inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you think the mid '10s would have been different if Romney would have won?

Written By: bchris02 on 06/02/17 at 1:21 pm

If Mitt Romney would have won the 2012 election, do you think the mid '10s would have been different?  I know this is a political post, but so much of the culture of the '10s is centered on political tensions and the rise of the extremes i.e. SJW vs Alt-Right.  Obama's second term will really be remembered for the dark mood in our country at that time.  It permeated everything and that is one reason I think dystopian fiction movies were so prevalent during the era.  I wonder if a Romney win in 2012 could have helped prevent or at least mute some of the angst many felt during the mid '10s leading to President Trump.

Subject: Re: Do you think the mid '10s would have been different if Romney would have won?

Written By: #Infinity on 06/02/17 at 1:31 pm

It really would've been just as dark and polarized. Democrats would have protested GOP policies, while global crises like ISIS, Russia, and the refugee issue still would have led to the same mess we're in now. While Trump would not be President, the Alt-Right probably still would have become a dominantly influential force in American politics.

Subject: Re: Do you think the mid '10s would have been different if Romney would have won?

Written By: Brian06 on 06/02/17 at 1:39 pm

Maybe a bit, but the right was already going nuts before then anyway. I remember reading right wing message boards and a lot of them didn't like Romney because he was too "moderate", same with McCain in 2008 actually. It may have delayed things somewhat but the same issues would probably still remain. I think the hardcore anti immigration wing of the GOP started taking off around the late '00s actually. A lot of hispanics supported W. back in 2000 and 2004, then the anti-immigrant stuff really started taking off and the GOP completely alienated hispanic voters. I think the GOP is going to have trouble in 2018 and 2020, this far right white men only crap they're going for now is not going to work as a long term strategy. They may have won 2016 because Hillary had her own problems, but they're going to have problems long term.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 2:34 pm

Maybe a bit, but the right was already going nuts before then anyway. I remember reading right wing message boards and a lot of them didn't like Romney because he was too "moderate", same with McCain in 2008 actually. It may have delayed things somewhat but the same issues would probably still remain. I think the hardcore anti immigration wing of the GOP started taking off around the late '00s actually. A lot of hispanics supported W. back in 2000 and 2004, then the anti-immigrant stuff really started taking off and the GOP completely alienated hispanic voters. I think the GOP is going to have trouble in 2018 and 2020, this far right white men only crap they're going for now is not going to work as a long term strategy. They may have won 2016 because Hillary had her own problems, but they're going to have problems long term.

I heard many people saying after Obama was reelected in 2012 that "the increasing number of minorities in America means that George W. Bush will be the last Republican President for a very long time". 2016 comes and look what happens....Donald Trump, a Republican was elected President. The demographic change is making Dems win the popular vote but we all know that, unfortunately, whoever wins the electoral college vote becomes President. White conservative people in middle and rural America may be outnumbered but their vote carries more weight than minorities in big cities (mostly).

Written By: Brian06 on 06/02/17 at 2:49 pm

I heard many people saying after Obama was reelected in 2012 that "the increasing number of minorities in America means that George W. Bush will be the last Republican President for a very long time". 2016 comes and look what happens....Donald Trump, a Republican was elected President. The demographic change is making Dems win the popular vote but we all know that, unfortunately, whoever wins the electoral college vote becomes President. White conservative people in middle and rural America maybe outnumbered but their vote carries more weight than minorities in big cities (mostly).

Yeah I know, but still eventually it's going to hurt them. Trump won but really he only barely won, he won just enough votes in just the right places. I just don't see that kind of scenario being a long term winning strategy for the GOP. Yeah the electoral college does help them to an extent but still...eventually they're going to run into more trouble. Of course they're going to keep pushing other tactics like voter suppression, to delay it as much as possible. I think Democrats need to take state, local, and midterm elections more seriously now, that's probably a big part of their problem. They all turn out for the presidentials then they are no shows for other elections, then the GOP takes over all the state legislatures and congress. Then the GOP legislatures gerrymander the hell out of congress and pass strict voter ID laws to keep away the poor and minorities. Maybe the disaster of Trump will wake up the Democratic voters so they realize there are elections every year, not just every 4.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 3:03 pm

Yeah I know, but still eventually it's going to hurt them. Trump won but really he only barely won, he won just enough votes in just the right places. I just don't see that kind of scenario being a long term winning strategy for the GOP. Yeah the electoral college does help them to an extent but still...eventually they're going to run into more trouble. Of course they're going to keep pushing other tactics like voter suppression, to delay it as much as possible. I think Democrats need to take state, local, and midterm elections more seriously now, that's probably a big part of their problem. They all turn out for the presidentials then they are no shows for other elections, then the GOP takes over all the state legislatures and congress. Then the GOP legislatures gerrymander the hell out of congress and pass strict voter ID laws to keep away the poor and minorities. Maybe the disaster of Trump will wake up the Democratic voters so they realize there are elections every year, not just every 4.

OK fair point.

You're definitely right that more Democrats need to turn out to vote in mayoral, city council, statewide office, gubernatorial (governor) and congressional (both House and Senate) elections NOT just Presidential ones.

Written By: 2001 on 06/02/17 at 3:06 pm

I'm 99.99% sure we had this thread before, but this one is off to a better start because I remember the other one started off by claiming terrorist attacks, mass shootings, ISIS and even plane crashes and other things wouldn't happen if Romney won, and it all sounded like wishful thinking.

One thing I'll give Romney credit for is him predicting the Russia threat. We all laughed at him, poor guy. :-[

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 3:12 pm

I'm 99.99% sure we had this thread before, but this one is off to a better start because I remember the other one started off by claiming terrorist attacks, mass shootings, ISIS and even plane crashes and other things wouldn't happen if Romney won, and it all sounded like wishful thinking.

One thing I'll give Romney credit for is him predicting the Russia threat. We all laughed at him, poor guy. :-http://i.imgur.com/elPUzCA.png

Written By: Brian06 on 06/02/17 at 3:15 pm

Romney is a conservative but still a reasonable man. Trump on the other hand is a lunatic ego manic jerk. There's really no redeeming qualities about Trump.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/02/17 at 3:17 pm

Hillary's going to run again. The next election will probably be Trump vs. Hillary the rematch.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/02/17 at 3:19 pm

Hillary's going to run again. The next election will probably be Trump vs. Hillary the rematch.

That would be a mistake and the one scenario where Trump might win re-election. Dems need a newer younger candidate similar to 2008 Obama. That would be Hillary's 3rd run c'mon. The DNC has been trying to ram Hillary down people's throats for years now.  ::)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 3:20 pm

Romney is a conservative but still a reasonable man. Trump on the other hand is a lunatic ego manic jerk. There's really no redeeming qualities about Trump.

I don't fear main street conservatives and Republicans like Romney. It's the Republicans like Ted Cruz and Trump that I fear (not fear in the literal way but in a political way).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 3:22 pm

I disagree. Hillary isn't going to run in 2020 and I wouldn't vote for her in 2020 (if she crazily decides to run then).

That would be a mistake and the one scenario where Trump might win re-election. Dems need a newer younger candidate similar to 2008 Obama. That would be Hillary's 3rd run c'mon. The DNC has been trying to ram Hillary down people's throats for years now.  ::)

I totally agree (I see that last sentence though ;)).

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/02/17 at 3:41 pm

I'll also consider him to be more reasonable than McCain. If McCain ever appears relatively moderate to you, then take one quick glance at his foreign policy proposals and the possible ramifications that might come along with such a hawkish view on world relations.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/02/17 at 3:44 pm

I'll also consider him to be more reasonable than McCain. If McCain ever appears relatively moderate to you, then take one quick glance at his foreign policy proposals and the possible ramifications that might come along with such a hawkish view on world relations.

Yeah I know McCain is like a pretty big war hawk and has his own temperament issues. Still better than Trumpy the clown though, of course almost anybody is.

Written By: 2001 on 06/02/17 at 4:05 pm

I remember laughing at him too :-http://i.imgur.com/elPUzCA.png

:o I thought he was a denier, when did he... Woah, he flipped on climate, income inequality and other stuff. Fake Romney fake news.

I wonder what his reaction to the Sandy Hook shooting would've been. I mean, he wouldn't be president yet when that happens, but he'd be expected to act on it, surely.  :o

I'd pay to see that (through George Soros's Correct the Record cheques). I mean... Just for the lulz. :o

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 4:12 pm

:o I thought he was a denier, when did he... Woah, he flipped on climate, income inequality and other stuff. Fake Romney fake news.

I wonder what his reaction to the Sandy Hook shooting would've been. I mean, he wouldn't be president yet when that happens, but he'd be expected to act on it, surely. :o

Yeah, I agree with you.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/02/17 at 4:14 pm

I'm going to be shocked if Hillary runs again in 2020.  :o

Written By: wixness on 06/02/17 at 5:16 pm

The hairstyles that guys were wearing this decade and the music that people were listening to would have made more sense, since they're more conforming to society and are not "shocking", something conservatives want.

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/02/17 at 6:58 pm

It grinds my gears that dumb-ocrats think this was a "WHITElash". People forget that some minorities voted for Trump too. He wouldn't be the POTUS without a little bit of help from minorities.

I'm a conservative, straight black male from Chicago. It wasn't just white males and redneck hillbillies who voted for Trump. Trump-voters are the people you'd least expect.

Ironically, very few of my white/non-black friends are Trump-supporters. My white girlfriend is, and a small number of my old school-mates.

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/02/17 at 6:58 pm

"Hillary's going to run again. The next election will probably be Trump vs. Hillary the rematch."

LOL!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Get ready for 2 terms of Donald Trump!  8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 7:03 pm

It grinds my gears that dumb-ocrats think this was a "WHITElash". People forget that some minorities voted for Trump too. He wouldn't be the POTUS without a little bit of help from minorities.

It grinds my gears when people use terms such as "dumb-ocrats". Same as people saying "Republitards".

I'm a conservative, straight black male from Chicago. It wasn't just white males and redneck hillbillies who voted Trump. Trump-voters are the people you'd least expect.

That is a rarity (have no problems with normal, decent conservatives...regardless of background). Also, I certainly know it wasn't just white males and rednecks who voted for Trump.

Ironically, very few of my white/non-black friends are Trump-supporters. My white girlfriend is, and a small number of old school-mates.

Your GF supports Trump or not? (your statement is kind of confusing).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 7:05 pm

Get ready for 2 terms of Donald Trump!  8)

I certainly hope that won't happen 8).

Written By: 80sfan on 06/02/17 at 7:32 pm

I'm a conservative, straight black male from Chicago. It wasn't just white males and redneck hillbillies who voted for Trump. Trump-voters are the people you'd least expect.

Ironically, very few of my white/non-black friends are Trump-supporters. My white girlfriend is, and a small number of my old school-mates.

Welcome to inthe00s.com.  8)  8)  8)

Written By: mqg96 on 06/02/17 at 8:01 pm

I'm a moderate straight black male from Georgia, and I understand how you feel. I have a lot of good friends from school who I've known since Kindergarten or elementary school, and it was surprising to me to see some of their reasons voting for Trump but I can't just sit here and say "All Trump voters are white racists." because that's a straight up lie. The 2016 election was really about the lesser of two evils, and I don't blame anybody for picking Trump or Hillary.

There were many things about conservatives I agreed on and disagreed with, while there were things about liberals I disagreed with or I agreed with them too. What lead to Trump and Hillary being our candidates was all the corruption and stir up that happened in our country throughout 2012-2015 with all the police shootings, racial stuff going on, the agendas of Black Lives Matter and All Lives Matter, ISIS attacks and refugee controversy, Gay Marriage being legalized across the whole nation at once, people being tired of the political correctness and being crucified for their own beliefs (which is a huge complaint I have with liberals), the LGBT stuff going too far, SJW culture, etc.

I'm going to be brutally honest but I don't blame certain people for their reasons for voting for Trump. I had many friends from school who I know are great people in the inside and as much as they didn't want to vote for Trump they still didn't want Hillary to come close to stepping in. Many others felt the same way about Hillary too where they had no choice but to vote for her and thought Trump would be the next Hitler in a different way.

Now I will go ahead and say that as the election was going on I could not stand the stuff Trump was saying therefore I could NOT vote for him, but I didn't completely hate on people for voting for him. Hillary wasn't all that and TBH her campaign was weak af. Trump campaigned very hard until the end while Hillary kept focusing more on the negativity of Trump instead of her own campaign. Everybody thought she was going to slide through this election easily but I knew it was going to be tough with all the people who decided to sit their asses down during election week and all the political correctness going on for the last couple of years. Trump winning may have been the best thing that happened since it was a wake up call for black people to stop being complacent and VOTE! When I remembered this stat that the Democratic Party hadn't gone 12 years since Franklin D. Roosevelt during WWII, I knew that curse was in the way. I felt like one of the only people who knew Trump had a better chance of winning than Hillary. I'm a non-denominational Christian, but I'm not a conservative nor a liberal. Liberals can easily be just as idiotic as conservatives in many ways.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 8:14 pm

I'm a moderate straight black male from Georgia, and I understand how you feel. I have a lot of good friends from school who I've known since Kindergarten or elementary school, and it was surprising to me to see some of their reasons voting for Trump but I can't just sit here and say "All Trump voters are white racists." because that's a straight up lie. The 2016 election was really about the lesser of two evils, and I don't blame anybody for picking Trump or Hillary.

There were many things about conservatives I agreed on and disagreed with, while there were things about liberals I disagreed with or I agreed with them too. What lead to Trump and Hillary being our candidates was all the corruption and stir up that happened in our country throughout 2012-2015 with all the police shootings, racial stuff going on, the agendas of Black Lives Matter and All Lives Matter, ISIS attacks and refugee controversy, Gay Marriage being legalized across the whole nation at once, people being tired of the political correctness and being crucified for their own beliefs (which is a huge complaint I have with liberals), the LGBT stuff going too far, SJW culture, etc.

I'm going to be brutally honest but I don't blame certain people for their reasons for voting for Trump. I had many friends from school who I know are great people in the inside and as much as they didn't want to vote for Trump they still didn't want Hillary to come close to stepping in. Many others felt the same way about Hillary too where they had no choice but to vote for her and thought Trump would be the next Hitler in a different way.

Now I will go ahead and say that as the election was going on I could not stand the stuff Trump was saying therefore I could NOT vote for him, but I didn't completely hate on people for voting for him. Hillary wasn't all that and TBH her campaign was weak af. Trump campaigned very hard until the end while Hillary kept focusing more on the negativity of Trump instead of her own campaign. Everybody thought she was going to slide through this election easily but I knew it was going to be tough with all the people who decided to sit their asses down during election week and all the political correctness going on for the last couple of years. Trump winning may have been the best thing that happened since it was a wake up call for black people to stop being complacent and VOTE! When I remembered this stat that the Democratic Party hadn't gone 12 years since Franklin D. Roosevelt during WWII, I knew that curse was in the way. I felt like one of the only people who knew Trump had a better chance of winning than Hillary. I'm a non-denominational Christian, but I'm not a conservative nor a liberal. Liberals can easily be just as idiotic as conservatives in many ways.

Good points (mostly).

I'm a liberal from NYC, non-denominational Christian. I couldn't vote in the 2016 election (I was born in 1999, as you know) but if I could...I would have voted for Hillary. I know Hillary wasn't an exceptional candidate and I know that she should have went to certain states that she didn't and I know that she should of focused more on economic issues rather than social and anti-Trump ones...however, Trump is just someone I could not vote for. I also couldn't vote for any third party candidate because I identify as a Democrat and because the 2 prominent third party candidates Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson and Green Party candidate Jill Stein were just not for me. Johnson was ignorant on some issues and I just don't like the liberatarian idea of "government so small that you can't see it" and Stein was too liberal and crazy for me. I just hope that the Dems nominate someone good to great for President in 2020.

Written By: Heinz57 on 06/02/17 at 8:22 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I am a conservative but I agree with you about Trump. I have never been a fan of Trump or Romney. Trump was not prepared, ready to be President. Too many temper tantrums. He doesn't play well with others. I read several threads and this site seems to be heavily dominated by liberals (not that there is anything wrong with that) but I should probably keep my conservative  views to myself  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/02/17 at 8:23 pm

"Your GF supports Trump or not? (your statement is kind of confusing)."

I mean she's also a conservative who voted for Trump.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 8:28 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I am a conservative but I agree with you about Trump. I have never been a fan of Trump or Romney. Trump was not prepared, ready to be President. Too many temper tantrums. He doesn't play well with others. I read several threads and this site seems to be heavily dominated by liberals (not that there is anything wrong with that) but I should probably keep my conservative  views to myself  ;D ;D ;D

I also agree with you on Trump.

BTW, conservatives can voice their opinions on here....most of us liberals on this site don't mind. Also, this site was meant for discussion and debates (they can get heated sometimes :().

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 8:29 pm

"Your GF supports Trump or not? (your statement is kind of confusing)."

I mean she's also a conservative who voted for Trump.

OH OK, I gotcha ;).

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/02/17 at 8:37 pm

"Trump winning may have been the best thing that happened since it was a wake up call for black people to stop being complacent and VOTE!"

Tbh, as a black dude, I don't believe that this is a wake up call for the majority of our people to get out and vote. A lot of our people feel that America's screwed regardless of who wins the presidential election. I believe the only way more blacks would vote is if another promising black man like Obama ran for POTUS. Like Kanye West. He's seriously running in 2024, believe it or not.

I know that sounds crazy. I did too. But think about it: If Kanye West's presidential campaign is successful, it'll be like 2008 all over again where Black-Americans were excited to actually vote. Plus, Kanye is a Republican. The fact that he's a Republican might help get blacks out of the democratic plantation.

I'm not sure if a rapper would make a good President, but I'd vote for him just to see what happens if he wins. It would certainly be interesting to see a rapper as the POTUS. I'm quite curious.

Written By: Heinz57 on 06/02/17 at 8:41 pm

I also agree with you on Trump.

BTW, conservatives can voice their opinions on here....most of us liberals on this site don't mind. Also, this site was meant for discussion and debates (they can get heated sometimes :().

I remember when Kennedy was President  :o :o I have been around. My childhood was the early 1960s, a conservative time. I wish the world could go back to those times. In the mid 60s...there was a whole lot of racism back then. And for 40 years or more things were getting better, thank goodness.  Ever since Obama was President and now Trump, race relations are worse now than in the 60s in almost all areas of society. (I am not blaming Mr's Obama or Trump for this)
I actually blame the media. They are the ones who are fueling this and much of the hatred.  Media of the 60s, 70s and 80s were not like this. I know. I was there.
Ah I am rambling on past my bedtime, goodnight young folks!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 8:44 pm

I'm not sure if a rapper would make a good President, but I'd vote for him just to see what happens if he wins. It would certainly be interesting to see a rapper as the POTUS. I'm quite curious.

I would advice to not vote for someone..."just because". I mean that's how we ended up with Trump :-X :-X :-X.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 8:45 pm

I remember when Kennedy was President  :o :o I have been around. My childhood was the early 1960s, a conservative time. I wish the world could go back to those times. In the mid 60s...there was a whole lot of racism back then. And for 40 years or more things were getting better, thank goodness.  Ever since Obama was President and now Trump, race relations are worse now than in the 60s in almost all areas of society. (I am not blaming Mr's Obama or Trump for this)
I actually blame the media. They are the ones who are fueling this and much of the hatred.  Media of the 60s, 70s and 80s were not like this. I know. I was there.
Ah I am rambling on past my bedtime, goodnight young folks!

Oh no, I definitely see your points and agree with most of them.

Also, it's interesting to hear the opinion of a man much older than me :).

Written By: 80sfan on 06/02/17 at 8:48 pm

Suddenly the conservatives are coming out of the woods, on this site.  :P

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/02/17 at 8:51 pm

I would advice to not vote for someone..."just because". I mean that's how we ended up with Trump :-X :-X :-X.

LOL. ;D I honestly feel safe with Trump as the POTUS, and I feel that our country's headed in the right direction, just as long as we don't go back to a democrat.

You ought to be glad Trump won the presidency. Putin would've waged war with the United States if Hillary had won. It's good that Trump & Pence are keeping the peace and making allies, especially with Russia.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/02/17 at 8:58 pm

Hillary's going to run again. The next election will probably be Drumpf vs. Hillary the rematch.

1. Hillary would be 73 years old if she'll run again in 2020.

2. Nobody takes her that seriously, aside from her voters (and sadly, most of them were Bernie Sanders supporters at first).

3. We really don't need her at all. What we need is a younger and influential Democratic candidate that could win against Trump.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 9:00 pm

LOL. ;D I honestly feel safe with Trump as the POTUS, and I feel that our country's headed in the right direction, just as long as we don't go back to a democrat.

Well, I feel the exact opposite.

You ought to be glad Trump won the presidency. Putin would've waged war with the United States if Hillary had won. It's good that Trump & Pence are keeping the peace and making allies, especially with Russia.

Well, I disagree with the "Hillary wanted war with Russia" claim. Also, I heavily disagree with being "friends" with Russia...we shouldn't be enemies but certainly not friends.

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/02/17 at 9:06 pm

"I disagree with the "Hillary wanted war with Russia" claim. Also, I heavily disagree with being "friends" with Russia...we shouldn't be enemies but certainly not friends."

Why not be friends with Russia? It's better to be their "friend" than an enemy.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 9:09 pm

"I disagree with the "Hillary wanted war with Russia" claim. Also, I heavily disagree with being "friends" with Russia...we shouldn't be enemies but certainly not friends."

Like I said...we shouldn't be enemies but not friends either. We should be acquaintances and also maybe partners in certain areas. Russia's aggression in Ukraine and Crimea and Russia's interference in the 2016 Presidential election is why we shouldn't be friends with Russia.

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/02/17 at 9:14 pm

"Russia's aggression in Ukraine and Crimea and Russia's interference in the 2016 Presidential election is why we shouldn't be friends with Russia."

So what if they're aggressive? So what if they were involved in the Presidential election? At least we don't have Hillary in office. That's the important thing. Besides, no one can prove that Russian hackers caused Trump to win the presidency.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 9:21 pm

"Russia's aggression in Ukraine and Crimea and Russia's interference in the 2016 Presidential election is why we shouldn't be friends with Russia."

So what if they're aggressive? So what if they were involved in the Presidential election? At least we don't have Hillary in office. That's the important thing. Besides, no one can prove that Russian hackers caused Trump to win the presidency.

"So what if they're aggressive? So what if they were involved in the Presidential election? At least we don't have Hillary in office."
So, you're saying that it's OK for countries to just freely invade others and annex territories for no real reason? ???. Also, if they interfered in our Presidential election and we do nothing about that would be a great threat to our democracy and they will continue to do so...also this is not about Hillary (I don't care that you hate Hillary)....being apathetic towards Russia's interference in our election is not good.

Another point, no one (outside of a few far left sources) is saying that Russian hackers caused Trump to win the Presidency.....what we're saying is that Russian hackers spread false information that potentially changed the opinions of many American voters and they voted with that false info in mind (voting based on false information is highly dangerous in a democracy).

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/02/17 at 9:31 pm

"So, you're saying that it's OK for countries to just freely invade others and annex territories for no real reason? ???. Also, if they interfered in our Presidential election and we do nothing about that would be a great threat to our democracy and they will continue to do so...also this is not about Hillary (I don't care that you hate Hillary)....being apathetic towards Russia's interference in our election is not good."

But America has always freely invaded other countries for decades for no real reason. Also, I do not "hate" Hillary. It's just that Hillary being the POTUS would've been a dangerous mistake is all. Plus, I'm a Republican. Like I said before, no one can prove Russia's interference.

"Another point, no one (outside of a few far left sources) is saying that Russian hackers caused Trump to win the Presidency.....what we're saying is that Russian hackers spread false information that potentially changed the opinions of many American voters and they voted with that false info in mind (voting based on false information is highly dangerous in a democracy)."

So you're telling me that Russian hackers changed my opinions and I voted with false info in mind? Tell me more. I don't understand. Also, I believe that this is a Republic, not a Democracy.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 9:40 pm

"So, you're saying that it's OK for countries to just freely invade others and annex territories for no real reason? ???. Also, if they interfered in our Presidential election and we do nothing about that would be a great threat to our democracy and they will continue to do so...also this is not about Hillary (I don't care that you hate Hillary)....being apathetic towards Russia's interference in our election is not good."

But America has always freely invaded other countries for decades for no real reason. Also, I do not "hate" Hillary. It's just that Hillary being the POTUS would've been a dangerous mistake is all. Plus, I'm a Republican. Like I said before no one can prove Russia's interference.

Bringing out America's history is a valid point but not relevant to bring up because it doesn't make what Russia did OK. Also, are you saying that basically all of our national intelligence agencies are lying? ???. It is a proven fact that they interfered...heck even Putin himself today, said that, "patriotic" Russian hackers could have interfered with our election. So not only would you be disagreeing with our national intelligence community but even Vladimir Putin himself.

"Another point, no one (outside of a few far left sources) is saying that Russian hackers caused Trump to win the Presidency.....what we're saying is that Russian hackers spread false information that potentially changed the opinions of many American voters and they voted with that false info in mind (voting based on false information is highly dangerous in a democracy)."

So you're telling me that Russian hackers changed my opinions and I voted with talse info in mind? Tell me more. I don't understand. Also, I believe that this is a Republic, not a democracy.

Russian hackers may or may not have personally change your opinions but they certainly did change many other American voters opinions (even I believed some of them because I was heavily anti-Hillary in the beginning). Also, yes the US is a republic but we do hold democratic elections.

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/02/17 at 9:50 pm

"are you saying that basically all of our national intelligence agencies are lying?"

Maybe they're just wrong about the interference. Maybe some of them don't like Trump anyway.

"Putin himself today, said that, "patriotic" Russian hackers COULD HAVE interfered with our election. So not only would you be disagreeing with our national intelligence community but even Vladimir Putin himself.

But it's still not proven. Show me the facts.

"Russian hackers may or may not  personally change your opinions but they certainly did change many other American voters opinions"

Oh please. That sounds ridiculous. How can Russian hackers change an American voter's opinion? Do feel free to explain. I'm certain that the vast majority of voters were not influenced by some Russian hackers.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 10:01 pm

"are you saying that basically all of our national intelligence agencies are lying?"

Maybe they're just wrong about the interference. Maybe some of them don't like Trump anyway.

"Putin himself today, said that, "patriotic" Russian hackers COULD HAVE interfered with our election. So not only would you be disagreeing with our national intelligence community but even Vladimir Putin himself.

But it's still not proven. Show me the facts.

OK now you're just denying facts because you don't like it. It's fine that you support Trump but c'mon...Russia interfered with our election. You are trying to make it seem like our national intelligence agencies are pawns for the Democrats (common right wing sentiment...which is sad) and that's dangerous and silly. Also, Russia's OWN President disagrees with you. It just makes no sense to deny it.

"Russian hackers may or may not  personally change your opinions but they certainly did change many other American voters opinions"

Oh please. That sounds ridiculous. How can Russian hackers change an American voter's opinion? Do feel free to explain. I'm certain that the vast majority of voters were not influenced by some Russian hackers.

Sounds ridiculous? No, fake news already changes people's opinions on non-politics related issues (what makes you think it doesn't change people's opinions on politics?...I was also the victim of this Russian fake news ploy) and it was not the vast majority of voters but an enough amount...also fake news wasn't the only factor to influence the election (Hillary's own campaign flaws, voter apathy and the Comey letter).

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/02/17 at 10:08 pm

"OK now you're just denying facts because you don't like it. It's fine that you support Trump but c'mon...Russia interfered with our election. You are trying to make it seem like our national intelligence agencies are pawns for the Democrats"

Facts, huh? I suggest you read this: http://thefederalist.com/2017/03/21/russians-did-not-hack-election/

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/02/17 at 10:14 pm

"OK now you're just denying facts because you don't like it. It's fine that you support Trump but c'mon...Russia interfered with our election. You are trying to make it seem like our national intelligence agencies are pawns for the Democrats"

Facts, huh? I suggest you read this: http://thefederalist.com/2017/03/21/russians-did-not-hack-election/

Yeah, The Federalist has a strong conservative lean...so I don't trust a good amount of info they share (not saying that they don't share factual info)

Anyways, this convo was good (you're not even the first Black male Trump supporter that I've spoken with) but I don't think that we'll come to an agreed consensus (which I think shows the political discourse and divide of America today, which is sad, but whatever).

Written By: bchris02 on 06/03/17 at 12:19 am

"Trump winning may have been the best thing that happened since it was a wake up call for black people to stop being complacent and VOTE!"

Tbh, as a black dude, I don't believe that this is a wake up call for the majority of our people to get out and vote. A lot of our people feel that America's screwed regardless of who wins the presidential election. I believe the only way more blacks would vote is if another promising black man like Obama ran for POTUS. Like Kanye West. He's seriously running in 2024, believe it or not.

I know that sounds crazy. I did too. But think about it: If Kanye West's presidential campaign is successful, it'll be like 2008 all over again where Black-Americans were excited to actually vote. Plus, Kanye is a Republican. The fact that he's a Republican might help get blacks out of the democratic plantation.

Err...Kanye West should run for something else first.  One thing the Trump debacle has taught me is that a person running for President should at least have some public service or military service first.  I don't think the idea of Presidents coming straight out of Hollywood into the most important job in the country is a good idea.  They might be good campaigners and be able to draw people in, but once they get in the office, they will be in over their head.  Kanye should do something like governor of California and then use that as a launching pad to the Presidency.

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/03/17 at 8:52 am

"Err...Kanye West should run for something else first.  One thing the Trump debacle has taught me is that a person running for President should at least have some public service or military service first.  I don't think the idea of Presidents coming straight out of Hollywood into the most important job in the country is a good idea.  They might be good campaigners and be able to draw people in, but once they get in the office, they will be in over their head.  Kanye should do something like governor of California and then use that as a launching pad to the Presidency."

In all seriousness, I doubt Kanye West being POTUS would happen anyway. But it's possible, and it would certainly be interesting...

I predict that Trump will have a 2nd term and Mike Pence will run for President in 2024. I'm excited for that. Pence would definitely bring about real change. Plus he's more on the right than Trump.

Imagine Kanye West vs. Mike Pence... Who do you think would win? Kanye West would be a hit with blacks and young people.

But Pence could win because everyone would be used to Trump by 2024, and his approval ratings would be up. So who knows. 2024 will be an interesting year for the presidential election. I'm excited for it.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 06/03/17 at 9:13 am

"Err...Kanye West should run for something else first.  One thing the Trump debacle has taught me is that a person running for President should at least have some public service or military service first.  I don't think the idea of Presidents coming straight out of Hollywood into the most important job in the country is a good idea.  They might be good campaigners and be able to draw people in, but once they get in the office, they will be in over their head.  Kanye should do something like governor of California and then use that as a launching pad to the Presidency."

In all seriousness, I doubt Kanye West being POTUS would happen anyway. But it's possible, and it would certainly be interesting...

I predict that Trump will have a 2nd term and Mike Pence will run for President in 2024. I'm excited for that. Pence would definitely bring about real change. Plus he's more on the right than Trump.

Imagine Kanye West vs. Mike Pence... Who do you think would win? Kanye West would be a hit with blacks and young people.

But Pence could win because everyone would be used to Trump by 2024, and his approval ratings would be up. So who knows. 2024 will be an interesting year for the presidential election. I'm excited for it.

Not to mention, George H.W. Bush was Reagan's vice president who later became president.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/03/17 at 10:34 am

Donald Trump winning a second term ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Kanye West running for President vs. Pence ;D ;D ;D.

Mike Pence being elected President in 2024 ;D ;D ;D.

The 3 most comical statements I've heard today...... ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Written By: bchris02 on 06/03/17 at 11:07 am

I doubt Trump makes it through his first term so we will probably have Pence vs a Democrat we don't really know yet in 2020.  I'm gay so I am not super excited about Pence but I do think he's be better than Trump and wouldn't embarrass the country like Trump is.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/03/17 at 2:45 pm

Nothing would change.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/03/17 at 2:53 pm

I do not believe Trump will have another term in 2020. It will either be another republican leader or a democrat. If an ordinary non-populist politician wins the 2020 election, the next decade may turn out to be very different from this decade and will resemble the 2000s and before a little more. Mark my words, this SJW/Alt-Right division movement and populist trend will be dead by the time 2020 arrives!

Written By: wixness on 06/03/17 at 3:35 pm

I do not believe Trump will have another term in 2020. It will either be another republican leader or a democrat. If an ordinary non-populist politician wins the 2020 election, the next decade may turn out to be very different from this decade and will resemble the 2000s and before a little more. Mark my words, this SJW/Alt-Right division movement and populist trend will be dead by the time 2020 arrives!

It'll only be dead when terrorism is no longer a concern for the West IMO.

Written By: 2001 on 06/03/17 at 3:39 pm

I can't believe that this is being said about Russia of all countries. :o

Russia is not your "friend". They want to actively compete with you as the world superpower and establish their sphere of influence. What ever made you think they're your friends?

They wanted Ukraine to join their Eurasian Customs Union, but the Ukranian-speaking people knew exactly what it would entail to fall under Russia again.

That's why the Euromaidan was formed, to stop Ukraine from joining the Eurasian Union. How does Russia respond? By invading the country. Which country does this? Does Germany invade countries that don't want to join the European Union? No, this is purely a Russian thing and it's not normal.

Have you ever talked to Eastern European people? They will tell you exactly what's it like to live under Russian influence. People were shot and killed on site for trying to escape places like Eastern Germany. Even today ex-Soviet and Soviet-influenced states have the highest rates of suicide and alcoholism in the world because of the trauma. That's why people are going out and dying for a free Ukraine.

And modern Russia is not any different. You have hundreds of journalists (coincidentally also the biggest critics of Putin) being assassinated right in front of the Kremlin, political opponents being jailed or assassinated, wife-beating being legalized, concentration camps for homosexuals (under the threat of genocide). This is the country you want to be "friends" with? They're a bunch of thugs.  ???

This Sputnik talking point needs to be put to bed. We've had multiple proxy wars with Russia (Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan etc.) and there were no nukes were falling from the sky. It's called deterrence: France, UK and the US all have nukes pointing at Moscow. Putin may be rogue but he's not stupid. If he starts a war with the US, he knows the Russian people will be annihilated to the last drop and Russian nation will become a fact of history. Putin doesn't have any death wish. It's ironic that you would deny that Russia can have any influence over you, when it's well known where this "war with Russia" talking point originated from.

No offence, but voting for someone just because they're black is not sound reasoning.  :-X There are many more white and non-white Republicans that are more qualified and deserving of your vote than Kanye West.

Mmm, did you read your own article? It says Russia interfered with the election (but tries to convince the reader that it isn't a big deal). "Hacked the election" is a strawman, no one said they literally hacked the election results (except Jill Stein but she's a nutjob for more reasons than one).

Reignman said "interferred with the election", not "hacked the election" anyway. So your article concurs with what he's saying.  :o

----

I apologize in advance if I come across as combative, I have a frank/direct manner of speaking and it always gets me in trouble. ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/03/17 at 3:47 pm

Russia is not your "friend". They want to actively compete with you as the world superpower and establish their sphere of influence. What ever made you think they're your friends?

They wanted Ukraine to join their Eurasian Customs Union, but the Ukranian-speaking people knew exactly what it would entail to fall under Russia again.

That's why the Euromaidan was formed, to stop Ukraine from joining the Eurasian Union. How does Russia respond? By invading the country. Which country does this? Does Germany invade countries that don't want to join the European Union? No, this is purely a Russian thing and it's not normal.

Have you ever talked to Eastern European people? They will tell you exactly what's it like to live under Russian influence. People were shot and killed on site for trying to escape places like Eastern Germany. Even today ex-Soviet and Soviet-influenced states have the highest rates of suicide and alcoholism in the world because of the trauma. That's why people are going out and dying for a free Ukraine.

And modern Russia is not any different. You have hundreds of journalists (coincidentally also the biggest critics of Putin) being assassinated right in front of the Kremlin, political opponents being jailed or assassinated, wife-beating being legalized, concentration camps for homosexuals (under the threat of genocide). This is the country you want to be "friends" with? They're a bunch of thugs.  ???

This Sputnik talking point needs to be put to bed. We've had multiple proxy wars with Russia (Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan etc.) and there were no nukes were falling from the sky. It's called deterrence: France, UK and the US all have nukes pointing at Moscow. Putin may be rogue but he's not stupid. If he starts a war with the US, he knows the Russian people will be annihilated to the last drop and Russian nation will become a fact of history. Putin doesn't have any death wish. It's ironic that you would deny that Russia can have any influence over you, when it's well known where this "war with Russia" talking point originated from.

No offence, but voting for someone just because they're black is not sound reasoning.  :-X There are many more white and non-white Republicans that are more qualified and deserving of your vote than Kanye West.

Mmm, did you read your own article? It says Russia interfered with the election (but tries to convince the reader that it isn't a big deal). "Hacked the election" is a strawman, no one said they literally hacked the election results (except Jill Stein but she's a nutjob for more reasons than one).

Reignman said "interferred with the election", not "hacked the election" anyway. So your article concurs with what he's saying.  :o

----

I apologize in advance if I come across as combative, I have a frank/direct manner of speaking and it always gets me in trouble. ;D

Yeah, you got it. Solid points.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/03/17 at 3:59 pm

Kanye f**king West?? Are people trying to make the United States collapse??  ???  ???  ???

The guy has mental health issues, and no, I'm not shading, or trolling, him. He needs to prove to us, or at least to me, that he's mentally stable before he has another manic rant, or whatever!

It's not that he has a mental health issue that bothers me, it's the way he deals with it, his lack of experience, and his massive ego, that bothers me.  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/03/17 at 4:52 pm

One thing I'll give Romney credit for is him predicting the Russia threat. We all laughed at him, poor guy. :-http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=54591.0

Oh, and I said most likely would not have happened, not that those events would never have occurred.

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/03/17 at 11:42 pm

"I doubt Trump makes it through his first term."

Of course he'll make it through his 1st term. You're just hoping he won't. I'm confident he won't get impeached or anything. With luck, he may win a 2nd term. Most people who hate him will be used to him to by 2020.

If W. Bush and Obama can get re-elected, so can Trump. People said Obama would get assassinated. Didn't happen. They said he wouldn't get re-elected. Sure enough he was re-elected. They said Trump wouldn't become President. They were all wrong. They said Trump would get assassinated too. Didn't happen.

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/03/17 at 11:56 pm

----

We'll call it a draw with the whole Russian interference thing. Even still, it's possible for Trump to win a 2nd term.

Also, nowhere did I say that I'd vote for Kanye West just because he's black. I meant most young black people would expectedly vote for a black rapper. Especially if Kanye West had ran in 2008, instead of Obama. (If he was old enough to be the POTUS of course)

They just wanted a first black (technically half black) POTUS. That's understandable.

But if I were old enough to vote in 2008 and 2012, I'd go for McCain and Romney, or I wouldn't vote at all since they didn't stand a chance against a  black man at the time. Plus, their game wasn't strong enough.

If hypothetically, I had to choose between Kanye West and Mike Pence, I and any sane person would obviously pick Pence over a rapper.

Written By: tv on 06/11/17 at 1:28 am

It really would've been just as dark and polarized. Democrats would have protested GOP policies, while global crises like ISIS, Russia, and the refugee issue still would have led to the same mess we're in now. While Trump would not be President, the Alt-Right probably still would have become a dominantly influential force in American politics.
People keep talking about the Alt-Right but there is no alt-right where I live in Central NJ. I'm not effected by the alt-right.

Written By: tv on 06/11/17 at 1:37 am

I wanted to touch on the issue of gerrymandering: The Dems would have probably the same thing if they controlled the number of State Legislatures that the GOP did from 2011-present and gerrymander Congressional Districts. As far as Democrat Voters not showing up for mid-terms that's not why they lost Congress (or just the US House in 2010) during Obama's tenure its that the Dems lost Independents by 15% points in 2010 and by 11% points in 2014 mid-terms. Also, Obama's approval rating was 47% on Election Day 2010 and 42% on Election 2014 so his approval rating was underwater on both mid-term election dates.

Written By: tv on 06/11/17 at 1:44 am

CNN commentator Van Jones made up the term "Whitelash".  I thought it was the term was "cute" as a 37 year old White Male.

Written By: tv on 06/11/17 at 2:00 am

Err...Kanye West should run for something else first.  One thing the Trump debacle has taught me is that a person running for President should at least have some public service or military service first. I don't think the idea of Presidents coming straight out of Hollywood into the most important job in the country is a good idea.  They might be good campaigners and be able to draw people in, but once they get in the office, they will be in over their head.  Kanye should do something like governor of California and then use that as a launching pad to the Presidency.
Trump is a businessman too he's not just somebody that was on the TV show "The Apprentice". Maybe you have a point since Dwight Eisenhower didn't have any public service experience but he was in the military.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/11/17 at 2:06 am

People keep talking about the Alt-Right but there is no alt-right where I live in Central NJ. I'm not effected by the alt-right.

tv I haven't seen you in forever man! How have you been?

Written By: Slim95 on 06/11/17 at 2:31 am

I see the alt-right everywhere online. It feels like it has completely overtaken SJWs everywhere online at least.

Written By: Zelek3 on 06/11/17 at 2:39 am

There's a lot of anti-alt right stuff on Reddit and Facebook, and even YouTube comments depending on the video you look at (like MSNBC uploads - not CNN though, the comments there are always negative, lol - or episodes of John Oliver, Stephen Colbert, and Trevor Noah's shows). They don't have the entire Internet; just depends on where you're looking.

Written By: wixness on 06/11/17 at 4:46 am

I see the alt-right everywhere online. It feels like it has completely overtaken SJWs everywhere online at least.

Absolutely.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/11/17 at 2:04 pm

Same here and I live in a conservative borough in NYC. It didn't really affect me at all when I heard about them.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/11/17 at 2:21 pm

I dislike the Alr-Right just as much as I dislike the far Left.  :D  :D  :D

Written By: Slim95 on 06/11/17 at 2:41 pm

There's a lot of anti-alt right stuff on Reddit and Facebook, and even YouTube comments depending on the video you look at (like MSNBC uploads - not CNN though, the comments there are always negative, lol - or episodes of John Oliver, Stephen Colbert, and Trevor Noah's shows). They don't have the entire Internet; just depends on where you're looking.

I am on YouTube the most and the comments on there are infested with alt-righters. And this happens on both left leaning and right leaning political videos, neutral political videos, and even videos that have nothing to do with politics at all. In fact, there are multiple popular YouTube channels for right wing conservatives such as "Rebel Media" and some others. It actually makes liberals look downright tame. It's almost as if you can't escape it, they are everywhere. I honestly believe the far left has never had the same amount of presence, which just makes alt-righters look very childish by spewing their beliefs everywhere in places that are inappropriate for politics. You see this in apps like Swiflie too and other places as well. Sometimes I wish they were trolls as I see so many Holocaust deniers and Nazi sympathizers online. This is actually one of the rare sites I've visited that overwhelmingly leans to the liberal side.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/11/17 at 2:56 pm

I am on YouTube the most and the comments on there are infested with alt-righters. And this happens on both left leaning and right leaning political videos, neutral political videos, and even videos that have nothing to do with politics at all. In fact, there are multiple popular YouTube channels for right wing conservatives such as "Rebel Media" and some others. It actually makes liberals look downright tame. It's almost as if you can't escape it, they are everywhere. I honestly believe the far left has never had the same amount of presence, which just makes alt-righters look very childish by spewing their beliefs everywhere in places that are inappropriate for politics. You see this in apps like Swiflie too and other places as well. Sometimes I wish they were trolls as I see so many Holocaust deniers and Nazi sympathizers online. This is actually one of the rare sites I've visited that overwhelmingly leans to the liberal side.

Yeah, I agree with you 100%.

Written By: 2001 on 06/11/17 at 3:22 pm

They don't call themselves alt-right. Alt-right is a generalizing term for large swaths of ideologies. But you'll see the alt right if you pass by a "free speech" rally and things like that.

I dislike the Alr-Right just as much as I dislike the far Left.  :D  :D  :D

How dare you!

Written By: tv on 06/11/17 at 8:52 pm

Good points (mostly).

I'm a liberal from NYC, non-denominational Christian. I couldn't vote in the 2016 election (I was born in 1999, as you know) but if I could...I would have voted for Hillary. I know Hillary wasn't an exceptional candidate and I know that she should have went to certain states that she didn't and I know that she should of focused more on economic issues rather than social and anti-Trump ones...however, Trump is just someone I could not vote for. I also couldn't vote for any third party candidate because I identify as a Democrat and because the 2 prominent third party candidates Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson and Green Party candidate Jill Stein were just not for me. Johnson was ignorant on some issues and I just don't like the liberatarian idea of "government so small that you can't see it" and Stein was too liberal and crazy for me. I just hope that the Dems nominate someone good to great for President in 2020.
I voted for Johnson. Hillary I couldn't vote for because of "email gate" if you will and Trump I couldn't vote for him because he is too bombastic and I don't think his policies were/are gonna work.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/11/17 at 8:59 pm

They don't call themselves alt-right. Alt-right is a generalizing term for large swaths of ideologies. But you'll see the alt right if you pass by a "free speech" rally and things like that.

How dare you!

I was gonna vote for Hillary but then the wind blew my elbow, then my elbow affected my hand, then my hand slipped on The Green Party!  :(  :(  :(

Written By: tv on 06/11/17 at 9:03 pm

I think US Senator Cory Booker(D-NJ) will be the Dem Nominee for President in 2020.

Written By: 2001 on 06/11/17 at 9:05 pm

I was gonna vote for Hillary but then the wind blew my elbow, then my elbow affected my hand, then my hand slipped on The Green Party!  :(  :(  :(

That's worse than T***p!

I think US Senator Cory Booker(D-NJ) will be the Dem Nominee for President in 2020.

Would you vote for him? :o

Written By: 80sfan on 06/11/17 at 9:09 pm

That's worse than T***p!

Would you bite for him? :o

It's never enough for you Far Leftists, isn't it? It's...too...draining.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/ATRL_Smilies_All/atrlers/jonny_zpsc73391c5.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/ATRL_Smilies_All/atrlers/jonny_zpsc73391c5.png

Written By: 2001 on 06/11/17 at 9:16 pm

It's never enough for you Far Leftists, isn't it? It's...too...draining.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/ATRL_Smilies_All/atrlers/jonny_zpsc73391c5.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/ATRL_Smilies_All/atrlers/jonny_zpsc73391c5.png

We must seize the means of production, which is to say, we must become our own doctors. No more medical-industrial complex!

Written By: 80sfan on 06/11/17 at 9:20 pm

We must seize the means of production, which is to say, we must become our own doctors. No more medical-industrial complex!

Are you say we should use sex hormones for healing homeless people? Then build a jet and export these hormones to 2nd world countries for illegal experiments??  ???  ???  :-X

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/11/17 at 10:00 pm

I voted for Johnson. Hillary I couldn't vote for because of "email gate" if you will and Trump I couldn't vote for him because he is too bombastic and I don't think his policies were/are gonna work.

OK, I respect your decision. At least, you didn't vote for Trump ;D.

Also, your avatar (Nicole Williams) is so sexy.

Written By: 2001 on 06/11/17 at 10:19 pm

Are you say we should use sex hormones for healing homeless people? Then build a jet and export these hormones to 2nd world countries for illegal experiments??  ???  ???  :-X

Anything is possible when you have total control of the state.  ???

Written By: Brian06 on 06/11/17 at 10:30 pm

I voted for Hillary as I've said before. I'm like moderate left leaning in philosophy (for an American anyway), but don't like what I see as far left liberal "identity politics". I hate racism but I see groups like Black Lives Matter as divisive, just my opinion. They have a point but I think they're divisive just like the tea party types are. I don't agree with the far left on Israel/Palestine conflict either, they're extremely pro Palestinian and I'm generally pro Israel though I don't totally like their right wing government either. I'm also a critic of Islam in general which the left considers to be political incorrect though they don't mind complaining about Christianity. We need to be careful who we let in from certain countries absolutely, but we shouldn't shut the doors completely, just have to be very careful who's going in and out from terror prone regions definitely. At the same time I respect freedom of religion absolutely and muslims shouldn't be discriminated against, but we shouldn't have wide open borders. There are real issues with thousands of random muslims from the middle eastern war zones flooding into European countries without border controls, and I don't really support that unrestricted like far left liberals seem to. I'm probably left leaning on economic issues, moderate on social issues, and probably right leaning on national security.

I'm pro environment- climate change is very much a real concern and we need to do what we can to control it (coal is outdated and horrible for the environment and I think the right wingers that are obsessed with their fake "war on coal" are idiots), I'm for a mixed economy where the government provides a reasonable level of service to its citizens while allowing economic freedom, I now support a universal health care system (pretty much every other country in the world has it, it is time for the US to have it), people who have the money should still be able to buy "premium" coverage if they want it though, pro gay marriage, on the fence with abortion (I support more restrictions than liberals do but not totally outlaw), pro gun rights in a general sense (law abiding citizens have the basic right to own a gun) but there should absolutely be reasonable regulations on the purchasing process.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/11/17 at 10:56 pm

I voted for Hillary as I've said before. I'm like moderate left leaning in philosophy (for an American anyway), but don't like what I see as far left liberal "identity politics". I hate racism but I see groups like Black Lives Matter as divisive, just my opinion. They have a point but I think they're divisive just like the tea party types are. I don't agree with the far left on Israel/Palestine conflict either, they're extremely pro Palestinian and I'm generally pro Israel though I don't totally like their right wing government either. I'm also a critic of Islam in general which the left considers to be political incorrect though they don't mind complaining about Christianity. We need to be careful who we let in from certain countries absolutely, but we shouldn't shut the doors completely, just have to be very careful who's going in and out from terror prone regions definitely. At the same time I respect freedom of religion absolutely and muslims shouldn't be discriminated against, but we shouldn't have wide open borders. There are real issues with thousands of random muslims from the middle eastern war zones flooding into European countries without border controls, and I don't really support that unrestricted like far left liberals seem to. I'm probably left leaning on economic issues, moderate on social issues, and probably right leaning on national security.

I'm pro environment- climate change is very much a real concern and we need to do what we can to control it (coal is outdated and horrible for the environment and I think the right wingers that are obsessed with their fake "war on coal" are idiots), I'm for a mixed economy where the government provides a reasonable level of service to its citizens while allowing economic freedom, I now support a universal health care system (pretty much every other country in the world has it, it is time for the US to have it), people who have the money should still be able to buy "premium" coverage if they want it though, pro gay marriage, on the fence with abortion (I support more restrictions than liberals do but not totally outlaw), pro gun rights in a general sense (law abiding citizens have the basic right to own a gun) but there should absolutely reasonable regulation on the purchasing process.

I pretty much every agree with everything that you said (only difference is that I'm pro-abortion and lean liberal on social issues). Other than that, we're the same on 98% of the issues.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/11/17 at 11:09 pm

I pretty much every agree with everything that you said (only difference is that I'm pro-abortion and lean liberal on social issues). Other than that, we're the same on 98% of the issues.

Yeah I'm maybe really "center-left" on social issues more than moderate, it's mainly abortion and my views on things like BLM and Islam that pushes me towards the center but I still agree with the left on most social issues in reality. I've seen liberals basically say they don't want to have anything to with anybody that questions unrestricted abortion however, which is really dumb imo.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/11/17 at 11:12 pm

Yeah I'm maybe really "center-left" on social issues more than moderate, it's mainly abortion and my views on things like BLM and Islam that pushes me towards the center but I still agree with the left on most social issues in reality. I've seen liberals basically say they don't want to have anything to with anybody that questions unrestricted abortion however, which is really dumb imo.

That is true.

Written By: 2001 on 06/12/17 at 2:17 pm

In Canada where we don't have any restrictions on abortion, there are only very very few doctors who are willing to do third trimester abortions anyway. There is one in Toronto, and one in Ottawa. There are no doctors in Quebec or in all of Eastern Canada that will do third trimester abortions. People have to travel really far to get one. And by far, most abortions (99%+) happen in the first two trimesters. If a woman is still willing to have an abortion in the third trimester, I think it's safe to assume that it's usually in very extenuating circumstances (no longer able to financially support the child, child has a disability or mother's life is threatened etc.) and it's not really for the state to decide which reasons are valid and which are not. It should be between the doctor and the patient. That's my opinion.  :-X Many people think there are women out there that are just chilling about carrying a baby until month 7 where they decide to be evil and kill their babies. That's usually not at all how it is. If someone has kept their pregnancy for that long, my guess is that they intended to keep it but something came up and they can no longer support the child. If we don't provide them with safe and legal abortions then it's very likely that these desperate women will do self-administered or back alley abortions which is not desirable for anybody.  :-X

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/12/17 at 3:51 pm

In Canada where we don't have any restrictions on abortion, there are only very very few doctors who are willing to do third trimester abortions anyway. There is one in Toronto, and one in Ottawa. There are no doctors in Quebec or in all of Eastern Canada that will do third trimester abortions. People have to travel really far to get one. And by far, most abortions (99%+) happen in the first two trimesters. If a woman is still willing to have an abortion in the third trimester, I think it's safe to assume that it's usually in very extenuating circumstances (no longer able to financially support the child, child has a disability or mother's life is threatened etc.) and it's not really for the state to decide which reasons are valid and which are not. It should be between the doctor and the patient. That's my opinion.  :-X Many people think there are women out there that are just chilling about carrying a baby until month 7 where they decide to be evil and kill their babies. That's usually not at all how it is. If someone has kept their pregnancy for that long, my guess is that they intended to keep it but something came up and they can no longer support the child. If we don't provide them with safe and legal abortions then it's very likely that these desperate women will do self-administered or back alley abortions which is not desirable for anybody.  :-X

Yeah, I know...that's why I'm pro-abortion ;D.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/13/17 at 12:50 pm

All I care too say on the whole Russiagate issue is this, if Hillary Clinton had won the election following a hack of the RNC and leaks of embarrassing emails from Wikileaks, and it was later discovered that her campaign had connections to the suspected Russian hackers, congressional Republicans would probably have already impeached her by now.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/13/17 at 12:55 pm

All I care too say on the whole Russiagate issue is this, if Hillary Clinton had won the election following a hack of the RNC and leaks of embarrassing emails from Wikileaks, and it was later discovered that her campaign had connections to the suspected Russian hackers, congressional Republicans would probably have already impeached her by now.

That is true.

Written By: wixness on 06/13/17 at 12:59 pm

I hear that people are looking up to Russia now for their anti-gay propaganda law, especially down in the YouTube comments sections.

I believe this is their solution for addressing the declining population for Russia. I don't know what's worse though, this or making it hard for Russians to emigrate, or forcing them to contribute to the economy when abroad.

Written By: tv on 06/17/17 at 9:45 am

Well there would have been an impeachment vote in the US House(and it would have passed) if Hillary had connection to Russian Hackers but she wouldn't have been forced out of office because Republicans don't have 60 or 67 Votes in the US Senate or the needed votes to force her out of office.

There were embarrassing e-mails from WikiLeaks like the DNC and Jon Podesta e-mails.

Written By: bchris02 on 06/17/17 at 2:13 pm

I hear that people are looking up to Russia now for their anti-gay propaganda law, especially down in the YouTube comments sections.

I agree with this.  Republicans really started to admire Putin after he enacted the anti-gay law.  They want to see similar laws here.  I remember people saying they never thought they would see a day when Russia was more in the favor of God than the U.S., given how in the 1950s, the U.S. championed Christian values and the Soviet Union was a secular society.

The entire Trump phenomena is because people are angry about gay marriage.  Most people won't say it, but that's what it's about.  It's kind of how the reason Obama was so hated was because of his skin color.  Few people would say it, but subconsciously, that's what it was about.

Written By: 2001 on 06/17/17 at 2:21 pm

I believe this is their solution for addressing the declining population for Russia. I don't know what's worse though, this or making it hard for Russians to emigrate, or forcing them to contribute to the economy when abroad.

Did you hear about the torture camps in Chechnya? I cried. Those poor people.  :\'(

Written By: wixness on 06/17/17 at 5:10 pm

Did you hear about the torture camps in Chechnya? I cried. Those poor people.  :\'(

Yeah. Milonov and Putin started this. Chechnya are taking advantage of Russia's new law to do this even though they fought each other in the past.

Written By: tv on 06/18/17 at 10:25 pm

I agree with this.  Republicans really started to admire Putin after he enacted the anti-gay law.  They want to see similar laws here.  I remember people saying they never thought they would see a day when Russia was more in the favor of God than the U.S., given how in the 1950s, the U.S. championed Christian values and the Soviet Union was a secular society.

The entire Trump phenomena is because people are angry about gay marriage.  Most people won't say it, but that's what it's about.  It's kind of how the reason Obama was so hated was because of his skin color.  Few people would say it, but subconsciously, that's what it was about.
Gay Marriage-Its not like Trump is gonna repeal the Gay Marriage ruling by "The Supreme Court" though. I think Obama was hated by some for his skin color but that's not the main reason as to why a majority of his detractors didn't like him.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/18/17 at 10:50 pm

Gay marriage is certainly a part of it but don't underestimate the role of the rise of ISIS, Black Lives Matter, and illegal immigration. Talk about gun control after mass shootings also caused a lot of anxiety among conservative gun owners and played a role. I think it was the combination of everything kind of blowing up at the same time around the mid 2010s that drove a lot of middle America nuts. Personally I actually think Trump would have lost if ISIS didn't happen. Terrorism generally seems to cause voters to flock to supposedly "tough" Republicans who will "keep us safe".  ::)  8-P

Written By: bchris02 on 06/19/17 at 3:06 am

Gay marriage is certainly a part of it but don't underestimate the role of the rise of ISIS, Black Lives Matter, and illegal immigration. Talk about gun control after mass shootings also caused a lot of anxiety among conservative gun owners and played a role. I think it was the combination of everything kind of blowing up at the same time around the mid 2010s that drove a lot of middle America nuts. Personally I actually think Trump would have lost if ISIS didn't happen. Terrorism generally seems to cause voters to flock to supposedly "tough" Republicans who will "keep us safe".  ::)  8-P

You have some good points here.  I always hated when Obama would use every tragedy to talk about gun control.  I liked most of what Obama did as President but that really bothered me.  Why?  Because it served no purpose but to feed into the paranoia that exists in rural America that Democrats and specifically Obama want to attempt a gun grab.  The 2nd amendment was a huge driver for people who voted Trump.  Thing is, it was based on paranoia and at no time did Obama propose taking away law abiding citizens' guns, but that perception was there that he wanted to.

You are definitely right that the cultural changes/issues in the mid '10s pretty much drove rural America over the edge.  Gay marriage was a part of that, but like you said, Black Lives Matter was a contributor as well.  A lot of rural America is subtly racist and always has been.  Even people who aren't outwardly racist are behind closed doors.  The kind of violent protesting and riots that accompanied BLM re-ignited racial tensions in this country that had long been thought to have been put to rest.  I really wish people would realize that violent protesting only hurts your cause.  I wish BLM would learn that and I wish that the current crop of anti-Trump protesters would learn that.  Violence gives the right wing a "license" to stereotype everyone of a certain ideology as violent and that's exactly what they are doing.

Check for new replies or respond here...