inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dark and gritty Flintstones reboot announced (April Fool's!)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/31/17 at 11:12 pm

By Bernard Slaghoople
Slate Magazine

March 31, 2017

Yabba-Dabba-Doo! Warner Bros. Pictures has announced a dark gritty reboot of the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon, The Flintstones. It will be a complete 180 from the animated series and the two previous live action films -- 1994's The Flintstones starring John Goodman, and 2000's The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas starring Mark Addy and Stephen Baldwin.

The film, directed by the appropriately-named Oliver Stone, will be a grim-dark remake of the 1994 Goodman film, starring Mel Gibson as the Yabba-Dabba-Doo!-uttering patriarch of the modern Stone Age family. Ryan Gosling will play Fred's struggling friend, Barney Rubble, whose friendship turns sour once Fred's promotion goes to his head. Breaking Bad's Anna Gunn and Betsy Brandt will take on the iconic roles of Wilma and Betty, respectively.

Sharon Stone will finally get to play her namesake secretary, whose job it is to distract Fred from uncovering Cliff Vandercave's embezzlement scheme.

But who will play Vandercave? "We'd like for Kyle MacLachlan to reprise the role ," says Kevin Tsujihara, President of Warner Bros. Entertainment, "but he's busy with Twin Peaks. So who knows? We might get the guy who played Ivan Ooze."

The film is slated for release Thursday April 1, 2021.

I can only imagine what Hans Zimmer's minor-key version of the Flintstones theme is gonna sound like?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/03/31/warner_bros_announces_dark_and_gritty_flintstones_reboot.html

Subject: Re: Dark and gritty Flintstones reboot announced

Written By: #Infinity on 04/01/17 at 12:12 pm

What day is it, kids? :P

Written By: Ripley on 04/01/17 at 10:38 pm

Lmao, did you write this yourself? I can't see Mel or Sharon doing this ROFL

😂

Written By: 2001 on 04/01/17 at 10:54 pm

That video got me hyped!

Written By: #Infinity on 04/02/17 at 5:54 pm

Rickroll'd! XD

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/02/17 at 6:06 pm

Oh my God!  ;D

Written By: Looney Toon on 04/02/17 at 10:02 pm

What day is it, kids? :P

Not gonna lie. If it actually released I'd still watch it. I need to see Fred Flintstone kill a dinosaur in cold blood with his club. Then Fred will proceed to steal the dinosaur's eggs so his family won't have to starve.  8)

Written By: 2001 on 04/02/17 at 10:09 pm

Not gonna lie. If it actually released I'd still watch it. I need to see Fred Flintstone kill a dinosaur in cold blood with his club. Then Fred will proceed to steal the dinosaur's eggs so his family won't have to starve.  8)

It says a lot about certain companies when their do-able April Fools ideas are better than their real ideas.  :-X

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/02/17 at 11:05 pm

http://images.uncyclomedia.co/uncyclopedia/en/thumb/c/c6/Flintstones_dark_reboot.png/388px-Flintstones_dark_reboot.png

April Fool's! :D ;D

Where did I come up with this bonkers idea? Somebody's already doing it in comic book form. (No joke.)

http://newsok.com/meet-the-flintstones-dc-comics-revives-modern-stone-age-family-with-21st-century-reboot/article/5543319

My original idea would have been too cruel -- Disney & Fox are releasing the original, unaltered Star Wars. But the latest rumor was debunked in February, so I would have been crying wolf.

And the Rickroll thing. Astley has been done a million times, so I thought I'd keep it fresh and use Rick Springfield.

I'm glad you all had a good laugh.

Written By: Howard on 04/03/17 at 6:00 am

What rating would it get?

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 04/03/17 at 11:40 am

With the gritty realism they inject into the Flintstones world, you'd have people spearing dinosaurs and mammoths and getting eaten and gored by them (not that people living alongside dinosaurs is realistic, though). So it'd have to be rated R.

Written By: Looney Toon on 04/03/17 at 12:18 pm

Rated R. It'll be the first time in history where Flinstones WON'T be watched by kids.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/03/17 at 1:33 pm

Rated R. It'll be the first time in history where Flinstones WON'T be watched by kids.

Unless some parents secretly take their kids to go see it.

Written By: Howard on 04/03/17 at 5:21 pm

By a demographic of 18-34 year old men and women.

Check for new replies or respond here...