inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I just remembered something

Written By: HeyJealousy on 07/21/17 at 1:33 am

So apparently, during the 1970s-1990s, "your mother" jokes were everywhere. I hardly hear them anymore but I just remembered hearing them quite a bit during my elementary school years (2006-08 at least).
This signifies a great cultural shift around the year 2008. "Your mother" was an extremely popular joke for all age groups back in the generations past, but not so much this generation apparently.

Subject: Re: I just remembered something

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 07/21/17 at 2:14 am

So apparently, during the 1970s-1990s, "your mother" jokes were everywhere. I hardly hear them anymore but I just remembered hearing them quite a bit during my elementary school years (2006-08 at least).
This signifies a great cultural shift around the year 2008. "Your mother" was an extremely popular joke for all age groups back in the generations past, but not so much this generation apparently.

People commonly said it at my primary school. Some of the jokes were actually pretty insulting. :P

Written By: Howard on 07/21/17 at 7:29 am

they would also say "Your Father" and "Your whole generation". ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/21/17 at 7:43 am

they would also say "Your Father" and "Your whole generation". ::)
Some children cannot now say "Your Father", because the father is nowadays sometimes unknown.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/21/17 at 7:52 am

I believe that "Your mother" or more correctly "Your mama" is still said in elementary schools today. However, none of us are currently in elementary school...so yeah.

Written By: 2001 on 07/21/17 at 9:41 am

1970s? I think it was the 1990s when it exploded, and it gradually declined from there.

Last time I heard it (that wasn't ironic) was in 2003 or 2004. I think once you get out of school, you don't hear it very much.

Written By: Howard on 07/21/17 at 1:22 pm

or how about "Your mama wears combat boots"  ;D ::)

Written By: Slim95 on 07/23/17 at 3:18 am

When I was in junior high, they would just say "your mom" with no joke attached to it. Shows how lazy this generation has become.  :P

Written By: Zelek3 on 07/26/17 at 11:57 pm

The last time I heard it was on a mid 2006 episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, where irwin's mom and the principal get into a competition to out-"yo mama" each other.

Hmmm... the last time I heard them was in mid 2006. Maybe yo mama jokes are yet another thing that the late 2006 shift killed? ;D (j/k)

Check for new replies or respond here...