inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: P!nk's "What About Us"

Written By: HeyJealousy on 08/10/17 at 8:04 pm

I'm getting a different vibe with this one. Maybe it's just me, but the melody and lyrical content doesn't scream 2015. Sure, it's EDM-tinged, but I'd wager to predict that most hits in the foreseeable future will be electronically tinged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=987xHnVfRI4

Pop isn't my thing generally (punk and grunge is where I lay my feet down on), but high-quality pop (electropop to me is of higher quality than EDM pop) I can not just tolerate but enjoy... the song itself is bleak in nature, but I enjoy its maturity.

Subject: Re: P!nk's "What About Us"

Written By: bchris02 on 08/10/17 at 8:35 pm

I'm getting a different vibe with this one. Maybe it's just me, but the melody and lyrical content doesn't scream 2015. Sure, it's EDM-tinged, but I'd wager to predict that most hits in the foreseeable future will be electronically tinged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=987xHnVfRI4

Pop isn't my thing generally (punk and grunge is where I lay my feet down on), but high-quality pop (electropop to me is of higher quality than EDM pop) I can not just tolerate but enjoy... the song itself is bleak in nature, but I enjoy its maturity.

I like it.  Good to see P!nk is back in it.  I really liked her stuff in both the early '00s and the late '00s.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/12/17 at 1:14 am

This actually songs very much like mid 2010s music to me but I guess P!nk makes it more tolerable.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/13/17 at 1:09 am

What's the difference between electro pop and EDM (electronic dance pop)?  ??? It's the same genre pretty much. Anyways I would choose Chainsmokers over Lady Gaga any day!

Written By: Slim95 on 08/13/17 at 1:11 am

It sounds like an average late 2010s song. Like all the pop songs that are popular today and in 2016. It does not sound 2015 and neither do any of the other songs that are popular today (except for some trap songs)

Written By: Slim95 on 08/13/17 at 1:12 am

This actually songs very much like mid 2010s music to me but I guess P!nk makes it more tolerable.

No it actually sounds late 2010s.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/13/17 at 11:17 pm

No it actually sounds late 2010s.

mid-late, whatever, we're not even half way through the late 2010s.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/13/17 at 11:19 pm

What's the difference between electro pop and EDM (electronic dance pop)?  ??? It's the same genre pretty much. Anyways I would choose Chainsmokers over Lady Gaga any day!

Lady Gaga's song, Just Dance > > > > >  Donald Trump's farts > Anything made by the Chainsmokers

Written By: 2001 on 08/13/17 at 11:22 pm

This sounded like Paris (by Chainsmokers) with P!nk's stronger vocals. :P

Chainsmokers can keep doing their thing but I hate how everyone is trying to copy them.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/13/17 at 11:26 pm

mid-late, whatever, we're not even half way through the late 2010s.

True but I just think what we see now is pretty much late '10s culture because I don't see a lot changing this year.

I like some of the Chainsmokers songs. Much better thab Lady Gaga imo. I never liked her or her music.

Check for new replies or respond here...