inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Alan Walker - Alone

Written By: bchris02 on 05/29/17 at 8:31 pm

I really wish dance pop would go in this direction.  Basically '90s euro-dance modernized.  I would love today's music if there were more songs like this.

1-xGerv5FOk

Subject: Re: Alan Walker - Alone

Written By: #Infinity on 05/29/17 at 8:57 pm

I wouldn't really call it a modernized 90s eurodance song, but I agree it's pretty good. It puts tunefulness first and has a pretty quirky synth breakdown.

Written By: bchris02 on 05/29/17 at 9:33 pm

I wouldn't really call it a modernized 90s eurodance song, but I agree it's pretty good. It puts tunefulness first and has a pretty quirky synth breakdown.

I think the tunefulness is what sounds '90s eurodance to me.  Not even early '10s electropop was that melodic.  I really hope more of these kinds of songs come.

Written By: #Infinity on 05/29/17 at 10:05 pm

I think the tunefulness is what sounds '90s eurodance to me.  Not even early '10s electropop was that melodic.  I really hope more of these kinds of songs come.

Early 2010s electropop was mostly quite melodic, but for the most part the progressions were fairly simple and a lot of phrases would linger around the same note or two (though sometimes this worked, like in "Teenage Dream," for example).

Check for new replies or respond here...