inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: M. Night Shyamalan's new movie Split has an 81% on Rotten Tomatoes...

Written By: Zelek3 on 12/29/16 at 4:00 am

...you heard that right. It's been so long (12 years?) since M. Night put out a good movie, that it's become harder to remember a world when Hollywood was hailing him as the best thing since sliced bread.

Not to mention, its official release date is January 20, 2017 - Trump's inauguration date. :o

Perhaps M. Night went to sh*t because of Bush's second term and both of Obama's terms. Now that Obama's presidency is about to end and Trump is transitioning to power, he regained his directing skills. :P

Subject: Re: M. Night Shyamalan's new movie Split has an 81% on Rotten Tomatoes...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/29/16 at 11:56 am

I've been pissed at M Night Shamalamadingdong since I watched The Village and the damn twist left me desiring the 2 hours of my life back!  >:(

Subject: Re: M. Night Shyamalan's new movie Split has an 81% on Rotten Tomatoes...

Written By: Ripley on 12/29/16 at 12:53 pm

Lol Tiff "Shamalamadingdong" but I didn't like it either. I also really hated The Lady in the Water. But his last one The Vist was actually pretty good. It had me guessing wrong the whole movie what was going on with the antagonists. But a very nice twist and some jump scenes. This new one looks good. It looks more like a suspense, something like Se7en or Kiss the Girls, than what he usually does. But yeah The Village is so bad not even Sigourney Weaver could save it. Hell I don't even think the great Morgan Freeman (star of the two I mentioned above) could save this piece of trash. To make a nice joke about it, I reffered to the capes or whatever you call them Mustard and Ketchup lol But The Visit is worth checking out.

Written By: 2001 on 12/29/16 at 3:42 pm

Can't believe you didn't include the picture!

http://schmoesknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/m-night-shyamalan.jpg

What a twist!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/29/16 at 5:03 pm

What a twist!

It doesn't matter if you show his picture. lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/16 at 5:17 pm

I've been pissed at M Night Shamalamadingdong since I watched The Village and the damn twist left me desiring the 2 hours of my life back!  >:(
It is the same for me.

"Split" has been described as Hitchcockian, I am looking for to it.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/29/16 at 7:00 pm

He learned from his mistakes, simple. He has the capacity and talent. He shot himself in the foot by letting himself get too inflated. We all do sometimes. But it's nice he's making good movies again. To be honest, there were times I gave up on him, more than once! He's an easy satirical target, or at least was.  ;D  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 12/29/16 at 7:06 pm

What a twist!

Hey, it's that kid from the Sixth Sense!  :o 

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/29/16 at 8:23 pm

Wow, I can't wait to tell my parents about this!! :o ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/16 at 9:44 pm

What a twist!
The film has been described as a thematic sequel to the 2000 film Unbreakable.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/17 at 5:54 am

It is excellent!

Now I need to refresh my memory on what happened in "Unbreakable".

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/01/17 at 7:37 am

We felt that James McAvoy deserves an Oscar nomination for his role in the film, and as the film was released this year, that will benefit year's Oscars.

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/14/17 at 8:12 am

I've been wanting to see Split since seeing previews. Unfortunately plans keep falling through.

Oh I HATED that twist ending!

Check for new replies or respond here...