inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: VidLii is the 2010s OLD YOUTUBE?!

Written By: temaichi on 08/20/17 at 1:08 pm

So there`s a website i discovered that has the EXACT SAME layout as what YouTube had in the late 2000s.
I almost got tears because i remember when YouTube used to actually look like this. Check it out, guys!! :o

https://www.vidlii.com/

Subject: Re: VidLii is the 2010s OLD YOUTUBE?!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/20/17 at 1:10 pm

I just checked it out. How did you find it?

Written By: temaichi on 08/20/17 at 1:15 pm

I just checked it out. How did you find it?
I tried to look for alternative sites of YouTube because let`s face it...YouTube isn`t the same anymore with all the clickbaits and drama going on.

I found Vidme (Most Popular alternative) - But it dosen`t have YouTube`s old layout.
www.vid.me

I found Wenoo which is an another alternative that looks like YouTube but it dosen`t exactly give me the same feels as the website i mentioned on this topic "VidLii". ;D
www.wenoo.net

Dosen`t it look exactly the same as old YouTube???

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/20/17 at 1:19 pm

I tried to look for alternative sites of YouTube because let`s face it...YouTube isn`t the same anymore with all the clickbaits and drama going on.

I found Vidme (Most Popular alternative) - But it dosen`t have YouTube`s old layout.
www.vid.me

I found Wenoo which is an another alternative that looks like YouTube but it dosen`t exactly give me the same feels as the website i mentioned on this topic "VidLii". ;D
www.wenoo.net

I've seen Vidme before. I saw a few months ago and I was hoping it would blow up I'm not sure if it did though.

Yeah, the others definitely look like the old YouTube. Hopefully, they gain popularity.

Written By: temaichi on 08/20/17 at 1:24 pm

I've seen Vidme before. I saw a few months ago and I was hoping it would blow up I'm not sure if it did though.

Yeah, the others definitely look like the old YouTube. Hopefully, they gain popularity.
I registered on Vid.me early this year & man...It`s actually doing a decent job at getting popular. Alot of famous YouTubers has gone over to Vid.me and that has given the viewers a reason to go over to Vid.me to support their favourite creator which will obviously make alot of users to register. The community is also very nice there. I would say Vid.me has been very successful this year. These two sites definetly need to become a big thing as they give that "classic YouTube" feel. The similarities are strong between these two sites and old YouTube. 

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/20/17 at 1:53 pm

I registered on Vid.me early this year & man...It`s actually doing a decent job at getting popular. Alot of famous YouTubers has gone over to Vid.me and that has given the viewers a reason to go over to Vid.me to support their favourite creator which will obviously make alot of users to register. The community is also very nice there. I would say Vid.me has been very successful this year. These two sites definetly need to become a big thing as they give that "classic YouTube" feel. The similarities are strong between these two sites and old YouTube. 
I hope so. They will knock youtube out if the ballgame. Oh,  and signed up a while ago as well. I just haven't been on it because there's not much content.

Written By: Howard on 08/20/17 at 2:04 pm

www.vid.me

www.wenoo.net

It sure does, somewhat similar.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/20/17 at 7:07 pm

Wow that's awesome. I love it! So much nostalgia. I actually like this more than Vidme.

Written By: temaichi on 08/24/17 at 8:42 am

Wow that's awesome. I love it! So much nostalgia. I actually like this more than Vidme.

It sure looks better then Vidme! Even though i prefer the community on Vidme much more because it reminds me of YouTube`s old innocent days... :-\\

Written By: Slim95 on 08/27/17 at 4:29 pm

I've been using this site so much now it has actually become my favourite website now.

Written By: wixness on 08/27/17 at 5:07 pm

I'm on vid.me, but this is because I can't use my current phone number any more for new Google accounts. There's this one guy that's gaining influence on vid.me that I'm not fond of.

Written By: Fearsword on 08/27/17 at 6:41 pm

looks cool

Written By: wixness on 08/27/17 at 7:36 pm

Noticed about their copyright policy. Wrote a rant full of profanity elsewhere outside this site on intellectual property law.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/27/17 at 11:02 pm

I remember using YouTube back in 2009. I was 7 back then and I tried to search up cheats for Club Penguin XD

Written By: temaichi on 08/31/17 at 5:31 pm

I remember using YouTube back in 2009. I was 7 back then and I tried to search up cheats for Club Penguin XD

Those were the days.
You`re pretty young though! I thought i was the youngest here. Haha! ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/31/17 at 6:31 pm

Those were the days.

I mean you were born in 2000 so that's not too many years away XD

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 6:41 pm

Haha nice! :) me and all my friends used to play Club Penguin all the time back in '09.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 6:42 pm

Those were the days.

You're the second youngest. :)

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/31/17 at 6:47 pm

Haha nice! :) me and all my friends used to play Club Penguin all the time back in '09.

Yeah, it's too bad it's closed now. I'm glad I got to experience it.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/31/17 at 9:54 pm

You're the second youngest. :)
Nah. Rainbowz is the 2nd youngest and temaichi is the 4th youngest. There is a 2001 user here who would be the 3rd youngest and there was a 2003 user here last year, and he would be the youngest.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 11:02 pm

Nah. Rainbowz is the 2nd youngest and temaichi is the 4th youngest. There is a 2001 user here who would be the 3rd youngest and there was a 2003 user here last year, and he would be the youngest.

That makes me the 5th youngest :)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/31/17 at 11:06 pm

That makes me the 5th youngest :)
Correct!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 11:30 pm

Why do you keep bringing that user up? He's not active so he doesn't count. Rainbowz is the youngest user currently.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/01/17 at 12:46 am

Why do you keep bringing that user up? He's not active so he doesn't count. Rainbowz is the youngest user currently.
You guys never said active users though. It was mentioned as users overall.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/01/17 at 1:36 am

You guys never said active users though. It was mentioned as users overall.

I actually wasn't apart of the convo. I just wanted to butt in and also, I thought that it was obvious they meant active users :P.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/03/17 at 10:44 pm

I actually wasn't apart of the convo. I just wanted to butt in and also, I thought that it was obvious they meant active users :P.
Oh, my bad then. OTT, it didn't seem they were implying that.

Check for new replies or respond here...