inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The divas of electropop

Written By: bchris02 on 08/04/17 at 12:40 am

Who would you consider the divas of late '00s/early '10s electropop.  Here is my ranking.

Tier I: Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Katy Perry
Tier II: Britney Spears, Madonna, Rihanna
Tier III: Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, La Roux

Agree or disagree?

Subject: Re: The divas of electropop

Written By: 2001 on 08/04/17 at 10:15 am

Looks right! Although, I don't remember Miley Cyrus doing any electropop. Wasn't she still with Disney back then?

Written By: #Infinity on 08/04/17 at 11:06 am

Cheryl Cole was a huge deal in Britain at the time. She even recorded a big hit that was surprisingly great with will.i.am.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 08/04/17 at 12:08 pm

Cheryl Cole was a huge deal in Britain at the time. She even recorded a big hit that was surprisingly great with will.i.am.

Definitely! Her song 'Fight for this Love' was pretty huge as well when it came out in 2009

Written By: bchris02 on 08/04/17 at 1:17 pm

Looks right! Although, I don't remember Miley Cyrus doing any electropop. Wasn't she still with Disney back then?

I would consider "Party in the USA" to be electropop.  The song was very, very popular in late 2009 and early 2010.

Written By: whistledog on 08/04/17 at 7:40 pm

A topic like this would have different answers based on country.  Like Cheryl Cole from the UK, some electropop singers, while popular in their own country, might not be known in other countries.  Some examples of recent ones:

Alexandra Stan - Romania
Havana Brown - Australia
Mia Martina - Canada
Evelyn Zangger - Switzerland

Check for new replies or respond here...