inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2017 fashion in pictures thread

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/04/17 at 1:34 pm

Post here things you've seen on men and women to get an idea of 2017 in fashion.

So far I've seen stuff like:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0f/f0/06/0ff006eecb619e0703b770c64268014f.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/34/97/83/3497830a2648d002a0868128a3ec7a1f.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwjv0Wapsz4GNnxn5NoxrzRUD077z94nemldtEsoxokuPQoBHp
https://i.imgsafe.org/4514fc24b8.jpg
https://i.imgsafe.org/4520f57323.jpg
http://www.dhresource.com/260x260s/f2-albu-g5-M01-60-41-rBVaJFkTZzeAJAwyAAab-n1V0Kc931.jpg/wholesale-new-designer-denim-women-2017-mid.jpg
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1Zbi4KpXXXXb9XpXXq6xXFXXXz/New-2016-XS-XL-Top-Quality-Women-Girls-Washed-Jeans-Denim-Casual-Hole-Jumpsuit-Romper-font.jpg

I can't pin a definitive look for men yet.

Subject: Re: 2017 fashion in pictures thread

Written By: annimal on 06/04/17 at 1:44 pm

rip it up

Written By: nintieskid999 on 06/04/17 at 3:25 pm

Whatever Kim Kardashian is wearing

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/04/17 at 4:11 pm

Okay, what about the guys?

Fashion is a big part of a year or decade. I'd think you guys would want to document it in real time.

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/04/17 at 4:48 pm

What about man rompers? Lol

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/04/17 at 8:00 pm

Male fashion trends of 2017 that I've witnessed so far:

Hair: The Undercut is still in, but it's starting to go out style. Beatles hair is making a comeback. The twist out is still popular for young blacks since 2012/2013.

Beards are slowly going out style in favor of clean-shaven or a goatee.

Hats: Snapbacks, trucker hats, occasionally a black fitted cap with an all black outfit

Upper body: Plaid shirts (major trend), Nike message shirts (major), superhero shirts, hipster-geek shirts, tribal pattern t-shirts from Sears are still in but going out of style this year, striped t-shirts & v-necks (major)

Pants: Taper leg sweatpants (mostly Nike), low-rise skinny straight leg jeans (fitted jeans or whatever you call 'em these days), cargo shorts, ripped straight leg jeans/skinnies

Shoes: Red Nike running shoes, neon running shoes, black Nike Free Runs from 2012,

Rare classics: Timberland boots, and occasionally Nike Air Force 1's from 2007 accompanied with a generic gangsta outfit, like Dem Franchize Boyz and early Eminem.

The most popular trend right now is the Lumbersexual/Grunge-revival/Hipster-Yuppie look all in one:

An undercut or a trucker hat, a beard, a plaid shirt/hoodie with a graphic hipster-geek tee underneath, ripped straight leg/skinny jeans, and boots.

Even this style is still currently relevant after 5 years, it's declining in popularity in favor of:

A snapback, Nike Swoosh shirt/hoodie, Nike taper leg pants/skinny straight leg jeans, and Nike sandals or red/neon Nike runners.

-

Female fashion trends of 2017 that I've witnessed so far:

Hair: Hairbun, Kardashian hair, Ombre hair

Upper body: North Face jacket, striped shirts, graphic hipster tees

Pants: Skinny jeans or black leggings

Shoes: Black Nike Free Runs from 2012 or any neon running shoes, occasionally Ugg Boots

Summary of the standard look for females (2012 - 2017):

Natural hair, ombre hair or a hairbun, aviators or wayfarer shades, North Face jacket in cold weather, a plaid shirt, white and black striped shirt, or a graphic hipster tee, skinnies or black leggings as pants, short-shorts in the summer, and black Nike Free Runs or neon running shoes and occasionally Uggs.

-

I'd post pictures instead, but I'm on my cellphone. Plus, that would take a while. Maybe soon. I think most people will know what I'm talking about.

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/04/17 at 8:23 pm

How does long hair fit in as far as guys are concerned?

Also, what about mustaches?

As far as clothes for men: Is dressiness at all in? I ask because I want to look hip, fashionable, eye-catching and I tend to feel most comfortable in slacks and a polo. But I want to look mainstream.

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/04/17 at 8:58 pm

"How does long hair fit in as far as guys are concerned?"

Long hair is definitely mainstream right now.

"Also, what about mustaches?"

You mean solo 'staches? The solo 'stache hasn't been mainstream since the 90's. However, a mustache accompanied with a beard has been popular for a while. But personally, I think a solo 'stache looks way cooler.

"As far as clothes for men: Is dressiness at all in? I ask because I want to look hip, fashionable, eye-catching and I tend to feel most comfortable in slacks and a polo. But I want to look mainstream."

Yep. Dressiness is popular right now. How about a striped Rocawear or Coogi polo from eBay? Those are super cool and eye-catching. Plus, you could buy some Rocawear or Coogi jeans to match, with some Timberland boots, Converse, or Vans.

Or you could keep it simple and wear a red polo with beige pants and black Converse or Vans.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/04/17 at 9:34 pm

"How does long hair fit in as far as guys are concerned?"

Long hair is definitely mainstream right now.

"Also, what about mustaches?"

You mean solo 'staches? The solo 'stache hasn't been mainstream since the 90's. However, a mustache accompanied with a beard has been popular for a while. But personally, I think a solo 'stache looks way cooler.

"As far as clothes for men: Is dressiness at all in? I ask because I want to look hip, fashionable, eye-catching and I tend to feel most comfortable in slacks and a polo. But I want to look mainstream."

Yep. Dressiness is popular right now. How about a striped Rocawear or Coogi polo from eBay? Those are super cool and eye-catching. Plus, you could buy some Rocawear or Coogi jeans to match, with some Timberland boots, Converse, or Vans.

Or you could keep it simple and wear a red polo with beige pants and black Converse or Vans.

You ever use the quote button bro?

Written By: FunkSoulBrother96 on 06/04/17 at 10:22 pm

You ever use the quote button bro?
I'm kinda new to this site. You know, still getting the hang of things and all...

Written By: Howard on 06/05/17 at 2:47 pm

What about man rompers? Lol

Wouldn't that be considered a trend? ???

Check for new replies or respond here...