inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has Anyone Seen Get Out?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/02/17 at 6:38 pm

Hey Y'all,

I want to know have any of you seen that new Jordan Peele horror movie, Get Out?
I got conned into going to see it tomorrow and I need to know how scary it is before I go plunk down 8 dollars for a ticket to sit and hide my face. Is it something I'd enjoy or will it just be a horrible time for me? I don't mind gore, I just REALLY hate jump scares.
I'm asking NOW so if it is really awful, I can start formulating an excuse to get out of it.

Thank you.

Subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen Get Out?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/17 at 6:43 pm

Hey Y'all,

I want to know have any of you seen that new Jordan Peele horror movie, Get Out?
I got conned into going to see it tomorrow and I need to know how scary it is before I go plunk down 8 dollars for a ticket to sit and hide my face. Is it something I'd enjoy or will it just be a horrible time for me? I don't mind gore, I just REALLY hate jump scares.
I'm asking NOW so if it is really awful, I can start formulating an excuse to get out of it.

Thank you.

Check the rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/02/17 at 7:45 pm

Check the rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

It has like the HIGHEST rating ever on Rotten Tomatoes right now.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/02/17 at 8:32 pm

._.

I would but it doesn't seem like the greatest horror flick out. Even though it's creepy having a man being used as a sex slave.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/17 at 9:06 pm

It has like the HIGHEST rating ever on Rotten Tomatoes right now.
In a few weeks time, when more people have view the film, the rating will come down.

Written By: musicguy93 on 03/02/17 at 10:35 pm

I'm not a fan of Jordan Peele, so no. Not to mention the movie looked pretty stupid to me.

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/02/17 at 10:36 pm

It has a rude-sounding title, I'll tell you that.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/02/17 at 11:48 pm

A2JbO9lnVLE

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/17 at 12:08 am

I'm not a fan of Jordan Peele, so no. Not to mention the movie looked pretty stupid to me.
His directorial debut, so we have to wait and see?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/17 at 12:31 am

Hey Y'all,

Thank you.

If "Split" is available for viewing, go and see that instead, I have seen it, is very good, and James McAvoy is Oscar nomination potential.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/03/17 at 12:45 am

For me that movie looks terrifying af, but the sad reality & truth at the same time. I could say so much more but I'm not going to mention it on here.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/17 at 1:39 am

From wiki:

"The film ("Get Out") was premiered at Sundance Film Festival on January 24, 2017, and was released in the United States on February 24 by Universal Pictures. The film received praise from critics for its atmosphere, writing, directing, and cast, and has grossed $46 million worldwide against its $4.5 million budget."

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/03/17 at 6:15 am

I haven't seen the movie, but I do know alt righters got triggered(what else is new) at the black guy being in a relationship with a white girl in the movie. ::)

Wouldn't they do that at every single movie that shows interracial relationships with white people?

Written By: Ripley on 03/03/17 at 4:19 pm

I'm going to go see it in a couple hours Tiff. It looks good. But I'll let you know if it's scary. It seems like mild horror but more like a thriller to me. But I'll be going around 7 tonight.

Written By: Ripley on 03/03/17 at 4:20 pm

And I have to pay 20 for my mom and me. After 6 it's 10 per person.

Written By: Ripley on 03/03/17 at 4:25 pm

Actually, since you posted this yesterday you might be going at the same time as me lol When were you planning?

Written By: Ripley on 03/03/17 at 4:29 pm

Wouldn't they do that at every single movie that shows interracial relationships with white people?

I'm so sick of people talking sh!t about films that have interracial couples. By now it should be acceptable for a black man and a white woman to be together.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/03/17 at 9:26 pm

Thanks for all the input y'all. I just got back from seeing it and to be honest, I REALLY liked it. It wasn't as gory as I thought it would be and it was more of a mindfudge than anything and I love horror film that mess with your head.  ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/03/17 at 9:48 pm

I'm so sick of people talking sh!t about films that have interracial couples. By now it should be acceptable for a black man and a white woman to be together.

It's pretty much been acceptable towards a lot of people since this decade started. Although my parents (black dad and white mom) were well treated during their time as a couple, considering they've been around since the early 80s (1982, to be exact).

Written By: Ripley on 03/03/17 at 11:50 pm

Thanks for all the input y'all. I just got back from seeing it and to be honest, I REALLY liked it. It wasn't as gory as I thought it would be and it was more of a mindfudge than anything and I love horror film that mess with your head.  ;D

It was great! And psycological Horrors are the best

Written By: 2001 on 03/04/17 at 1:17 am

Ooo, I have to see it now! Although I love jump scares and other freaky stuff  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...