge (slude) sludge (sludge) ha ha ha ha ha ha

This is honestly an issue that left and right will never agree on. I side more with the right on the basic principles but realistically I'm not exactly worried about <1% of the population that is transgender. In the scheme of things this is not the most important issue and transgender people are not exactly a dangerous threat so I don't care.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/16 at 10:19 pm

What are you implying when you say they're not the "same" as someone born male or female? ???

And you know sex can be changed right (and gender can't)? Sex change opérations.  Why does it even matter what private parts someone has? Like why should that change day to day living?

LOL that's still not the same. Sex change operations are just a cosmetic surgery that makes your sex organs look like the other sex, it doesn't truly change your sex. I'm done arguing about this.  ::)

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/16 at 10:38 pm

I never said it was anyway, we all have our opinions left, right and different mixtures of both. Just because you are liberal and atheist doesn't make you right either. It's all kind of relative anyway. Compared to you you'd probably consider me pretty right wing. I'm moderate for America but in Europe would be pretty right wing for example.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/27/16 at 10:39 pm

I was mildly depressed back in 2012, so I could technically sympathize with you. But I didn't think that any other year was worse. I thought 2012 was the year in which I'll never mention in my life, nor would I think of it positively. That year usually gives me very negative memories, but 2016 makes me wish we didn't obsess over social media so much.

Well, Trump was good enough to get those people to vote for him. Especially when Hillary wasn't the best candidate to choose from the Democrat Party.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/27/16 at 10:40 pm

Any year or decade is good when you are blessed with being alive.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/16 at 10:42 pm

Any year or decade is good when you are blessed with being alive.

Very true considering all the early celebrity deaths this year, this is an important statement for everybody to remember.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/16 at 10:44 pm

LOL that's still not the same. Sex change operations are just a cosmetic surgery that makes your sex organs look like the other sex, it doesn't truly change your sex. I'm done arguing about this.  ::)

How doesn't it change your sex? Taking hormones and changing your genitals does exactly that...

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/16 at 10:48 pm

How doesn't it change your sex? Taking hormones and changing your genitals does exactly that...

Can a post op transgender "woman" give birth to a baby? No. Can a post op transgender "man" actually impregnate a woman? No. It changes their appearance that's it, but it still doesn't give them actual fully functioning sex organs of the other sex.

Written By: annimal on 12/27/16 at 10:54 pm

There was some strange time in which a mama had a chicken and a cow and their dad was proud.  I 'm probably off topic now.

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/16 at 10:56 pm

It's not just a cosmetic surgery, there are hormone therapies as well.

Like really, you claim that you're on the side of science, so where is your proof that a transgender person who's undergone sex change therapy is any less of a man or a woman?

The truth is, the state of public K-12 science education in your country is pitiful. You're competing with third world countries like Vietnam and India in science. And it's not equal throughout the country, the more religious and Republican a state is, the more it is like Gambia and the less religious and Democratic a state is, the more it is like Canada or Finland (the countries with the top marks in science). It's not a coincidence. I read an article about this German girl who was an exchange student for a year in rural Minnesota. She talked about how a student was allowed to literally cross off all the questions in the science exam, and write religious questions in their place and answer those instead, and she got 100%. It was the most American thing I've ever heard.  This appeal to religion instead of logic and reason is the reason Rome fell and it can be the reason your country will fall too.

I mean, just look at this thread, you claim to be on the side of science yet you've not sourced one scientific source. When you stated that things are this and that, and your beliefs were challenged and scrutinized, which is literally the ENTIRE point and process of the scientific method,  all you've done is back out. If I gave up every time my conclusions were criticized, I would have flunked put of my Physics degree. The whole point of science is to explain and understand the world. If all you're looking for is for your preconceived notions to be confirmed, you won't get very far.

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/16 at 10:57 pm

Can a post op transgender "woman" give birth to a baby? No. Can a post op transgender "man" actually impregnate a woman? No. It changes their appearance that's it, but it still doesn't give them actual fully functioning sex organs of the other sex.

Can an infertile man or woman do any of that? Are they not their sex anymore?

Written By: Brian06 on 12/27/16 at 10:59 pm

It's not just a cosmetic surgery, there are hormone therapies as well.

Like really, you claim that you're on the side of science, so where is your proof that a transgender person who's undergone sex change therapy is any less of a man or a woman?

The truth is, the state of public K-12 science education in your country is pitiful. You're competing with third world countries like Vietnam and India in science. And it's not equal throughout the country, the more religious and Republican a state is, the more it is like Gambia and the less religious and Democratic a state is, the more it is like Canada or Finland (the countries with the top marks in science). It's not a coincidence. I read an article about this German girl who was an exchange student for a year in rural Minnesota. She talked about how a student was allowed to literally cross off all the questions in the science exam, and write religious questions in their place and answer those instead, and she got 100%. It was the most American thing I've ever heard.  This appeal to religion instead of logic and reason is the reason Rome fell and it can be the reason your country will fall too.

I mean, just look at this thread, you claim to be on the side of science yet you've not sourced one scientific source. When you stated that things are this and that, and your beliefs were challenged and scrutinized, which is literally the ENTIRE point and process of the scientific method,  all you've done is back out. If I gave up every time my conclusions were criticized, I would have flunked put of my Physics degree. The whole point of science is to explain and understand the world. If all you're looking for is for your preconceived notions to be confirmed, you won't get very far.

Can an infertile man or woman do any of that? Are they not their sex anymore?

sex chromosome | genetics | Britannica.com
https://www.britannica.com/science/sex-chromosome
Jul 20, 1998 - In humans the sex chromosomes comprise one pair of the total of 23 pairs of chromosomes. The other 22 pairs of chromosomes are called autosomes. Individuals having two X chromosomes (XX) are female; individuals having one X chromosome and one Y chromosome (XY) are male.

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/16 at 11:11 pm

sex chromosome | genetics | Britannica.com
https://www.britannica.com/science/sex-chromosome
Jul 20, 1998 - In humans the sex chromosomes comprise one pair of the total of 23 pairs of chromosomes. The other 22 pairs of chromosomes are called autosomes. Individuals having two X chromosomes (XX) are female; individuals having one X chromosome and one Y chromosome (XY) are male.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_gonadal_dysgenesis

When such a gene is defective, the indifferent gonads fail to differentiate into testes in an XY (genetically male) fetus. Without testes, no testosterone or antimüllerian hormone (AMH) is produced. Without testosterone, the wolffian ducts fail to develop, so no internal male organs are formed. Also, the lack of testosterone means that no dihydrotestosterone is formed and consequently the external genitalia fail to virilize, resulting in normal female genitalia. Without AMH, the Müllerian ducts develop into normal internal female organs (uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina).

A baby who is externally a girl is born and is normal in all anatomic respects except that the child has nonfunctional streak gonads instead of ovaries or testes. As girls' ovaries normally produce no important body changes before puberty, a defect of the reproductive system typically remains unsuspected until puberty fails to occur in people with Swyer syndrome. They appear to be normal girls and are generally considered so.

An XY chromosome person with a veritable vagina.  That's some people's fetish.

Written By: #Infinity on 12/27/16 at 11:58 pm

So am I still a "man" even though I just had reassignment surgery and nobody ever generally perceives me as anything other than a woman? I know I still technically have XY chromosomes, can't get pregnant, and lack ovaries, but is that really a sufficient argument to call me a man in social situations? Far and large, I still look, function, present, and come off as a woman in public, so focusing so rigidly on a few fundamentally scientific details is absurd not just to me, but to pretty much everybody I casually come across. We really live in an age in which your specific genetic code is irrelevant to how you define yourself as an individual compared to your actions, sense of taste, and, to be fair, external presentation. As someone who identifies strongly as a woman and has taken genuine steps towards effectively presenting as such, I really don't draw much attention to my chromosomes and infertility because that's not relevant to how I conduct my life.

Written By: 2001 on 12/28/16 at 1:52 am

I made a few facetious jokes here and there (and you guys claim us SJWs are so PC!), but I've not thrown sludge or ad hominems. If you want to point that out I'll be ready to apologize.

Written By: 2001 on 12/28/16 at 2:32 am

I never said it was anyway, we all have our opinions left, right and different mixtures of both. Just because you are liberal and atheist doesn't make you right either. It's all kind of relative anyway. Compared to you you'd probably consider me pretty right wing. I'm moderate for America but in Europe would be pretty right wing for example.

It's just something I've noticed on this forum, it's not only you. A lot of people seem to insist that they're centrist or moderate as some sort of defence mechanism, almost as if they're apologizing for holding that view, or to imply that they're "above"/more enlightened than more consistent left/right wingers. I mean, I'm a social liberal but I'm not writing that in every other post ;D (except a few angsty times I put "social justice warrior" as my signature).

It's even weirder once you consider that social liberalism and conservatism are actual belief systems with a set of thought processes and views of the world. "Centrism" on the other hand is not a tangible thing or a consistent belief system. Like you said, it means different things to different people.

Also another funny thing I noticed is that every time someone insisted they're centrist, they go on to post something obscenely right wing, never the other way around. ;D

Written By: #Infinity on 12/28/16 at 3:09 am

Also another funny thing I noticed is that every time someone insisted they're centrist, they go on to post something obscenely right wing, never the other way around. ;D

Does that include me? :-[

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/28/16 at 7:19 am

It's just something I've noticed on this forum, it's not only you. A lot of people seem to insist that they're centrist or moderate as some sort of defence mechanism, almost as if they're apologizing for holding that view, or to imply that they're "above"/more enlightened than more consistent left/right wingers. I mean, I'm a social liberal but I'm not writing that in every other post ;D (except a few angsty times I put "social justice warrior" as my signature).

It's even weirder once you consider that social liberalism and conservatism are actual belief systems with a set of thought processes and views of the world. "Centrism" on the other hand is not a tangible thing or a consistent belief system. Like you said, it means different things to different people.

Damn right I'm better than you. >:(

Right wing, right wing, hear us roar! Trumper Army set the score!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

I'm a centrist. ;) :P

Written By: Howard on 12/28/16 at 8:32 am

I hope not.

Written By: Howard on 12/28/16 at 8:34 am

Why would 2017 be worse?

nobody knows if 2017 will be worse, you just to wait and find out.

Written By: 2001 on 12/28/16 at 10:16 am

Does that include me? :-
Damn right I'm better than you. >:(

Right wing, right wing, hear us roar! Trumper Army set the score!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

I'm a centrist. ;) :P

Dégoûtant 🍷

An American "centrist" would be considered very right wing in Ontario ;D

Toronto is considered a centrist city ;D ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/28/16 at 10:26 am

You're centrist? :o

Maybe she's a centrist leaning left.

Written By: bchris02 on 12/28/16 at 11:10 am

The big problem in our country today is that fundamentalist Christians want to make their beliefs law and marginalize everyone else and if you oppose that, then you are persecuting them.  Isn't it ridiculous that "persecution" to these people is not being able to bully everyone else?  Isn't it ridiculous that these people think being wished a "Happy Holidays" is persecution?  Is there any other situation in history where the oppressors have claimed to be the persecuted?

I wish we could have a more live and let live society.  What to be a fundamentalist Christian?  No problem at all, but you can't use the strong arm of the government to force your beliefs on everyone else.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/16 at 12:04 pm

https://medium.com/@justjudyanne/2016-is-not-killing-people-984b583a0ecc#.e1g0lygg3

Cat

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/28/16 at 12:14 pm

Dégoûtant 🍷

An American "centrist" would be considered very right wing in Ontario ;D

Toronto is considered a centrist city ;D ;D

Don't speak no spanish at me you bad hombre!!! I'm gonna summon Trump's high energy into my fedora and I'll show you! >:( >:( >:(

Everyone knows Toronto is the city of hipster millennial turds. :P Centrist is the last thing I'd call you guys. Not like neo-California, soon to be the legion of the alt-right red pills. I shall be swallowing the red pill and spinnin' sum plates while I praise the high energy god emperor Donald Trump and go to the alt right meetings we have every month. The beard on my neck is nicely groomed, my fedora is sharp and I am always above women. If you do not join us for Mountain Dew Mondays where we discuss political theory over chips and dip and a game of Everquest in my mother's basement then you are a cuck fool!!! Hahahaha!!!!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/28/16 at 12:19 pm

Don't speak no spanish at me you bad hombre!!! I'm gonna summon Trump's high energy into my fedora and I'll show you! >:( >:( >:(

Everyone knows Toronto is the city of hipster millennial turds. :P Centrist is the last thing I'd call you guys. Not like neo-California, soon to be the legion of the alt-right red pills. I shall be swallowing the red pill and spinnin' sum plates while I praise the high energy god emperor Donald Trump and go to the alt right meetings we have every month. The beard on my neck is nicely groomed, my fedora is sharp and I am always above women. If you do not join us for Mountain Dew Mondays where we discuss political theory over chips and dip and a game of Everquest in my mother's basement then you are a cuck fool!!! Hahahaha!!!!

Hey cuck, have you ever tried going to /pol/? It's like where all the Alt-Right members hang out?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/28/16 at 12:23 pm

Hey cuck, have you ever tried going to /pol/? It's like where all the Alt-Right members hang out?

I ain't no god damn cuck you libcuck you!!! Yes, you can often find me in my mother's basement with /pol/ and /b/ on one monitor and Everquest on another. Usually with a can of Mountain Dew on one side and chips and dip on the other. Of course, this is when I am not out with women spinnin' plates because men are the superior sex. Yes, you heard me liberals, I said men are superior. High energy!!! MAGA brothers! We have the best Everquest folks!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/28/16 at 1:04 pm

I ain't no god damn cuck you libcuck you!!! Yes, you can often find me in my mother's basement with /pol/ and /b/ on one monitor and Everquest on another. Usually with a can of Mountain Dew on one side and chips and dip on the other. Of course, this is when I am not out with women spinnin' plates because men are the superior sex. Yes, you heard me liberals, I said men are superior. High energy!!! MAGA brothers! We have the best Everquest folks!

You're the cuckservative, lulz!!!!

MAGA people can kiss my ass.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/28/16 at 1:13 pm

Didn't you hear the news? Canada is known as cuck nation! #CuckNation  ;D

Seriously I would rather live in Toronto than where I live now. It's too conservative in Alberta.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/28/16 at 1:39 pm

;D

Written By: Slim95 on 12/28/16 at 1:48 pm

One of the worst things this year was Carrie Fisher dying. As a huge Star Wars fan, this was shocking for me and I still can't believe she's gone.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/28/16 at 1:56 pm

It's so crazy. In 4 days, it will be 2017.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/28/16 at 2:01 pm

Where has the time gone? New Years 2010 feels like yesterday.

Written By: annimal on 12/28/16 at 2:07 pm

^^  Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Written By: annimal on 12/28/16 at 2:11 pm

by the way Feliz Navidad

Written By: 80sfan on 12/28/16 at 2:19 pm

Where has the time gone? New Years 2010 feels like yesterday.

2010 will be 7 years ago. And 1997 will be 20 years ago.

A guilty pleasure film of mine in 1997, will turn 20 next year.

http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2014/09/i-know-what-you-did-last-summer-reboot.jpg

Written By: 2001 on 12/28/16 at 2:37 pm

The big problem in our country today is that fundamentalist Christians want to make their beliefs law and marginalize everyone else and if you oppose that, then you are persecuting them.  Isn't it ridiculous that "persecution" to these people is not being able to bully everyone else?  Isn't it ridiculous that these people think being wished a "Happy Holidays" is persecution?  Is there any other situation in history where the oppressors have claimed to be the persecuted?

I wish we could have a more live and let live society.  What to be a fundamentalist Christian?  No problem at all, but you can't use the strong arm of the government to force your beliefs on everyone else.

You deserve 10 karma for this post. It is the one and True gospel.

Written By: Howard on 12/28/16 at 2:38 pm

https://medium.com/@justjudyanne/2016-is-not-killing-people-984b583a0ecc#.e1g0lygg3

Cat

It is years of drugs that is probably takes it's toll on performers.

Written By: Howard on 12/28/16 at 2:40 pm

One of the worst things this year was Carrie Fisher dying. As a huge Star Wars fan, this was shocking for me and I still can't believe she's gone.

I have a feeling Glen Campbell is next.  :(

Written By: Howard on 12/28/16 at 2:40 pm

I know, it was a weird year.  :o

Written By: 2001 on 12/28/16 at 2:50 pm

Cat

The heroine and opioid epidemic is becoming a real problem. Just a few weeks ago, 9 people died on the same night overdosing of fentanyl in Vancouver, and there have been 755 deaths so far this year, up from some 300 or so in 2015. It's heartbreaking what's happening :(

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/drug-overdose-bc-november-1.3903256

Written By: 80sfan on 12/28/16 at 2:52 pm

The heroine and opioid epidemic is becoming a real problem. Just a few weeks ago, 9 people died on the same night overdosing of fentanyl in Vancouver, and there have been 755 deaths so far this year, up from some 300 or so in 2015. It's heartbreaking what's happening :(

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/drug-overdose-bc-november-1.3903256

When I did my poll taking job earlier this year, they mentioned this problem in the polls! I had to ask the questions.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/16 at 2:59 pm

That is because pharmaceutical companies with the help of many doctors, have been handing out prescriptions like candy. They are pretty much legal pushers. Then when docs finally cut people off after they become addicted, then they usually go to the illegal drugs. But yet, these same pushers don't want to legalize marijuana-which NO ONE has died from using and yet, it helps so many from several ailments.  >:( >:( >:(

Cat

Written By: 2001 on 12/28/16 at 3:16 pm

http://i.imgur.com/Ku61Dt4.gif

Always above women? Don't you mean far away from women? http://board.ateaseweb.com//public/style_emoticons/default/colonW.PNG

Cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cock cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cock cuck cuck cuck cuck

Written By: 2001 on 12/28/16 at 3:43 pm

Mountain Dew is great, I don't understand why it's always associated with assholes. :P

Ever since 2007 when they had the Halo edition and all the gaming websites were plastered with Halo Mountain Dew ads, it's always been the teen "bro beverage" to me.

Written By: #Infinity on 12/28/16 at 3:55 pm

Maybe she's a centrist leaning left.

Yeah, I consider myself a moderate liberal. I'm fairly progressive, but I think there's some value at least in responsibility, empathy, and diplomacy. I don't condone shameless bigotry, but forcefully shoving down liberal beliefs on hardcore conservatives is just as ineffective as fundamentalist Christians trying to impose their religion on everybody else because it usually just provokes defense mechanisms rather than persuasion.

Written By: 2001 on 12/28/16 at 4:55 pm

Yeah, I consider myself a moderate liberal. I'm fairly progressive, but I think there's some value at least in responsibility, empathy, and diplomacy. I don't condone shameless bigotry, but forcefully shoving down liberal beliefs on hardcore conservatives is just as ineffective as fundamentalist Christians trying to impose their religion on everybody else because it usually just provokes defense mechanisms rather than persuasion.

Oh. That isn't really centrism though. It seems like you're still mostly ideologically closer to the left, but believe in different persuasion techniques (or believe in persuasion at all ;D)

Written By: #Infinity on 12/28/16 at 5:37 pm

Oh. That isn't really centrism though. It seems like you're still mostly ideologically closer to the left, but believe in different persuasion techniques (or believe in persuasion at all ;D)

Well, I'm also against socialism and believe that responsibly regulated capitalism is the best way for America to run its economy. I'm not ardently pro-choice and also feel that patriotism is important in maintaining not just a national identity, but also mutual trust. I don't favor many of the extreme ways in which our generation of liberals want to deconstruct the United States just to impose their own set of ardent beliefs. Manners, work ethics, and protection against external threats are necessary for a functioning democracy. There is genuine freedom in conservatism, it's just that modern conservatism is usually associated with bigotry due to the alt-right being the driving force of the Republican Party.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/28/16 at 6:09 pm

Well, I'm also against socialism and believe that responsibly regulated capitalism is the best way for America to run its economy. I'm not ardently pro-choice and also feel that patriotism is important in maintaining not just a national identity, but also mutual trust. I don't favor many of the extreme ways in which our generation of liberals want to deconstruct the United States just to impose their own set of ardent beliefs. Manners, work ethics, and protection against external threats are necessary for a functioning democracy. There is genuine freedom in conservatism, it's just that modern conservatism is usually associated with bigotry due to the alt-right being the driving force of the Republican Party.

That sounds pretty American centrist.

Written By: aja675 on 12/28/16 at 6:53 pm

Apparently, being like this is a bad thing? Aren't people like this the only people who could survive 2016 unscathed?: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emotionally+stunted

Written By: 2001 on 12/28/16 at 7:09 pm

That is because pharmaceutical companies with the help of many doctors, have been handing out prescriptions like candy. They are pretty much legal pushers. Then when docs finally cut people off after they become addicted, then they usually go to the illegal drugs. But yet, these same pushers don't want to legalize marijuana-which NO ONE has died from using and yet, it helps so many from several ailments.  >:( >:( >:(

Cat

I see it as a problem with opioids in general. I have a problem with assigning blame to any particular persons (except drug dealers and irresponsible advertising). My (11 year old) sister for example is in pain many times due to various medical conditions, and I know and have been trained not to overuse the morphine or the pain meds, but when she's crying in pain and is quite literally suffering, is there much to be done? I sympathize with the doctors and nurses who have to make this difficult choice everyday, as well as the people who become addicted.

You're right though that the over prescribing of pain meds is one of the leading causes of the epidemic. However, I don't think those doctors who gave out the pain meds that eventually caused the addiction were really in the wrong. It's possible that in that time and that place, giving out the pain meds was the right thing to do. It's the opioids themselves that are the problem, and finding a medicinal solution that isn't as potent or addicting but still has the pain relieving effects is the ideal solution. In the meantime, yes, we should probably slow down on over prescribing pain meds. It's sadly those who are already addicted or experiencing chronic pain that will suffer the most from such a decision, though :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/16 at 7:44 pm

I see it as a problem with opioids in general. I have a problem with assigning blame to any particular persons (except drug dealers and irresponsible advertising). My (11 year old) sister for example is in pain many times due to various medical conditions, and I know and have been trained not to overuse the morphine or the pain meds, but when she's crying in pain and is quite literally suffering, is there much to be done? I sympathize with the doctors and nurses who have to make this difficult choice everyday, as well as the people who become addicted.

You're right though that the over prescribing of pain meds is one of the leading causes of the epidemic. However, I don't think those doctors who gave out the pain meds that eventually caused the addiction were really in the wrong. It's possible that in that time and that place, giving out the pain meds was the right thing to do. It's the opioids themselves that are the problem, and finding a medicinal solution that isn't as potent or addicting but still has the pain relieving effects is the ideal solution. In the meantime, yes, we should probably slow down on over prescribing pain meds. It's sadly those who are already addicted or experiencing chronic pain that will suffer the most from such a decision, though :(

They should smoke a joint. That eases pain-ok maybe not as much as morphine but it does ease it.

Cat

Written By: Slim95 on 12/28/16 at 8:11 pm

Debbie Reynolds died today from a stroke. It just keeps getting worse.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/28/16 at 8:25 pm

They used opiods for depression pre-1960. It was/still is addictive, but if you had a mental illness, you really didn't have a choice. Well, I guess you did, but it probably wasn't the best choice to move to a place where the climate was gloomy. A walk on a sunny day may have helped, but I'm not sure how much.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/28/16 at 8:27 pm

:o  :o  :o

Written By: Slim95 on 12/28/16 at 8:27 pm

:o  :o  :o

Yeah one day after her daughter died.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/28/16 at 8:30 pm

First George Michael, then Carrie Fisher, and now her? This is pretty sad, to be honest. We're three days away from 2017, and it's like death has doomed upon us.

Written By: 2001 on 12/28/16 at 8:45 pm

They should smoke a joint. That eases pain-ok maybe not as much as morphine but it does ease it.

Cat

Yeah, anything that can reduce the pain and reduce deaths is fine by me. I'm happy it'll be legalized in 4 months time here. It won't eliminate the problem though, the stereotype is that everyone in BC already smokes anyway, legal or not ;D Jk.

Written By: 2001 on 12/28/16 at 9:32 pm

They used opiods for depression pre-1960. It was/still is addictive, but if you had a mental illness, you really didn't have a choice. Well, I guess you did, but it probably wasn't the best choice to move to a place where the climate was gloomy. A walk on a sunny day may have helped, but I'm not sure how much.

I heard you could buy all sorts of drugs including heroine from the drug store in the 1920s/1930s :o and yeah, not to mention the Opium Wars.

Written By: Shemp97 on 12/28/16 at 10:03 pm

Some of the best music I've heard came from the mid to late 00's. It's honestly really gone downhill around 2012.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/28/16 at 10:19 pm

Some of the best music I've heard came from the mid to late 00's. It's honestly really gone downhill around 2012.

Music has started to go down in quality since around the 1990s, late 90s specifically. Probably around 1997 if I have to put a year on it.

The absolute worst period for music was 2008 - 2012.

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/28/16 at 10:21 pm

ArcticFox says the decline was 1998, not 1997.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/28/16 at 10:24 pm

ArcticFox says the decline was 1998, not 1997.

Well in 1997 you had Aqua's Barbie Girl come out, Hanson's MmmBop was number 1 for three weeks in a row, and had some pop groups like Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys in big popularity.  Nuff' said.  ;D

Written By: annimal on 12/28/16 at 10:41 pm

excuse me I need to use the restroom.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 12/28/16 at 10:43 pm

I'm not sure why, but for some reason I feel like this picture perfectly describes the absurdity that has been 2016.

http://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Screen-Shot-2016-06-10-at-2.02.19-PM.png

Hail to the Chief! 8)

Written By: 80sfan on 12/28/16 at 10:47 pm

Some of the mid-2010's songs are okay.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/28/16 at 10:52 pm

Personally, if I were more flexible, music was still at least decent from 1999 to 2002, and went waaay south from 2003 on.

If I were really picky, music went south after 1998. From 1999 on it wasn't my taste.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/28/16 at 10:52 pm

excuse me I need to use the restroom.

;D

Written By: #Infinity on 12/28/16 at 11:02 pm

Well in 1997 you had Aqua's Barbie Girl come out, Hanson's MmmBop was number 1 for three weeks in a row, and had some pop groups like Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys in big popularity.  Nuff' said.  ;D

Yeah, well 1997 also had this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a1/Radiohead.okcomputer.albumart.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3e/The_Verve,_Urban_Hymns.png

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/FooFighters-TheColourAndTheShape.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/The_Offspring-Ixnay_on_the_Hombre.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/Green_Day_-_Nimrod_cover.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9c/Daftpunk-homework.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/75/Mcbutterfly.jpg/220px-Mcbutterfly.jpg

I will at least agree 1997 was a dramatic turning point for popular music that paved the way for the bubblegummy, synthetic, and shallow age we currently live in, but even then, there was at least still a passion to compose music, songs with actual melodies and substance. The quality didn't truly suffer until about the mid-2000s, despite an upswing around 2009 to 2013. The overwhelming majority of big hits from 1997 to me are either genuinely great or, in many cases, guilty pleasures. Yeah, "Barbie Girl," "Tubthumping," "5,6,7,8," and "It's All About the Benjamins" are completely silly pieces, but they still brimmed with enthusiasm or at least a free-spirited entertainment value.

Nowadays, we either get safe-as-possible, elementary school music book kitsch from teen pop starlets and pretty boys, or formulaic, zombified, repetitive-as-hell, ultra-autotuned, desperately crass trap rap from mini-Kanyes and Iggy Azalea wannabes.

Written By: annimal on 12/28/16 at 11:07 pm

Told Advanced that their Coclear implants nead suprano tones so I can end up hearing Barbie Girl >:(

but that was important to get them to put some higher tones in their programming so an ambulence can be heard right. 

(cant spell any more tonight)

Written By: Slim95 on 12/28/16 at 11:54 pm

I will at least agree 1997 was a dramatic turning point for popular music that paved the way for the bubblegummy, synthetic, and shallow age we currently live in, but even then, there was at least still a passion to compose music, songs with actually melodies and substance. The quality didn't truly suffer until about the mid-2000s, despite an upswing around 2009 to 2013. The overwhelming majority of big hits from 1997 to me are either genuinely great or, in many cases, guilty pleasures. Yeah, "Barbie Girl," "Tubthumping," "5,6,7,8," and "It's All About the Benjamins" are completely silly pieces, but they still brimmed with enthusiasm or at least a free-spirited entertainment value.

Nowadays, we either get safe-as-possible, elementary school music book kitsch from teen pop starlets and pretty boys, or formulaic, zombified, repetitive-as-hell, ultra-autotuned, desperately crass trap rap from mini-Kanyes and Iggy Azalea wannabes.

You know it's very interesting how music gets worse and worse as the years go by. It kind of scares me what music will sound like 20 years from now.  :o

Written By: #Infinity on 12/29/16 at 1:03 am

You know it's very interesting how music gets worse and worse as the years go by. It kind of scares me what music will sound like 20 years from now.  :o

It'll most likely make "Hot Cross Buns" sound like Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 12/29/16 at 1:19 am

It's entirely subjective. The music itself hasn't worsened; it's just how we perceive the releases from a certain period of time and compare them with songs we believe are "good". For instance, I dislike current Top-40 music and I genuinely believe that music really started to become crappy in 1999. However, on the same token, someone else my age may believe that the current releases are "great" songs.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/29/16 at 7:44 am

You're the cuckservative, lulz!!!!

MAGA people can kiss my ass.

God emperor doesn't like your tone, cuck! >:(

http://i.imgur.com/Ku61Dt4.gif

Always above women? Don't you mean far away from women? http://board.ateaseweb.com//public/style_emoticons/default/colonW.PNG

Damn right that's me on a Saturday night! What's it to you Cancuck? And no, I am not far away from women psychically but emotionally as I am red pilled and all women even virgins are whores so I just spin dem plates and work out my muscles and improve myself for me not because I am a bitter neckbeard who used to be a feminist but is now bitter because women reject me and my sh!tty basement dweller nerdy personality.

Didn't you hear the news? Canada is known as cuck nation! #CuckNation  ;D

Seriously I would rather live in Toronto than where I live now. It's too conservative in Alberta.

Who has pride in being such a cuck!? A libcuck that is who. The alt-right will rise! MAGA! Based Milo! Top kek!!!

Mountain Dew is great, I don't understand why it's always associated with assholes. :P

Yeah, it's pretty tasty but unfortunately...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/63/73/92/6373924d33aa5ea1f1270cdbe067bd81.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b3xNxdr.jpg

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/29/16 at 9:04 am

Music has started to go down in quality since around the 1990s, late 90s specifically. Probably around 1997 if I have to put a year on it.

The absolute worst period for music was 2008 - 2012.

I thought you said you loved 2000s music.

Yeah, it's pretty tasty but unfortunately...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/63/73/92/6373924d33aa5ea1f1270cdbe067bd81.jpg

Aside from you being a cuckservative, you make goblets cool.

Written By: 2001 on 12/29/16 at 11:08 am

God emperor doesn't like your tone, cuck! >:(

Damn right that's me on a Saturday night! What's it to you Cancuck? And no, I am not far away from women psychically but emotionally as I am red pilled and all women even virgins are whores so I just spin dem plates and work out my muscles and improve myself for me not because I am a bitter neckbeard who used to be a feminist but is now bitter because women reject me and my sh!tty basement dweller nerdy personality.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/2de31ff7e5a7b4d5907f4c2a93e6ce3e/tumblr_mf8kbwjPMU1s0cjm8o1_500.png

Written By: 2001 on 12/29/16 at 11:16 am

OMG everything about this picture is art. That personal hygiene poster in the background .. This has to be a troll.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/16 at 12:06 pm

Yeah, anything that can reduce the pain and reduce deaths is fine by me. I'm happy it'll be legalized in 4 months time here. It won't eliminate the problem though, the stereotype is that everyone in BC already smokes anyway, legal or not ;D Jk.

You can exchange BC for Vermont and the statement would still hold true. lol.

Cat

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/29/16 at 12:22 pm

Aside from you being a cuckservative, you make goblets cool.

UGH! You are a damned fool to keep calling me a cuckservative! I do not sympathize with libcuck fools so therefore I am not a cuck myself. I follow in the footsteps of God Emperor Trump, Goddess Ivanka and Based Milo. lel

http://25.media.tumblr.com/2de31ff7e5a7b4d5907f4c2a93e6ce3e/tumblr_mf8kbwjPMU1s0cjm8o1_500.png

I laugh at thee! Ha ha ha!
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/21721942/images/1353778927881.jpg

Ah yes, that was the old me when I was a bill pilled feminist cuck. Nowadays I lift weights and spin plates and put women in their place. The man in the picture, he too will learn what evil women are. They are only out to get men and torture them but I am now red pilled so I put the woman in her place.

Life is tough when I'm surrounded by all these beta cucks!

http://30daystox.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/So-Hard-To-Be-Alpha.png

Top kek. lel.

OMG everything about this picture is art. That personal hygiene poster in the background .. This has to be a troll.

I dunno man, it's even funnier to think that it's real. :P

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/29/16 at 12:37 pm

UGH! You are a damned fool to keep calling me a cuckservative! I do not sympathize with libcuck fools so therefore I am not a cuck myself. I follow in the footsteps of God Emperor Trump, Goddess Ivanka and Based Milo. lel

Your "emperor" used to be a libcuck. I feel sad that your cuckservative leader was a dick.

Ah yes, that was the old me when I was a bill pilled feminist cuck. Nowadays I lift weights and spin plates and put women in their place. The man in the picture, he too will learn what evil women are. They are only out to get men and torture them but I am now red pilled so I put the woman in her place.

The man in the picture is more likely to live in his mom's basement, while making erotic fanfiction of Pepe the Frog.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/16 at 3:43 pm

Just a day after mourning Carrie Fisher, this is getting even sadder.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 12/29/16 at 3:45 pm

First George Michael, then Carrie Fisher, and now her? This is pretty sad, to be honest. We're three days away from 2017, and it's like death has doomed upon us.

Maybe it's a curse?  ???

Written By: 2001 on 12/29/16 at 3:55 pm

UGH! You are a damned fool to keep calling me a cuckservative! I do not sympathize with libcuck fools so therefore I am not a cuck myself. I follow in the footsteps of God Emperor Trump, Goddess Ivanka and Based Milo lel.

Life is tough when I'm surrounded by all these beta cucks

The things people will do for the almighty pussy :o

Either they let themselves get all walked over, or they're driven to folly with the red pill cult where men indoctrinate their own selves in their self-aggrandizing delure.

My fave (dick) could neva. All hail the vagina, its cultural impact!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/16 at 5:28 pm

Maybe it's a curse?  ???
People die every day and year, famous or not, this occurance happens all the time.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/29/16 at 5:32 pm

People die every day and year, famous or not, this occurance happens all the time.

But not as much as this year.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/16 at 5:49 pm

But not as much as this year.
The year of 2014 was worse with the passing of Rik Mayall, Phil Everly, Pete Seeger, Richard Attenborough, Robin Williams, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Bob Hoskins and Joan Rivers.

Written By: 2001 on 12/29/16 at 6:03 pm

I hope 2016 ends so people can stop dying :(

Just kidding. There's no curse :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/16 at 6:51 pm

I hope 2016 ends so people can stop dying :(

Just kidding. There's no curse :P

There is a curse but it won't hit until January 20th.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 12/29/16 at 6:55 pm

Too true.

Written By: TheKid99 on 12/29/16 at 9:27 pm

This year will be the best year of my life so far....

But the last month of the year was particularly HORRIBLE for me...

At least the other 11 months were great.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/29/16 at 9:42 pm

It was a decent year. I believe that 2018 and after is my time though! :.sigh:.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/29/16 at 9:48 pm

This year will be the best year of my life so far....

But the last month of the year was particularly HORRIBLE for me...

At least the other 11 months were great.

Hope you continue your streak of good luck next year.  :)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/29/16 at 10:22 pm

The things people will do for the almighty pussy :o

Either they let themselves get all walked over, or they're driven to folly with the red pill cult where men indoctrinate their own selves in their self-aggrandizing delure.

It's scary how accurate you are. You're either a doormat or an asshole, never a decent guy who genuinely cares about people but with enough self-respect to know when someone's being abusive. I guess that kind of emotional intelligence is for "beta cucks" or "jerks who aren't nice guys". ::)

My fave (dick) could neva. All hail the vagina, its cultural impact!

Well, yeah, that's because you're gay. :P Could you imagine a gay red pill? "all men are whores spin plates MGTOW" "Uhh... But we're all men!" "WHORES! Rare pepe! Top kek! Based Milo!!!!"

Also who names their wiener "my fave"? ??? Most people just say "that's my wiener" not come up with dumb names like "Oh hey, this is my George Foreman Grill" or "Lemme whip out the Bronski Beat".

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/29/16 at 10:26 pm

Jordan, let me just say I like your monthly(?) gimmicks! They're creative and hilarious.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/29/16 at 10:29 pm

Jordan, let me just say I like your monthly(?) gimmicks! They're creative and hilarious.

Haha, thanks Zelek! A lot of stupid sh!t's dominated politics this year so I'm glad my satire has been getting some laughs.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/29/16 at 10:33 pm

It's scary how accurate you are. You're either a doormat or an asshole, never a decent guy who genuinely cares about people but with enough self-respect to know when someone's being abusive. I guess that kind of emotional intelligence is for "beta cucks" or "jerks who aren't nice guys". ::)

Well, yeah, that's because you're gay. :P Could you imagine a gay red pill? "all men are whores spin plates MGTOW" "Uhh... But we're all men!" "WHORES! Rare pepe! Top kek! Based Milo!!!!"

Also who names their wiener "my fave"? ??? Most people just say "that's my wiener" not come up with dumb names like "Oh hey, this is my George Foreman Grill" or "Lemme whip out the Bronski Beat".

Just do dark rituals in your own room, with red curtains. And love will flow into your life sent by the spirits.  8)  8)

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 12:50 am

Haha, thanks Zelek! A lot of stupid sh!t's dominated politics this year so I'm glad my satire has been getting some laughs.

I did some right wing satire but people wrote serious angry replies instead of laughing so I had to stop  :o

Lyin' dyin' email fryin' Hillary ROTTEN Klinton uses her secret disguise of Jill Stein (have you ever seen them in the same room??) to ask for a recount to STEAL this election while trying to look like she had no hand in it! If Julian Assange hadn't been drone striked and MURDERED by this witch, he would have leaked an email about this already from Wikileaks! Now the American people will never know!

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 1:10 am

You god damn millennials! learn 2 Gen Z speak! Fave means favourite (and implies a blind fanboyism/devotion), so Nintendo is my "fave" between Nintendo/Sony/MS, or Beyoncé is my fave, Bad Religion is your fave, and between penis and vagina, the former is my fave :P

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fave

Also, Milo is gay  :-http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/ATRL_Smilies_All/random/mskt8j_zpsfb323382.gif

Written By: Howard on 12/30/16 at 8:23 am

There is a curse but it won't hit until January 20th.

Cat

When Trump gets elected. ::)

Written By: Howard on 12/30/16 at 8:24 am

;D

Written By: 80sfan on 12/30/16 at 8:45 am

It was a very emotionally draining year.

Written By: Howard on 12/30/16 at 9:17 am

It was a very emotionally draining year.

It sure was. :(

Written By: 80sfan on 12/30/16 at 9:35 am

It sure was. :(

Hope life was good for you, though.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/30/16 at 11:22 am

I did some right wing satire but people wrote serious angry replies instead of laughing so I had to stop  :o

But dude, that's actually super funny. You get to get back into the swing of things and troll with me again. Agents of the Red Pill 8)

http://i.imgur.com/UTSDmuT.jpg

The woman in this picture must be an optical illusion. These alpha red pill men would never be caught with a female in a social situation as they only spin plates.

You god damn millennials! learn 2 Gen Z speak! Fave means favourite (and implies a blind fanboyism/devotion), so Nintendo is my "fave" between Nintendo/Sony/MS, or Beyoncé is my fave, Bad Religion is your fave, and between penis and vagina, the former is my fave :P

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fave

Also, Milo is gay  :-http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/ATRL_Smilies_All/random/mskt8j_zpsfb323382.gif

Oh, ok! So it's like, you say the penis is your fave while I, being a heterosexual male, would pick Bad Religion as my fave. Now I get it! :P ;D

Milo is the ultimate self-hating religious fanatic beta cuck yet all the neckbeard Donald red pills still worship him. Oh boy. ::)

Written By: 80sfan on 12/30/16 at 11:44 am

But dude, that's actually super funny. You get to get back into the swing of things and troll with me again. Agents of the Red Pill 8)

The woman in this picture must be an optical illusion. These alpha red pill men would never be caught with a female in a social situation as they only spin plates.

Oh, ok! So it's like, you say the penis is your fave while I, being a heterosexual male, would pick Bad Religion as my fave. Now I get it! :P ;D

Milo is the ultimate self-hating religious fanatic beta cuck yet all the neckbeard Donald red pills still worship him. Oh boy. ::)

Republicans are animals!  >:(  >:(

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/30/16 at 11:47 am

What kind of animal, though? A sloth probably.

http://peacockshock.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/trump-sloth-lookalike.jpg

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 11:58 am

That's all we can hope for after OBONGO tries to implement the NEW WORLD ORDER within 3 weeks by starting WORLD WAR 3 with Russia, only for Trump to stop him and save humanity! It's exactly like in the Bible. These liberals have been supporting the anti-Christ the entire time. Their perversion knows no bounds.

The giant man with the pink hair looks... superfluous. Maybe he's causing the illusion.

You can have multiple faves, it just means fanboy.

The best part though is when Milo gets trolled by or trolls the alt right, since these two should really have nothing in common. He slept with a black guy and that threw the alt-right into an uproar. Then there was one time Milo said "the alt right is only pretending to be anti-semetic for the lolz" (he's Jewish) and he got told "no you kike, we're for real". Then when Milo made the "white privilege grant" which was a college scholarship for white males, but he pocketed all the donations and it never happened.

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 12:11 pm

Says the person who thinks their uncle was a MONKEY. and libtards say they're on the side of science?? explain why we still have monkeys??

Written By: Looney Toon on 12/30/16 at 12:17 pm

Says the person who thinks their uncle was a MONKEY. and libtards say they're on the side of science?? explain why we still have monkeys??

In short we have idiotic animals calling each other group idiotic animals.  ::)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/30/16 at 12:23 pm

That's all we can hope for after OBONGO tries to implement the NEW WORLD ORDER within 3 weeks by starting WORLD WAR 3 with Russia, only for Trump to stop him and save humanity! It's exactly like in the Bible. These liberals have been supporting the anti-Christ the entire time. Their perversion knows no bounds.

I can't wait for god emperor to bring us back to the glory days of the 1950's when girls were girls and men were men. I am a conservative traditionalist. Yes, being a jobless Everquest addict who drinks too much Mountain Dew and eats too much Cheetos is very traditionalist and manly. 8)

The giant man with the pink hair looks... superfluous. Maybe he's causing the illusion.

His beard creates illusions. :o

You can have multiple faves, it just means fanboy.

Pitbull is another fave of mine. 8)

The best part though is when Milo gets trolled by or trolls the alt right, since these two should really have nothing in common. He slept with a black guy and that threw the alt-right into an uproar. Then there was one time Milo said "the alt right is only pretending to be anti-semetic for the lolz" (he's Jewish) and he got told "no you kike, we're for real". Then when Milo made the "white privilege grant" which was a college scholarship for white males, but he pocketed all the donations and it never happened.

Lol I remember that "white privilege grant"! That sh!t was hilarious. His followers give the guy thousands of dollars just for his merch alone. ::) And then there's those MGTOW guys who have conflicting feelings over someone like Lauren Southern. "She is a woman but she believes in our cause!" "NO! Don't be tempted! It's only a front! She is trying to manipulate us!" Nobody likes each other in the alt-right.

The left is so anti-science!!!!

Now here I am, right wing red pill Jordan, to tell you guys about my red pill scientific study on how women are biologically hardwired to serve men and work in the kitchen.

Toon join us!!! Come troll with us and help us spread the word of the alt right red pill alpha males. 8)

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 12:31 pm

😠😠😠😠😠😠😠 f u libtard. why do u love isis and killing babies

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 12:32 pm

have fun protecting yourself without guns

Written By: Slim95 on 12/30/16 at 12:34 pm

What a hipster...  ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/30/16 at 12:40 pm

What a hipster...  ;D

You misspelled 'alpha male'.

have fun protecting yourself without guns

-lDb0Dn8OXE

Written By: 80sfan on 12/30/16 at 1:11 pm

We need to preserve nature.  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 12/30/16 at 1:12 pm

Sloths are so slow, they'll ruin all of us.   

Written By: annimal on 12/30/16 at 1:41 pm

^ he he

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/30/16 at 2:23 pm

I wonder if you're a brony, Jordan? It's no wonder why these people are cuckservatives.  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 2:46 pm

I can't wait for god emperor to bring us back to the glory days of the 1950's when girls were girls and men were men. I am a conservative traditionalist. Yes, being a jobless Everquest addict who drinks too much Mountain Dew and eats too much Cheetos is very traditionalist and manly. 8)

Yes, especially now after he'll remove all the (((globalist))) Wall Street bankers from Washington and bring in God-fearing hard working CHRISTIAN men to set this country straight. #DrainTheSwamp

We finally have our country back!

His beard creates illusions. :o

He has no beard  :o What kind of illusion... This is dark sided!! I rebuke it in the name of the lord!! Gargoyles! PHYSICS! EVERYTHING'S UNGODLY!

Pitbull is another fave of mine. 8)

Your faves are whatever is trash, basically.

Lol I remember that "white privilege grant"! That sh!t was hilarious. His followers give the guy thousands of dollars just for his merch alone. ::) And then there's those MGTOW guys who have conflicting feelings over someone like Lauren Southern. "She is a woman but she believes in our cause!" "NO! Don't be tempted! It's only a front! She is trying to manipulate us!" Nobody likes each other in the alt-right.

I hope they eventually eat each other. Sadly, I think it's more likely that Team Sanders and Team Obama will eat each other in 2020 rather than the other way around :(

The left is so anti-science!!!!

Now here I am, right wing red pill Jordan, to tell you guys about my red pill scientific study on how women are biologically hardwired to serve men and work in the kitchen.

The left never wants to hear about REAL science! They think women and men are equal, but can a woman pee standing up? Sorry liberals but it's SCIENCE and FACTS. Women can't do half the things that men can. They are NOT  created equal!!  God created woman to be pregnant, and the man to impregnate.

Written By: Howard on 12/30/16 at 2:58 pm

Hope life was good for you, though.

It was an OK year.

Written By: Howard on 12/30/16 at 3:00 pm

;D

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 3:01 pm

You misspelled 'alpha male'.

-lDb0Dn8OXE

;D ;D ;D Conservatives have not changed one bit

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 3:08 pm

We need to preserve nature.  :o

And our heritage.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/30/16 at 3:16 pm

;D ;D ;D Conservatives have not changed one bit

Except they probably toned down on the communist subject, and replaced communist with socialist.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/30/16 at 3:52 pm

I thought you said you loved 2000s music.

No I don't like any mainstream music really. Except Eminem because he was mainstream in the 2000s.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/30/16 at 4:07 pm

No I don't like any mainstream music really. Except Eminem because he was mainstream in the 2000s.

Eminem's still mainstream right now.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/30/16 at 4:27 pm

No he isn't. He had number 1 hits back in the early 2000s and he was all the talk and constantly played through mainstream music. He is not mainstream now as he was in the 2000s, not to mention he hasn't released an album in 3 years. An example of a mainstream rapper today is Drake, not Eminem. Remember mainstream doesn't equal famous.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/30/16 at 4:32 pm

No he isn't. He had number 1 hits back in the early 2000s and he was all the talk and constantly played through mainstream music. He is not mainstream now as he was in the 2000s, not to mention he hasn't released an album in 3 years. An example of a mainstream rapper today is Drake, not Eminem. Remember mainstream doesn't equal famous.

Well to put it correctly, he's still relevant.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/30/16 at 4:33 pm

Well to put it correctly, he's still relevant.

Yes but much less than he was in his prime during the early 2000s.

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 4:37 pm

Except they probably toned down on the communist subject, and replaced communist with socialist.

That doesn't sound like toning down to me ;D

When we got out the plane in Florida, the first thing my brother said was "you can smell the communism in the air"

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/30/16 at 4:51 pm

When we got out the plane in Florida, the first thing my brother said was "you can smell the communism in the air"

I guess he thought the Cuban immigrants were communists, even though they were targeted by Castro's army.  ???

Written By: Slim95 on 12/30/16 at 4:55 pm

There's nothing wrong with socialism. Look how well countries like Sweden and Norway are doing. And Canada is much more socialist than the U.S. and we are better off as well. Socialism rules! Free health care ftw!  8)

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 4:57 pm

I guess he thought the Cuban immigrants were communists, even though they were targeted by Castro's army.  ???

No it was an Obama joke. It was in Orlando, I thought Miami was known for Cubans? The Hispanic guys in Orlando made me wet though  :-X :-X :-X :-X

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 5:13 pm

There's nothing wrong with socialism. Look how well countries like Sweden and Norway are doing. And Canada is much more socialist than the U.S. and we are better off as well. Socialism rules! Free health care ftw!  8)

Norway has a f*ckton of oil which lets them do things that other countries would never be able to afford. Sweden is ehhh, it's okay but not heaven. They mostly do well because they have good labour rights and gender equality, but they don't do exceptionally. I like Canada more than the US because it's more socially progressive/enlightened and less dumb religious/racist sh*t,  but economically the US does slightly better (because they had Obama and we had dumbass Harper, to be fair). The health care down there is f*cked up though, I can agree with you on that. It's not as if ours is perfect though ;D Although, I like it, it does what it advertises and it's not crazy expensive.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/30/16 at 5:18 pm

No it was an Obama joke. It was in Orlando, I thought Miami was known for Cubans? The Hispanic guys in Orlando made me wet though  :-X :-X :-X :-X

Oh.  :-
Norway has a f*ckton of oil which lets them do things that other countries would never be able to afford. Sweden is ehhh, it's okay but not heaven. They mostly do well because they have good labour rights and gender equality, but they don't do exceptionally. I like Canada more than the US because it's more socially progressive/enlightened and less dumb religious/racist sh*t,  but economically the US does slightly better (because they had Obama and we had dumbass Harper, to be fair). The health care down there is f*cked up though, I can agree with you on that. It's not as if ours is perfect though ;D Although Although, I like it, it does what it advertises and it's not crazy expensive.

I agree with you there. If you were an American citizen, you're lucky if you're disabled or older than 65, in which you could apply for Medicaid/Medicare. But if you aren't, then you're f*cked, and you have to look for something that has health insurance benefits.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/30/16 at 5:23 pm

Norway has a f*ckton of oil which lets them do things that other countries would never be able to afford. Sweden is ehhh, it's okay but not heaven. They mostly do well because they have good labour rights and gender equality, but they don't do exceptionally. I like Canada more than the US because it's more socially progressive/enlightened and less dumb religious/racist sh*t,  but economically the US does slightly better (because they had Obama and we had dumbass Harper, to be fair). The health care down there is f*cked up though, I can agree with you on that. It's not as if ours is perfect though ;D Although, I like it, it does what it advertises and it's not crazy expensive.

Well you know if it wasn't for socialism there would be no free public health care.  There wouldn't be other basic social services and retirement care too. ;D

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 5:33 pm

Well you know if it wasn't for socialism there would be no free public health care.  There wouldn't be other basic social services and retirement care too. ;D

That's true. I'm not a hardcore capitalist, I'm a bit more nuanced than that lol (my brother who actually made the joke is a self-professed socialist though, but I think he just has Bernie fever, he didn't care about politics before 2015).

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/30/16 at 10:10 pm

I wonder if you're a brony, Jordan? It's no wonder why these people are cuckservatives.  ;D

Aren't those guys the same thing as furries!? Gross! 8-P

Yes, especially now after he'll remove all the (((globalist))) Wall Street bankers from Washington and bring in God-fearing hard working CHRISTIAN men to set this country straight. #DrainTheSwamp

We finally have our country back!

It feels good to be a Christian American!!!! The left is so anti-science with all their social justice but me, a right wing red pill traditionalist christian who's addicted to everquest and drinks too much mountain dew, is very enlightened and intelligent. I am on science's side. Let's take away this country from bad hombres and put it back in to the hands of people like us, true examples of Americans.

http://abload.de/img/notchllumh.jpg

My good lady 'Merica...

He has no beard  :o What kind of illusion... This is dark sided!! I rebuke it in the name of the lord!! Gargoyles! PHYSICS! EVERYTHING'S UNGODLY!

The red pill defies physics! 8)

Your faves are whatever is class, basically. Go Mr. Worldwide!! 8)

I edited your post because I know you can't afford to be so wrong about something.

I hope they eventually eat each other. Sadly, I think it's more likely that Team Sanders and Team Obama will eat each other in 2020 rather than the other way around :(

The right is so divided themselves that I think both sides might eat themselves whole. Reddit will guide us through this tough political time... r/The_Donald and r/RedPill, subreddits made by people who have active healthy social lives and no everquest addictions at all.

The left never wants to hear about REAL science! They think women and men are equal, but can a woman pee standing up? Sorry liberals but it's SCIENCE and FACTS. Women can't do half the things that men can. They are NOT  created equal!!  God created woman to be pregnant, and the man to impregnate.

It makes me so mad!!!! >:( >:( >:( As a good jobless, traditionalist Christian American with an Everquest/Mountain Dew addiction who believes in this country it makes me so mad to see the anti-science ways of the left corrupt our culture into something so sick and vile!! Women? Ha!! The 50's was right! Women belong in the kitchen to cook for the men and to make the babies I would know because I read a pseudo-science rant on reddit written by a neckbeard of my own ilk explain to me his biological theory of how all women are whores and why men are meant to spin plates! IT IS TRUE! I AM RIGHT THE LEFT IS WRONG! I AM NOT LIKE OTHER MILLENNIALS! I AM DIFFERENT! >:(

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/30/16 at 10:16 pm

That's ironic. Alt-right Internet trolls tend to remind me of furries or bronies with their sheer power of size, relentlessness, and tendency to piss off others. ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/30/16 at 10:18 pm

That's ironic. Alt-right Internet trolls tend to remind me of furries or bronies with their sheer power of size, relentlessness, and tendency to piss off others. ;D

I believe there is a venn diagram where alt right trolls and furries seem to cross. ::)

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/30/16 at 10:19 pm

Contrary to popular belief, however, the number of celebrity deaths this year is actually the same as, or lower than, the previous years on average.

I think it's a case of more A-list celebrities dying this year than any year since 2009, while other years involved more B-list or C-list celebrities.

Baby boomers didn't take care of themselves (not an insult, it's a statistical fact) and now many of their brightest shining stars are abruptly burning out.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/30/16 at 10:21 pm

It feels good to be a Christian American!!!! The left is so anti-science with all their social justice but me, a right wing red pill traditionalist christian who's addicted to everquest and drinks too much mountain dew, is very enlightened and intelligent. I am on science's side. Let's take away this country from bad hombres and put it back in to the hands of people like us, true examples of Americans.

http://abload.de/img/notchllumh.jpg

My good lady 'Merica...

The red pill defies physics! 8)

I edited your post because I know you can't afford to be so wrong about something.

The right is so divided themselves that I think both sides might eat themselves whole. Reddit will guide us through this tough political time... r/The_Donald and r/RedPill, subreddits made by people who have active healthy social lives and no everquest addictions at all.

It makes me so mad!!!! >:( >:( >:( As a good jobless, traditionalist Christian American with an Everquest/Mountain Dew addiction who believes in this country it makes me so mad to see the anti-science ways of the left corrupt our culture into something so sick and vile!! Women? Ha!! The 50's was right! Women belong in the kitchen to cook for the men and to make the babies I would know because I read a pseudo-science rant on reddit written by a neckbeard of my own ilk explain to me his biological theory of how all women are whores and why men are meant to spin plates! IT IS TRUE! I AM RIGHT THE LEFT IS WRONG! I AM NOT LIKE OTHER MILLENNIALS! I AM DIFFERENT! >:(

I think you've been drinking too much Mountain Dew...  ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/30/16 at 10:22 pm

I think you've been drinking too much Mountain Dew...  ;D

I've been drinking all the flavors except for "Getting Laid". It's a flavor of Mountain Dew I hear many talk about yet one I am not too familiar with.

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/30/16 at 10:25 pm

In all honesty, a lot of the alt-right is contrarian "for the lulz" teenagers (though some of them are actually committed to their cause).

I'm sure that when Trump takes over, pop culture and the mainstream may take more of a red-blooded chest-beating nationalist feel to it, and the counterculture pendulum will swing to the other side. We might even see a return of punk rock.

Hey, it happened with Bush.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/30/16 at 10:28 pm

In all honesty, a lot of the alt-right is contrarian "for the lulz" teenagers (though some of them are actually committed to their cause).

I'm sure that when Trump takes over, pop culture and the mainstream may take more of a red-blooded chest-beating nationalist feel to it, and the counterculture pendulum will swing to the other side. We might even see a return of punk rock.

There was very little good Punk Rock with Bush... 8-P

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/30/16 at 10:30 pm

Well, most of those people on that picture wore MLP pictures.

Or they could just put in political satire that makes fun of the Republican Party, which also happened with '43 Bush.

There was very little good Punk Rock with Bush... 8-P

Green Day wouldn't make one of the greatest 2000s rock albums if it wasn't for Bush.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/30/16 at 10:48 pm

I remember Glee became huge during the early Obama years. Then by 2010, every female artist was going for the feminist stance for themselves. I wonder if those changes had partly had to do with Obama's influence.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/30/16 at 10:50 pm

I remember Glee became huge during the early Obama years. Then by 2010, every female artist was going for the feminist stance for themselves. I wonder if those changes had partly had to do with Obama's influence.

I couldn't stand Glee by the time it premiered on Fox. I was really happy when it ended last year.

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 10:55 pm

If it was the for the lulz then how did they get so far ??? I thought it was for the lolz too and "surely no one is that stupid", but nope Trump won and people actually think this stuff.

And pop punk existed before Bush.

Infinity was right the counterculture is in R&B. No one wants to listen to sissy rock. Did you see Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar collab? People in 2050 will listen to it like we listen to Nina Simone today :o

ElJhoGzTnXU

Written By: 80sfan on 12/30/16 at 10:57 pm

I couldn't stand Glee by the time it premiered on Fox. I was really happy when it ended last year.

I loved the first two seasons, and thought the third was decent. Then it was downhill after that. :P

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/30/16 at 10:59 pm

I loved the first two seasons, and thought the third was decent. Then it was downhill after that. :P

The first few seasons was when everybody kept talking about it. After 2012, people just stopped watching the show and it kept on airing until last year.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/30/16 at 11:03 pm

If it was the for the lulz then how did they get so far ??? I thought it was for the lolz too, but nope the discourse actually got this bad.

Infinity was right the counterculture is in R&B. No one wants to listen to sissy rock. Did you see Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar collab? People in 2050 will listen to it like we listen to Nina Simone today :o

ElJhoGzTnXU

Rebellion kind of went out of style circa 1995.

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/16 at 11:47 pm

Rebellion kind of went out of style circa 1995.

Maybe rebellion for the sake of rebellion ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 12/31/16 at 12:41 am

If it was the for the lulz then how did they get so far ??? I thought it was for the lolz too and "surely no one is that stupid", but nope Trump won and people actually think this stuff.

ElJhoGzTnXU

Yeah I have a feeling R&B will make a comeback too. But if punk rock comes back as well, I won't complain. It could easily come back if people are sick of that crap on the radio these days.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 6:31 am

Green Day wouldn't make one of the greatest 2000s rock albums if it wasn't for Bush.

Good grief, Charlie Brown, you're such a troll. ::) While you're not wrong listen to the lyrics, there's nothing political about it.

Also, that album is nothing more than a stupid faux-emo record. It's just as bad as some Cute is What We Aim For or Boys Like Girls album.

ElJhoGzTnXU

This to the first two points. The last one? Lets bring back rock... 8-P

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/31/16 at 6:36 am

Good grief, Charlie Brown, you're such a troll. ::) While you're not wrong listen to the lyrics, there's nothing political about it.

Hey man, a lot of post-1987 Millennials like American Idiot... unironically. Probably because they heard it in elementary/middle/high school. Or because they never heard Dookie and how much better Green Day supposedly was in the 90s. :P

I've never listened to a single Green Day song so I can neither confirm nor deny this.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 6:43 am

Hey man, a lot of post-1987 Millennials like American Idiot... unironically. Probably because they heard it in elementary/middle/high school. Or because they never heard Dookie and how much better Green Day supposedly was in the 90s. :P

I've never listened to a single Green Day song so I can neither confirm nor deny this.

Yeah, that's probably it but... Zelek, really? Dude, you were born in '90, I'd expect you to be familiar with both records. :P

Good Green Day:
C7eXT6qKjmY

Sh!t Green Day:
BKNlWexbGQc

One of the things you've gotta compare here is the songwriting. Both songs deal with alienation and depression; just read the lyrics and you'll see how much stronger older albums like Dookie are compared to American Idiot. Having a Blast is one of the best things Billie ever wrote whereas all of American Idiot is complete garbage and a totally awful record.

What's that sound? Oh yeah, that's the sound of Green Day's balls being chopped off. ::)

Written By: Howard on 12/31/16 at 7:48 am

He's not even in the spotlight.

Written By: Howard on 12/31/16 at 7:50 am

I've been drinking all the flavors except for "Getting Laid". It's a flavor of Mountain Dew I hear many talk about yet one I am not too familiar with.

I'll have what you're having.

Written By: 2001 on 12/31/16 at 8:18 am

:o :o :o

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 9:00 am

Also, that album is nothing more than a stupid faux-emo record. It's just as bad as some Cute is What We Aim For or Boys Like Girls album.

American Idiot was the GOAT album, though.

American Idiot was our American anthem of the mid 2000s. Same with "Wake Me Up When September Ends", "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", and "Holiday". By the way, Dookie just sounds like any other 90s rock album.  :P

Written By: #Infinity on 12/31/16 at 12:06 pm

Yeah, that's probably it but... Zelek, really? Dude, you were born in '90, I'd expect you to be familiar with both records. :P

My mom had no idea who Green Day were at all until American Idiot came out. I think she may have heard "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" beforehand, but I sadly had to explain to her how Dookie was just as big in the mid-90s as American Idiot was in the mid-2000s...just with a different audience.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 1:16 pm

My mom had no idea who Green Day were at all until American Idiot came out. I think she may have heard "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" beforehand, but I sadly had to explain to her how Dookie was just as big in the mid-90s as American Idiot was in the mid-2000s...just with a different audience.

THIS!

American Idiot was the mid 2000s version of Dookie.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 1:23 pm

American Idiot was the GOAT album, though.

American Idiot was our American anthem of the mid 2000s. Same with "Wake Me Up When September Ends", "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", and "Holiday". By the way, Dookie just sounds like any other 90s rock album.  :P

American Idiot sounds just like any other 00's rock album. In 1994, Green Day brough the Pop Punk revival to the mainstream; you have to give it the proper context and not just write it off as "just another 90's album" just because you prefer their later success. That's like me saying Bad Religion's Suffer sounds like every other Epi-Fat record (despite the fact that I do love Epi-Fat) even though it was the first of it's kind when it came out in 1988. American Idiot is literally Green Day jumping on the Fall Out Boy faux-emo trend that started in 2003.

THIS!

American Idiot was the mid 2000s version of Dookie.

I don't see how. Not only did they turn into a completely different band by then, they were no longer the spearheads of a cultural movement like they were in 1994 with The Offspring. Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance started that whole thing and they were content with jumping on the bandwagon just to remain relevant. It's true American Idiot was a huge, huge success and probably the most successful faux-Emo album but they had lost the genuine quality that made those of us who got into them in 1994 love the band. Comparing the two albums themselves is like comparing apples and oranges. It's a completely different sound and mood.

That's unfortunate. :-\\

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 2:05 pm

American Idiot sounds just like any other 00's rock album. In 1994, Green Day brough the Pop Punk revival to the mainstream; you have to give it the proper context and not just write it off as "just another 90's album" just because you prefer their later success. That's like me saying Bad Religion's Suffer sounds like every other Epi-Fat record (despite the fact that I do love Epi-Fat) even though it was the first of it's kind when it came out in 1988. American Idiot is literally Green Day jumping on the Fall Out Boy faux-emo trend that started in 2003.

American Idiot is what revived Green Day's career in the mid-late 2000s. People will never forget that album existed up until the day the world ends. It would be shown at many rock museums around the mid 21st century. By the way, Bad Religion's Suffer sounds way better than Green Day's Dookie.

I don't see how. Not only did they turn into a completely different band by then, they were no longer the spearheads of a cultural movement like they were in 1994 with The Offspring. Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance started that whole thing and they were content with jumping on the bandwagon just to remain relevant. It's true American Idiot was a huge, huge success and probably the most successful faux-Emo album but they had lost the genuine quality that made those of us who got into them in 1994 love the band. Comparing the two albums themselves is like comparing apples and oranges. It's a completely different sound and mood.

How about this? Dookie's like the pre-1987 Millennial anthem, like American Idiot's like the post-1987 Millennial anthem. Frankly, it seems like that since 1987 babies were high school seniors by the time American Idiot was released.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 3:26 pm

American Idiot is what revived Green Day's career in the mid-late 2000s. People will never forget that album existed up until the day the world ends. It would be shown at many rock museums around the mid 21st century. By the way, Bad Religion's Suffer sounds way better than Green Day's Dookie.

Well, no, you're just letting your bias exaggerate it's impact. Dookie you could make a case for as it's one of the highest selling records of all time (Clocking in at 20 million copies sold and certified diamond https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums) whereas American Idiot was immensely popular and it was close to doing so but ultimately didn't match the same success as Dookie. It's not gonna be remembered as fondly as Dookie and that's a fact.

I agree about Suffer. That's one of the best Punk Rock records of all time.

How about this? Dookie's like the pre-1987 Millennial anthem, like American Idiot's like the post-1987 Millennial anthem. Frankly, it seems like that since 1987 babies were high school seniors by the time American Idiot was released.

The whole pre/post-1987 thing's a joke I didn't even start. :P Besides, we don't need to get into generations all over again. ::) American Idiot is for teens of the 00's whereas Dookie is for teens of the 90's. They're still very different records; apples and oranges.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/31/16 at 3:32 pm

Well, no, you're just letting your bias exaggerate it's impact. Dookie you could make a case for as it's one of the highest selling records of all time (Clocking in at 20 million copies sold and certified diamond https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums) whereas American Idiot was immensely popular and it was close to doing so but ultimately didn't match the same success as Dookie. It's not gonna be remembered as fondly as Dookie and that's a fact.

I agree about Suffer. That's one of the best Punk Rock records of all time.

The whole pre/post-1987 thing's a joke I didn't even start. :P Besides, we don't need to get into generations all over again. ::) American Idiot is for teens of the 00's whereas Dookie is for teens of the 90's. They're still very different records; apples and oranges.

I remember American Idiot being huge in America. Not so sure about worldwide. But it sold really great for 2005, because album sales were already down the tubes in 2005 already.

But you're right, Dookie is their biggest seller, and most remembered album, in Green Day's career.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/31/16 at 3:33 pm

American Idiot has sold 6.1 million records, in America, alone. That's really good, for 2005, and just good, in general.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 3:43 pm

It won a Grammy award for "Best Rock Album" in 2005, along with a "Record of the Year" award for Boulevard of Broken Dreams in 2006. I'm just saying that since the album turned the Iraq War into a satire.

And as a person who likes 2000s teen culture, I respect the fact that it's like that. Where as to Dookie, I barely have any interest with the album. 2000s Green Day FTW!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 4:00 pm

I remember American Idiot being huge in America. Not so sure about worldwide. But it sold really great for 2005, because album sales were already down the tubes in 2005 already.

But you're right, Dookie is their biggest seller, and most remembered album, in Green Day's career.

Totally. American Idiot was huge when it came out but it only sold 6.1 million in the US compared to Dookie's 10 million. If Green Day broke up in 2003, they'd still be hailed as one of the greatest rock bands of all time. If their debut was American Idiot, their reception wouldn't be so fond.

It won a Grammy award for "Best Rock Album" in 2005, along with a "Record of the Year" award for Boulevard of Broken Dreams in 2006. I'm just saying that since the album turned the Iraq War into a satire.

So? Dookie sold 20 million worldwide and was certified Diamond in more than one country. Two grammy awards aren't much compared to that. I dunno how you can say American Idiot is gonna be remembered a million years in the future even though it's Dookie that has an amazing amount of success. Dude, it's one of the best selling records of all time! American Idiot doesn't even hit that close!

And it's not a satire of the Iraq War. The album was only marketed as a political protest album when in reality, it's just a badly written concept album (and a sh!tty Zen Arcade rip-off at that) that Billie Joe and his inflated ego thought was "so good!!!". Only two songs on the album are political and they're written with nothing more than blanket statements that don't touch on any real issues of the time. Bad Religion's Empire Strikes First is a real political album that dealt with real issues, not American Idiot. Even if it was actually political (which it isn't), I don't see how it being a "satire of the Iraq War" is something that'll have it placed in rock museums and loved for thousands of years as that's a very specific time and place that won't be relevant in a million years and isn't even relevant today. Dookie is timeless.

And as a person who likes 2000s teen culture, I respect the fact that it's like that. Where as to Dookie, I barely have any interest with the album. 2000s Green Day FTW!

Just because you like 00s teen culture doesn't mean Dookie is a bad album but you like what you like. I'd give it a couple of listens if I were you and you might find you actually like it.

Written By: 2001 on 12/31/16 at 4:30 pm

fjiabfisbidojfiwkndjsikak when did you change your avatar!!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 4:42 pm

fjiabfisbidojfiwkndjsikak when did you change your avatar!!

Ever since I decided I wanted to be a troll and assume the identity of a ring wing red pill neckbeard. :P

Written By: 2001 on 12/31/16 at 4:43 pm

As a spokesperson for the useful, alpha male post-1987 millennials, I first heard of Green Day when Avril Lavigne did a cover of Basketcase. Then I got into a few other Green Day songs like Espionage, She, When I Come Around, Good Riddance etc. That was all in 2003 before American Idiot. Green Day was already a household name before American Idiot. Their name popped up everywhere in the early 2000s. Not that American Idiot didn't get me more obsessed with Green Day than I already was.

Speaking as a "2000s teen" though, I'd say I liked 21st Century Breakdown and Shenanigans more than American Idiot ;D American Idiot was still great though, eff y'all haters! I walk alone I walk alone.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 4:46 pm

Shenanigans came out in 2002 so you can't count it among your other sh!tty 00s records as real Green Day had yet to die. ;)

Written By: 2001 on 12/31/16 at 4:48 pm

Shenanigans came out in 2002 so you can't count it among your other sh!tty 00s records as real Green Day had yet to die. ;)

Regardless, all three are better than Warning ☕

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 4:50 pm

Regardless, all three are better than Warning ☕

I thought Warning was a great record! :P

Written By: 2001 on 12/31/16 at 4:54 pm

I thought Warning was a great record! :P

You thought wrong ☕

Just kidding. It says more about how great 21st Century Breakdown and American Idiot were than anything :P ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 4:57 pm

You thought wrong ☕

Just kidding. It says more about how great 21st Century Breakdown and American Idiot were than anything :P ;D

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1257003814239.jpg

Dookie and Insomniac are the best. 8)

Written By: 2001 on 12/31/16 at 5:02 pm

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1257003814239.jpg

Dookie and Insomniac are the best. 8)

That I can't deny or even troll about  :-[

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 5:04 pm

That I can't deny or even troll about  :-[

Of course not. ;)

Man, I miss those days. Alien Workshop deck with Dookie in my Walkman. Good times.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 5:04 pm

So? Dookie sold 20 million worldwide and was certified Diamond in more than one country. Two grammy awards aren't much compared to that. I dunno how you can say American Idiot is gonna be remembered a million years in the future even though it's Dookie that has an amazing amount of success. Dude, it's one of the best selling records of all time! American Idiot doesn't even hit that close!

It's not like 20 million copies of Dookie would do the same thing at a rock museum realistically. The only people who listened to it back then were teenagers and young adults, who wanted to find their own taste in music. Green Day wouldn't really be as legendary as something like Elvis, The Beatles, or Chuck Berry. Especially during the career in the 90s.

And it's not a satire of the Iraq War. The album was only marketed as a political protest album when in reality, it's just a badly written concept album (and a sh!tty Zen Arcade rip-off at that) that Billie Joe and his inflated ego thought was "so good!!!". Only two songs on the album are political and they're written with nothing more than blanket statements that don't touch on any real issues of the time.

To be fair, I think I was only caring about American Idiot, which was the only political song of the album. Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, and Holiday tends to talk about emotional stuff in general. So, I guess I thought about it way too much.

Dookie is timeless.

You just say that because you love the 90s so much.

Just because you like 00s teen culture doesn't mean Dookie is a bad album but you like what you like. I'd give it a couple of listens if I were you and you might find you actually like it.

I kinda listened to it, and I thought it wasn't really that great.  :P

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/31/16 at 5:07 pm

Alright, let's stop talking about Green Day and get back to why 2016 sucks.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 5:13 pm

It's not like 20 million copies of Dookie would do the same thing at a rock museum realistically. The only people who listened to it back then were teenagers and young adults, who wanted to find their own taste in music. Green Day wouldn't really be as legendary as something like Elvis, The Beatles, or Chuck Berry. Especially during the career in the 90s.

People of all ages listened to Dookie. It was most popular with teenagers and young adults but that doesn't mean older people didn't enjoy it. My dad liked Dookie, too.

To be fair, I think I was only caring about American Idiot, which was the only political song of the album. Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, and Holiday tends to talk about emotional stuff in general. So, I guess I thought about it way too much.

Fair enough.

You just say that because you love the 90s so much.

Why would I call you out on your bias if I was doing the same thing? I say that because it's sold just as many copies as Michael Jackson's Off The Wall and Prince's Purple Rain worldwide (20 mil) and just as many copies as Nirvana's Nevermind in the US (10 mil). If American Idiot sold as much then I'd be saying the same thing about that album. The album sold just as much as a Michael Jackson and Prince album released during the peaks of both their careers. Take that in.

I kinda listened to it, and I thought it wasn't really that great.  :P

Ok, that's fine.

But I gotta get my point in. :P

2016 sucks because Green Day's new album is complete dog sh!t. There. ;)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 5:14 pm

As a spokesperson for the useful, alpha male post-1987 millennials, I first heard of Green Day when Avril Lavigne did a cover of Basketcase. Then I got into a few other Green Day songs like Espionage, She, When I Come Around, Good Riddance etc. That was all in 2003 before American Idiot. Green Day was already a household name before American Idiot. Their name popped up everywhere in the early 2000s. Not that American Idiot didn't get me more obsessed with Green Day than I already was.

In an ironic twist, I first heard of Green Day from The Simpsons Movie. I did heard of American Idiot from some of the AMVs on YouTube during the late 2000s. But I never listened to their full album until 2014.

Speaking as a "2000s teen" though, I'd say I liked 21st Century Breakdown and Shenanigans more than American Idiot ;D American Idiot was still great though, eff y'all haters! I walk alone I walk alone.

Okay. American Idiot had a great set of songs though. Especially Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

Says the other people who whined about how 90s and early 2000s bands were greater than stuff like American Idiot.  :P

Although, some bands like System of a Down had a better debut within their career.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 5:26 pm

People of all ages listened to Dookie. It was most popular with teenagers and young adults but that doesn't mean older people didn't enjoy it. My dad liked Dookie, too.

As much as your dad like 90s Green Day, my parents liked other 90s bands.

Why would I call you out on your bias if I was doing the same thing? I say that because it's sold just as many copies as Michael Jackson's Off The Wall and Prince's Purple Rain worldwide (20 mil) and just as many copies as Nirvana's Nevermind in the US (10 mil). If American Idiot sold as much then I'd be saying the same thing about that album. The album sold just as much as a Michael Jackson and Prince album released during the peaks of both their careers. Take that in.

Okay. 2000s Green Day didn't do as good as 90s Green Day, but American Idiot is still influential towards society.

2016 sucks because Green Day's new album is complete dog sh!t. There. ;)

American Idiot was 1000x better.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 5:29 pm

As much as your dad like 90s Green Day, my parents liked other 90s bands.

My point was that Green Day had good pop sensibilities during the Dookie era that could appeal to many other people.

Okay. 2000s Green Day didn't do as good as 90s Green Day, but American Idiot is still influential towards society.

And I'm not denying that, I'm just saying that Dookie was a bigger success and is the record that will be remember for years to come.

American Idiot was 1000x better.

I don't like either.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 5:40 pm

My point was that Green Day had good pop sensibilities during the Dookie era that could appeal to many other people.

So did any other band from any era. Unless it was targeted towards a specific demographic.

And I'm not denying that, I'm just saying that Dookie was a bigger success and is the record that will be remember for years to come.

In a sense, it would just be remembered as one of those rock albums in the 90s. Sure, it was big towards a lot of people back in the mid 90s, but who else would criticize about it? American Idiot is like the same, except it was released in the mid 2000s.

I don't like either.

American Idiot is better.

Written By: Howard on 12/31/16 at 5:40 pm

Thank You Zelek.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 6:57 pm

In a sense, it would just be remembered as one of those rock albums in the 90s. Sure, it was big towards a lot of people back in the mid 90s, but who else would criticize about it? American Idiot is like the same, except it was released in the mid 2000s.

Like I said, Dookie sold just as many copies worldwide as influential records like Off The Wall and Purple Rain; records released during both of those artists peak. Honestly, that's a pretty heavy accomplishment. It's much more than just "one of those rock albums from the 90's" based on it's success alone. 

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 7:05 pm

Like I said, Dookie sold just as many copies worldwide as influential records like Off The Wall and Purple Rain; records released during both of those artists peak. Honestly, that's a pretty heavy accomplishment. It's much more than just "one of those rock albums from the 90's" based on it's success alone.

Any person that wasn't into 80s pop would say the same thing about "Purple Rain" and "Off The Wall". Green Day's Dookie is just like a mid 90s young adult anthem. People in America, especially older adults, could have a great taste in it. But like American Idiot, it's like another young adult anthem. I could be a hypocrite on this one, but it's somehow true. One got over 20 million copies sold, while one got two Grammy Awards (one for Best Rock Album, and one for Best Record of the Year).

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 7:14 pm

Any person that wasn't into 80s pop would say the same thing about "Purple Rain" and "Off The Wall". Green Day's Dookie is just like a mid 90s young adult anthem. People in America, especially older adults, could have a great taste in it. But like American Idiot, it's like another young adult anthem. I could be a hypocrite on this one, but it's somehow true. One got over 20 million copies sold, while one got two Grammy Awards (one for Best Rock Album, and one for Best Record of the Year).

Purple Rain is 80's but Off The Wall is a late 70's record... Anyway, those records are universally acclaimed, not just favored by specific 70's/80's pop fans. Same with Dookie. Much like Purple Rain and Off The Wall, it's well written, poppy and radio friendly enough to appeal to people even outside of it's specific genre demographic. How do you think it got that many sales in the first place? See, if Dookie only appealed to those into Pop Punk and it's influence never stretched greater then it would of sold maybe 10,000 like the current Green Day records do.
Two Grammys don't mean anything compared to 20 million copies sold and 2 diamond certifications in Canada and the US. The Grammy's credibility has always been questioned; the sales and certifications speak for themselves.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 7:31 pm

Purple Rain is 80's but Off The Wall is a late 70's record... Anyway, those records are universally acclaimed, not just favored by specific 70's/80's pop fans. Same with Dookie. Much like Purple Rain and Off The Wall, it's well written, poppy and radio friendly enough to appeal to people even outside of it's specific genre demographic. How do you think it got that many sales in the first place? See, if Dookie only appealed to those into Pop Punk and it's influence never stretched greater then it would of sold maybe 10,000 like the current Green Day records do.

Maybe people wanted to buy it because of how attracting 90s rock is. People thought that the 90s had more style than the 2000s, since it felt like its own. To the 2000s, it felt almost like an extension to the 90s to some people. I could disagree with that, but that's because I was mostly a kid who was obsessed with the Internet.

Two Grammys don't mean anything compared to 20 million copies sold and 2 diamond certifications in Canada and the US. The Grammy's credibility has always been questioned; the sales and certifications speak for themselves.

BOTH albums are influential to their era. 20 million copies along with 2 diamond certifications in North America happened after the album was released in 1994. With American Idiot, it was the band's first number one album in the United States, while selling 267,000 copies in its first week of release. It's nearly as good as Dookie in a statistic manner.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 7:44 pm

Maybe people wanted to buy it because of how attracting 90s rock is. People thought that the 90s had more style than the 2000s, since it felt like its own. To the 2000s, it felt almost like an extension to the 90s to some people. I could disagree with that, but that's because I was mostly a kid who was obsessed with the Internet.

Uhhh... I really don't get your point here.

BOTH albums are influential to their era. 20 million copies along with 2 diamond certifications in North America happened after the album was released in 1994. With American Idiot, it was the band's first number one album in the United States, while selling 267,000 copies in its first week of release. It's nearly as good as Dookie in a statistic manner.

...What? What kind of statistics are you using? Dookie was certified Diamond in 1999 in the US, only 5 years after it's release. In Canada, it was certified in 1995. I believe they reached the 20 million mark in 1999, too. American Idiot's been out since 2004, 12 years.  It hasn't even been close to reaching the amount of sales and influence that Dookie has achieved. In 14 years, American Idiot's sold 14 albums worldwide and only 6.1 in the US. It doesn't even have a Diamond certification so your statistics are wrong. American Idiot is not even close to Dookie's success.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 8:11 pm

...What? What kind of statistics are you using? Dookie was certified Diamond in 1999 in the US, only 5 years after it's release. In Canada, it was certified in 1995. I believe they reached the 20 million mark in 1999, too. American Idiot's been out since 2004, 12 years.  It hasn't even been close to reaching the amount of sales and influence that Dookie has achieved. In 14 years, American Idiot's sold 14 albums worldwide and only 6.1 in the US. It doesn't even have a Diamond certification so your statistics are wrong. American Idiot is not even close to Dookie's success.

You're joking, right? Have you seen anybody, especially in California, contribute to anything related to American Idiot? I mean, if you're talking about the facts, then that seems misinforming.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 8:19 pm

You're joking, right? Have you seen anybody, especially in California, contribute to anything related to American Idiot? I mean, if you're talking about the facts, then that seems misinforming.

Huh? What you said right now doesn't make any sense. How am I being misinforming!?

It's all right here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Day_discography

Certified Diamond by the RIAA on February 8th, 1999 with 10,000,000 sold in the US (5 years after release)
http://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&ar=GREEN+DAY&ti=DOOKIE

Certified Diamond by the MC on Novermber 21st. 1995 with 1,000,000 sold in CAN (1 year after release)
http://musiccanada.com/award/page/990/

American Idiot's been out for 12 years and it hasn't come close to those numbers. Explain to me how that's anything but factual because the proof is right in front of you.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 8:33 pm

Huh? What you said right now doesn't make any sense. How am I being misinforming!?

It's all right here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Day_discography

Certified Diamond by the RIAA on February 8th, 1999 with 10,000,000 sold in the US (5 years after release)
http://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&ar=GREEN+DAY&ti=DOOKIE

Certified Diamond by the MC on Novermber 21st. 1995 with 1,000,000 sold in CAN (1 year after release)
http://musiccanada.com/award/page/990/

American Idiot's been out for 12 years and it hasn't come close to those numbers. Explain to me how that's anything but factual because the proof is right in front of you.

Fine. It's the 90s version of Off The Wall and Purple Rain. I don't know what to say. I keep defending American Idiot, but the fact that you keep saying that Dookie is superior makes me feel like it is pure sh*t. I put out "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" as my signature for nothing then. It just turned out that Dookie just kicked its ass.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 8:35 pm

Fine. It's the 90s version of Off The Wall and Purple Rain. I don't know what to say. I keep defending American Idiot, but the fact that you keep saying that Dookie is superior makes me feel like it is pure sh*t. I put out "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" as my signature for nothing then. It just turned out that Dookie just kicked its ass.

I didn't mean to change your perception of the music itself, I just wanted to show you that Dookie is a much more influential and successful record. There's nothing wrong with you favoring American Idiot over their other records or anything like that. Sorry, dude.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 8:42 pm

I didn't mean to change your perception of the music itself, I just wanted to show you that Dookie is a much more influential and successful record. There's nothing wrong with you favoring American Idiot over their other records or anything like that. Sorry, dude.

I'm sorry. It's just that I get a bit sensitive over something like American Idiot. Although it's proven that Dookie did better than American Idiot, sales wise.

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/31/16 at 10:23 pm

Actually I was born in 95. :P

Those posts where I said I was born in 90 and bragged about being a "true 90s kid", I was trolling and playing a character. Similar to what you're doing with The Donald. ;)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 12/31/16 at 10:30 pm

I'm sorry. It's just that I get a bit sensitive over something like American Idiot. Although it's proven that Dookie did better than American Idiot, sales wise.

It's alright. I'm fairly emotionally attached to Dookie even after all these years.

Those posts where I said I was born in 90 and bragged about being a "true 90s kid", I was trolling and playing a character. Similar to what you're doing with The Donald. ;)

Well, f*ck, that explains a lot doesn't it. :P I'm really into Trump, though. #MAGAbrother #BasedMilo #RedPill #SpindemPlates #GoddessIvanka #GoddessSouthern #MGTOW #FauxRepublicanWomenAreTryingtoDeceiveMeButIAmTooSmartForThem #MountainDew #SexNeverHeardofIt

Written By: 80sfan on 12/31/16 at 10:52 pm

All I know is that 2017 will be 'edgy', and have a hardcore, intense, feel to it. That sweet, innocent, sugary, 2016, didn't have. 2017 will have a new image, more record sales means more $$$$$ for me!!!!!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/31/16 at 10:56 pm

It's alright. I'm fairly emotionally attached to Dookie even after all these years.

American Idiot is not something that I feel very emotionally attached towards. That belongs to Evanescence, even though they haven't made it huge for the past 10 years.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 01/01/17 at 12:31 am

Guess what, everyone, 2016 is officially ended and we're now in 2017.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/01/17 at 12:37 am

Not where I live lol

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/01/17 at 12:42 am

Your freezing libtard country doesn't matter, TRUMPMERICA for life baby.

http://images.ikwiz.com/files/ikwiz_users/redstate/20160225434726828.jpg

Just kidding. 8)

Written By: 2001 on 01/01/17 at 12:59 am

LMAOOOOO omg I don't know why this is so funny ;D

All those times you rustled jimmies by calling 1995 Gen Z ;D ;D

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/01/17 at 1:11 am

LMAOOOOO omg I don't know why this is so funny ;D

All those times you rustled jimmies by calling 1995 Gen Z ;D ;D

In 2015, the NYTimes said 1980-1995 is Millennials and 1996-2010 is Gen Z

Screw all you pansy 96 Zeds, 95 Millennials for life! Never mind the fact that we graduated in the same year and had nearly the same formative experiences, nope we are TOTALLY different because the media says we are. ;D

And we all know how honest and trustworthy the media is right? :o

Written By: 80sfan on 01/01/17 at 1:30 am

Just kidding. 8)

Trump really likes things larger than life, doesn't he?

Written By: 2001 on 01/01/17 at 1:35 am

In 2015, the NYTimes said 1980-1995 is Millennials and 1996-2010 is Gen Z

Screw all you pansy 96 Zeds, 95 Millennials for life! Never mind the fact that we graduated in the same year and had nearly the same formative experiences, nope we are TOTALLY different because the media says we are. ;D

And we all know how honest and trustworthy the media is right? :o

'95ers were in high school in 2009-2010 when ripped jeans were still a thing. '96ers missed out on this formative experience.

The (((Lügenpresse))) had me believe The Butcher of Benghazi would win, that's all that needs to be said.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/01/17 at 8:38 am

Just kidding. 8)

#BuildTheWall #DrainTheSwamp

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/01/17 at 9:51 am

Just kidding. 8)

I thought it was gonna be HUGE. It looks like a bootleg of the Great Wall of China, lol.

Written By: 2001 on 01/01/17 at 11:03 am

Trump really likes things larger than life, doesn't he?

The hand is 100% to scale to whatever you see on your screen.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/01/17 at 1:07 pm

Hand? Everyone knows lil' Trump has small hands.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/01/17 at 1:12 pm

Never knew that his hands could fit my 1920x1080 monitor.  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 01/01/17 at 1:22 pm

Hand? Everyone knows lil' Trump has small hands.

Just look at the size of the cuff compared to the hand. Enough said lol.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/01/17 at 1:24 pm

Just look at the size of the cuff compared to the hand. Enough said lol.

Safe to say Donald's a bit on the small size in more ways than one. ::)

Written By: 2001 on 01/01/17 at 1:26 pm

Yes. His brain. :o

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/01/17 at 1:30 pm

Yes. His brain. :o

Come on, you know he doesn't even have one. :P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/01/17 at 2:39 pm

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS COME ON YOU CUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/015/672/64d.gifhttp://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/015/672/64d.gif
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/015/672/64d.gifhttp://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/015/672/64d.gif

Written By: Howard on 01/01/17 at 2:59 pm

It was a bad year.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/17 at 3:00 pm

says his wife. ;)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/01/17 at 3:24 pm

says his wife. ;)

One might say his wife needs to tap into other resources... ::)

Written By: 80sfan on 01/01/17 at 3:39 pm

I bet Trump is a big, strong, man. :.ducks:.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/01/17 at 3:40 pm

Like oil?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/01/17 at 3:41 pm

I bet Trump is a big, strong, man. :.ducks:.

In his own head he is. ::)

Like oil?

"Oil"

Written By: 80sfan on 01/01/17 at 3:42 pm

That's a lot of hate from a pink creature!  :o

Written By: Howard on 01/01/17 at 4:27 pm

my resources. ;)

Written By: 2001 on 01/01/17 at 4:42 pm

Like oil?

I can only imagine that will make it worse. I mean, I never tried, but won't it just keep slipping out especially if his is that small :o

Written By: 2001 on 01/01/17 at 4:47 pm

That's a lot of hate from a pink creature!  :o

Have you not heard of Rob Ford :o

https://nowtoronto.com/downloads/53116/download/WavinPFLAG_large.jpg

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/01/17 at 4:57 pm

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk and badass as f*ck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

Written By: 2001 on 01/01/17 at 5:03 pm

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk and badass as f*ck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

Counter culture for the sake of counter culture :o

Why not be anti-religion or something. It's actually fun and you're on the side of rationality and truth rather than memes ☕

Also, there's a difference between counter culture (removal of status quo) and reactionary (return to status quo ante). I don't think the alt right gets compare itself to the 1960s hippies as much as they compare to other historical movements which I won't mention for the sake of not killing this discussion.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/01/17 at 8:44 pm

Counter culture for the sake of counter culture :o

Why not be anti-religion or something. It's actually fun and you're on the side of rationality and truth rather than memes ☕

Also, there's a difference between counter culture (removal of status quo) and reactionary (return to status quo ante). I don't think the alt right gets compare itself to the 1960s hippies as much as they compare to other historical movements which I won't mention for the sake of not killing this discussion.

The alt-right is an actual rebellion against the anti-science censorship ways of the left. Pepe the Frog also makes me feel punk and badass as f*ck, too. The left is all a propaganda machine while the right and sites like InfoWars bring nothing but the truth.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/01/17 at 8:53 pm

Have you not heard of Rob Ford :o

https://nowtoronto.com/downloads/53116/download/WavinPFLAG_large.jpg

Is that her?

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/01/17 at 8:56 pm

The alt-right is an actual rebellion against the anti-science censorship ways of the left. Pepe the Frog also makes me feel punk and badass as f*ck, too. The left is all a propaganda machine while the right and sites like InfoWars bring nothing but the truth.

Is...is this a joke?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/01/17 at 8:57 pm

Is...is this a joke?

God yes. I'm married with a wife and have a healthy social life, of course I'm not alt right.

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/01/17 at 9:04 pm

God yes. I'm married with a wife and have a healthy social life, of course I'm not alt right.

Oh, thank god.  :-[

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/01/17 at 9:08 pm

Oh, thank god.  :-[

I just like to troll around a bit but don't worry, I stay as far away from reddit as I can. :P

Alt-Right guys are the worst. 8-P

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/01/17 at 9:30 pm

I just like to troll around a bit but don't worry, I stay as far away from reddit as I can. :P

Alt-Right guys are the worst. 8-P

It's best to stay away from 4chan as well, since that's where most of the Alt Right hangs out.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/01/17 at 10:24 pm

Personal life-wise, it was a decent year for me. I worked at a phone poll-taking job that I met awesome people at. Then lost some weight. My weight is stagnating now, but I haven't gained any either. And my mental health is getting stronger each day! All I need in 2017, is to wait until the fall, then I'll be off free from my mental limitations.  :)

Written By: 2001 on 01/02/17 at 10:16 am

The (((PC Police))) will try to shame you for making this post, but I have detected no lies.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/02/17 at 10:22 am

Oh God, thank God. I thought you were some creep, like a midget dwarf, with knives for claws, and razor teethe, behind a computer screen. Phew!

Written By: 2001 on 01/02/17 at 10:23 am

https://i.imgur.com/A5x17KX.jpg

F*cking LOL. The cognitive dissonance on display.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/02/17 at 10:25 am

https://i.imgur.com/A5x17KX.jpg

F*cking LOL. The cognitive dissonance on display.

That feel when you're old and politics is taken over by memes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/02/17 at 11:02 am

Is that her?

Rob Ford is the drunk @$$hole who is standing in the back.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 01/02/17 at 11:15 am

Rob Ford is the drunk @$$hole who is standing in the back.

Cat

Now that pic is funny.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/02/17 at 2:37 pm

Oh God, thank God. I thought you were some creep, like a midget dwarf, with knives for claws, and razor teethe, behind a computer screen. Phew!

;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/02/17 at 8:01 pm

The (((PC Police))) will try to shame you for making this post, but I have detected no lies.

Alex Jones is the hero we need.

http://www.avatarsdb.com/avatars/funny_chat_man.gif

Nice avatar, brother.

Check for new replies or respond here...