inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Abercrombie & Fitch should rebrand

Written By: bchris02 on 04/08/17 at 11:21 pm

I think so many rebrandings that happen are entirely unnecessary and in many case hurt the brand.  However, I think one company that needs a rebrand is Abercrombie & Fitch.  To be honest, I really like their clothes these days.  It's much more mature/adult than what they were selling a decade ago.  A lot of the clothes I wear are from Abercrombie because I really like the current style they have.  However, their brand image is that of an '00s teen fad and that's going to drive the company into the ground if they don't do something about it.  A lot of people my age are embarrassed to wear Abercrombie because they still think of it as it was back in its early 2000s heyday.  Meanwhile, I doubt today's kids think its cool like people my age did in 2002.

What are your thoughts on this?  How could Abercromibie turn around its image?

Subject: Re: Abercrombie & Fitch should rebrand

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/09/17 at 6:36 am

What are your thoughts on this?  How could Abercromibie turn around its image?

Rebrand to Fitch & Abercrombie.

Subject: Re: Abercrombie & Fitch should rebrand

Written By: 2001 on 04/09/17 at 9:52 am

We don't have Abercrombie & Fitch here, but I still wear my Aeropostale and American Eagle shirts all the time. They make me look casual and approachable.  :D

They need to go after hipsters. Remove the corporate brands off the clothes obviously, and go vegan-friendly or something. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...