inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Check the CNN website now

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/23/17 at 12:49 pm

The Trump shipwreck is no longer making the front headlines - America's opioid crisis replaced Trump as the front headlines on CNN's page.
Could this be a sign of significant change ahead in our political and cultural atmosphere?
I have noticed that, on the Democratic forum, the vibe has been a lot more relaxed in the past week or so than months prior.

Subject: Re: Check the CNN website now

Written By: 2001 on 06/23/17 at 3:35 pm

He might be becoming routine, but I definitely do not think anyone is warming up to him.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/23/17 at 3:53 pm

If you ask me the entire media (both sides) needs to be smashed with a sledgehammer then rebuilt from the ground-up into non biased outlets. They should feel absolutely ashamed of themselves for the division and fearmongering they've given the general public over the decades.

You're sounding like a Trump supporter right here :o. CNN is one of the most unbiased major news sources..yes, they have a slight left lean but they are still majorly unbiased. I have seen CNN cover things that piss off my "bleeding liberal heart" but have also seen things covered by CNN that piss off Trump supporters (which is basically everything, lol).

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/23/17 at 5:24 pm

You're sounding like a Trump supporter right here :o. CNN is one of the most unbiased major news sources..yes, they have a slight left lean but they are still majorly unbiased. I have seen CNN cover things that piss off my "bleeding liberal heart" but have also seen things covered by CNN that piss off Trump supporters (which is basically everything, lol).

They are corporate owned, and constantly root for foreign intervention. They are biased toward whatever side benefits the corporate/political establishment.
And I don't think cynicism of the media, cynicism of politicians is a RW phenomenon by any stretch. It's bi-partisan to the core.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/23/17 at 5:33 pm

Back to Trump coverage
Should see less and less of this 24/7 political talk down the road. No, not all of it is anti-Trump. Some of it is applause, but even FAUX Noise can't contain their internal laughter at the shipwreck in DC, let alone CNN. Its all a show

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/23/17 at 5:45 pm

They are corporate owned, and constantly root for foreign intervention. They are biased toward whatever side benefits the corporate/political establishment.
And I don't think cynicism of the media, cynicism of politicians is a RW phenomenon by any stretch. It's bi-partisan to the core.

Um.....OK. Yeah sure whatever ::).

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/23/17 at 6:12 pm

You're being too optimistic. CNN will more than likely go back to having Trump stuff on the frontpage soon enough, it's what they do.

If you ask me the entire media (both sides) needs to be smashed with a sledgehammer then rebuilt from the ground-up into non biased outlets. They should feel absolutely ashamed of themselves for the division and fearmongering they've given the general public over the decades.

That's funny. I thought Trump himself was responsible for the division and fearmongering, especially towards his cabinet. lol

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/23/17 at 6:14 pm

That's funny. I thought Trump himself was responsible for the division and fearmongering, especially towards his cabinet. lol

Same here.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/23/17 at 7:54 pm

In the past year, yes, Trump fostered a sh*tload of division of fear-mongering, hate-mongering, paranoia and division.
But who is shouting "TERRORISM", "TERRORISM" non-stop at every minor incident in the US and abroad? Who has been trying to excuse war crimes and war-monger for the past few decades? Was it Ron Paul? Bernie Sanders? Nancy Pelosi? Jason Kander? John Kasich? Was it your next-door neighbor? Or is it that the mainstream media is a convenient tool for high-profile officials to disseminate and spread their propaganda? Why do you have blind faith in the media, what has it done for you? Wake up and stop trusting entities that do nothing for you

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/23/17 at 7:56 pm

Um.....OK. Yeah sure whatever ::).

I don't understand what you get out of defending CNN. Most liberals/left-leaners/Democrats that I've spoken to (on the Internet and irl) agree that CNN and MSM in general should only be taken with a grain of salt. FOX News is just the MOST blatant example of the BSing that goes on daily amongst our talking-head friends

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/23/17 at 8:08 pm

I don't understand what you get out of defending CNN. Most liberals/left-leaners/Democrats that I've spoken to (on the Internet and irl) agree that CNN and MSM in general should only be taken with a grain of salt. FOX News is just the MOST blatant example of the BSing that goes on daily amongst our talking-head friends

You have no proof that what you say about CNN is true. Anyways, I'm not getting into this issue any longer.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/23/17 at 8:09 pm

In the past year, yes, Trump fostered a sh*tload of division of fear-mongering, hate-mongering, paranoia and division.
But who is shouting "TERRORISM", "TERRORISM" non-stop at every minor incident in the US and abroad? Who has been trying to excuse war crimes and war-monger for the past few decades? Was it Ron Paul? Bernie Sanders? Nancy Pelosi? Jason Kander? John Kasich? Was it your next-door neighbor? Or is it that the mainstream media is a convenient tool for high-profile officials to disseminate and spread their propaganda? Why do you have blind faith in the media, what has it done for you? Wake up and stop trusting entities that do nothing for you

1. I don't even watch the news, let alone any sort of alternative media. Mainstream or not, they're all pieces of sh*t.

2. I'm a political independent and I despise both Democrats and Republicans for what they're doing to America. No matter if it's Trump, Kasich, Palin, Bush, or any high-ranked Republican, they're really the same in terms of politics.

3. I never said that I praised the mainstream media. Where do you get that assumption, just because I made a joke about Trump? After all, the joke was made from Zelek3, who probably praises Fox News (a mainstream outlet) more than anybody in this forum who was born in the mid and late 90s.

4. What do you expect me to do? Listen to The Young Turks, who are extremely biased and obsess over identity politics? Or Alex Jones, who believes that Alien: Covenant will expose beliefs of the Illuminati? It doesn't matter if the media is controlled by corporate establishment. These people are making money over biased reports from either Democrats or Republicans. They're made for brainwashing you for f*ck sakes.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/23/17 at 8:24 pm

He might be becoming routine, but I definitely do not think anyone is warming up to him.

If they're not warming up to him, are you saying that they're hotting up to him?? Because he's so hot? SSssssssssssssssss!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxNvtIm8r6M6c24QTc2C-R6o7LyGe1nDO6PpTqk-4xmhaZnSoO

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/23/17 at 8:34 pm

2. I'm a political independent and I despise both Democrats and Republicans for what they're doing to America. No matter if it's Trump, Kasich, Palin, Bush, or any high-ranked Republican, they're really the same in terms of politics.

What are the Dems doing to America? ???

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/23/17 at 8:38 pm

What are the Dems doing to America? ???

Well, they basically brought in Hillary Clinton to run for the 2016 election, even though she ultimately failed in the 2008 and 2016 elections. They also can't think of another candidate that could debate better than Trump, especially when they couldn't even get support for the electoral college.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/23/17 at 8:42 pm

Well, they basically brought in Hillary Clinton to run for the 2016 election, even though she ultimately failed in the 2008 and 2016 elections. They also can't think of another candidate that could debate better than Trump, especially when they couldn't even get support for the electoral college.

I understand that Hillary Clinton wasn't perfect and you didn't like her as a Presidential candidate. However, what does any of that have to do with the Democrats being detrimental to the country? ???

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 06/23/17 at 8:46 pm

I understand that Hillary Clinton wasn't perfect and you didn't like her as a Presidential candidate. However, what does any of that have to do with the Democrats being detrimental to the country? ???

The Dems... are not really doing anything horrendous compared to the Republicans. I just get angry at some people that think I believe more into the Democrats, even though I don't follow them as much as my family. Trump alone is basically ruining this country, in ways that can't even be denied in America. But the thing is, a lot of people who don't like him are insisting on attacking him, even though that would never be done right because the Secret Service could arrest them. Our only hope is that Democratic senators and representatives could win back Congress, or wait until 2020.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/23/17 at 8:58 pm

1. I don't even watch the news, let alone any sort of alternative media. Mainstream or not, they're all pieces of sh*t.

3. I never said that I praised the mainstream media. Where do you get that assumption, just because I made a joke about Trump? After all, the joke was made from Zelek3, who probably praises Fox News (a mainstream outlet) more than anybody in this forum who was born in the mid and late 90s.

4. What do you expect me to do? Listen to The Young Turks, who are extremely biased and obsess over identity politics? Or Alex Jones, who believes that Alien: Covenant will expose beliefs of the Illuminati? It doesn't matter if the media is controlled by corporate establishment. These people are making money over biased reports from either Democrats or Republicans. They're made for brainwashing you for f*ck sakes.

1. I agree. I take all media with a grain of salt, and this includes "alternative"

2. I have come to despise both parties, though perhaps not equally. The authoritarian, statist, Reich-Wing agenda of the political elite shows itself strongest in the Palin/McCain wing of the GOP as well as the newly formed Trump wing. Pelosi irks me considerably less than many mainstream REPs do, though I wouldn't say I "trust" her.

3. Sorry for the misunderstanding.As I said above, FOX News is the worst, most blatant example of the deplorable state of today's press.

4. I agree. Trust no one

Check for new replies or respond here...