inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What do you think the next musical revolution will be?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 05/11/17 at 9:50 pm

I hope it's rock and electronic effects mixed with lots of psychedelic effects. I want it to be something that absolutely amazes me and leaves me in awe

Subject: Re: What do you think the next musical revolution will be?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/11/17 at 9:57 pm

Based on the opinions of many users on here...the next musical revolution is when holographic musicians and celebrities take over real ones and we have microchips implanted into our brains....you know, because the "super high tech" future is so amazing fam ::).

Written By: nintieskid999 on 05/11/17 at 10:10 pm

Based on the opinions of many users on here...the next musical revolution is when holographic musicians and celebrities take over real ones and we have microchips implanted into our brains....you know, because the "super high tech" future is so amazing fam ::).

I fear the future will be totally bleak and soulless. It's like the emotion is being stripped out of everything and everything is becoming more bland and conformist.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/11/17 at 10:13 pm

I fear the future will be totally bleak and soulless. It's like the emotion is being stripped out of everything and everything is becoming more bland and conformist.

Yeah and also monotonous. You and me are apart of the minority of people who don't want a "super high tech" future.

I just hope that music will rebound and rock comes back (real rock music) 8).

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/11/17 at 11:12 pm

Yeah and also monotonous. You and me are apart of the minority of people who don't want a "super high tech" future.

I just hope that music will rebound and rock comes back (real rock music) 8).

Don't worry. I don't think the super high tech future you keep moping about is in store for either of us.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/11/17 at 11:27 pm

Don't worry. I don't think the super high tech future you keep moping about is in store for either of us.

I thought you said it's going to happen soon. Also, if I sound mopey then I apologize...make no mistake I'm not averse to some technological advancements and innovations but what seemingly a lot of people want technology to advance to is just too far for me. I'm actually content with the tech that we have currently.

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/12/17 at 12:08 am

I thought you said it's going to happen soon. Also, if I sound mopey then I apologize...make no mistake I'm not averse to some technological advancements and innovations but what seemingly a lot of people want technology to advance to is just too far for me. I'm actually content with the tech that we have currently.

Whenever I say things like "you keep moping about" I'm just jesting. I'm sure I come off as mopey, or angry, or crazy, an ahole on the internet all the time.  ;) If only words could express what speech can.

Did I say a high-tech future will happen soon? Maybe I did...but that doesn't sound like me because that isn't what I believe. I would love for technology to advance by 50 years in the next 10 but I get a strong feeling that we've reached some kind of plateau. I get a feeling we'll see more automation and it'll be a huge concern in the 2030s. We'll probably see more advances in technology but they won't SEEM applicable to everyday life like the way laptops are.

While I can give or take more automation, I really want there to be more advances in how were travel (like the hyperloop) and space colonization.

Either way, technological advances will be made because there are too many idealists out there. As long as we live in a free society, idealists will keep experimenting.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/17 at 12:16 am

Whenever I say things like "you keep moping about" I'm just jesting. I'm sure I come off as mopey, or angry, or crazy, an ahole on the internet all the time.  ;) If only words could express what speech can.

Did I say a high-tech future will happen soon? Maybe I did...but that doesn't sound like me because that isn't what I believe. I would love for technology to advance by 50 years in the next 10 but I get a strong feeling that we've reached some kind of plateau. I get a feeling we'll see more automation and it'll be a huge concern in the 2030s. We'll probably see more advances in technology but they won't SEEM applicable to everyday life like the way laptops are.

While I can give or take more automation, I really want there to be more advances in how were travel (like the hyperloop) and space colonization.

Either way, technological advances will be made because there are too many idealists out there. As long as we live in a free society, idealists will keep experimenting.

Your last sentence is correct.

Hyperloop travel won't be a thing for 50 or more years. Space colonization won't be a thing for another 100 years or more. Obviously those are just my guesses.

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/12/17 at 1:52 am

Your last sentence is correct.

Hyperloop travel won't be a thing for 50 or more years. Space colonization won't be a thing for another 100 years or more. Obviously those are just my guesses.

I actually think Hyperloop travel might be right around the corner...for specific cities anyways. As for space colonization...hahaha...there's probably a greater chance of us nuking ourselves back a few centuries than us colonizing space. It's a nice dream tho.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/17 at 2:27 am

I actually think Hyperloop travel might be right around the corner...for specific cities anyways. As for space colonization...hahaha...there's probably a greater chance of us nuking ourselves back a few centuries than us colonizing space. It's a nice dream tho.

You're correct ;D.

Written By: Emman on 05/12/17 at 1:29 pm

I hope it's rock and electronic effects mixed with lots of psychedelic effects. I want it to be something that absolutely amazes me and leaves me in awe

I really don't know, I think it would have to involve new musical instruments/or new ways of arranging music(like the sampler and tape loops before).

It could come from a foreign country(like China, Korea, ect).

We just to be stuck in a long rut, the dubstep wobble is the only musical effect that seems completely 21st century. It's like we've reached a cultural plateau where there is no innovation, instead musicians pilfering the past(the last 50 years) for sounds.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 05/12/17 at 3:02 pm

I really don't know, I think it would have to involve new musical instruments/or new ways of arranging music(like the sampler and tape loops before).

It could come from a foreign country(like China, Korea, ect).

We just to be stuck in a long rut, the dubstep wobble is the only musical effect that seems completely 21st century. It's like we've reached a cultural plateau where there is no innovation, instead musicians pilfering the past(the last 50 years) for sounds.

Isn't trap and the current style of EDM 21st century? They suck but they're new.

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/12/17 at 3:56 pm

Isn't trap and the current style of EDM 21st century? They suck but they're new.

I want to say it isn't possible to make anything that sounds new but I felt that way before hearing Animal Collective Merriweather Post Pavilion back in 09'.

1uY7rHxtmVM

So right now it feels like nothing fresh could possibly be made now but I've been wrong before.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/12/17 at 4:23 pm

Something electronic probably. A new genre with electronic elements to it.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/12/17 at 4:24 pm

Vocaloids and holographic rock stars won't probably be big until the 2030s-2040s. That would be really cool though.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/17 at 5:09 pm

Vocaloids and holographic rock stars won't probably be big until the 2030s-2040s. That would be really cool though.

Oh my bad....my fault for getting soooo excited a bit too early ::).

Written By: 80sfan on 05/12/17 at 5:22 pm

Rock needs to comeback to the mainstream!  :P

Written By: nintieskid999 on 05/12/17 at 10:01 pm

Something electronic probably. A new genre with electronic elements to it.

I want mainstream music to be like this
jhgVu2lsi_k

Written By: nintieskid999 on 05/13/17 at 1:01 pm

I think we need to protest the music industry if we want things to change

Written By: Howard on 05/13/17 at 4:58 pm

I think we need to protest the music industry if we want things to change

Who will be the one to protest? ???

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 05/13/17 at 6:36 pm

Hopefully, people will get tired of trap, EDM, and auto-tuned "music" and usher in another rock revolution.

Written By: Emman on 05/13/17 at 10:49 pm

Hopefully, people will get tired of trap, EDM, and auto-tuned "music" and usher in another rock revolution.

"EDM" needs to recover it's faster BPM, the EDM surge of '09-'13 had those pounding beats and juiced "energy drink" synths.

Now top 40 EDM is trying to be all ballad like and then have a chopped up synth-voice drop with no chorus.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/13/17 at 11:24 pm

Now top 40 EDM is trying to be all ballad like and then have a chopped up synth-voice drop with no chorus.

I hate the copped up voices. They just sound like bad noise to me, I really hope this trend dies.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 05/14/17 at 4:49 am

I want mainstream music to be like this

Royal Blood are really underrated and they're a band who deserve more mainstream success. In case anyone is unfamiliar with them, they are an English band. They only formed in 2013. I really like their song "Ten Tonne Skeleton".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD7NZTQ3QxY

Written By: nintieskid999 on 05/14/17 at 12:05 pm

Royal Blood are really underrated and they're a band who deserve more mainstream success. In case anyone is unfamiliar with them, they are an English band. They only formed in 2013. I really like their song "Ten Tonne Skeleton".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD7NZTQ3QxY

I love that song's intensity. I sometimes wonder why top 40 stays away from bands like that but loves to play chopped up slow EDM.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/17 at 1:39 pm

funk and disco.

Written By: costhiraius on 06/24/17 at 9:19 am

I'd like music like this (jazz Fusion Metal and Hard Rock) to be the next big thing musically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1ypynSLzY

Written By: costhiraius on 06/24/17 at 9:22 am

I'd like music like this (jazz Fusion Metal and Hard Rock) to be the next big thing musically.

I think it will work this time. It's not letting me preview for some reason.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/24/17 at 10:25 am

I think it will work this time. It's not letting me preview for some reason.

When trying to show YouTube videos you must copy and paste the part of the address after the "=". I see the YouTube link adrress you posted is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1ypynSLzY.  Only copy and paste "dv1ypynSLzY" and then highlight it and click on the YouTube icon/button.

Written By: costhiraius on 06/24/17 at 7:24 pm

Did it.  :)

This is the type of music I'd like to be the next big thing.

dv1ypynSLzY

Written By: Stillinthe90s on 06/24/17 at 7:46 pm

Kind of a facetious thought, but I've wondered if heroin use goes hand in hand with modern musical creativity (check out the 60s and 90s), then the U.S. could be primed for a musical breakthrough due to the growing opioid/fentanyl problem.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/30/17 at 4:38 am

Music industry making a comeback??

http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/jaHVhfFYwWOkC48hHJxNPI/From-villain-to-hero-How-streaming-is-reviving-a-dying-musi.html

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 06/30/17 at 6:37 am

I don't expect the quality of music to improve though. :(

Written By: 80sfan on 06/30/17 at 12:39 pm

Yeah, I mean, who cares if albums sell again if the music quality is dirt?

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/30/17 at 12:49 pm

I do. Maybe I'm a "dreamer" but via streaming, a larger amount of music groups/artists (that do not fit the narrow mold of modern mainstream Top 40) can reach a wider audience and hence, have a greater shot at making the mainstream.
If one southern rock group, for example, makes it big from doing so, than a slew of similar southern-rock groups will follow suit and "southern rock" will be the next big thang. Swap southern rock for punk or glam metal or dubstep and my point is no less valid

Written By: Slim95 on 06/30/17 at 12:58 pm

Musical taste is subjective. Some people like some mainstream music, others don't. But the fact is that mainstream music will never improve and match the quality of underground music. It has always been this way. Radio friendly music is targetted to a specific broad audience, so rock or other specific genres will not make some magical comeback and overtake the radio waves. We may see more variety of genres, different sounds, but it will never "improve" really, just hopefully we will get a couple catchy, not horrible sounding mainstream songs. Which there always will be, but it will never be "good music" really.

Written By: Howard on 06/30/17 at 2:54 pm

Music industry making a comeback??

http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/jaHVhfFYwWOkC48hHJxNPI/From-villain-to-hero-How-streaming-is-reviving-a-dying-musi.html

live streaming is definitely popular nowadays.

Check for new replies or respond here...