inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Had a weird Dream last night about 2018

Written By: the2001 on 04/15/17 at 8:28 pm

I have had premonitions before, but whether or not this is going to happen is debatable.
I had a very weird dream that took place in 2018, and here is what happened.

First, I saw my phone in the dream that read August 2018, I could not read what day it was but I
100% saw the date AUG 2018. Things seemed very different in the dream, very realistic. The music
that was on the radio was a NEW genre. It was like Tropical soft rock/indie. Almost like Lana Del Rey
but with Hawaiian tropical slow vibes . It is very hard to explain but I was in a CVS in the dream and heard it playing on the speakers,
and someone in there was talking about how it was new artist that is taking over the airwaves. I also heard a pop punk song on the radio
as well, it sounded new!

I started walking in some Mall in LA, and the Best Buy was closing down for some reason, the MACYS was gone.
The Starbucks on the second floor had a different storefront, and I got a venti frapp.  Someone in starbucks was
talking about a new episode of MTV super sweet 16.

That is all I remember of the dream.

Subject: Re: Had a weird Dream last night about 2018

Written By: Ripley on 04/15/17 at 9:11 pm

I have had several premonitions come true. Both from dreams and just thinking of something. And with the way music is I wouldn't be surprised if this happend. And I'm surprised Best Buy is still in business. But I have had some very strange dreams. Some of them I'm honestly afraid if they come true. I've had some apocalyptic ones. 😞

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/17 at 9:44 pm

I have been dreaming for many a decade now, and none of them have come true.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/15/17 at 10:24 pm

I have had premonitions before, but whether or not this is going to happen is debatable.
I had a very weird dream that took place in 2018, and here is what happened.

First, I saw my phone in the dream that read August 2018, I could not read what day it was but I
100% saw the date AUG 2018. Things seemed very different in the dream, very realistic. The music
that was on the radio was a NEW genre. It was like Tropical soft rock/indie. Almost like Lana Del Rey
but with Hawaiian tropical slow vibes . It is very hard to explain but I was in a CVS in the dream and heard it playing on the speakers,
and someone in there was talking about how it was new artist that is taking over the airwaves. I also heard a pop punk song on the radio
as well, it sounded new!

I started walking in some Mall in LA, and the Best Buy was closing down for some reason, the MACYS was gone.
The Starbucks on the second floor had a different storefront, and I got a venti frapp.  Someone in starbucks was
talking about a new episode of MTV super sweet 16.

That is all I remember of the dream.

Stock market crash in 2018??  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/17 at 10:46 pm

Start saving and moving your money now?  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 04/15/17 at 10:55 pm

Start saving and moving your money now?  ;D

Sometimes it's better that dreams don't come true!  :(  :(  ;D  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 04/15/17 at 11:38 pm

That's pretty interesting.

I wish I got dreams about the future. Instead, I get nightmares about writing exams for classes I apparently didn't bother attending.  ;D

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/16/17 at 1:20 am

Well I can't wait until the new type of music comes. I'm really looking forward to it.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/16/17 at 2:06 am

You're lucky you have dreams of the future. I've had dreams of time travel to the past (sometimes the '50s or just the '90s but it's not always clear what time period it is) and those are really cool but it would be extra cool to have a dream that takes place in the future. Hopefully one day I will get a dream like that, it's fun to have. Time travel dreams are actually my favourite types of dreams but I don't get them often.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/16/17 at 2:07 am

Well I can't wait until the new type of music comes. I'm really looking forward to it.

Me too. Whatever the sound may be I am open to some change.

Written By: Ripley on 04/16/17 at 2:33 am

That's pretty interesting.

I wish I got dreams about the future. Instead, I get nightmares about writing exams for classes I apparently didn't bother attending.  ;D

I used to dream that I had to go back to high school. I never could find my class schedule and half the times the room I was supposed to go to or my locker combo.  :D

And let's not forget going to school without pants on. I first had this one back in elementary school. ROFL

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 04/16/17 at 2:37 am

I had a recurring dream in the past that it was summer during the Late 2020s and the temperatures forecast for Sydney for the next day were between 48-53c (118 F - 127 F). In the dream, I was watching a weather forecast with my Dad on TV and the temperatures were nothing out of the ordinary for summer. The increase in temperatures was simply as a result of climate change. None of my dreams have ever come to reality, although it's probably a good thing for the most part.

Written By: Ripley on 04/16/17 at 2:44 am

I had a recurring dream in the past that it was summer during the Late 2020s and the temperatures forecast for Sydney for the next day were between 48-53c (118 F - 127 F). In the dream, I was watching a weather forecast with my Dad on TV and the temperatures were nothing out of the ordinary for summer. The increase in temperatures was simply as a result of climate change. None of my dreams have ever come to reality, although it's probably a good thing for the most part.

If I normally had those temps  8-P
But one year it was in the 110 F - 115 F range for a record amount of time during the summer.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/16/17 at 2:53 am

Yuck, the hottest temperature I have experienced was around 45 with humidex.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 04/16/17 at 3:19 am

But one year it was in the 110 F - 115 F range for a record amount of time during the summer.

I have never experienced those type of temperatures either. It was just a dream predicting what temperatures could be like in ten years time. I think the hottest temperature I have ever experienced is 47c (116 F).

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/16/17 at 3:27 am

Ok, this is getting a little bit silly now, don't you think? ::) If that version of 2018 comes true than 2018's gonna suck! 8-P

Written By: Slim95 on 04/16/17 at 3:32 am

Ok, this is getting a little bit silly now, don't you think? ::) If that version of 2018 comes true than 2018's gonna suck! 8-P

No it's just a dream. I liked hearing the OP's story.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/16/17 at 3:33 am

Kinda silly, though. ::)

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/16/17 at 3:39 am

The music that was on the radio was a NEW genre. It was like Tropical soft rock/indie.

Tropical soft rock? You mean like... the Pina Coalada Song? ;D

If 2018's music will be that way then 2018's music is either gonna be awesome or terrible, depending on who you ask.

Written By: the2001 on 04/16/17 at 9:46 am

I had a dream about the economy crashing in 2005 and it happened lol

Written By: the2001 on 04/16/17 at 9:47 am

Not sure, The Macys logo on the storefront was ripped off , and the inside was dark, The Best Buy
had yellow signs saying like FINAL SALE on it

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/16/17 at 10:51 am

So in 2018, do people gain more sympathy with the 2000s?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/16/17 at 11:23 am

I had a dream about the economy crashing in 2005 and it happened lol

Three years later.

Written By: 2001 on 04/16/17 at 11:55 am

Oh, I had that dream before. I was naked, and I was trying to hide. It was like a video game. ;D

But thanks to that nudity thread, I now know to just show it loud and proud  8) (and hope I don't get arrested)

I've been in 50 (without humidex). I got sick and was hospitalized. :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/16/17 at 1:30 pm

I had a nightmare last night.

It was 2018 and Pitbull had announced his retirement.  :o

Written By: the2001 on 04/16/17 at 1:33 pm

So in 2018, do people gain more sympathy with the 2000s?

not sure, but 2018 felt like the 2000s alot tho

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/16/17 at 5:40 pm

I had a nightmare last night.

It was 2018 and Pitbull had announced his retirement.  :o

Horrible nightmare!!!

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/04/18 at 10:59 am

100% saw the date AUG 2018. Things seemed very different in the dream, very realistic.

Well, it's August 2018 right now.  ;D

Written By: John Titor on 08/04/18 at 11:29 am

Well, it's August 2018 right now.  ;D

Wait I think he is right, pop punk is kinda coming back LOL
And Super Sweet 16 is back on mtv lol

Also about the macys thing

Macy's stock is doing almost as well as Amazon
CNNMoney-Aug 2, 2018
Another reason for the Macy's turnaround: The company has started to close underperforming stores and has sold off some of its real estate ...

Written By: Dundee on 08/05/18 at 1:07 pm

Dang you people, the closest to futuristic stuff I ever dreamed about was a transparent/see-through toilet, which is like the grossest and most useless idea you can possibly have ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...