inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Nintendo truly losing their spark?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/13/17 at 10:59 am

We all know that the Nintendo Switch isn't technologically superior as Project Scorpio, PS4, and even the Xbox One. For example, it just has 1 teraflop of performance. One!! However, it makes me wonder if Nintendo is truly going downhill, along with losing their charismatic spark?

To me, I think their downfall sort of started with the Gamecube era. For a lot of people, there weren't a lot of good games with the console. There was only a few gems such as Super Smash Bros. Melee, Luigi's Mansion, and Mario Party 4-8. Their third party games were rather underrated or critically panned compared to the other ports of said games. Frankly, the early and mid 2000s shown that Nintendo wasn't financially successful within the Gamecube. However, they did have the Game Boy Advance which sold like hotcakes back then. Games like the Super Mario Advance series, Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire, and Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga, along with the Game Boy Video cartridges, shows Nintendo's financial lifesaving during that time.

Then came the Wii in late 2006. With games like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and many others, it truly gave Nintendo the popularity it wanted in the 2000s. The console was a best seller, with over 100 million units sold. However, that time only came short. Six years later, the Wii U was released and it gave Nintendo one of their worst financial situations yet. Nobody really cared about the console and it would be probably get discontinued abruptly.

In conclusion, the Nintendo Switch wouldn't prove otherwise that the company isn't doing well. So I'll doubt that they'll be saved within the video game industry.

Subject: Re: Is Nintendo truly losing their spark?

Written By: 2001 on 01/13/17 at 12:37 pm

They have Zelda and your faves do not. It's over.

Just kidding... sort of.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 01/13/17 at 1:05 pm

Nintendo lost its spark a while ago with most hardcore gamers. Most of the friends I talk to don't really care about Nintendo, if you ever mention anything about them, most people I talk to will be like "meh".

The only person I know that is getting the Switch is my 10 year old cousin which he has a DS, but nothing else in terms of systems. I think the Switch looks decent, but I'm sticking to PC and Xbox, personally.

1 TF isn't that bad for a company who tries to get the casual gamers, but they are behind the rest of the 8th gen, the original Xbox One that came out in 2013 has 1.3 TF and the original PS4 has 1.84 TF. PS4 Neo has 4.2 TF and Project Scorpio (Xbox) has a bit over 6 TF from what we know.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/13/17 at 1:37 pm

Nintendo lost its spark a while ago with most hardcore gamers. Most of the friends I talk to don't really care about Nintendo, if you ever mention anything about them, most people I talk to will be like "meh".

The only person I know that is getting the Switch is my 10 year old cousin which he has a DS, but nothing else in terms of systems. I think the Switch looks decent, but I'm sticking to PC and Xbox, personally.

1 TF isn't that bad for a company who tries to get the casual gamers, but they are behind the rest of the 8th gen, the original Xbox One that came out in 2013 has 1.3 TF and the original PS4 has 1.84 TF. PS4 Neo has 4.2 TF and Project Scorpio (Xbox) has a bit over 6 TF from what we know.

Personally, I'm a PC gamer myself. I have been for over a decade, since I found games created for Windows to be more sophisticated with me. With consoles such as the Wii U and Xbox One not having their companies reaching their financial goals, they aren't well recognized for me. Although, I don't find any platform to be superior within each other. It has to deal with its gaming library, where it amuses me or not. I would sometimes get bored of gaming specs, since they aren't as huge as even old PCs (from the 80s, 90s, and 2000s).

Written By: Howard on 01/13/17 at 1:51 pm

Were they losing their spark during the 80's? ???

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/13/17 at 2:15 pm

Were they losing their spark during the 80's? ???

Not really. They were starting to be popular during the 80s, when they released the NES.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 01/13/17 at 3:19 pm

Wow, Sony and Microsoft beated Nintendo in performance between the 3 consoles big time. Both the PS4 and the Xbox One performed better than the Wii U for hardware specifications. There's a reason why both the PS4 and the Xbox One sold more than the Wii U.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/13/17 at 3:40 pm

Wow, Sony and Microsoft beated Nintendo in performance between the 3 consoles big time. Both the PS4 and the Xbox One performed better than the Wii U for hardware specifications. There's a reason why both the PS4 and the Xbox One sold more than the Wii U.

That's obviously the case since the Wii U never seem to grow fluently as much as their competitors. Come to think of it, Nintendo seems to be in a drought since the early 2010s. All they could think of is sequels to their existing franchises, while they barely made any third party games within their consoles.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 01/13/17 at 4:12 pm

Personally, I'm a PC gamer myself. I have been for over a decade, since I found games created for Windows to be more sophisticated with me. With consoles such as the Wii U and Xbox One not having their companies reaching their financial goals, they aren't well recognized for me. Although, I don't find any platform to be superior within each other. It has to deal with its gaming library, where it amuses me or not. I would sometimes get bored of gaming specs, since they aren't as huge as even old PCs (from the 80s, 90s, and 2000s).

Yeah, games are the most important thing which is why PC is probably the best since you can play games dating to the 70s up to the present year. With consoles, usually you can only play the generation or two before it, but Microsoft said they are planning on carrying people's libraries through to future gens, I hope that's true, they are also considering making original Xbox backward compat with the current gen which I also hope happens.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/13/17 at 6:17 pm

Yeah, games are the most important thing which is why PC is probably the best since you can play games dating to the 70s up to the present year. With consoles, usually you can only play the generation or two before it, but Microsoft said they are planning on carrying people's libraries through to future gens, I hope that's true, they are also considering making original Xbox backward compat with the current gen which I also hope happens.

The PC ports are better than the console ones in my opinion, since you could just use a keyboard and mouse to control the game. It's honestly a pain in the ass to use a controller now, since most (if not) all console controllers require either AA or AAA batteries, and they don't last forever. It makes me wonder why couldn't they just use a port instead of it being wireless.

Written By: 2001 on 01/13/17 at 6:35 pm

Let's not pretend the 3DS was not the best system this generation cycle, and that the Piece of Sh*t 4 isn't just for watered down PC ports and flop exclusives that have been in development since I was in middle school and some of you were in kindergarten (Last Guardian). A hot mess!

Nintendo will deliver. Trust me. When was the last time Nintendo made a bad handheld? And don't say VB. I was hyped for the Wii, it turned out to be a roaring success. I was angry at the Wii U, it bombed. And now I'm hyped for the Switch, the conclusion is obvious. My logic is infallible!

/s... sort of

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/13/17 at 6:44 pm

We all know that the Nintendo Switch isn't technologically superior as Project Scorpio, PS4, and even the Xbox One. For example, it just has 1 teraflop of performance. One!! However, it makes me wonder if Nintendo is truly going downhill, along with losing their charismatic spark?

To me, I think their downfall sort of started with the Gamecube era. For a lot of people, there weren't a lot of good games with the console. There was only a few gems such as Super Smash Bros. Melee, Luigi's Mansion, and Mario Party 4-8. Their third party games were rather underrated or critically panned compared to the other ports of said games. Frankly, the early and mid 2000s shown that Nintendo wasn't financially successful within the Gamecube. However, they did have the Game Boy Advance which sold like hotcakes back then. Games like the Super Mario Advance series, Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire, and Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga, along with the Game Boy Video cartridges, shows Nintendo's financial lifesaving during that time.

Then came the Wii in late 2006. With games like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and many others, it truly gave Nintendo the popularity it wanted in the 2000s. The console was a best seller, with over 100 million units sold. However, that time only came short. Six years later, the Wii U was released and it gave Nintendo one of their worst financial situations yet. Nobody really cared about the console and it would be probably get discontinued abruptly.

In conclusion, the Nintendo Switch wouldn't prove otherwise that the company isn't doing well. So I'll doubt they'll be saved within the video game industry.

The Wii novelty wore off fast. Xbox 360 and PS3 also made controls you aim at the TV like the Wiimote too. I forgot the names of theirs.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/13/17 at 8:58 pm

The Wii novelty wore off fast. Xbox 360 and PS3 also made controls you aim at the TV like the Wiimote too. I forgot the names of theirs.

I didn't really bother what their motion controllers were, since they were kinda gimmicky.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/17 at 7:15 am

I'm looking forward to when that happens.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/14/17 at 12:10 pm

Nintendo has always focused more on the average consumer rather than the hardcore gamer. That's why their consoles aren't as powerful as XBOX One and PS4 for example. In return, their prices are always much lower than the other companies' as well. Having said that, Nintendo generally adds cool features to their consoles to draw people in like they did with the Wii and they have good games out as well. But I agree lately it has not been very impressive and they have a limited amount of games out as well. The Nintendo Switch is nothing special.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/14/17 at 12:27 pm

Nintendo has always focused more on the average consumer rather than the hardcore gamer. That's why their consoles aren't as powerful as XBOX One and PS4 for example.

Even with that, the average consumer for video games nowadays focus more on mobile devices. MOBILE DEVICES!!! Of all the things that would be accessible, they just chose mobile devices for the sake of their kids to shut up on the go. I had more fun watching movies on my portable DVD player, for crying out loud. It barely involve any interactivity whatsoever, and it gave me more fun than sh*tty mobile games.

In return, their prices are always much lower than the other companies' as well. Having said that, Nintendo generally adds cool features to their consoles to draw people in like they did with the Wii and they have good games out as well.

Except they barely gave a crap about the Wii U, and just programmed a lot of first party games for the console. Not to mention that the controller sucked ass, since all it did was imitate all the mobile tablets back in the early 2010s.

But I agree lately it has not been very impressive and they have a limited amount of games out as well. The Nintendo Switch is nothing special.

Nothing related to Nintendo (after the Wii U was released) is special. It's one of the reasons why I don't like using Nintendo's products anymore.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/14/17 at 11:09 pm

Yeah after seeing the Switch, I have a feeling it could fail like the Wii U and with Nintendo ending up like Sega in a way. If anything, they truly haven't succeeded in everyone since the GC days. I mean, the Wii itself was the first to begin targeting the non-gamers and they haven't changed their tactics since. It's why the console didn't do well in the end despite many units being sold. The only devices that's keeping them in are their handhelds which have been awesome!

Nintendo has always focused more on the average consumer rather than the hardcore gamer. That's why their consoles aren't as powerful as XBOX One and PS4 for example. In return, their prices are always much lower than the other companies' as well. Having said that, Nintendo generally adds cool features to their consoles to draw people in like they did with the Wii and they have good games out as well. But I agree lately it has not been very impressive and they have a limited amount of games out as well. The Nintendo Switch is nothing special.
Only with the Wii, U and Switch. Prior to that, they focused on everyone.

Oh you mean these?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61Vy1uAXALL._SL1500_.jpg

http://compass.xbox.com/assets/89/91/8991d7b5-c14f-4b30-9b89-deb3ba52069c.jpg?n=Xbox360_Sensor_960x450.jpg

The others were PlayStation Move and the Kinect. I can understand how most people would forget them since they were terrible from the beginning and were abandoned after 2011.

Written By: 2001 on 01/14/17 at 11:56 pm

The Wii U was specifically targeted at hardcore gamers, actually. It did a bad job at it, but if you watch their E3 2011, they were clear about who they were targeting.

They started targeting casual gamers with the DS, which went on to be the best selling system, so that was a huge untapped market that they discovered. They've all moved to iPhone/iPad since, I'm not sure they'll be getting them back.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/15/17 at 12:05 am

The Wii U was specifically targeted at hardcore gamers, actually. It did a bad job at it, but if you watch their E3 2011, they were clear about who they were targeting.

They started targeting casual gamers with the DS, which went on to be the best selling system, so that was a huge untapped market that they discovered. They've all moved to iPhone/iPad since, I'm not sure they'll be getting them back.
Only because while there were great 1st party games, there were not enough 2nd and 3rd peaty games which turned the hardcore gamers off. Nintendo needs to use that strategy of having all parties in their favor if they want to be #1 again.

Is it why the 3DS despite the success didn't do well in the end compared to its predecessor because of the mobile games?

Written By: 2001 on 01/15/17 at 12:17 am

Only because while there were great 1st party games, there were not enough 2nd and 3rd peaty games which turned the hardcore gamers off. Nintendo needs to use that strategy of having all parties in their favor if they want to be #1 again.

Is it why the 3DS despite the success didn't do well in the end compared to its predecessor because of the mobile games?

Yeah, I agree. It was also very expensive for what you were getting (gimped hardware, poor selection of games) and the tablet was a turn-off to many people.

Yep, basically. Kids don't have the 3DS as their must-buy item anymore; they want the iPad. 3DS and handhelds in general still sells really well in Japan though, and still sold well in the early 2010s in the West, which gives me some hope for the Switch.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/15/17 at 12:23 am

Yeah, I agree. It was also very expensive for what you were getting (gimped hardware, poor selection of games) and the tablet was a turn-off to many people.

Yep, basically. Kids don't have the 3DS as their must-buy item anymore; they want the iPad. 3DS and handhelds in general still sells really well in Japan though, and still sold well in the early 2010s in the West, which gives me some hope for the Switch.
I was planning to buy one since I haven't had a Nintendo system for a long time, but I'm glad I didn't since it would have been a waste. No wonder the Wii U failed faster than Saturn (which had great games, but terrible hardware).

Well, I could see it making a comeback. I mean soon, kids could get bored with mobile games and want to have something different that's more fun and possibly challenging.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 01/15/17 at 2:26 am

The others were PlayStation Move and the Kinect. I can understand how most people would forget them since they were terrible from the beginning and were abandoned after 2011.

Idk about PS Move, heard they are using the controllers for PSVR, but they didn't really abandon Kinect until 2014, because all of the 2013 Xbox Ones were all bundled with a Kinect 2.0 which was an improved version of the original Kinect.

Written By: mqg96 on 01/15/17 at 9:43 am

It was the same way with the Wii too, the Wii was great with 1st party games but horrible with 2nd and 3rd party games. I think the Wii U is the worst Nintendo console up to date. Even if you take out the casual sales the Wii had the Wii U was still worse. The Gamecube was the last great Nintendo console with great 2nd & 3rd party games with all the variety but what killed the Gamecube is that it was a low point for Nintendo's 1st party games (with few exceptions like Smash Bros Melee) and the Gamecube was advertised like a kiddy console (purple lunchbox) which turned off a lot of hardcore gamers. It was a huge drop off from the Nintendo 64 which was the most mature console in Nintendo history and had a lot of variety, great 1st party games, 2nd & 3rd party games. The Nintendo 64 was excellent for its time but its only weakness is that a lot of its games haven't aged well, but that doesn't change the fact that the Nintendo 64 was one of the greatest Nintendo consoles for its time. The reason Nintendo has lost is spark is because it keeps focusing on its fanboys who don't care about any other franchise but the same old ones. For years it hasn't listened to its hardcore gamers which is why its been suffering, and the Nintendo Switch could very well be the final nail in the coffin if they keep being stubborn. Hardcore gamers don't care about the next "Super Mario", the next "Smash Bros", the next "Zelda", the next "Kart", etc. Because that's what they did when they were in their early gaming days and it got old and repetitive after a while. They want mature, more challenging games that's always diverse and changing every few years or so. Prior to this Switch experiment we still have to see, why do all these 3rd party companies don't want to partnership with Nintendo the last few generations? But they are willing to do so with Sony and Microsoft in a heartbeat?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/15/17 at 9:53 am

Yeah after seeing the Switch, I have a feeling it could fail like the Wii U and with Nintendo ending up like Sega in a way. If anything, they truly haven't succeeded in everyone since the GC days. I mean, the Wii itself was the first to begin targeting the non-gamers and they haven't changed their tactics since. It's why the console didn't do well in the end despite many units being sold. The only devices that's keeping them in are their handhelds which have been awesome!

I solemnly agree. As much as I liked the Wii, it wasn't as legendary as the NES, Super Nintendo, and even the N64.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/15/17 at 9:59 pm

I solemnly agree. As much as I liked the Wii, it wasn't as legendary as the NES, Super Nintendo, and even the N64.
Same here. Although it was more of a casual gaming console, it seems most people bought it, so they could work out without having to go to the gym.

It was the same way with the Wii too, the Wii was great with 1st party games but horrible with 2nd and 3rd party games. I think the Wii U is the worst Nintendo console up to date. Even if you take out the casual sales the Wii had the Wii U was still worse. The Gamecube was the last great Nintendo console with great 2nd & 3rd party games with all the variety but what killed the Gamecube is that it was a low point for Nintendo's 1st party games (with few exceptions like Smash Bros Melee) and the Gamecube was advertised like a kiddy console (purple lunchbox) which turned off a lot of hardcore gamers. It was a huge drop off from the Nintendo 64 which was the most mature console in Nintendo history and had a lot of variety, great 1st party games, 2nd & 3rd party games. The Nintendo 64 was excellent for its time but its only weakness is that a lot of its games haven't aged well, but that doesn't change the fact that the Nintendo 64 was one of the greatest Nintendo consoles for its time. The reason Nintendo has lost is spark is because it keeps focusing on its fanboys who don't care about any other franchise but the same old ones. For years it hasn't listened to its hardcore gamers which is why its been suffering, and the Nintendo Switch could very well be the final nail in the coffin if they keep being stubborn. Hardcore gamers don't care about the next "Super Mario", the next "Smash Bros", the next "Zelda", the next "Kart", etc. Because that's what they did when they were in their early gaming days and it got old and repetitive after a while. They want mature, more challenging games that's always diverse and changing every few years or so. Prior to this Switch experiment we still have to see, why do all these 3rd party companies don't want to partnership with Nintendo the last few generations? But they are willing to do so with Sony and Microsoft in a heartbeat?
Your statement in bold is very true! I've seen that happen way too much. There's nothing wrong with new installments of these series, but the problem is that they are too easy. Hopefully, Nintendo will listen to their fanbase and finally release some challenging games of their main series and have bomb-a*s 2nd and 3rd party games.

Idk about PS Move, heard they are using the controllers for PSVR, but they didn't really abandon Kinect until 2014, because all of the 2013 Xbox Ones were all bundled with a Kinect 2.0 which was an improved version of the original Kinect.
Yeah, I kinda forgot that the Xbone had a kinect at first; however though, they were still pretty much failures in the end because Xbox and PS are dominated by HC gamers, and they were not going buy those features. Yeah, they looked fun at first to use, but then it was a disaster and were quickly dumped for a return to the traditional gaming.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/15/17 at 10:52 pm

They've been losing it for years.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/16/17 at 10:36 am

Same here. Although it was more of a casual gaming console, it seems most people bought it, so they could work out without having to go to the gym.

I wouldn't think it would be the perfect alternative for going into the gym. Even with the Fitness Board (and Wii Fit), it doesn't seem like you're burning a lot of calories while doing that sort of thing. In fact, it barely involves any exercise with any of the games that has motion controls.

They've been losing it for years.

Yeah. Although, they had some decent handhelds recently.

Written By: bchris02 on 01/17/17 at 3:06 pm

In conclusion, the Nintendo Switch wouldn't prove otherwise that the company isn't doing well. So I'll doubt they'll be saved within the video game industry.

I agree.

Nintendo really hasn't had a dominant console since the N64.  However, they do dominate the handheld world and have since the Gameboy Color at least.

The GameCube was pretty much a failure.  The Wii and its successors were successful, but they didn't compete in the same market as the Xbox and Playstation consoles did.

Written By: 2001 on 01/17/17 at 3:30 pm

I agree.

Nintendo really hasn't had a dominant console since the N64.  However, they do dominate the handheld world and have since the Gameboy Color at least.

The GameCube was pretty much a failure.  The Wii and its successors were successful, but they didn't compete in the same market as the Xbox and Playstation consoles did.

Haha, not its successors; only the Wii. ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/17/17 at 4:24 pm

They've been dominated the handheld market since the Game Boy was released. It was such an innovative device at the time, even if it didn't have color. I think they're still doing good with the handheld market, but not as much as the 90s and 2000s.

The Wii (aside from the DS and 3DS) was the only successful console after the Gamecube era. It's quite sad though.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/20/17 at 1:40 pm

In truth, the downfall of Nintendo's dominance really began with the Nintendo 64, and I say this as somebody who still loves my N64 to this day.

The truth is, Nintendo's decision to stick with cartridges during the 5th generation marked the beginning of their end when it came to third party support. CD-ROM disks were so much cheaper to manufacture than carts, and you could fit so much more data on them, that many third party developers which had been loyal to Nintendo since the '80s (like Squaresoft and Capcom) began jumping ship in droves to the much cheaper to develop for PlayStation. Since then, Nintendo really hasn't had solid third party support for another of their consoles.

In hindsight, the popularity of the Wii is looking more and more like a fluke. I mean, we all kind of knew that all of the middle-aged and elderly people who bought Wii's in order to play Wii Sports would probably use the thing for a few weeks before sticking it in a closet and forgetting about it, and that's pretty much what happened, as reflected in the poor sales of the Wii U.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with the Switch, but I don't think it would be a stretch to say that Nintendo needs BADLY for it to be a success.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/20/17 at 2:57 pm

In truth, the downfall of Nintendo's dominance really began with the Nintendo 64, and I say this as somebody who still loves my N64 to this day.

The truth is, Nintendo's decision to stick with cartridges during the 5th generation marked the beginning of their end when it came to third party support. CD-ROM disks were so much cheaper to manufacture than carts, and you could fit so much more data on them, that many third party developers which had been loyal to Nintendo since the '80s (like Squaresoft and Capcom) began jumping ship in droves to the much cheaper to develop for PlayStation. Since then, Nintendo really hasn't had solid third party support for another of their consoles.

Truth be told, the Nintendo 64 had a few good third-party games. Although, it didn't really suck immensely until Rare got bought by Microsoft in 2002. Since they were one of the only companies that made interesting games (aside from the first party), they gave Nintendo a lot of support. Despite that, Nintendo was at its own when the Gamecube was around.

In hindsight, the popularity of the Wii is looking more and more like a fluke. I mean, we all kind of knew that all of the middle-aged and elderly people who bought Wii's in order to play Wii Sports would probably use the thing for a few weeks before sticking it in a closet and forgetting about it, and that's pretty much what happened, as reflected in the poor sales of the Wii U.

Same with me. Since the Wii wasn't really like a hardcore console, I barely played through it around 2008-2012. Even with that, I played older Nintendo games on emulators, since I didn't have other Nintendo home consoles.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 01/20/17 at 3:16 pm

Truth be told, the Nintendo 64 had a few good third-party games. Although, it didn't really suck immensely until Rare got bought by Microsoft in 2002. Since they were one of the only companies that made interesting games (aside from the first party), they gave Nintendo a lot of support. Despite that, Nintendo was at its own when the Gamecube was around.

Same with me. Since the Wii wasn't really like a hardcore console, I barely played through it around 2008-2012. Even with that, I played older Nintendo games on emulators, since I didn't have other Nintendo home consoles.

1. Rare now makes games for the Xbox series, but from 2010-2014, they only made Kinect games for the Xbox 360.

2. If the Wii's popularity was seen as a fluke, then why did Nintendo still managed to sold over 100 million Wiis?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/20/17 at 3:45 pm

1. Rare now makes games for the Xbox series, but from 2010-2014, they only made Kinect games for the Xbox 360.

Except no one has actually played those games, and instead collect them for value.

2. If the Wii's popularity was seen as a fluke, then why did Nintendo still managed to sold over 100 million Wiis?

They sold them to a lot of casual gamers, including middle-aged and elderly people, along with families that have kids who don't play video games a lot.

Written By: mqg96 on 01/21/17 at 8:55 am

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-predicted-to-sell-40-million-syste/1100-6447137/

Doesn't really mean anything though. We have to see their company prove to us in order for to us to believe the console will be somewhat successful the next 3 years.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/21/17 at 9:04 am

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-predicted-to-sell-40-million-syste/1100-6447137/

Doesn't really mean anything though. We have to see their company prove to us in order for to us to believe the console will be somewhat successful the next 3 years.

I doubt they'll sell 40 million units in the Switch's lifespan.

Written By: 2001 on 01/21/17 at 5:59 pm

I think it depends on whether it will be treated as a 3DS successor or not. If so, 40 million sounds very feasible.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/21/17 at 8:05 pm

I think it depends on whether it will be treated as a 3DS successor or not. If so, 40 million sounds very feasible.

Well, people would already buy a Switch, since it has more third-party support than the Wii U.

Written By: 2001 on 04/15/18 at 9:04 pm

Nintendo will deliver. Trust me. When was the last time Nintendo made a bad handheld? And don't say VB. I was hyped for the Wii, it turned out to be a roaring success. I was angry at the Wii U, it bombed. And now I'm hyped for the Switch, the conclusion is obvious. My logic is infallible!

I know it's not kosher to bump old threads, but I just wanted to say...

I told y'all.  8)

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/20/18 at 11:14 am

I know it's not kosher to bump old threads, but I just wanted to say...

I told y'all.  8)
Well you are a Psychic type pokemon lol.

Check for new replies or respond here...