inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Saturday morning cartoons return to THE CW

Written By: John Titor on 07/06/17 at 12:05 pm

http://sbgi.net/pr-news/sinclair-to-launch-kidsclick-multiplatform-programming-block-for-children/

SINCLAIR TO LAUNCH ‘KIDSCLICK’ MULTIPLATFORM PROGRAMMING BLOCK FOR CHILDREN

Will air Weekdays from 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
And Weekends 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. ET/PT

sonic X, Max steel, pink panther and pac man are some of the shows on the block.

It is on this channel called THIS tho, altho CW has nabbed up the block in one area

KidsClick will air Monday-Friday from 6-9 a.m. on CW Rochester and also on Saturdays from 5-8 a.m. and Sundays from 7-10 a.m.

Subject: Re: Saturday morning cartoons return to THE CW

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/06/17 at 1:07 pm

Yeah, this is just a bunch of fluff. It's not even available to most American TV households. It's on for too short and too early for most kids nowadays anyways.

Written By: 2001 on 07/06/17 at 2:05 pm

They still have some Saturday morning cartoons. New episodes of My Little Pony come on at 10AM on Saturdays, I think. You can usually just wait for it to come on Netflix though.

Written By: Howard on 07/06/17 at 2:55 pm

They still have some Saturday morning cartoons. New episodes of My Little Pony come on at 10AM on Saturdays, I think. You can usually just wait for it to come on Netflix though.

What about the 80's cartoons? ???

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/06/17 at 3:03 pm

As much as I miss the days of getting up at 6 AM and making a bowl of cereal to watch 5 hours of cartoons on ABC, CBS and Fox, those days are long gone.

Written By: Howard on 07/06/17 at 3:49 pm

As much as I miss the days of getting up at 6 AM and making a bowl of cereal to watch 5 hours of cartoons on ABC, CBS and Fox, those days are long gone.

I miss those days too, But there's always YouTube.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/06/17 at 3:54 pm

You're definitely correct. Also, this program is not even available to like 99% of American TV households.

Written By: John Titor on 07/06/17 at 4:14 pm

I wish FOX KIDS and KIDS WB came back

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/06/17 at 4:22 pm

I wish FOX KIDS and KIDS WB came back

Me too. They are rebooting Animaniacs with Steven Spielberg and his animation company (Amblin Entertainment) once again partnering with Warner Bros. to create it. Since they are bringing back Animaniacs, they should revive either Fox Kids or Kids' WB and put it on there. They could either show reruns of other shows that were on Fox Kids or Kids' WB or bring some of them back. I think that would be cool.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 07/06/17 at 5:50 pm

Yeah, I don't think a block that would only be on for three hours would be good. Although bringing back the Animaniacs would be a godsend to many Warner Bros. fans.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/06/17 at 6:32 pm

I hope they bring back The Bugs Bunny Show too.

pUtZVEpG5cM

Written By: 2001 on 07/06/17 at 6:34 pm

What about the 80's cartoons? ???

It's all new cartoons I think.

Written By: John Titor on 07/06/17 at 7:01 pm

pUtZVEpG5cM

it comes on Boomerang

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/06/17 at 7:17 pm

it comes on Boomerang

That show doesn't come on Boomerang. Only the original Looney Tunes is shown on Boomerang.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/06/17 at 7:22 pm

Yeah, I don't think a block that would only be on for three hours would be good.

I agree.

Although bringing back the Animaniacs would be a godsend to many Warner Bros. fans.

It would and it's actually happening! :D

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/05/animaniacs-reboot-steven-spielberg-amblin-1201817336/

Currently, Animaniacs doesn't have a home because it's so early in development. I think that they should put it on: 1. Cartoon Network (the most viable option and best current fit), 2. Fox Kids (revive it), 3. Kids' WB (revive it). The last 2 options are very unlikely to happen though :(.

Written By: Dude111 on 07/07/17 at 2:47 am

Yeah, this is just a bunch of fluff.

Yup nothing good @ all.......... No surprise though!!

Written By: Howard on 07/07/17 at 6:48 am

pUtZVEpG5cM

It probably won't be the same.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/07/17 at 10:24 am

It probably won't be the same.

I think that he meant reruns. However, Boomerang already shows the original Looney Tunes.

Written By: Dude111 on 07/07/17 at 1:19 pm

Do they?? Thats good to hear!!!!

For awhile Cartoon network was showing that NEW looney tunes show!!

WHAT A PIECE OF GARBAGE!!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/07/17 at 1:24 pm

Do they?? Thats good to hear!!!!

For awhile Cartoon network was showing that NEW looney tunes show!!

WHAT A PIECE OF GARBAGE!!

Boomerang and Cartoon Network are seperate channels but they are both owned by Turner Broadcasting. However, ever since 2015...they have turned Boomerang into "Cartoon Network 2.0".

Also, The Looney Tunes Show was decent. Not great but not bad.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/17 at 1:58 pm

I think that he meant reruns. However, Boomerang already shows the original Looney Tunes.

that's good.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 07/07/17 at 3:27 pm

Boomerang and Cartoon Network are seperate channels but they are both owned by Turner Broadcasting. However, ever since 2015...they have turned Boomerang into "Cartoon Network 2.0".

Which is what the channel shouldn't be, since they were known as a nostalgic channel.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/07/17 at 3:46 pm

Which is what the channel shouldn't be, since they were known as a nostalgic channel.

Correct.

Written By: Shemp97 on 07/07/17 at 6:37 pm

I wish Jetix would return. GOAT kids network.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/07/17 at 6:45 pm

I wish Jetix would return. GOAT kids network.

Jetix was the replacement of Fox Kids. I loved Jetix growing up.

Written By: Howard on 07/08/17 at 7:07 am

Who in the hell came up with the name Boomerang? ::)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/08/17 at 9:03 am

Who in the hell came up with the name Boomerang? ::)

The people who made the channel did. They named it "Boomerang" because a boomerang is a object that you throw and it comes back to you. The original point of the channel was that if you grew up in the 1940s-1990s (particularly 1940s-1970s)....the cartoons you watched would be "all coming back to you" (particularly, Hanna-Barbera cartoons). "It's All Coming Back To You" was actually Boomerang's slogan from it's inception in 2000 until the rebrand in early 2015.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/08/17 at 2:11 pm

Wow! That's somewhat surprising since they ended all SatAM shows 3 years ago. We'll see if they can make a great comeback.

Jetix was the replacement of Fox Kids. I loved Jetix growing up.
What about FoxBox? ??? That block was the replacement before Jetix.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/08/17 at 2:22 pm

The people who made the channel did. They named it "Boomerang" because a boomerang is a object that you throw and it comes back to you. The original point of the channel was that if you grew up in the 1940s-1990s (particularly 1940s-1970s)....the cartoons you watched would be "all coming back to you" (particularly, Hanna-Barbera cartoons). "It's All Coming Back To You" was actually Boomerang's slogan from it's inception in 2000 until the rebrand in early 2015.

Yup. I still prefer Cartoon Network Prime though.

FoxBox was fun. Haha It instantly declined after its debut in 02 though, its peak.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/08/17 at 3:03 pm

Wow! That's somewhat surprising since they ended all SatAM shows 3 years ago. We'll see if they can make a great comeback.

Are you talking about Boomerang?

FoxBox (later known as 4Kids TV) wasn't a direct replacement for Fox Kids...Jetix was.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/08/17 at 3:04 pm

Yup. I still prefer Cartoon Network Prime though.

"Cartoon Network Prime"....what is that? ???

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/08/17 at 5:26 pm

"Cartoon Network Prime"....what is that? ???

Cartoon Network Prime is a channel I wish was a thing. It sound more up to date, where Boomerang could have just been its own thing for cartoons below the 90s and downer.

Cartoon Network Prime would have been sick because then, it would have kept the classic Cartoon Network bumpers and aired passed Toonami anime like the original FUNimation dub of DBZ with the Bruce Faulconer soundtrack and Naruto. The purpose of the network is simply, Cartoon Network forever. Like a Cartoon Network frozed in time thing. It would have been interesting, man. Its the Cartoon Network we all know and love that just separated from bad managers and still do its own thing.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/08/17 at 8:35 pm

Cartoon Network Prime is a channel I wish was a thing. It sound more up to date, where Boomerang could have just been its own thing for cartoons below the 90s and downer.

Cartoon Network Prime would have been sick because then, it would have kept the classic Cartoon Network bumpers and aired passed Toonami anime like the original FUNimation dub of DBZ with the Bruce Faulconer soundtrack and Naruto. The purpose of the network is simply, Cartoon Network forever. Like a Cartoon Network frozed in time thing. It would have been interesting, man. Its the Cartoon Network we all know and love that just separated from bad managers and still do its own thing.

Interesting idea. All though I do think that "The Checkerboard" would be a better name for that channel. It's an idea that will probably never happen but it would be very cool if it did.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/08/17 at 11:33 pm

Interesting idea. All though I do think that "The Checkerboard" would be a better name for that channel. It's an idea that will probably never happen but it would be very cool if it did.

The Checkerboard? The channel's logo would already still be the classic checkerboard Cartoon Network logo. I don't know. I need time for it to grow on me. The idea is most likely to never happen. And because, Boomerang has already taken away the purpose for the network.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/09/17 at 12:02 am

The Checkerboard? The channel's logo would already still be the classic checkerboard Cartoon Network logo. I don't know. I need time for it to grow on me. The idea is most likely to never happen. And because, Boomerang has already taken away the purpose for the network.

I got a better name...."Cartoon Cartoon Network". That would be perfect (....in theory) 8).

Written By: Howard on 07/09/17 at 7:15 am

I got a better name...."Cartoon Cartoon Network". That would be perfect (....in theory) 8).

that wouldn't make sense.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/09/17 at 7:40 am

Why not? ???

Written By: Howard on 07/09/17 at 7:52 am

Why not? ???

Why would you call it Cartoon, Cartoon Network? The name already explains itself.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/09/17 at 8:19 am

Why would you call it Cartoon, Cartoon Network? The name already explains itself.

It's "Cartoon Cartoon Network" (without the comma). Anyways, that name would a double reference to the history of Cartoon Network and CN itself.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/44/CartoonCartoons.svg/1200px-CartoonCartoons.svg.png

Cartoon Cartoons are the "collective name used by Cartoon Network for their original shows from 1997 to 2003. The majority of them were produced by Hanna-Barbera and/or Cartoon Network Studios".

The second reference would be obvious...."Cartoon Cartoon Network". Simple enough and no explanation needed.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/09/17 at 9:21 am

No. It does. Its brilliant.
It's "Cartoon Cartoon Network" (without the comma). Anyways, that name would a double reference to the history of Cartoon Network and CN itself.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/44/CartoonCartoons.svg/1200px-CartoonCartoons.svg.png

Cartoon Cartoons are the "collective name used by Cartoon Network for their original shows from 1997 to 2003. The majority of them were produced by Hanna-Barbera and/or Cartoon Network Studios".

The second reference would be obvious...."Cartoon Cartoon Network". Simple enough and no explanation needed.

Ok. You effortlessly beat me to this. I love it. Haha You can't get anymore Cartoon Network than this.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/09/17 at 10:21 am

Ok. You effortlessly beat me to this. I love it. Haha You can't get anymore Cartoon Network than this.

I know right! 8)

Written By: Howard on 07/09/17 at 12:35 pm

I know right! 8)

OK, You win.

Written By: Wobo on 05/21/18 at 12:36 am

I saw, it's pretty good the schedule is fine but it will never hold up to Vortexx or 4kids.

Check for new replies or respond here...