inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is hipster culture on its way out?

Written By: bchris02 on 04/02/17 at 8:24 pm

I think we might currently be at the point in the hipster movement's popularity cycle that emo/scene was at in 2008.  Hipster is the status quo and is everywhere, but there are hints of it slowly starting to fade.  I am slowly noticing less and less people wearing hipster fashion or hairstyles.  There is still a lot, don't get me wrong (there was a lot of emo/scene in 2008) but it has the feel of it being past its peak.  People also aren't as excited about the things that defined the hipster movement as they were a few years ago.  Would anybody else agree with that?

Subject: Re: Is hipster culture on its way out?

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/02/17 at 8:27 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it did fade out under TrumpWorld. Being a "conservative tough guy" has slowly become cool since 2015, while hipsters are mocked for being "weakling liberal cucks" or "nu-males".

I've always thought hipster culture was one of the dumbest cliques ever, so in all honesty I'm glad it's dying.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/02/17 at 8:30 pm

Hipster culture is just fading out.

Written By: Looney Toon on 04/02/17 at 8:30 pm

I don't see Hipster culture living past the 2010s. Probably making it as far as 2020 or 2021. By then another set of counter cultural movement will be set in place. Not the biggest fan of counter cultures except for maybe the 1920s Flapper Girls since I liked the idea that they were aiming for.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/02/17 at 8:31 pm

I don't see Hipster culture living past the 2010s. Probably making it as far as 2020 or 2021. By then another set of counter cultural movement will be set in place.

Hopefully, it might be Microsoft-loving geeks. Then I would finally be hip with something since 2011.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/02/17 at 8:35 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it did fade out under TrumpWorld. Being a "conservative tough guy" has slowly become cool since 2015, while hipsters are mocked for being "weakling liberal cucks" or "nu-males".

I've always thought hipster culture was one of the dumbest cliques ever, so in all honesty I'm glad it's dying.

I haven't seen much evidence of "conservative tough guys" being cool but if true...UGH. So we're going from one stupid culture to another? Why can't people just be genuine, rational human beings instead of cattle?

I don't know about any of you, but I don't see any culture building around Trump besides an anti-Trump scene.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/02/17 at 8:36 pm

It's probably at its saturation point, right now.  :P

Written By: 80sfan on 04/02/17 at 8:38 pm

I would love that conservative look. Sorry, my inner centrist/Right winged part is tickling!  :D

Written By: Looney Toon on 04/02/17 at 8:39 pm

I haven't seen much evidence of "conservative tough guys" being cool but if true...UGH. So we're going from one stupid culture to another? Why can't people just be genuine, rational human beings instead of cattle?

I don't know about any of you, but I don't see any culture building around Trump besides an anti-Trump scene.

Counter Cultures have almost always been sort of dumb to me. Most of them amount to nothing more than just a trendy thing that'll just end up fading away after a few years. I don't hate Hipsters, but I don't see the reason on why the culture actually exists. I can understand if you have people who don't like the mainstream, but it certainly did not need a cultural/life style built around it.

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/02/17 at 8:43 pm

There's a pro-Trump scene too. People like Milo Yiannopoulous didn't just suddenly spring up in popularity over the past two years for no reason.

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 04/02/17 at 8:48 pm

I would love that conservative look. Sorry, my inner centrist/Right winged part is tickling!  :D

Is this the conservative look that's tickling you?

http://hinterlandgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/scott-walker.png

Written By: #Infinity on 04/02/17 at 8:50 pm

Well, to begin with, "hipster" is a terribly loose term and has technically existed way before the late 2000s (it appears in the Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock" from 1993), and seems to waver between two distinct stereotypes. The first is those who despise mainstream pop and television and prefer digging for underground bands and art forms, often negatively perceived as cynical and elitist. The other 2010s stereotype is people who are obsessed with their iPhones, constantly post on social media, get personally offended by the pettiest matters (I don't mean Trump, I mean more along the lines of the Ghostbusters controversy), and pretend to be fighting for diversity when really they're just brainwashing individuals into their own image.

In all frankness, I think the former type of hipster was more dominant around the early 2010s, back when popular culture was becoming more progressive but social media hadn't quite exploded to the point that people had lost their social skills and ability to critically think. The latter "hipster," in all frankness, is trendier than ever before. Social media has not declined in the slightest, and the unexpected election of Trump has galvanized the long-growing backlash against modern conservatism. It's harder than ever to take a middle stance when you're literally voiceless without enlisting in a one-side, social media-fueled movement.

I also don't think this so-called "conservative tough guy" lifestyle is really becoming popular. Trump's support base is predominantly Boomers and Silents, and even then, his approval ratings have plummeted dramatically in the less than 3 months since he was inaugurated. I still see bland thrift shop attire, fade tops, side buzzes, body and face piercings, tattoos, and thick-rimmed glasses everywhere I go.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/02/17 at 9:06 pm

Is this the conservative look that's tickling you?

http://hinterlandgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/scott-walker.png

I like the suit. I don't like the head on it.  :o

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/02/17 at 9:14 pm

There's a pro-Trump scene too. People like Milo Yiannopoulous didn't just suddenly spring up in popularity over the past two years for no reason.

I've noticed that there's been a reaction against the social justice movement but that reaction is not without its huge flaws. There are plenty of honest to god racists and reactionaries inside the anti-social justice movement and I bet $100 they'll unwittingly drag the movement down. Possibly destroy it before it really gets off the ground.

Also, the universe hasn't been too kind to Milo lately.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/02/17 at 9:16 pm

I've noticed that there's been a reaction against the social justice movement but that reaction is not without its huge flaws. There are plenty of honest to god racists and reactionaries inside the anti-social justice movement and I bet $100 they'll unwittingly drag the movement down. Possibly destroy it before it really gets off the ground.

Also, the universe hasn't been to kind to Milo lately.

Milo is a scumbag.

I'm not fond of most SJWs but they are a reaction to the historically very conservative United States.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/02/17 at 9:20 pm

Also, the universe hasn't been to kind to Milo lately.

It's called instant karma. It's rare. Relish it! Enjoy it!  :P  8)

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/02/17 at 9:25 pm

Milo is a scumbag.

I'm not fond of most SJWs but they are a reaction to the historically very conservative United States.

I agree. That's another big issue with the anti-social justice movement. A lot of them think being a scumbag is warranted. I might be wrong, but the Youtube boycott seems to be putting the fear of god into a lot of anti-social justice youtube channels.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/02/17 at 9:27 pm

I agree. That's another big issue with the anti-social justice movement. A lot of them think being a scumbag is warranted. I might be wrong, but the Youtube boycott seems to be putting the fear of god into a lot of anti-social justice youtube channels.

I don't know about the last part but the first part I agree wholeheartedly.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/02/17 at 9:29 pm

It's called instant karma. It's rare. Relish it! Enjoy it!  :P  8)

lol. Right? He was on top of the world for a moment but what goes around, comes around.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/02/17 at 9:31 pm

I don't know about the last part but the first part I agree wholeheartedly.

I don't know about the last part either but it seems like the boycott is making people rethink posting offensive material. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing tho. B

Written By: HeyJealousy on 04/02/17 at 9:34 pm

In short, yes. I still see the hairdos and hipster fashion around from time to time, but it's not quite the popular craze it used to be some 2-4 years ago.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/02/17 at 9:34 pm

I don't have a problem with Hipster fashion, or culture. Never understood the hate for it.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/02/17 at 9:35 pm

I don't know about the last part either but it seems like the boycott is making people rethink posting offensive material. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing tho. B

IDK  ???

In short, yes. I still see the hairdos and hipster fashion around from time to time, but it's not quite the popular craze it used to be some 2-4 years ago.

I agree.

Written By: 2001 on 04/02/17 at 9:43 pm

I would love it if crew cuts were a trend again. Although I love slick-back/side swept hair and pomadours as well, sometimes you can't go wrong with a global classic.  :-X

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/02/17 at 9:46 pm

I don't have a problem with Hipster fashion, or culture. Never understood the hate for it.

My issue with the hate is that it just comes off like "it's different, trendy, and I don't like it." Although that emotion understandable, it's still immature and vapid. I really dislike when people hate on things without offering something else. You don't like something. Fine. What do you like then?

Written By: 2001 on 04/02/17 at 9:59 pm

The hilarious thing about Milo is that it exposed a lot of double standards and hypocrisy in people who say things like "getting offended means you're censoring my free speech!!". It seems everyone on all sides agrees that freedom of expression doesn't mean freedom from consequence for saying offensive things (or rather, your freedom of expression doesn't supersede my freedom of association). It's just that conservatives think different things are offensive (pedophillia) while other things (racism, sexism, transphobia etc.) are acceptable. Looking at the demographics of people who believe in that ideology, one can hardly be surprised at their choice of what not to be offended by.

It's funny, because long before Milo was ousted as a pedo protector, I remember writing a post here about why it's not okay to troll about being a racist for the same reason it's not okay to troll about being a pedophile. And look what happened. The future was foretold! ;D

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/02/17 at 10:00 pm

My prediction is that since conservatism is starting to become the rage, masculine like counter culture (harken back to the Nu Metal/Pop Punk days) is going to make a comeback. 2017 will probably be the last year the Hipster trend is noticeably around, starting around 2018 its going to die out.

Written By: Looney Toon on 04/02/17 at 10:06 pm

My prediction is that since conservatism is starting to become the rage, masculine like counter culture (harken back to the Nu Metal/Pop Punk days) is going to make a comeback. 2017 will probably be the last year the Hipster trend is noticeably around, starting around 2018 its going to die out.

That falls more in line with a late 1990s/early-mid 2000s revival since Nu Metal and Pop Punk hit mainstream in that time. I suppose that matches with the rising increase of nostalgia for the late 1990s and early-mid 2000s. Although I never took notice for a raging masculine counter culture. That almost seems like a backlash to certain parts of the SJW community who despises things that are overly masculine.

Written By: 2001 on 04/02/17 at 10:06 pm

I don't have a problem with it generally, but some of its derivatives are an eye-sore. I'm talking sandals with socks and unkempt beards. No thank you! ;D

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/02/17 at 10:11 pm

That falls more in line with a late 1990s/early-mid 2000s revival since Nu Metal and Pop Punk hit mainstream in that time. I suppose that matches with the rising increase of nostalgia for the late 1990s and early-mid 2000s. Although I never took notice for a raging masculine counter culture. That almost seems like a backlash to certain parts of the SJW community who despises things that are overly masculine.

Yeah that makes perfect sense actually. It could be a mixture of the backlash against the hipster/SJW look of the early-mid 2010's and the rising nostalgia of the baggier clothing of the late 90's/early 00's. Remember the mid 2010's was mainly a revival of earlier 90's fashion (1990-1994) so the late 2010's will probably be mostly a revival of latter 90's fashion (1995-1999). In fact this actually makes the most sense when you read this wikipedia article based on current 2010's fashion trends getting big as we speak:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010s_in_fashion

If you scroll down to the Late 2010's section in both the female and male sections you'll see what I mean!

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/02/17 at 10:26 pm

I really, really don't want the baggy look to come back...ever.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/02/17 at 10:38 pm

Hipster culture is indeed on its way out. People are starting follow more mainstream trends and there aren't as much hipster music that is popular out there.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/02/17 at 10:39 pm

I do! The baggy look is awesome!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/02/17 at 10:43 pm

Certified correct.  8)

Written By: bchris02 on 04/02/17 at 10:44 pm

Counter Cultures have almost always been sort of dumb to me. Most of them amount to nothing more than just a trendy thing that'll just end up fading away after a few years. I don't hate Hipsters, but I don't see the reason on why the culture actually exists. I can understand if you have people who don't like the mainstream, but it certainly did not need a cultural/life style built around it.

The thing is, it's usually the countercultural movement that becomes the next mainstream movement.  Hipsters haven't really been countercultural since 2013.  In the late '00s they are more of a true countercultural movement.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/02/17 at 10:58 pm

I don't have a problem with it generally, but some of its derivatives are an eye-sore. I'm talking sandals with socks and unkempt beards. No thank you! ;D

I like the unkempt beard without the man bun.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/02/17 at 11:16 pm

Hipster culture is indeed on its way out. People are starting follow more mainstream trends and there aren't as much hipster music that is popular out there.

The problem is mainstream sucks now

Written By: Slim95 on 04/02/17 at 11:33 pm

The problem is mainstream sucks now

Mainstream stuff always sucked though.  :P

Written By: 80sfan on 04/02/17 at 11:41 pm

Not really. I like a lot of mainstream things from the 1980's and 1990's!

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/02/17 at 11:47 pm

No it hasn't.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/03/17 at 1:09 am

No it hasn't.

Yeah it has. That's just nostalgia talking. For decades people have been complaining about mainstream pop culture.

Written By: Arrowstone on 04/03/17 at 5:15 am

I don't care what you wear, as long as you respect yourself. Clothing can be a part of that.
For me, that means at least no pants with holes in it. I mean, come on.

Written By: Looney Toon on 04/03/17 at 6:48 am

Yeah it has. That's just nostalgia talking. For decades people have been complaining about mainstream pop culture.

Right?! People only get to realizing that a certain decade's mainstream culture is actually good about 20 years AFTER the decade has ended. Which at that point is just their nostalgia talking. But in the actual moments where said mainstream was current people just complained about it again and again. 2010's pop culture not being all that good isn't anything new. People have been complaining about pop culture since the 1930s.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/03/17 at 7:39 am

Right?! People only get to realizing that a certain decade's mainstream culture is actually good about 20 years AFTER the decade has ended. Which at that point is just their nostalgia talking. But in the actual moments where said mainstream was current people just complained about it again and again. 2010's pop culture not being all that good isn't anything new. People have been complaining about pop culture since the 1930s.

There is some truth to what both of you are saying but you guys aren't 100% correct.

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 04/03/17 at 11:39 am

There's always people who complain about pop culture and then there's people who like it when it's around and current. So it's not just that all pop culture sucks and nostalgia makes them like it twenty years later. And there might even be periods when more people like the current popular culture than in other periods.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/03/17 at 12:01 pm

Some baggy styles work but most of it just make people look homeless.  ;D

Written By: the2001 on 04/03/17 at 12:42 pm

If you look at some  of Balenciaga's newest shows, you can see a VERY relaxed baggy fit, not to mentioned Kanye West wearing Addidas Track pants etc, there is a more leisure aesthetic

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/03/17 at 1:01 pm

I hope so. That culture has over stayed its welcome, and it has also become a disaster.

And people don't want to people (especially guys) in tight clothing. There's no win in this :(

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/03/17 at 1:41 pm

I hope so. That culture has over stayed its welcome, and it has also become a disaster.
And people don't want to people (especially guys) in tight clothing. There's no win in this :(

There's always the perfect medium...clothes that fit.  :D

Written By: bchris02 on 04/03/17 at 4:30 pm

Tight clothing on guys seems like more of an early '10s thing to me (and late '00s for the emo/scene crowd).  The mid '10s in male fashion has seemed to be focus on clothes that fit well.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/03/17 at 4:35 pm

There's always the perfect medium...clothes that fit.  :D

Tight clothing on guys seems like more of an early '10s thing to me (and late '00s for the emo/scene crowd).  The mid '10s in male fashion has seemed to be focus on clothes that fit well.
Do you both consider levis to be tight or fit? It's because I have been wearing them for sometime.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/03/17 at 4:37 pm

Baggy >>> Fit > Tight

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/03/17 at 7:51 pm

Do you both consider levis to be tight or fit? It's because I have been wearing them for sometime.

Levis tend to look like they fit well, but wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

Written By: 2001 on 04/03/17 at 7:53 pm

Baggy >>> Fit > Tight

Baggy belongs with those aluminum foil costumes and space suits on the cat walk. :-X Show a kid a picture from the mid/late '90s/early 2000s and they'll react the same way we did when we their age and saw bell bottoms ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 04/03/17 at 7:59 pm

Baggy belongs with those aluminum foil costumes and space suits on the cat walk. :-X Show a kid a picture from the mid/late '90s/early 2000s and they'll react the same way we did when we their age and saw bell bottoms ;D

I like it. 1990s to early 2000s fashion was really good.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/03/17 at 10:34 pm

Levis tend to look like they fit well, but wear whatever you feel comfortable in.
Have you worn them before?

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/03/17 at 11:22 pm

I've always been a fan of straight leg or fitted jeans myself. Especially Levis, there so comfortable

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/04/17 at 12:36 am

Have you worn them before?

Yeah. Levis are comfortable. I'm not a very stylish person. I just wear whatever is 1. comfortable and 2. appropriate. The baggy and tight style can be both but they tend not to look it.

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 04/04/17 at 12:35 pm

From everything I've read, I'm still not seeing what hipster culture is. There seems to be nothing empirical about it, like how in the past you could attach an image to goths, punks, skaters, stoners, hippies, yuppies, preppies, jocks, nerds etc. and identify them visually. All I get is a completely amorphous notion in my mind when I try to think of a hipster.

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 04/04/17 at 12:54 pm

I even looked up "Hipster (subculture)" on wikipedia and the article didn't have a single image of a hipster, as opposed to hippie, goth, punk etc., whose articles have images of stereotypical members. From what I can tell "hipster" is just a name for some trends held to varying degrees by many different people, most of whom likely don't embody even a majority of these trends (urban, middle class to affluent, preferring organic food etc.), that's used mainly in the derogatory and is treated like it applies to a clear-cut group of people but really just refers to a jumble of trends which don't coexist in any precise group.

The word seems like a product of people forming their ideas about society from the internet rather than from experience of the world. People identify some trends in attitudes and opinions expressed online and then think these apply to a real group of people, when really they're just tendencies of opinion and attitude passing through online space (a mode of behavior people adopt when commenting and interacting online, and which doesn't accurately reflect what people are like in person).

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 04/04/17 at 12:59 pm

You might say "hipster" is more an internet meme than a human subculture, but given how much of people's lives is spent on the internet nowadays, and how much interaction and discourse occurs online, such a meme could be about as important or as influential as a subculture was in the past. But it's far more amorphous and less empirically identifiable than the subcultures of the past. It's more just a cluster of tendencies in opinion and attitude expressed online that many readers assume inhere in some visually identifiable group of people "out there" but which probably don't, and instead are held to varying degrees by diverse people all over the place.

Just the fact that these tendencies are assumed to identify some group indicates how much we're still accustomed to grouping people according to cliques formed through in-person interaction, and which are often self-identified cliques, and we still have a long way to go in adapting our thinking to the sociological affects that the internet has wrought.

Or maybe we could say that hipster is a memetic subculture rather than the old fashion face to face kind, and the former is a lot more ambiguous than the latter. Members of old fashion face to face subcultures would generally self-identify, whereas few identify themselves as hipsters.

Written By: 2001 on 04/04/17 at 1:36 pm

From everything I've read, I'm still not seeing what hipster culture is. There seems to be nothing empirical about it, like how in the past you could attach an image to goths, punks, skaters, stoners, hippies, yuppies, preppies, jocks, nerds etc. and identify them visually. All I get is a completely amorphous notion in my mind when I try to think of a hipster.

No one self-identifies as hipster, people are only hipster relative to each other. The only way to avoid being labelled hipster is to be non-descript as possible.  :-X

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/6d/cb/e9/6dcbe90154a916fd301a82be378e34ff.jpg

"Although the hipster may be dying out", haha, this image is from 2010. ;D

Written By: musicguy93 on 04/04/17 at 9:24 pm

I can give you examples of hipster fashion. Try not to vomit:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3b/93/30/3b9330c2b83628cb745340e665d0c243.jpg

http://images.dailyhive.com/20160614154204/hipster-couple-e1470341528645.jpg

https://i1.wp.com/24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lob25d3k4H1qi2davo1_500.jpg

http://buzz16.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Hot-Looks-for-Teen-Boys-to-try-in-2016-34.jpg

http://www.mens-hairstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Fashion-Hairstyles-for-Men.jpg

http://www.amedlim.net/images/1-moda.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/wpid-Hipster-Tumblr-Guys-2014-2015-2.jpg

Now you know why I hate 2010s fashion. All this hideous hipster garbage dominates this decade.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/04/17 at 9:25 pm

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3b/93/30/3b9330c2b83628cb745340e665d0c243.jpg

http://buzz16.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Hot-Looks-for-Teen-Boys-to-try-in-2016-34.jpg

http://www.mens-hairstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Fashion-Hairstyles-for-Men.jpg

Now you know why I hate 2010s fashion. All this hideous hipster garbage dominates this decade.

The 1st and last pictures are actually fine to me. The other ones though.... 8-P

Written By: musicguy93 on 04/04/17 at 9:27 pm

The 1st and last pictures are actually fine to me. The other ones though.... 8-P

None of them are fine to me. The colors, the style, the designs, the fit, etc. Ugh I can't take it anymore  >:(! It doesn't help that almost everyone my age dresses like this in the Silicon Valley.

By the way I also added another puke-inducing pic to my post.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/04/17 at 9:29 pm

Hipsters are lame. I hope they die out by 2018/2019.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/04/17 at 9:32 pm

None of them are fine to me. The colors, the style, the designs, the fit, etc. Ugh I can't take it anymore  >:(! It doesn't help that almost everyone my age dresses like this in the Silicon Valley.

By the way I also added another puke-inducing pic to my post.

Don't get me wrong...in general I dislike the current hipster fashion but those 2 pics...I personally found tolerable. Also, the pic you added is not good but not bad.

Written By: musicguy93 on 04/04/17 at 9:35 pm

Hipsters are lame. I hope they die out by 2018/2019.

Me too, Jordan, me too. Living in the Silicon Valley, you know as much as I do how much this area has gone down the crapper. Not just in terms of fashion, but also in the way people think and act as well. Most people just seem so similar to one another.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/04/17 at 9:35 pm

Me too, Jordan, me too. Living in the Silicon Valley, you know as much as I do how much this area has gone down the crapper. Not just in terms of fashion, but also in the way people think and act as well. Most people just seem so similar to one another.

I live in NYC and see hipsters everyday :(. Fitting that this is my 666th post....;).

Written By: musicguy93 on 04/04/17 at 9:37 pm

Don't get me wrong...in general I dislike the current hipster fashion but those 2 pics...I personally found tolerable. Also, the pic you added is not good but not bad.

I guess I can understand that. Sorry if I'm acting a bit over-dramatic right now. There's just been a bunch of stuff that's been bugging me lately. Not just fashion.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/04/17 at 9:37 pm

We've always had that reputation for being "smug" around here and I never really bought into it since people were generally friendly and down to earth when I was growing up. Nowadays, however, it's a lot different with all these hipsters thinking they're god's gift to the world because they can work an iPad. Gimme a break! ::)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/04/17 at 9:38 pm

I guess I can understand that. Sorry if I'm acting a bit over-dramatic right now. There's just been a bunch of stuff that's been bugging me lately. Not just fashion.

That's OK, I feel you bruv  :).

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/04/17 at 10:09 pm

We know what you hate.
Give us examples of what you like and what fashion you wish dominated the culture.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/04/17 at 11:23 pm

I like 2010s fashion a lot better than 2000s.

Written By: #Infinity on 04/04/17 at 11:59 pm

We've always had that reputation for being "smug" around here and I never really bought into it since people were generally friendly and down to earth when I was growing up. Nowadays, however, it's a lot different with all these hipsters thinking they're god's gift to the world because they can work an iPad. Gimme a break! ::)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/bc/d3/d9/bcd3d9954a735b485be27e7d7b4fb48f.jpg
"Go back to your fabricated 80s/90s wasteland, you pompous jerk. This is reality. People are diverse. You're just afraid to accept change."

https://barbarianstyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Mohawk-haircut-for-men.jpg
"#Misogynist"

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/05/17 at 12:12 am

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/bc/d3/d9/bcd3d9954a735b485be27e7d7b4fb48f.jpg
"Go back to your fabricated 80s/90s wasteland, you pompous jerk. This is reality. People are diverse. You're just afraid to accept change."

https://barbarianstyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Mohawk-haircut-for-men.jpg
"#Misogynist"

I should feel bad for being such a jerk! Our hipster friends are right! Dying your hair bright peacock colors and sticking a billion different piercings in your face is the true meaning of equality. If you don't follow these rules then you're scum!

Lol : P

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/06/17 at 5:29 am

Good question! Then again I'm too old for bandwagon jumping into trends.

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/06/17 at 5:37 am

http://www.amedlim.net/images/1-moda.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/wpid-Hipster-Tumblr-Guys-2014-2015-2.jpg

The whole reason men don't belong in skinny jeans. Their legs look like twigs.

To me it's people who dress years out of style and kind of...tacky? For the sake of being different. It's one of those things you'd know it when you saw it.

Check for new replies or respond here...