inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What will the 2020s be like?

Written By: temaichi on 08/17/17 at 10:11 am

Do you remember when you thought that there would be flying cars, robots, spaceships and futuristic sheesh happening in the year 2000 or 2010 as a kid? Yeah those were the times...

That makes me question once more...
What will the 2020s be like? It sound`s so cool just from hearing it. It`s the only year where you get a double "20" for this millenium. Anyways...Do you think it will be a BETTER decade then our current decade? Will pop culture change for the best and do a big backlash? I mean something has to change right? There is no decade that is the same as the previous decade. Every decade has a big chapter.

Things HAS to change soon right? After being so sheeshty for so long. It will probably be a transition going on for us pretty soon just like how 2007-09 had a big transition to the 2010s and that gave us a taste of what`s to come for that decade. So have you felt anything change lately? Something that could give us a hint for the 2020s?

What do YOU guys think? Will it be a better decade or not?
I also want to know your predictions for the 2020s. Let me know!  ;D

Subject: Re: What will the 2020s be like?

Written By: John Titor on 08/17/17 at 5:07 pm

Do you remember when you thought that there would be flying cars, robots, spaceships and futuristic sheesh happening in the year 2000 or 2010 as a kid? Yeah those were the times...

That makes me question once more...
What will the 2020s be like? It sound`s so cool just from hearing it. It`s the only year where you get a double "20" for this millenium. Anyways...Do you think it will be a BETTER decade then our current decade? Will pop culture change for the best and do a big backlash? I mean something has to change right? There is no decade that is the same as the previous decade. Every decade has a big chapter.

Things HAS to change soon right? After being so sheeshty for so long. It will probably be a transition going on for us pretty soon just like how 2007-09 had a big transition to the 2010s and that gave us a taste of what`s to come for that decade. So have you felt anything change lately? Something that could give us a hint for the 2020s?

What do YOU guys think? Will it be a better decade or not?
I also want to know your predictions for the 2020s. Let me know!  ;D

the pre  2020s are already happening right now

-Trump
- all of the terror attacks as of late
- pop culture shifting to lighter,  (THE NEW TRL,  decline of gritty tv shows)
- Boy bands creeping back  (the nsync type)
- Studies coming out showing Social media is making teens depressed
-  legalization of weed
- Crackdown on cops
08-16 artists losing relevance (katy Perry, gaga)

Written By: Mat1991 on 08/17/17 at 6:37 pm

I hope for the '20s to be an era of peace and prosperity.

I can dream...

Written By: 2001 on 08/17/17 at 6:53 pm

It's going to be a decade of automation, virtual and augmented reality and other massive technological breakthroughs. Even just thinking about 2020 seems kind of futuristic.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 08/18/17 at 12:15 am

Well, for one, punk's supposed to make a comeback of sorts. If not punk (or pop-punk), then at least some form of rock music (even if with electronic influences).

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/18/17 at 12:41 am

Are boy bands really coming back? I have yet to see any evidence of a return of boy bands, whether it be in the form of Nsync or not. If anything, the opposite is happening. One Direction split up and the members of the group have since formed very successful solo careers. While 5SOS, on the other hand, enjoyed a brief run of success in 2014, they have since fell out of the spotlight and you don't hear of them anymore. I honestly can't think of any boy bands which still remain popular in the mainstream. Even the teen pop stars of the Early 2010s, such as Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus, have matured in their sound and no longer specifically target that age cohort.

Although they may continue into the 2020s, I think they are very much a defining aspect of 2010s society.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/18/17 at 1:08 am

I think the 2020s will be very different from the 2010s. "Better" is relative but I think (and hope) it will be better in terms of the violence and political tension this decade has. I have a feeling next decade will be the opposite to this one, and the 2010s will face some backlash. Things will look very different and we will only get a peek of what's to come in the '20s around 2019. I do not believe at all the things we are seeing now are previews to the next decade, it will change a lot. The '20s will see a lot of technological advancements and I believe it will have a unique culture. Music will sound quite different and fashion and trends will change as well. The 2000s will be retro next decade as well, how crazy is that!?  :o

I hope the 2019 - 2021 period gets a sort ot of reboot of the Y2K aesthetic because Y2K will have huge nostalgia at this time being 20 years ago. 2020 sounds futuristic and I hope to see some cool futuristic "space ship" aesthetics like the Y2K era has seen only more advanced and bad ass. Oh and one thing I think for sure will change in the '20s is the fonts and flat coloured design that is popular today (which has been popular since 2008). It will probably change to something more 3D yet still modern and different, this will all start changing around 2019 I think. It will be a noticeably different decade compared to the '10s, more different than the '10s are to the '00s I think.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 08/18/17 at 4:40 am

The world war 3 decade.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/18/17 at 5:17 am

Whether or not pop culture in the 2020s will be better is a personal opinion. People should really stop banking on the expectation that the 2020s will be better because they hate the current era. Personally, I think this white supremacy issue...in the States at least...is gonna blossom in the 2020s and it's gonna come to a head and effects the country for generations to come.

I think we'll still be in the era of EDM and rap but it's gonna be different. I can definitely see lots of EDM/Rap covers of nu-metal songs happening at some point. lol.

I'm worried that the 2020s won't be as technologically innovative. In fact, I think the country and possibly the world may enter a worse kind of technological stagnation.

I definitely think things will be different big time because the zeitgeist will realize that it's The 20s as opposed to a far more inconspicuous "10"s.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/18/17 at 5:29 am

Everyone who thinks rock will come back in the 2020s...here it is:

zOujzvtwZ6M

Written By: Howard on 08/18/17 at 7:16 am

I hope for the '20s to be an era of peace and prosperity.

I can dream...

I hope so, these past couple years have been just bad news all around the world from bombing attacks to terrorism.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/18/17 at 8:26 am

Politics could be much more liberal during the 2020's, assuming that Donald Trump loses the 2020 election to a progressive Democrat. Over the rest of Trump's term, if we see his approval ratings continue to decline, then his reputation could have the same negative results for the Republican Party that George W. Bush's had during the last decade.

The decade will unquestionably belong to Gen Z culturally, as most peak Gen Y people begin to hit 40. Also, retro nostalgia for '90s childhood and '00s teen stuff by Yers will reach the same level of popularity that '50s childhood and '60s teen nostalgia for Boomers did 40 years ago.

Written By: temaichi on 08/18/17 at 8:53 am

-Trump
-  legalization of weed
- Crackdown on cops
Trump will most likely be out of his president state by 2020. I hope pop culture will improve but i haven`t seen anything much from that lately. New boy bands are forming which is true but will they stay at the top? Studies showing teens getting depressed by social media is not gonna change anything. Social media will be bigger in the 2020s. Artist are losing relevance mostly from early 2010s but Katy Perry isn`t she has been one of the top artist of this year dropping new hits.

Written By: temaichi on 08/18/17 at 8:56 am

Well, for one, punk's supposed to make a comeback of sorts. If not punk (or pop-punk), then at least some form of rock music (even if with electronic influences).
Hopefully Rock can come back into the mainstream. But i think it`s gonna include alot of electronic influences because that`s what most new artist do nowdays and upload their music into a website called "Soundcloud". There`s artist like XXXTentacion that has gained fame this year by using that site and he makes rock that includes rap in it. It`s very interesting but nothing like what i want. I like when Rock artist use real insruments instead.

Written By: temaichi on 08/18/17 at 9:01 am

Are boy bands really coming back? I have yet to see any evidence of a return of boy bands, whether it be in the form of Nsync or not. If anything, the opposite is happening. One Direction split up and the members of the group have since formed very successful solo careers. While 5SOS, on the other hand, enjoyed a brief run of success in 2014, they have since fell out of the spotlight and you don't hear of them anymore. I honestly can't think of any boy bands which still remain popular in the mainstream. Even the teen pop stars of the Early 2010s, such as Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus, have matured in their sound and no longer specifically target that age cohort.

Although they may continue into the 2020s, I think they are very much a defining aspect of 2010s society.
There are new boy bands that have been forming in 2016 and 2017. Boy bands such as "PRETTYMUCH", "5 At Midnight", & "Why dont we". There`s also a new TV show this year that came out called "Boy band" where Nick from the Backstreet Boys, Emma Bunton from the Spice Girls and the famous producer Timbaland come together to find a new boy band. The TV show is getting close to its final epsidoe. But they boy bands i mentioned are not mainstream quite yet but i believe they will be in the future.

Written By: temaichi on 08/18/17 at 9:06 am

I think the 2020s will be very different from the 2010s. "Better" is relative but I think (and hope) it will be better in terms of the violence and political tension this decade has. I have a feeling next decade will be the opposite to this one, and the 2010s will face some backlash. Things will look very different and we will only get a peek of what's to come in the '20s around 2019. I do not believe at all the things we are seeing now are previews to the next decade, it will change a lot. The '20s will see a lot of technological advancements and I believe it will have a unique culture. Music will sound quite different and fashion and trends will change as well. The 2000s will be retro next decade as well, how crazy is that!?  :o

I hope the 2019 - 2021 period gets a sort ot of reboot of the Y2K aesthetic because Y2K will have huge nostalgia at this time being 20 years ago. 2020 sounds futuristic and I hope to see some cool futuristic "space ship" aesthetics like the Y2K era has seen only more advanced and bad ass. Oh and one thing I think for sure will change in the '20s is the fonts and flat coloured design that is popular today (which has been popular since 2008). It will probably change to something more 3D yet still modern and different, this will all start changing around 2019 I think. It will be a noticeably different decade compared to the '10s, more different than the '10s are to the '00s I think.
People in the 2020s will definetly have a huge nostalgia for the 2000s just like what people now have for the 90s. There has been alot of 80s and 90s reboot for this decade so we`ll definetly see alot of 90s and 2000s reboots for the 2020s.

Written By: temaichi on 08/18/17 at 9:12 am

Whether or not pop culture in the 2020s will be better is a personal opinion. People should really stop banking on the expectation that the 2020s will be better because they hate the current era. Personally, I think this white supremacy issue...in the States at least...is gonna blossom in the 2020s and it's gonna come to a head and effects the country for generations to come.

I think we'll still be in the era of EDM and rap but it's gonna be different. I can definitely see lots of EDM/Rap covers of nu-metal songs happening at some point. lol.

I'm worried that the 2020s won't be as technologically innovative. In fact, I think the country and possibly the world may enter a worse kind of technological stagnation.We are definetly gonna be stuck in the era of EDM and rap and i am hoping that it is gonna be different then what we are hearing now for the best.

I definitely think things will be different big time because the zeitgeist will realize that it's The 20s as opposed to a far more inconspicuous "10"s.

Written By: temaichi on 08/18/17 at 9:16 am

Everyone who thinks rock will come back in the 2020s...here it is:

zOujzvtwZ6M
WHAT THE ACTUALL F did i just watch and hear.... ???
Anyways...I think you`re right at some point. Emo`s might return to music like this that includes a bit of rap and rock music but that is not really rock at this point. I only hear that "Emo voice" and that`s about it for Lil Peep`s music. Don`t think we`ll hear much of that in the mainstream stuff for the 2020s though. :P ;D

It`s funny how things have changed. Right after i posted that i actutally had a look at the debut album on his soundcloud page and i loved and understood his artistic style. It made me become a fan myself. I wish there were more rappers like him. So thank you for sending me that! ;D ;D

Written By: temaichi on 08/18/17 at 9:19 am

Politics could be much more liberal during the 2020's, assuming that Donald Trump loses the 2020 election to a progressive Democrat. Over the rest of Trump's term, if we see his approval ratings continue to decline, then his reputation could have the same negative results for the Republican Party that George W. Bush's had during the last decade.

The decade will unquestionably belong to Gen Z culturally, as most peak Gen Y people begin to hit 40. Also, retro nostalgia for '90s childhood and '00s teen stuff by Yers will reach the same level of popularity that '50s childhood and '60s teen nostalgia for Boomers did 40 years ago.
The decade will definetly belong to Gen Z culturally & there will be alot of nostalgia for the 2000s stuff in the 2020s and people might see that as an inspiration for a movie or just their music in an artistic view. Maybe TV will change at some point too.

Written By: John Titor on 08/18/17 at 9:41 am

google prettymuch

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/18/17 at 10:12 am

Trump will most likely be out of his president state by 2020. I hope pop culture will improve but i haven`t seen anything much from that lately. New boy bands are forming which is true but will they stay at the top? Studies showing teens getting depressed by social media is not gonna change anything. Social media will be bigger in the 2020s. Artist are losing relevance mostly from early 2010s but Katy Perry isn`t she has been one of the top artist of this year dropping new hits.

I dunno. Katy Perry kinda seems to be where Gaga was back in 2012-2013.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/18/17 at 10:16 am

WHAT THE ACTUALL F did i just watch and hear.... ???
Anyways...I think you`re right at some point. Emo`s might return to music like this that includes a bit of rap and rock music but that is not really rock at this point. I only hear that "Emo voice" and that`s about it for Lil Peep`s music. Don`t think we`ll hear much of that in the mainstream stuff for the 2020s though. :P ;D

We can only pray. What's worse is that I chose this song because I think it's his best.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/18/17 at 10:43 am

Do you remember when you thought that there would be flying cars

I don't get this misguided fascination with flying cars. In case nobody has noticed, we already have those. They're called airplanes. The only way a car can fly is to be a plane. Same thing.

Written By: temaichi on 08/18/17 at 11:14 am

We can only pray. What's worse is that I chose this song because I think it's his best.
It`s something else. I`ll tell ya that & that`s what i love about it!  Would definetly grind to music like this at night or something it just dosen`t feel like Rock though...

Written By: Slim95 on 08/18/17 at 2:40 pm

I think traditional cable TV may be completely replaced with internet TV in the '20s. TVs will also look a lot thinner, curved with no bezels. We may see flexible TV display pannels being developed next decade as well. Microsoft Hololens will be released to the public at this time and AR and VR will be even bigger than they are now.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 08/18/17 at 2:54 pm

Culturally I will follow that decade to make up for the 10s.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/18/17 at 3:15 pm

I don't get this misguided fascination with flying cars. In case nobody has noticed, we already have those. They're called airplanes. The only way a car can fly is to be a plane. Same thing.

I don't think it's misguided. You should read all the arguments against cars and phones. They're not that different from the ones against things like holograms, flying cars, automation, etc. I think the hover cars would be cool. I don't think I would want too many people in the air tho.

Written By: Howard on 08/18/17 at 4:00 pm

Hopefully Rock can come back into the mainstream. But i think it`s gonna include alot of electronic influences because that`s what most new artist do nowdays and upload their music into a website called "Soundcloud". There`s artist like XXXTentacion that has gained fame this year by using that site and he makes rock that includes rap in it. It`s very interesting but nothing like what i want. I like when Rock artist use real insruments instead.

or when music in general had "real" instruments.

Written By: bchris02 on 08/18/17 at 4:03 pm

Back in the 1950s people thought that everyone would have their own personal flying transport by the year 2000.  Futurist science fiction back then all depicted that.  Over the decades, the idea has been deeply ingrained in our culture.  But yeah, I agree its impractical and I doubt we will ever get there.  Self-driving cars on the other hand will likely become more prominent by the end of the next decade.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/18/17 at 8:48 pm

Back in the 1950s people thought that everyone would have their own personal flying transport by the year 2000.  Futurist science fiction back then all depicted that.  Over the decades, the idea has been deeply ingrained in our culture.  But yeah, I agree its impractical and I doubt we will ever get there.  Self-driving cars on the other hand will likely become more prominent by the end of the next decade.

Of course I am well aware of the beloved cultural idea of the flying car.  I was around in the Space Age 60s.  But for everyone to have a flying car, presuming they could exist, everyone would have to have the equivalent of a pilot's license. Flying cars would do more than regular cars. They have to take off and land, neither of which is as easy as starting a car and driving away. Some people just wouldn't have the skill.  As for anyone right now who has a private plane and can pilot it, they essentially have a flying car.  Did people really think a flying car would look like a Toyota with wings?  It would never get off the ground. Planes are shaped the way they are for a reason. Forgive me for all this, George Jetson.  ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 08/18/17 at 9:52 pm

Of course I am well aware of the beloved cultural idea of the flying car.  I was around in the Space Age 60s.  But for everyone to have a flying car, presuming they could exist, everyone would have to have the equivalent of a pilot's license. Flying cars would do more than regular cars. They have to take off and land, neither of which is as easy as starting a car and driving away. Some people just wouldn't have the skill.  As for anyone right now who has a private plane and can pilot it, they essentially have a flying car.  Did people really think a flying car would look like a Toyota with wings?  It would never get off the ground. Planes are shaped the way they are for a reason. Forgive me for all this, George Jetson.  ;D

Well not necessarily. The flying car that doesn't exist yet is supposed to hover so that landing on a runway is necessary. It's supposed to start like a normal car and just start hovering in the air. Nothing like this exists yet.

Flying cars that don't hover and need a runway with small wings (pretty much a miniature airplane) do exist today, at least their prototypes do. They don't look as cool but here is the prototype for the aeromobil and what it looks like.

kzYb68qXpD0

Written By: muppethammer26 on 08/18/17 at 10:06 pm

My predictions for the 2020's:

1. We might elect a new US president in 2020 after hearing of all the low approval ratings our current US president has.
2. Trap Music will be gone and a new style of hip hop will rise.
3. Tattoos will go out of style.
4. Some type of big bottle cap sized ear piercings (don't know the exact name) will go out of style.
5. The 9th generation consoles will be released sometime in the early 2020's.
6. People will be calmer and more polite.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/18/17 at 10:18 pm

It's going to be a decade of automation, virtual and augmented reality and other massive technological breakthroughs. Even just thinking about 2020 seems kind of futuristic.

Well, I certainly hope those things don't happen until at least a few decades later.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/18/17 at 10:20 pm

I absolutely agree with you....100%. I thought that I was the only one who felt this way.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/18/17 at 10:21 pm

The 2020s will be very similar to the 2010s...just slightly more technically advanced.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/18/17 at 10:34 pm

Well, I certainly hope those things don't happen until at least a few decades later.

They are already happening today lol. I have a VR headset and you can buy AR glasses as well. It will only get bigger next decade. It just started now. A couple decades later I can't even imagine what we will have but AR and VR will look old at that point when we move on to something else.

The 2020s will be very similar to the 2010s...just slightly more technically advanced.

No I don't believe it will be similar at all. It will be more or less like the switch from the '80s to the '90s.

Written By: wixness on 08/18/17 at 11:01 pm

Yeah, sadly. Unless if there is going to be some actual 2000s nostalgia, people will just look back fondly on the 2010s for how people were "classy" because of the music and the fashion.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/18/17 at 11:33 pm

They are already happening today lol. I have a VR headset and you can buy AR glasses as well. It will only get bigger next decade. It just started now. A couple decades later I can't even imagine what we will have but AR and VR will look old at that point when we move on to something else.

No I don't believe it will be similar at all. It will be more or less like the switch from the '80s to the '90s.

OK bud. My opinion remains unchanged.

Yeah, sadly. Unless if there is going to be some actual 2000s nostalgia, people will just look back fondly on the 2010s for how people were "classy" because of the music and the fashion.

Yeah...basically.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/18/17 at 11:41 pm

OK bud. My opinion remains unchanged.
Yeah...basically.

But VR is happening today?  ??? So you are saying it is gonna disappear next decade? If I have a VR headset now, why wouldn't I have it in the 2020s? You said you hope those things don't happen for another couple of decades yet they are happening right now (including automation) so that doesn't make any sense...

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/18/17 at 11:47 pm

But VR is happening today?  ??? So you are saying it is gonna disappear next decade? If I have a VR headset now, why wouldn't I have it in the 2020s?

Difference between VR existing and VR dominating everyday life which is what Slowpoke is predicting....I don't want that to happen for a very long time and you already know this. For the last time, my opinion remains UNCHANGED.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/18/17 at 11:50 pm

Difference between VR existing and VR dominating everyday life which is what Slowpoke is predicting....I don't want that to happen for a very long time and you already know this. For the last time, my opinion remains UNCHANGED.

Ok well most likely it will happen.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/18/17 at 11:52 pm

Ok well most likely it will happen.

Yes but like I said...I don't want it happen until much later than the upcoming decade.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/19/17 at 12:40 am

I might be the only one on this board who is not convinced that we've truly reached peak 90s nostalgia. In fact, I think 90s nostalgia has more or less just begun. So much of the 10s has had an underlining 80s nostalgia to it.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/17 at 12:46 am

I might be the only one on this board who is not convinced that we've truly reached peak 90s nostalgia. In fact, I think 90s nostalgia has more or less just begun. So much of the 10s has had an underlining 80s nostalgia to it.

I agree with you. We've seen some '90s nostalgia but nothing very big.

Written By: wixness on 08/19/17 at 2:12 am

If you're right, then I don't know what to do any more, although I swear that there was 90s nostalgia in this decade because of the short hair the guys were wearing and the lack of androgynous fashion out there.

Written By: musicguy93 on 08/19/17 at 2:46 am

-Trump
-  legalization of weed
- Crackdown on cops

I hope you're right about this one. 2010s T.V. is really depressing and unenjoyable to me.

Written By: Howard on 08/19/17 at 7:14 am

I'd definitely like to see that.

Written By: Howard on 08/19/17 at 7:15 am

My predictions for the 2020's:

1. We might elect a new US president in 2020 after hearing of all the low approval ratings our current US president has.
2. Trap Music will be gone and a new style of hip hop will rise.
3. Tattoos will go out of style.
4. Some type of big bottle cap sized ear piercings (don't know the exact name) will go out of style.
5. The 9th generation consoles will be released sometime in the early 2020's.
6. People will be calmer and more polite.

Will this be a PS5 or a PS6 by any chance? ???

Written By: John Titor on 08/19/17 at 10:05 am

I agree with you. We've seen some '90s nostalgia but nothing very big.

nothing very big?

Power Rangers movie
Fuller House
Girl Meets World
Jurassic World
Sonic mania
Baywatch

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/19/17 at 10:46 am

Will this be a PS5 or a PS6 by any chance? ???

Yes. The 9th generation of video game consoles will be the PlayStation 5, Xbox Two (or whatever Microsoft is going to call it), Nintendo Switch 2 (or whatever Nintendo is going to call it). Who knows maybe SEGA will re-enter the console making biz and come out with the SEGA Dreamcast 2 :D.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/17 at 10:57 am

nothing very big?

Power Rangers movie
Fuller House
Girl Meets World
Jurassic World
Sonic mania
Baywatch

Nope, I still agree with Bornin86. '90s nostalgia was not big this decade and very lame. It either hasn't peaked yet or will remain very weak.

Written By: 2001 on 08/19/17 at 10:57 am

How can you be majoring in computer science if you can't get excited for this stuff? School will make you miserable ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/19/17 at 11:09 am

Nope, I still agree with Bornin86. '90s nostalgia was not big this decade and very lame. It either hasn't peaked yet or will remain very weak.

I disagree.

How can you be majoring in computer science if you can't get excited for this stuff? School will make you miserable ;D

I like tech but I don't like the idea of humans becoming completely soulless to tech and trapped in their own virtual high tech worlds. It just doesn't seem cool to me.

Written By: John Titor on 08/19/17 at 11:19 am

FULLER HOUSE
GIRL MEETS WORLD
BAY WATCH
NICK THE SPLAT
JURASSIC WORLD
Power Rangers Movie
Rockos Modern life movie
90's songs being used in commercials (this is how we do it)
Flannel around the wasit being a trend in 2013/2014

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/17 at 11:21 am

power Rangers
FULLER HOUSE
GIRL MEETS WORLD
BAY WATCH
NICK THE SPLAT
JURASSIC WORLD

Making it bigger won't convince me.  ;D Besides, those things were the worst part of the '90s too. They weren't bad but there were so many better things from that decade to get nostalgic for. I can name 30 '80s reboots that came back in the '00s, that's REAL nostalgia. Not a couple reboots of shows. Plus this decade has seen nostalgia for a wide range of decades like the '80s and '70s too in terms of music, so I still agree with Bornin86.

Written By: John Titor on 08/19/17 at 11:21 am

Making it bigger won't convince me.  ;D Besides, those things were the worst part of the '90s too. They weren't bad but there were so many better things from that decade to get nostalgic for. I can name 30 '80s reboots that came back in the '00s, that's REAL nostalgia. Not a couple reboots of shows. Plus this decade has seen nostalgia for a wide range of decades like the '80s and '70s too.

90s fashion came back in 2013 tho, how can you deny that, you cant pick and choose what was 90s

Boy meets world and Full house was the 90s, power rangers was the 90s

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/17 at 11:23 am

I like tech but I don't like the idea of humans becoming completely soulless to tech and trapped in their own virtual high tech worlds. It just doesn't seem cool to me.

But you don't need to be soulless if you don't want to lol. You can still have technology everywhere and integrated into your lives and still have a soul and choose to refrain from using it once in a while. Technology doesn't force you to be soulless, that would be your decision. It's very difficult not to get excited for all the new tech advancements, at least for me in a computer major myself.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/17 at 11:32 am

90s fashion came back in 2013 tho, how can you deny that, you cant pick and choose what was 90s

Boy meets world and Full house was the 90s, power rangers was the 90s

I have yet to see grunge and '90s hip hop come back. Trap and EDM are the opposite. I still think '90s nostalgia was very lame this decade. For all we know it may get stronger next decade.

Written By: exodus08 on 08/19/17 at 11:58 am

80s style music was big last decade because of 80s babies trying to stuff it down our throats. 90s style music this decade isn't big.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/19/17 at 11:59 am

But you don't need to be soulless if you don't want to lol. You can still have technology everywhere and integrated into your lives and still have a soul and choose to refrain from using it once in a while. Technology doesn't force you to be soulless, that would be your decision. It's very difficult not to get excited for all the new tech advancements, at least for me in a computer major myself.

As smartphones have shown (and pretty much anything else), most people don't have self control and have become essentially mind drained by smartphones. If the world was entirely digital and people lived in their own virtual worlds...it would be 1000x worse.

Written By: John Titor on 08/19/17 at 12:03 pm

I have yet to see grunge and '90s hip hop come back. Trap and EDM are the opposite. I still think '90s nostalgia was very lame this decade. For all we know it may get stronger next decade.

asap mob uses 90s hip hop influences , maybe you arent paying attention lol

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/17 at 12:11 pm

As smartphones have shown (and pretty much anything else), most people don't have self control and have become essentially mind drained by smartphones. If the world was entirely digital and people lived in their own virtual worlds...it would be 1000x worse.

You can have self control. Why does it matter what other people do? For example, I myself can easily live without a smartphone. In fact I went without a phone for a week when I lost my phone 2 years ago. I still like technology and futuristic inventions. It is up to you to have self control. Why do you care if others don't?

Written By: Howard on 08/19/17 at 12:51 pm

Yes. The 9th generation of video game consoles will be the PlayStation 5, Xbox Two (or whatever Microsoft is going to call it), Nintendo Switch 2 (or whatever Nintendo is going to call it). Who knows maybe SEGA will re-enter the console making biz and come out with the SEGA Dreamcast 2 :D.

I wonder what The Playstation 5 will look like? ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/19/17 at 1:19 pm

You can have self control. Why does it matter what other people do? For example, I myself can easily live without a smartphone. In fact I went without a phone for a week when I lost my phone 2 years ago. I still like technology and futuristic inventions. It is up to you to have self control. Why do you care if others don't?

If most other people and society as a whole is sucked into this futuristic world...then what is there for me to do? ???

That's why I want to at least spend my young adult age not in a futursitic world that you and Slowpoke would like. That's why I said that I hope this world doesn't happen until much later.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/19/17 at 1:19 pm

I wonder what The Playstation 5 will look like? ???

No one knows.

Written By: 2001 on 08/19/17 at 1:33 pm

Yep. I know some people have become miserable because of social media, but my use case with smartphones has been entirely different (and maybe I have more self control - but I'd say I'm too uninteresting to lead an active social media life ;D), and it has made me a lot happier.

Maybe they should teach kids how to control yourself around electronics at school. I know some kids are on their iPad all day and their parents encourage this behaviour because they're busy, but it can't be healthy in the long run. But then again, it can be like the hysteria over the TV, video game and computer obsession before, and we're just overreacting.

Written By: temaichi on 08/19/17 at 2:45 pm

Yep. I know some people have become miserable because of social media, but my use case with smartphones has been entirely different (and maybe I have more self control - but I'd say I'm too uninteresting to lead an active social media life ;D), and it has made me a lot happier.

Maybe they should teach kids how to control yourself around electronics at school. I know some kids are on their iPad all day and their parents encourage this behaviour because they're busy, but it can't be healthy in the long run. But then again, it can be like the hysteria over the TV, video game and computer obsession before, and we're just overreacting.
They have already begun that in our decade. Some schools get their own iPad or laptop to take home and bring it to school. I never had an iPad in Middle school but i had a laptop and if i kept it in my 3 years at Middle school i could keep it as my own. So the duty to keep these electronics safe are real. This will probably be a more huge thing in schools for the 2020s.  ;)

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/28/18 at 7:24 pm

I think the 2020's will be a very transitional decade. The year 2020 most likely won't feel that different from today and it will probably still have the same trap rap and typical 2010's EDM. I also predict 2020 will be the last year these music genres are very popular. By the 2020-2021 school year, these music genres will start to get long in the tooth, and they will most likely be replaced by a new music genre sometime in 2021/2022. I predict that new music genre will probably be Future Funk or maybe Vaporwave. We will finally get a new style of hip-hop. By the end of the decade, self-driving cars will be everywhere on the road.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/28/18 at 8:24 pm

I hope a brand new music genre nobody has ever heard yet or doesn't exist yet gets popular in the '20s.

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/18 at 10:11 pm

They have already begun that in our decade. Some schools get their own iPad or laptop to take home and bring it to school. I never had an iPad in Middle school but i had a laptop and if i kept it in my 3 years at Middle school i could keep it as my own. So the duty to keep these electronics safe are real. This will probably be a more huge thing in schools for the 2020s.  ;)

They have those "reverse schools" where you do you "homework" at school and listen to the lectures by your teacher at home (on an iPad usually). It's been shown to boost grades and retain the knowledge. I thought it would have caught on by now (I heard of it back in 2013/2014) but it looks my little sister went through all of elementary school without witnessing it.  :-\\

When I have kids I'm definitely sending them to that kind of school (along with French immersion) ;D

Written By: xenzue on 03/01/18 at 12:11 am

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the 20s will be dramatically different in terms of overall feel and pop culture. There’s several reasons why I believe this is so.

The 10s was/and still is dominated by this culture of “influencers” who amass very large followings on social platforms. They usually are very fake, only focus on their image, and basically are the opposite of genuine. From youtubers, to IG models, to soundcloud rappers, the overall vibe is very fake. Social media will obviously not go away, it will evolve and mature even more in the 20s. What will go away is the “fakeness” that dominates the 10s. It will be killed by a rising counterculture, similar how grunge and hip hop killed the excess of an image-obsessed pop culture in the 80s. The change was FAST and very dramatic.

Another thing that will mark the early 20s is the fall of Trap and other trap-influenced genres. Trap is THE sound of the decade. It’s absolutely everywhere, and it’s a global phenomenon. It’s also starting to get overplayed. My guess is that a new “super-genre” (which today is in its infancy) will emerge in the early 20s, this genre being a mix of pop, hip hop, R&B, Afrobeat, Rock, and Neo-Soul. It already has a distinct sound, but it will mature and become its own thing by the mid 20s. I like to call it Afropunk because this sound can be found in the Afropunk music festival. I also think this cultural shift can usher in an updated stripped-down version of Rock in the mainstream. Guitar-based music is slowly creeping back in the mainstream, and samples are becoming more and more instrument-based. That being said, the advancement of music producing technology will only accelerate in the next decade. Also, Hip Hop isn’t going anywhere, it will evolve and give birth to new genres. The future of music will be very exciting.

I could go on, but I’d like to hear what y’all think of my predictions. Am I too off?

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/01/18 at 2:59 am

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the 20s will be dramatically different in terms of overall feel and pop culture. There’s several reasons why I believe this is so.

The 10s was/and still is dominated by this culture of “influencers” who amass very large followings on social platforms. They usually are very fake, only focus on their image, and basically are the opposite of genuine. From youtubers, to IG models, to soundcloud rappers, the overall vibe is very fake. Social media will obviously not go away, it will evolve and mature even more in the 20s. What will go away is the “fakeness” that dominates the 10s. It will be killed by a rising counterculture, similar how grunge and hip hop killed the excess of an image-obsessed pop culture in the 80s. The change was FAST and very dramatic.

Another thing that will mark the early 20s is the fall of Trap and other trap-influenced genres. Trap is THE sound of the decade. It’s absolutely everywhere, and it’s a global phenomenon. It’s also starting to get overplayed. My guess is that a new “super-genre” (which today is in its infancy) will emerge in the early 20s, this genre being a mix of pop, hip hop, R&B, Afrobeat, Rock, and Neo-Soul. It already has a distinct sound, but it will mature and become its own thing by the mid 20s. I like to call it Afropunk because this sound can be found in the Afropunk music festival. I also think this cultural shift can usher in an updated stripped-down version of Rock in the mainstream. Guitar-based music is slowly creeping back in the mainstream, and samples are becoming more and more instrument-based. That being said, the advancement of music producing technology will only accelerate in the next decade. Also, Hip Hop isn’t going anywhere, it will evolve and give birth to new genres. The future of music will be very exciting.

I could go on, but I’d like to hear what y’all think of my predictions. Am I too off?

I don't know if what you wrote will be accurate but it sure sounds good!

Written By: Wobo on 03/01/18 at 3:07 am

It's either going to be a Nintendo Switch XL and I heard that they're trying to extend the switch for another 10 years.

Written By: Wobo on 03/01/18 at 3:10 am

People in the 2020s will definetly have a huge nostalgia for the 2000s just like what people now have for the 90s. There has been alot of 80s and 90s reboot for this decade so we`ll definetly see alot of 90s and 2000s reboots for the 2020s.

There will be an animaniacs reboot in 2020.

Written By: Wobo on 03/01/18 at 3:18 am

We have like 22 months until January 1,2020.  :o

Written By: Howard on 03/01/18 at 5:30 am

I hope a brand new music genre nobody has ever heard yet or doesn't exist yet gets popular in the '20s.

like funk or disco? ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/18 at 5:31 am

like funk or disco? ;D
A new form of funk or disco?

Written By: Howard on 03/01/18 at 5:31 am

We have like 22 months until January 1,2020.  :o

will Trump still be our President?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/18 at 5:34 am

will Trump still be our President?
When is the next election due?

Written By: Dundee on 03/01/18 at 5:40 am

A new form of funk or disco?
What about Future Funk? It's a sample-based, Vaporwave-kind of Nu Disco with a weird fetish for animes ;D Can't get more unique than this!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/18 at 5:49 am

What about Future Funk? It's a sample-based, Vaporwave-kind of Nu Disco with a weird fetish for animes ;D Can't get more unique than this!
Start working on it now?

Written By: Howard on 03/01/18 at 6:10 am

In November.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/18 at 6:33 am

In November.
So soon? This year?

Written By: Slim95 on 03/01/18 at 8:09 am

It's not uniqie. I said new genres nobody has ever heard of. I have heard of future funk.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/18 at 8:12 am

It's not uniqie. I said new genres nobody has ever heard of. I have heard of future funk.
Get your patent/copyright in quickly!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/01/18 at 8:33 am

The next Presidential election is in 2 years (November 3rd, 2020).

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/18 at 8:38 am

The next Presidential election is in 2 years (November 3rd, 2020).
Many thanks. I was thinking this November would be too soon.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/01/18 at 9:32 am

You're welcome.

This November (November 6th, 2018) is the midterm elections where every member of the House of Representatives and some Senators are up for re-election.

Maybe, that is what Howard thought you were asking about.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/18 at 7:54 am

So soon? This year?

Will it be president or a different election? ???

Written By: 2001 on 03/02/18 at 9:18 am

It can't come soon enough.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/18 at 9:18 am

You never know... ...impeachment?

Written By: 2001 on 03/02/18 at 9:35 am

You never know... ...impeachment?

That doesn't trigger an election though, it just means Mike Pence will be president 😱

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/18 at 9:38 am

That doesn't trigger an election though, it just means Mike Pence will be president 😱
O0

Written By: Howard on 03/02/18 at 1:26 pm

It will be here before you know it.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/18 at 1:27 pm

Will we have moving sidewalks? ???

Written By: Slim95 on 03/02/18 at 1:42 pm

Like the ones at airports? Doubt they will bring those outside.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/18 at 1:53 pm

Like the ones at airports? Doubt they will bring those outside.

But won't they have to build it for each and every neighborhood?

Written By: Slim95 on 03/02/18 at 1:59 pm

But won't they have to build it for each and every neighborhood?

Yeah it would be pretty tough. But it's a cool idea!

http://asset.tovima.gr/vimawebstatic//5028FCF3D99919A6484F937F019DE5EC.jpg

Written By: 2001 on 03/02/18 at 2:59 pm

What if you're trying to move in the other direction?

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/02/18 at 3:51 pm

Then you move to the other direction by using your legs.

Written By: 2001 on 03/02/18 at 5:02 pm

But if the sidewalk is still moving in the other direction faster than you can walk the other way then you're still going the wrong way.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/02/18 at 5:22 pm

But if the sidewalk is still moving in the other direction faster than you can walk the other way then you're still going the wrong way.

Try running and jumping and keep failing by falling on your face a billion times because that's the key to success.  ;) ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 03/02/18 at 6:01 pm

Then you're screwed.

Written By: Howard on 03/03/18 at 7:20 am

Yeah it would be pretty tough. But it's a cool idea!

http://asset.tovima.gr/vimawebstatic//5028FCF3D99919A6484F937F019DE5EC.jpg

and very costly.

Written By: Howard on 03/03/18 at 7:20 am

and using buttons.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/05/18 at 11:56 pm

I've been listening to both pop and urban radio for the past week and I feel music is really picking up again (at least for me). I think the 2020s are going to be great!

Written By: Wobo on 03/06/18 at 12:02 am

I've been listening to both pop and urban radio for the past week and I feel music is really picking up again (at least for me). I think the 2020s are going to be great!

Yeah I will be a teen in the early 2020s and be an adult in the mid 2020s!

Written By: Dundee on 03/06/18 at 2:48 am

Yeah I will be a teen in the early 2020s and be an adult in the mid 2020s!

I wil turn 23 in 2020 and 30 in the late 2020s, meaning the 2020s would become already the last decade where I'm part of pop culture's target audience :o
The decade better deliver >:(

/s

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/18 at 3:05 am

I will be 20-30 years old during the 2020s. It's pretty cool that I will be spending 99.5% of my twenties in the 2020s (0.5% in the 2010s) :P.

Written By: Howard on 03/06/18 at 7:23 am

https://d262ilb51hltx0.cloudfront.net/max/1644/1*9CVdPjdG236L8hj_KOdykQ.jpeg

a food machine like The Jetsons.

Written By: APDCR1990 on 03/07/18 at 5:15 pm

I'm worried that the 2020s won't be as technologically innovative. In fact, I think the country and possibly the world may enter a worse kind of technological stagnation.

That would be a good thing, IMO. We're way past the peak of technological progress improving of our daily lives. Now it's working against us socially, politically, environmentally, and economically. What's the point of smartphones at this point?

Written By: ofkx on 03/07/18 at 5:59 pm

That would be a good thing, IMO. We're way past the peak of technological progress improving of our daily lives. Now it's working against us socially, politically, environmentally, and economically. What's the point of smartphones at this point?

Technological advancement is always a good thing (well, except for robots. 8-P).

Written By: 2001 on 03/07/18 at 9:49 pm

Technological advancement is always a good thing (well, except for robots. 8-P).

If it was bad then people wouldn't buy it. Although with the popularity of the iPhone X and the hideous notch and lack of headphone jack I'm starting to question whether that's true lol.

Written By: 2001 on 03/07/18 at 9:56 pm

I agree, my 2018 pop playlist is Havana, Finesse, God's Plan, Pray For Me, All The Stars and songs like that. If this is what the 2020s are going to be then sign me up! :o

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/07/18 at 10:01 pm

I agree, my 2018 pop playlist is Havana, Finesse, God's Plan, Pray For Me, All The Stars and songs like that. If this is what the 2020s are going to be then sign me up! :o

Yep, same here! 8)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/07/18 at 10:22 pm

Yep, same here! 8)
Me 3!  :)

Written By: Slim95 on 03/07/18 at 10:56 pm

Mainstream music is absolute garbage in 2018.  8-P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/07/18 at 11:15 pm

Mainstream music is absolute garbage in 2018.  8-P

Wow, you really are......different :-X.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/07/18 at 11:19 pm

Wow, you really are......different :-X.

No I am not. I understand what bad music is, and the music on that is popular today is not music, it is noise. Also, have some respect. Verbal insults are not allowed on here and you can and will get banned for it if you keep it up. This goes for Loganatian too as he threw a verbal insult to me the other day too.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/07/18 at 11:34 pm

No I am not. I understand what bad music is, and the music on that is popular today is not music, it is noise. Also, have some respect. Verbal insults are not allowed on here and you can and will get banned for it if you keep it up. This goes for Loganatian too as he threw a verbal insult to me the other day too.

"different" is a verbal insult now ;D ;D ;D.

OK Slim, you won't have to worry about me again. I'll ignore you and won't respond to you ever again. Simple!

Written By: Dundee on 03/08/18 at 2:55 am

God are you freaking whiny. Can you stop acting like a toddler every five second?

People pecked on your music elitism and the only thing you could come up with is how offended you are? Your youtube-le-wrong-generationesque arguments against modern music are absolute garbage. If you hate it then it's okay, but come up with better reasons for that than statements like "ew it's noise" every 12 your old could make.

Written By: Dundee on 03/08/18 at 3:19 am

Anyway, hearing this is becoming a hit right now, can the charts in the future be full of songs like this one pleeeeeaaaaase :D?

Gc71AmT_b2k

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/08/18 at 9:24 am

God are you freaking whiny. Can you stop acting like a toddler every five second?

People pecked on your music elitism and the only thing you could come up with is how offended you are? Your youtube-le-wrong-generationesque arguments against modern music are absolute garbage. If you hate it then it's okay, but come up with better reasons for that than statements like "ew it's noise" every 12 your old could make.

Seriously though, who cares if he doesn't like it? It probably does sound like noise to him. He simply doesn't like the way it sounds.  ???

Written By: Dundee on 03/09/18 at 5:28 am

Seriously though, who cares if he doesn't like it? It probably does sound like noise to him. He simply doesn't like the way it sounds.  ???

Because "noise" is just an insulting statement that is extremely simple to use when you lazily put everything into one bag. Especially when someone clearly puts himself above the rest because he can "detects that bad music unlike the rest", he better gives off good reasons for that, making "noise" as a statement even more unacceptable in this case.

You can dislike/hate whatever you want, as long you can come up with decent arguments. And good arguments and, especially, a decent attitude simply aren't here.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/09/18 at 12:38 pm

Because "noise" is just an insulting statement that is extremely simple to use when you lazily put everything into one bag. Especially when someone clearly puts himself above the rest because he can "detects that bad music unlike the rest", he better gives off good reasons for that, making "noise" as a statement even more unacceptable in this case.

You can dislike/hate whatever you want, as long you can come up with decent arguments. And good arguments and, especially, a decent attitude simply aren't here.

Because mainstream music is noise to me, simple as that. The music sucks.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/09/18 at 4:02 pm

Because mainstream music is noise to me, simple as that. The music sucks.

Ok. Everyone has different opinions. Calm down.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAP29S-UwAAJrDv.jpg

Written By: Wobo on 03/09/18 at 6:12 pm

Anyway, hearing this is becoming a hit right now, can the charts in the future be full of songs like this one pleeeeeaaaaase :D?

Gc71AmT_b2k

Wow I was just going to post this  ;)
ee21xAWnBMg

Check for new replies or respond here...