inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe brings back real battle mode courses and classic boo item

Written By: mqg96 on 03/10/17 at 6:13 pm

ZKB9FEXhJ68

YOL21g60tUc

Just watch the video. For somebody who refused to buy the Wii U since hardly any of the games appealed to me, this video sure makes Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (which is an add-on) a lot more interesting with the features since I never played the first Mario Kart 8. Although I still feel like there's way too many characters in the game. I'm find with the items and tracks though. It's disappointing that there's no new tracks including the DLC content being the exact same, unless they're making it a surprise for later on. What gave me the most attention is realizing that Nintendo finally realized how much people missed the classic battle mode style which Mario Kart DS & earlier did in the series. NO TEAMS, just everybody against each other on balloon battle or sunshine runners. So along with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, would Mario Kart 8 Deluxe be worth buying?

Subject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe brings back real battle mode courses and classic boo item

Written By: 2001 on 03/10/17 at 6:25 pm

Bomb omb battles!! I was at my friend's house the other week and we were huddled around a tiny CTV playing Bomb omb on Double Dash. Pure unadulterated fun!  :D

Subject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe brings back real battle mode courses and classic boo item

Written By: mqg96 on 03/10/17 at 6:29 pm

Bomb omb battles!! I was at my friend's house the other week and we were huddled around a tiny CTV playing Bomb omb on Double Dash. Pure unadulterated fun!  :D

I remember how fun Bob-omb blast was from Mario Kart Double Dash! I forgot about that mode since it only appeared in that game of the series. It's amazing to see how Deluxe is bringing back all battle mode classics that's been forgotten.

Written By: 2001 on 03/10/17 at 7:03 pm

I remember how fun Bob-omb blast was from Mario Kart Double Dash! I forgot about that mode since it only appeared in that game of the series. It's amazing to see how Deluxe is bringing back all battle mode classics that's been forgotten.

The one I hate the most Sunshine one. I don't think I've EVER won that in my life.  >:(

Coin battles in Mario Kart Wii though, now that's boss!

I honestly didn't notice battle mode was gone in 8. It's great they're adding it back. I don't usually like playing 8 though, the maps are HUGE and there's like 10 different ways to finish a track. That's a steeper learning curve than most Mario Kart games. Not in terms of skill, but in memorizing maps.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/10/17 at 7:26 pm

The one I hate the most Sunshine one. I don't think I've EVER won that in my life.  >:(

Coin battles in Mario Kart Wii though, now that's boss!

I honestly didn't notice battle mode was gone in 8. It's great they're adding it back. I don't usually like playing 8 though, the maps are HUGE and there's like 10 different ways to finish a track. That's a steeper learning curve than most Mario Kart games. Not in terms of skill, but in memorizing maps.

The biggest problem I had with battle mode on Mario Kart Wii is that you could only do teams instead of just being on your own. That's what caused battle mode to decline in the MK series. DS was the last battle mode I enjoyed but until I saw how 8 Deluxe is going to be this might be the best battle mode since Double Dash or DS, and they even have this new mode called "Renegade Roundup". Oh, and yeah I understand how extremely detailed the MK8 tracks are. 8 feels a lot more casual than previous Mario Kart installments, almost like owning an arcade game.

Written By: 2001 on 03/11/17 at 3:44 pm

The biggest problem I had with battle mode on Mario Kart Wii is that you could only do teams instead of just being on your own. That's what caused battle mode to decline in the MK series. DS was the last battle mode I enjoyed but until I saw how 8 Deluxe is going to be this might be the best battle mode since Double Dash or DS, and they even have this new mode called "Renegade Roundup". Oh, and yeah I understand how extremely detailed the MK8 tracks are. 8 feels a lot more casual than previous Mario Kart installments, almost like owning an arcade game.

I can see the fun in both. In teams, it's fun(ny) to have someone to "blame" for your loss if it isn't your fault, or to bully just one person on someone else's team, especially in coin battles. ;D

But yeah, they should be adding features instead of taking them away. I'm excited to see how that Renegade Roundup mode turns out. Man, I don't think I've ever played dull Mario Kart, they're all very fun in their own way.  :D

Written By: Looney Toon on 03/11/17 at 5:56 pm

I'm getting MK8 Deluxe, but I'm more eager to see MK9 as I'm sure Nintendo is working on it. But for now MK8 is where my racing time will be put into. Also happy that the original battle mode that was featured in Super Mario Kart to Mario Kart Double Dash (or was MKDS the last to use the old battle system?). Spent hours upon hours in battle mode with family.

Written By: 2001 on 03/11/17 at 7:08 pm

I'm getting MK8 Deluxe, but I'm more eager to see MK9 as I'm sure Nintendo is working on it. But for now MK8 is where my racing time will be put into. Also happy that the original battle mode that was featured in Super Mario Kart to Mario Kart Double Dash (or was MKDS the last to use the old battle system?). Spent hours upon hours in battle mode with family.

What's modern NJS?

Check for new replies or respond here...