inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NBA star LeBron James has house vandalized with the "N-Word"

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/01/17 at 11:09 am

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lebron-james-los-angeles-home-vandalized-n-word-graffiti-n766651

"A source familiar with the incident told NBC News the "n-word" had been spray-painted on the gate.

The slur was painted over by the time officers arrived, authorities said. It was not immediately clear when it was first spray-painted on the property.

Authorities will likely check video in the area to help identify the culprit."

This is just purely sad. It shows you that even no matter how rich and successful you are.....racists will still hate you. White supremacists will not see that LeBron is a human being who is an amazing athlete....they will see him as just a Black man or an "N-Word". Absolutely saddening.

I do think that the political climate of the past 2 years with the candidacy and now Presidency of Donald Trump has to do with this incident. The United States is just in a sad state of affairs right now.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

Subject: Re: NBA star LeBron James has house vandalized with the "N-Word"

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 06/01/17 at 12:27 pm

And our country is going to just divide more and more. Unfortunate. This destroys the idea that all lives matter (all lives DO matter).

I truly wish that racial supremacy groups, like the Black Panther Party and the Ku Klux Klan, could just die out. All they do is humiliate their races; they're not making them better.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/01/17 at 1:00 pm

And our country is going to just divide more and more. Unfortunate. This destroys the idea that all lives matter (all lives DO matter).

I truly wish that racial supremacy groups, like the Black Panther Party and the Ku Klux Klan, could just die out. All they do is humiliate their races; they're not making them better.

*The New Black Panther Party (no real relation to the original BPP).

However, I absolutely agree. All hate groups are disgusting regardless of their background.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/01/17 at 3:54 pm

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lebron-james-los-angeles-home-vandalized-n-word-graffiti-n766651

"A source familiar with the incident told NBC News the "n-word" had been spray-painted on the gate.

The slur was painted over by the time officers arrived, authorities said. It was not immediately clear when it was first spray-painted on the property.

Authorities will likely check video in the area to help identify the culprit."

This is just purely sad. It shows you that even no matter how rich and successful you are.....racists will still hate you. White supremacists will not see that LeBron is a human being who is an amazing athlete....they will see him as just a Black man or an "N-Word". Absolutely saddening.

I do think that the political climate of the past 2 years with the candidacy and now Presidency of Donald Trump has to do with this incident. The United States is just in a sad state of affairs right now.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

What are my thoughts? I try not to think, it's just too much. Human beings can be vicious when we want to be. And we can be stubborn and defensive in our beliefs (even if those beliefs are racist, or hateful) because some lack the intelligence, and/or skill to overcome their ignorance. That's why we humans sometimes 'don't care', because it simply hurts too much, or doesn't do anything good to care too much. Trump's energy and presence definitely may have something to do with this. Of course, the direct blame should be put on the spray painter, or painters.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/01/17 at 3:59 pm

What are my thoughts? I try not to think, it's just too much. Human beings can be vicious when we want to be. And we can be stubborn and defensive in our beliefs (even if those beliefs are racist, or hateful) because some lack the intelligence, and/or skill to overcome their ignorance. That's why we humans sometimes 'don't care', because it simply hurts too much, or doesn't do anything good to care too much. Trump's energy and presence definitely may have something to do with this. Of course, the direct blame should be put on the spray painter, or painters.

I have to agree with the basis of your statement...humans are vicious.

Also, of course Trump is not directly to blame (only the racist vandal). However, Trump's rhetoric has definitely contributed to the stoked racial climate of this country that could have caused this attack.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/01/17 at 4:05 pm

This is really sad for James' family. It just shows that our country is divided as much as we were in the early-mid 20th century. It's frightening to think that not only Trump is our president, but that we still have many racial incidents happening inside the United States. I feel sorry for Lebron and his family to go through this. Hopefully, the Cavs might win for this year's NBA Finals.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/01/17 at 4:11 pm

This is really sad for James' family. It just shows that our country is divided as much as we were in the early-mid 20th century. It's frightening to think that not only Trump is our president, but that we still have many racial incidents happening inside the United States. I feel sorry for Lebron and his family to go through this. Hopefully, the Cavs might win for this year's NBA Finals.

I know...I feel for LeBron, his wife and 3 kids...man, it's just terrible. Luckily, LeBron's family wasn't hurt (he wasn't home but I think maybe his wife and kids were home at the time). All around it's just sad and what makes Trump's Presidency even more sad is that today....he announced that the US will leave the Paris Climate Agreement (just despicable >:().

I don't care who wins the 2017 NBA Finals. The Golden State Warriors won in 2015 against the Cavs and then in 2016, the Cavaliers got revenge and beat Golden State. So either team can win since it's even.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/01/17 at 4:51 pm

I know...I feel for LeBron, his wife and 3 kids...man, it's just terrible. Luckily, LeBron's family wasn't hurt (he wasn't home but I think maybe his wife and kids were home at the time). All around it's just sad and what makes Trump's Presidency even more sad is that today....he announced that the US will leave the Paris Climate Agreement (just despicable >:().

I think it's just bad enough for his children, since their father gave out a lot for the NBA and the world. It's just sad that people still treat him as a terrible influence, especially with some people glorifying Trump like he's a god.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/01/17 at 6:40 pm

I think it's just bad enough for his children, since their father gave out a lot for the NBA and the world. It's just sad that people still treat him as a terrible influence, especially with some people glorifying Trump like he's a god.

I agree.

Check for new replies or respond here...