inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Cosmo Dinardo Case: Is this 2017's George Zimmerman/Scott Peterson?

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/13/17 at 12:23 pm

For those who haven't been reading the news, CNN and other mainstream media sources are all over the mysterious disappearances of four young men in Bucks County PA. A person of interest, Cosmo Dinardo, is in custody and has likely motive. A case keeps building up against him, as he recently sold the victim's car and just yesterday, multiple human remains were uncovered near Cosmo's property. Only one of the missing four have been positively identified so far.
Since the case has garnered nationwide attention, as the case progresses and further unravels itself, the story could temporarily overtake Trump coverage as #1 national headlines on CNN, FOX, etc.
It is a very intriguing case to me, because of my interest in true crime. I read up on the notorious murders of Jonbenet Ramsey, Jessica Chambers,  Natalee Holloway, etc.
Is anyone else following the story and think it could be THE defining non-political news story of 2017? Especially if the poor young men were subject to a particularly gruesome death and/or tortured prior to the fact? There are also rumors that Cosmo was also a key figure in the local drug trade, he could have been a rising figure in the U.S. drug trade and nobody knew but him and those within' the trade.

Subject: Re: The Cosmo Dinardo Case: Is this 2017's George Zimmerman/Scott Peterson?

Written By: BornIn86 on 07/13/17 at 5:30 pm

Nope. He confessed.

Subject: Re: The Cosmo Dinardo Case: Is this 2017's George Zimmerman/Scott Peterson?

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/13/17 at 6:28 pm

Nope. He confessed.

Exactly. But the trial will likely be filled with juicy, grisly revelations and if my hunch that he was a major drug player is right, he COULD end up being another cult icon like Elliot Rodger and Charles Manson was for some.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/13/17 at 6:31 pm

Doubtful that he was a major drug player. More likely a head case who's sold a little dope on the side and then decided to kill some guys for beer money.

Unlike the other cases there is no mystery.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/13/17 at 7:18 pm

Doubtful that he was a major drug player. More likely a head case who's sold a little dope on the side and then decided to kill some guys for beer money.

Unlike the other cases there is no mystery.

There wasn't too much mystery to the Peterson case. He appeared pretty guilty from the get-go. The motive was also clear. But it was the sensational nature of the crime that drew so much attention to it, and luring four well-built young men to their savage deaths over "beer money" (if that's the motive) is pretty sensational and newsworthy to me. Anytime a crime is, (1) grisly, (2) Has a high body count or (3) involves young children , it is likely to get substantial media coverage.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/16/17 at 11:48 am

On the Yahoo page, it's still non-stop Cosmo coverage.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/16/17 at 4:17 pm

Cosmo and the other dude are cousins.

Maybe this case will explode like the Erik and Lyle Menendez Case.  :o

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/16/17 at 6:20 pm

Cosmo and the other dude are cousins.

Maybe this case will explode like the Erik and Lyle Menendez Case.  :o

That's what I'm thinking. I also fear Dinardo gaining a cult following like Manson and Dahmer, due to the whole "alpha-dog" personality, drug factor and sheer brutality of the crimes.
This generation lacks a Manson or Dahmer so far, and he might be it.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/16/17 at 6:21 pm

The Menendez Brothers hae a series coming up on them, right?

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/17/17 at 10:06 am

That's what I'm thinking. I also fear Dinardo gaining a cult following like Manson and Dahmer, due to the whole "alpha-dog" personality, drug factor and sheer brutality of the crimes.
This generation lacks a Manson or Dahmer so far, and he might be it.

Dahmer had a cult following?  Did not know that.

Charlie Manson was definitely charismatic. Not sure if this DiNardo guy had charisma or not. I still see him as a small time bum with a few loose screws.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/17/17 at 11:48 am

Dahmer had a cult following?  Did not know that.

Charlie Manson was definitely charismatic. Not sure if this DiNardo guy had charisma or not. I still see him as a small time bum with a few loose screws.

Well, he IS a small time bum, to a fault. Bundy probably has a greater cult following than Dahmer, now that I think about it. But as this case unfolds, more details were emerge to the public and we will see if they are interesting enough for Cosmo to be a Millennial Manson or if he's just another disturbed individual who snapped one unfortunate day and that cost him an eternity of freedom.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/17/17 at 11:50 am

I personally think Cosmo is meticulous. I don't think he "snapped". The grave had been dug ahead of time, for an elaborate reason.
Charismatic? Maybe not Bundy or Manson charismatic, but scheming? For sure.

Check for new replies or respond here...